• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

“Your sun is the sun that’ll shine in the heavens, Isaac!”

“Who the hell do you think we are? We’re the Mighty Golden Sun Fanbase!”

“Believe in the us that believes in you!”

Keep the hope alive! Fight the power! We got this guys!

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Hey, stopping by from the Shantae thread to wish you guys luck today. My brother's wanted Isaac forever, and I just started Golden Sun, so I'm kind of feeling the hype for him too now. Of all the Grinch characters, Isaac is the one I want most, and the one I think has the best chance.

Here's hoping that neither of our characters get Assist Trophied today lol.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
The suspense is killing me... 35min. Oh boy, Isaac you were definitely worth the wait

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Ooooh man, my heart is skipping a beat each time I think about it. Could this be it?

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Well It's my turn to thank you all for the good times we spent on this thread together. Thank you for bearing with an old man like me.

May our wishes be granted today :starman:

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Where. I haven't listened to the original in a long time. I actually just shed tears, seriously. Remembering fighting the star magician boss in my bedroom when I was young..

You know, this might sound silly, but, on October 31st, 2001, when I was nine, we we're rushed to the hospital, because my grandpa's cancer was at it's worse. I remember I wore a ninja costume, and I was so excited to show my grandpa.
My cousin Kirstie and I were the same age, and we played Super Mario World together when I'd stay over with her most nights. She had a growth spurt and was a lot taller than me. Eventually they were letting everyone in to see him, but because of how short I was at the time (6" now) the nurse decided it was best for me to stay in the waiting room with my family.
He died that morning, on November 1st, 2001. A couple months later, my mom bought me Golden Sun and my very own Gameboy Advance.
Since that day, since I've been an adult, I've always put my Christmas tree up November 1st.
I was called a sissy in school, because I cried a lot, and I changed schools often.
But Golden Sun, as sad as it may seem, was my friend. Issac was my friend. This group of four I spent countless hours with, falling asleep to the battle theme, falling off the wrong "slide" during a puzzle and having to back track...again. Missing the Djinn that was in the forest village, the one in the fence with no apparent way to collect it.
Since then, my mom herself developed breast cancer and won her fight.
I'm 26 years old now... the fact that this direct is on November 1st is certainly surreal for me.

This is why I have faith. I have actually prayed, to God himself. I start with "God, I know this might sound stupid, but, please let Isaac be in Smash. Please."

I have overcome so much darkness in my life, I know we all have. But that's why the Golden Sun symbolizes so much good in the world. That there's always light at the end of the tunnel. When one door closes, another opens. The sun will rise again.

It's more than a game to me. Isaac is more than just a character. It's my life, my memories...

Keep faith.
Here from the Skull Kid thread to say this post moved me to tears. :)

Salocin

Smash Rookie
Half an hour left....I’m so full of excitement/dread/hope/nervousness!

Last edited:

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
Here from the Skull Kid thread, wishing you guys good luck! Our boys will prevail this time, I know it!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Ready for the Direct, whatever our fate will be. All these months of speculation come down to this... Let's go, Isaac!

Good luck, fellow adepts!

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
Where. I haven't listened to the original in a long time. I actually just shed tears, seriously. Remembering fighting the star magician boss in my bedroom when I was young..

You know, this might sound silly, but, on October 31st, 2001, when I was nine, we we're rushed to the hospital, because my grandpa's cancer was at it's worse. I remember I wore a ninja costume, and I was so excited to show my grandpa.
My cousin Kirstie and I were the same age, and we played Super Mario World together when I'd stay over with her most nights. She had a growth spurt and was a lot taller than me. Eventually they were letting everyone in to see him, but because of how short I was at the time (6" now) the nurse decided it was best for me to stay in the waiting room with my family.
He died that morning, on November 1st, 2001. A couple months later, my mom bought me Golden Sun and my very own Gameboy Advance.
Since that day, since I've been an adult, I've always put my Christmas tree up November 1st.
I was called a sissy in school, because I cried a lot, and I changed schools often.
But Golden Sun, as sad as it may seem, was my friend. Issac was my friend. This group of four I spent countless hours with, falling asleep to the battle theme, falling off the wrong "slide" during a puzzle and having to back track...again. Missing the Djinn that was in the forest village, the one in the fence with no apparent way to collect it.
Since then, my mom herself developed breast cancer and won her fight.
I'm 26 years old now... the fact that this direct is on November 1st is certainly surreal for me.

This is why I have faith. I have actually prayed, to God himself. I start with "God, I know this might sound stupid, but, please let Isaac be in Smash. Please."

I have overcome so much darkness in my life, I know we all have. But that's why the Golden Sun symbolizes so much good in the world. That there's always light at the end of the tunnel. When one door closes, another opens. The sun will rise again.

It's more than a game to me. Isaac is more than just a character. It's my life, my memories...

Keep faith.
Oh my goodness, this story is so heart-warming, thank you for sharing it.

Yggdra

Smash Rookie
Oh my god. This is it, the final destination, my anxiety and hype are rising, and... I wont't be able to see the stream of the direct, as i'm on my university right now. I gonna have to do some kind of black magic to avoid any kind of spoilers until i return to my home. So if Isaac is confirmed, i might drop by to celebrate really late.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey guys, last message in here before the Direct from me! Best of luck to us, hope things go well!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I've been ready for this since page 47! :laugh:
Haven't posted in here in ages, but seeing Isaac in Smash is still sort of a dream of mine. Just imagining GS music and a stage in Smash is amazing.

Anywho, still supporting! Isaac's AT is nowhere to be seen, right? :laugh:
Man, to think how far we've come since then. There was barely any hope for us at that point, and look where we are now. Embarrass

Last edited:
Top Bottom