• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: I just saw a Reddit topic that confirms Chrom will appear in Robin's Final Smash regardless of if Chrom is on the battlefield or not. While I do admit that is kind of lazy, it might at least be a sign of hope that Isaac being a playable character and an Assist Trophy isn't as farfetched as it might seem.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I think the best plan is pushing #GoldenSun over any other hashtags. Simple, to the point, and doesn't overly focus on the Smash angle. Playable Isaac is an important goal, of course, but so is raising awareness of the actual Golden Sun games and pushing for their potential revival.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Been a while since I was here. Have to say...I’m just happy he is IN the game this time. That was my biggest grievance in Sm4sh (well, that and the Dark Dawn map theme being the only added track of all songs). As he is, he looks great. I was under the impression after the August that even if they added no more characters I would be satisfied. That hasn’t changed. At this point, I’m hoping for more GS remixes. That would really put icing on the cake.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
so...does Incineroar's Cross Chop (his up special) remind anyone of Planet Diver? It works pretty much how I would've envisioned it had it been in Isaac's moveset.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: after re-watching the part where Sakurai discusses Rex's Mii Fighter Costume, I believe he mentioned that Rex couldn't make it in due to the project plan having already been decided. I know there's been a lot of debate on what Sakurai was specifically referring to, and well... I'm pretty sure the plan being referred to by Sakurai was the one back in December 2015 after the last Smash Bros Direct. The main reason why I'm saying this in particular is because this means that none of the 5 characters have been decided at this point as they haven't even been started on and that Rex's Mii Costume was meant to be a consolation prize for him not being part of the 2015 project plan. To me, this means that we need to get Isaac out there now more then ever if we want Isaac to have one of those 5 DLC slots and give him the honor of being the first character to be in after being an Assist Trophy in the same game. Hence, this is why November 11th is going to be a very important day for many as we need to use the time between now and the actual day itself to really get Isaac out there and also tweet up highly important figures in the game industry or those related to Nintendo (the Takahashi brothers, Bill Trinen, maybe even Sakurai himself to name a few industry examples, but YouTubers and other well known figures that love Golden Sun as much as we do would also really help out) as that might be our best shot. However, we really need to make that day count if we want to have a chance.

I haven't given up on Isaac even after all this, and I don't think you guys should either. Let's try and make this fan rule a thing of the past and finally get Isaac and Golden Sun by extension back into the spotlight.

One last thing to note, I will be relatively busy throughout the week due to finals related work, so I may be inactive for the next few days. However, I encourage you guys to do everything you can to get November 11th pointed out and generally just letting people know about Isaac and the Golden Sun series itself. Press on, fellow Adepts!

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
On a side note I got a fun question guys. If you could choose one girl from Golden Sun as a waifu, who would you choose and why? Mine is mia cause I love her character.
When I was younger I used to have a crush on Karis, so I guess I'll go with her
(Also because I think dorky girls are cute :p).

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Here's hoping that Nov. 11th will be extraordinary for Golden Sun! I'm still deciding on what to do on that day for it.

Btw, I finally made a Discord. Have no idea what I'm doing, but I believe I joined the main Isaac Discord. Now what? lol

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Just dropping in as this forum is fast approaching its millionth view.

Edit: I HATE when my phone always assumes "it's" when I clearly mean "its".

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Hey guys: after re-watching the part where Sakurai discusses Rex's Mii Fighter Costume, I believe he mentioned that Rex couldn't make it in due to the project plan having already been decided. I know there's been a lot of debate on what Sakurai was specifically referring to, and well... I'm pretty sure the plan being referred to by Sakurai was the one back in December 2015 after the last Smash Bros Direct. The main reason why I'm saying this in particular is because this means that none of the 5 characters have been decided at this point as they haven't even been started on and that Rex's Mii Costume was meant to be a consolation prize for him not being part of the 2015 project plan. To me, this means that we need to get Isaac out there now more then ever if we want Isaac to have one of those 5 DLC slots and give him the honor of being the first character to be in after being an Assist Trophy in the same game. Hence, this is why November 11th is going to be a very important day for many as we need to use the time between now and the actual day itself to really get Isaac out there and also tweet up highly important figures in the game industry or those related to Nintendo (the Takahashi brothers, Bill Trinen, maybe even Sakurai himself to name a few industry examples, but YouTubers and other well known figures that love Golden Sun as much as we do would also really help out) as that might be our best shot. However, we really need to make that day count if we want to have a chance.

I haven't given up on Isaac even after all this, and I don't think you guys should either. Let's try and make this fan rule a thing of the past and finally get Isaac and Golden Sun by extension back into the spotlight.

