• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
If Isaac has Judgement, Felix should have Megiddo so both summons and weapon unleashes are represented.
I would say that Felix should get Cataclysm, which would fit because Isaac saw Felix as more of a villain until they met up in Anemos.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Voted for Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, Spring Man and Doomguy in those polls. Looking very close between Isaac and Bandanna Dee, but I'm hoping we'll pull through.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The posts are definitely in a weird situation right now. But yeah, at least three posts are still MIA.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Voted:
•Banjo (Even though I'm tied between him and Lloyd)
•Isaac (Although I would like to see BWD in Smash. Just after Isaac.)
•Amaterasu (Never played ARMS)
•Doomguy (Love DOOM since I was a kid back in the 90s and the new one was just absolutely amazing! Can't wait for Eternal!)

Honestly, I will be surprised if Isaac wins. Too bad if he did, he will get crushed by Banjo. :/

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Voted:
•Banjo (Even though I'm tied between him and Lloyd)
•Isaac (Although I would like to see BWD in Smash. Just after Isaac.)
•Amaterasu (Never played ARMS)
•Doomguy (Love DOOM since I was a kid back in the 90s and the new one was just absolutely amazing! Can't wait for Eternal!)

Honestly, I will be surprised if Isaac wins. Too bad if he did, he will get crushed by Banjo. :/
He will go to loser bracket, right?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Voted B&K, Isaac, Spring Man and Elma personally. First two were easy choices, latter two I'm not really fans of but I don't feel Ammy or Doomguy are important enough third party characters for Nintendo to supplant actual Nintendo characters, never mind that Doomguy feels like a terrible fit for Smash considering the series he comes from is even more M-rated than Bayonetta or MGS.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isaac saw Felix as more of a villain until they met up in Anemos.
You mean Contigo.

Anemos is the place Contigo is built on (and also a floating island or something that Sheba fell from).
---
Anyway, Pwnapplez Pwnapplez what are those sprites in your signature?

proxian

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i'll agree that the (unfortately) deceased artist could've had him using his psynergy more. Shame as it would help us with his public image.
The Golden Sun artist who passed away earlier this year is Hiroshi Kajiyama, responsible for many of the monster designs for the series. The character designer is Shin Yamanouchi.

It's still a very heartfelt loss for the series. Let's try to keep from spreading misinformation.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Voted B&K, Isaac, Spring Man and Elma personally. First two were easy choices, latter two I'm not really fans of but I don't feel Ammy or Doomguy are important enough third party characters for Nintendo to supplant actual Nintendo characters, never mind that Doomguy feels like a terrible fit for Smash considering the series he comes from is even more M-rated than Bayonetta or MGS.
Yea, part of me wanted to vote for Doomguy just because Doom is an important part of gaming history, but I have to agree that he wouldn't feel right in Smash. He'd have to be super watered down and therefore wouldn't even seem like the same character.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I'm listening to Push it to the Limit and Crocodile Rock right now in an effort to get Isaac into smash.

Ridley's "song" and Rool's "song" must have some effect on the other popular characters' chances, right?

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Something I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that the bandana see Isaac vote has the most total votes put of all 4 of them

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Isaac's getting kebab'd by Dee isn't he? I feel like GameXplain's video on him just steeled his fans lol. Why hasn't GameXplain made another one of those?

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Isaac's getting kebab'd by Dee isn't he? I feel like GameXplain's video on him just steeled his fans lol. Why hasn't GameXplain made another one of those?
He is the kebaber, not the kebabee right now.

We do need to push to get some votes to seal the deal though; if you know the European Golden Sun sites, dropping a poll there might help. Other than that don't forget to vote, you all, we need every single one.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Something I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that the bandana see Isaac vote has the most total votes put of all 4 of them
Well yeah, it’s two of the most wanted characters. Except for Banjo (and Spring Man for DLC I guess), none of the others compare to the hype levels.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I am curious...what is this poll for anyway? Is it just another fan thing being made?
Just a way to test potential Smash Character's popularity with against others. It is a good way to show how the modern supporters stack up against other supporters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Spent a bit of time making a moveset for Isaac, didn't put too much thought into it, and I hope most of them are self-explanatory. XD
Neutral Attack: Generic Attack String
Tilts
Side: Basic GS Attack​
Up: Punji​
Down: Echo (Djinn)​
Dash Attack: Critical Hit
Smash Attacks
Side: Flint (Djinn)​
Up: Plume Edge​
Down: Thorn​
Aerial
Neutral: Gust (Djinn)​
Forward: Annihilation [Slashes forward, the attack has a sweetspot, but the sweetspot alters knockback rather than damage; either 滅 (Destroy) or 殺 (Kill) flash in the area Isaac attacked, depending on whether or not you hit the sweetspot].​
Back: Ground (Djinn) [sends three spheres of energy backward, they don't do damage or knockback, but do stun]​
Up: Char (Djinn) [sends a blast of fire upwards, this has a chance of stunning enemies]​
Down: Helm Splitter​
Throws
Grab: Catch​
Forward: Move​
Back: Carry​
Up: Lift​
Down: Pound​
Specials
Neutral: Ragnarok [Chargeable, becomes Titan Blade and Odyssey at higher Charge Levels.]​
Side: Quake [Chargeable, becomes Earthquake or Quake Sphere at higher Charge Levels, creates 1 to 3 cubes of Earth, these cubes rise out of the ground if Isaac is standing on firm ground, but work as projectiles if Isaac is in the air or standing on a platform. The cubes remain where they are temporarily if Isaac summons them, they can be broken with attacks, and will eventually disappear on their own, cubes fired as projectiles break when they hit something.]​
Up: Planet Diver [Chargeable, becomes Planetary and Megiddo at higher Charge Levels. Isaac leaps into the air surrounded by fire; with Planet Diver and Planetary, he comes back down as part of the attack, Megiddo fires a projectile downwards after Isaac reaches the apex of the attack instead.]​
Down: Gaia [Chargeable, becomes Mother Gaia and Grand Gaia at higher Charge Levels, temporarily bores a portion of the stage out]​
My one caveat with making the moveset was that Isaac can only use attacks he can use himself (I made a list of Psynergy Isaac can use yesterday), but he can use any of those Psynergy for gameplay purposes.

Top Bottom