One last thing to note, I will be relatively busy throughout the week due to finals related work, so I may be inactive for the next few days. However, I encourage you guys to do everything you can to get November 11th pointed out and generally just letting people know about Isaac and the Golden Sun series itself. Press on, fellow Adepts!
Can I hear why you think they don't have anyone decided? Not attacking; just generally curious.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Haven't posted here since before the Direct, but I just want to hop in and say that I don't think we should give up yet! If there's another Ballot, or another opportunity to make our voices heard, let's jump at it! Assist Trophies may have never been upgraded as DLC before... but we've only ever had one Smash game with DLC before now. So it doesn't seem impossible to me! They could always pop Matthew into Isaac's AT spot or something.

Ridley got in after Sakurai specifically mentioned he thought that wouldn't work, after all, so there's a first time for everything! If fans continue to make it clear that they want Isaac, there's no reason Isaac can't be upgraded to playable. :)

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Haven't posted here since before the Direct, but I just want to hop in and say that I don't think we should give up yet! If there's another Ballot, or another opportunity to make our voices heard, let's jump at it! Assist Trophies may have never been upgraded as DLC before... but we've only ever had one Smash game with DLC before now. So it doesn't seem impossible to me! They could always pop Matthew into Isaac's AT spot or something.

Ridley got in after Sakurai specifically mentioned he thought that wouldn't work, after all, so there's a first time for everything! If fans continue to make it clear that they want Isaac, there's no reason Isaac can't be upgraded to playable. :)
yeah! we gotta make Nov 11th count everyone! not just for smash but for Golden Sun itself too!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm posting as a reminder for everyone to post on #GoldenSunday!

Also, I'll keep supporting #IsaacForSmash till the very end, be it DLC for Ultimate or the next Smash! And the revitalization of Golden Sun as well! Our goal is to make both happen, no matter the order they happen in!

#IsaacForSmashDLC #GoldenSun

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

My DLC roster of dreams.

Rex, Isaac, Sora, Lloyd, and Geno

D

Deleted member

Hey guys: I just saw a Reddit topic that confirms Chrom will appear in Robin's Final Smash regardless of if Chrom is on the battlefield or not. While I do admit that is kind of lazy, it might at least be a sign of hope that Isaac being a playable character and an Assist Trophy isn't as farfetched as it might seem.
It is a very interesting observation. While I admit I have become pessimistic about Isaac being playable now, I will at least still support the idea of ATs being promoted since it could save the crew a lot on getting copyrights and what have you. Until Sakurai comes out in a Famitsu or CoroCoro interview saying that he will not promote ATs for the DLC Character Pack, I think we should get the whole Smash Bros. community to build up this campaign.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Been a while since I was here. Have to say...I’m just happy he is IN the game this time. That was my biggest grievance in Sm4sh (well, that and the Dark Dawn map theme being the only added track of all songs). As he is, he looks great. I was under the impression after the August that even if they added no more characters I would be satisfied. That hasn’t changed. At this point, I’m hoping for more GS remixes. That would really put icing on the cake.
I'm glad you're happy. But this is not the end.

An AT is not reflective enough of a franchise's status, and this posed more questions than answers.

I respect your opinion, and i think the AT is fine. But support of the franchise is always better than letting things stay the same. At least, that's how i see it.

We need as much support as possible, so i'm hoping people can still find it in their hearts to push for more GS content. Whether in games, or in smash.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Man, imagine if Sakurai weaseled his way into putting in a surprise secret fighter because of the specific wording of revealing every fighter’s “design” before release. That would blow people’s minds.

Im going crazy

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Got a dude badgering me on twitter for asking Sakurai for Isaac. Saying i'm ungrateful and stuff. I'm getting sick of these people.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Man, imagine if Sakurai weaseled his way into putting in a surprise secret fighter because of the specific wording of revealing every fighter’s “design” before release. That would blow people’s minds.

Im going crazy
I have been thinking on this too ugh. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense? People thinking some characters are disconfirmed but are really just hinted?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Im going crazy
Stranger things have happened.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I have been thinking on this too ugh. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense? People thinking some characters are disconfirmed but are really just hinted?
God imagine if the World of Light light beam attack really is Cruel Ruin and you unlock Isaac as playable for beating the mode?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Got a dude badgering me on twitter for asking Sakurai for Isaac. Saying i'm ungrateful and stuff. I'm getting sick of these people.
Ignore them. They just want to stir up trouble. We know what we're doing. We are grateful for this game (I know I am), but we want to know if there is a possibility that ATs can be upgraded. It would do a great service for many fans a like. As Sakurai said about DLC, why close the door on more potential fighters? It could also mean, ATs. But we won't know unless we try. Nothing to lose and everything to gain doing this.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Im going crazy
I'll put it as a possibility for right now.

However, we should focus on supporting Isaac no matter what he is.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People who say that don't understand that they would be the exact same way if their favorite character didn't get in. It's not a matter of being ungrateful. It's a matter of being faithful.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
People who say that don't understand that they would be the exact same way if their favorite character didn't get in. It's not a matter of being ungrateful. It's a matter of being faithful.
hear hear! stuck to your guns! don't give those idiots the time of day!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
THIS. This is the faith we must maintain.

We can't let negativity get us don. Positivity > Negativity.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
https://twitter.com/Is_JoJo_Bitch/status/1059311540883652608

I'm debating blocking cause this dude with the spiderman pic won't leave me alone. He's literally trying every possible thing that can be said to try and turn me around. And every point I present agaisnt him get's ignored. I can't tell if he's trolling or trying to be legit. Either way this is supremely annoying.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Im going crazy
Ah, insanity.

Friend to the bored. XD
One could say it's a Quality vs Quantity thing (not saying the revealed newcomers aren't of a high quality).

It doesn't matter how many characters are given to you if it's not the one you want.

You can use Lyn as an example, Lyn is the Fire Emblem character the majority of western Fire Emblem fans want, and it doesn't matter how many FE reps we get, none of them are Lyn, so they'll keep asking for Lyn.

SPEN18

Smash Champion

Im going crazy
I was thinking this too earlier. But who could it possibly be? Almost every fanbase's dreams are on life support right now with the mass disconfirmations. I imagine it would have to be somebody that hasn't shown up in any footage yet.

I'll say it likely would not be someone like Dixie or Bandana Dee, even though I don't think they've been spotted yet. As popular those characters are, they just don't fit the bill for a "secret" character.

You can use Lyn as an example, Lyn is the Fire Emblem character the majority of western Fire Emblem fans want, and it doesn't matter how many FE reps we get, none of them are Lyn, so they'll keep asking for Lyn.
I will say that I am one of those people that will keep asking for Lyn. I was hoping she could "replace" Corrin or Roy ... but "Everyone is Here" screwed that over.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was thinking this too earlier. But who could it possibly be? Almost every fanbase's dreams are on life support right now with the mass disconfirmations. I imagine it would have to be somebody that hasn't shown up in any footage yet.

I'll say it likely would not be someone like Dixie or Bandana Dee, even though I don't think they've been spotted yet. As popular those characters are, they just don't fit the bill for a "secret" character.
What Silo777 Silo777 means is that, if certain Assist Trophies (e.g. Isaac, Shadow, Zero and the like) or Final Smash characters (e.g. Kumatora, Bass, Fiora) are playable fighters, then technically Sakurai would have shown us their design before the release of the game.

It's obviously straw-grasping, but it's fun Exact Words stuff. XD

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I doubt there are any hidden surprise characters.

For one thing if there were the leakers would probably be talking about it.

Do we know if the insiders knew anything about Piranha Plant and just didn't say anything about it?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
https://twitter.com/Is_JoJo_Bitch/status/1059311540883652608

I'm debating blocking cause this dude with the spiderman pic won't leave me alone. He's literally trying every possible thing that can be said to try and turn me around. And every point I present agaisnt him get's ignored. I can't tell if he's trolling or trying to be legit. Either way this is supremely annoying.
Sounds like a troll to me.

Be prepared for stuff like this. Now that Ridley and K. Rool are gone, trolls are more likely going to find the next biggest thing now.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
What Silo777 Silo777 Silo777 Silo777 means is that, if certain Assist Trophies (e.g. Isaac, Shadow, Zero and the like) or Final Smash characters (e.g. Kumatora, Bass, Fiora) are playable fighters, then technically Sakurai would have shown us their design before the release of the game.

It's obviously straw-grasping, but it's fun Exact Words stuff. XD
Got it. Sorry for misinterpreting.

But I still think there is a tiny (<1%) chance we get a surprise in the base roster. Maybe it's me just wanting to have some secret fighters again lol. If there is, though, I'd fully expect it to be someone not yet seen.

Do we know if the insiders knew anything about Piranha Plant and just didn't say anything about it?
I don't have the link, but I think Verge claimed to have known about Piranha Plant but he didn't wanna say anything (given the tense atmosphere surrounding Grinch leak and such). But if he didn't wanna get everyone riled up, he wouldn't have claimed that Isaac was an AT (with a mic drop to boot), so idk.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Got it. Sorry for misinterpreting.

But I still think there is a tiny (<1%) chance we get a surprise in the base roster. Maybe it's me just wanting to have some secret fighters again lol. If there is, though, I'd fully expect it to be someone not yet seen.

I don't have the link, but I think Verge claimed to have known about Piranha Plant but he didn't wanna say anything (given the tense atmosphere surrounding Grinch leak and such). But if he didn't wanna get everyone riled up, he wouldn't have claimed that Isaac was an AT, so idk.
Inb4 the secret playable character for Ultimate is Flies and Hand.

Top Bottom