• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's possible... but also consider that Yoshi currently has the most stages out of everyone already across the entire smash franchise. Which would lead to my agreement with...

This, basically. If there are any returning stages, I think it would only show up in DLC from here on out. It would certainly be a strange move to show us all of the 103 returning stages... only to show more returning stages, even if it's one of them in the next update you do. These final base game stages will probably be a mixture of whichever newcomers need one plus the recent games they are promoting. Pokemon Sun/Moon being a glaring omission so far with stages is prime territory.

That being said, I still don't think Minecraft will be a stage considering the music information we already have. I think most people get the vibe that it would have an AT instead. Though... I can also see it being one at the same rate considering the franchise is so big.

This is actually more stages than perhaps you're realizing at this stage in the game because there really isn't a lot to draw from for coming up with that total. They are being omitted from our knowledge and I think it's easy to speculate why. A stage reveal at this point is basically tantamount to a character reveal. If you saw some Alolan Pokemon League stage or Ultra Space Stage, it's really not hard to make the logical connection as to what that means. The same is obviously true for Forest Maze, Venus Lighthouse, Spiral Mountain or any number of brand new newcomers. Even the stages that potentially don't come with a newcomer (Minecraft would be a good example here) I think that they would want to specifically give a section inside a direct or post explaining to us how amazing of an achievement it is for the smash franchise. So it's not that it's 5 stages left, so much as it's a very measured 5 stages left.

I give our golden boy a very firm inside track on that front, being one of the very few that could easily offer that without having to stretch out your brain too much while at the same time being teased to hell and back.
Or Mute City Melee could be related to Black Shadow...

Ffs I just want all old F-Zero stages to be represented. If they don't, they obviously give no ****s to F-Zero, and are giving better treatment to Metroid even though Falcon has been a character just as long as samus has.
*salty f-zero fan noises.*

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I saw this, and i'm amazed no one has actually tried to make more fanart or leaks like this

you'd think Isaac or Geno would've gotten one by now
I could try do it myself but I just want it to happen for real instead, lol…

That would be way too soon in my opinion. Even if we do think true the blog /direct theory, I don't think Sakurai, or Nintendo for that Matter, would ever admit it freely because it could potentially go like "yeah we gave you an incomplete direct but said it was the same as it originally was intended, whoops sorry?" so maybe we will get it in October assuming the Smash direct is placed for November
I mean… they announced the final smash special broadcast for smash 4 a month early. I could see some direct announcement happening at TGS this week or next monday perhaps, saying that we will have a smash direct in October (we are gonna be very close to september ending by then as it is). So maybe not a direct now but definitely an announcement could happen if they have something in store for October and they want to say it at an event like TGS, just like they did at EVO… who knows, we'll see, i'm definitely crossing my fingers, the closer we get to the release date, or november… the closer we are from hearing about that smash direct.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I do not, unfortunately. I looked around on the net, but couldn't find it. All I know is it came from a Tumblr somewhere.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Venus Lighthouse tends to come up when discussing a stage to rep for Golden Sun. Does the support thread have a general agreement on how the layout of the Venus Lighthouse should be?
Edit: Stuff like stage hazards, moving platforms, platforms you can fall through, etc.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It's possible... but also consider that Yoshi currently has the most stages out of everyone already across the entire smash franchise. Which would lead to my agreement with...
I'm suggesting that Woolly's stage is getting replaced by a promotional stage for Crafted, not that they both would co-exist.

I could try do it myself but I just want it to happen for real instead, lol…

I mean… they announced the final smash special broadcast for smash 4 a month early. I could see some direct announcement happening at TGS this week or next monday perhaps, saying that we will have a smash direct in October (we are gonna be very close to september ending by then as it is). So maybe not a direct now but definitely an announcement could happen if they have something in store for October and they want to say it at an event like TGS, just like they did at EVO… who knows, we'll see, i'm definitely crossing my fingers, the closer we get to the release date, or november… the closer we are from hearing about that smash direct.
I think the best case scenario in October is a trailer stream like Robin and Lucina or a Pokemon direct if Incineroar is next. We should get our Smash direct fix by early November.

Or Mute City Melee could be related to Black Shadow...

Ffs I just want all old F-Zero stages to be represented. If they don't, they obviously give no ****s to F-Zero, and are giving better treatment to Metroid even though Falcon has been a character just as long Advanced samus has.
*salty f-zero fan noises.*
The Mute City SNES name distinction is still fishy to me. I think the Melee version may come back as one of the earliest waves of DLC.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Venus Lighthouse tends to come up when discussing a stage to rep for Golden Sun. Does the support thread have a general agreement on how the layout of the Venus Lighthouse should be?
It should default to it's normal state, with the elevators off to the side, coming up and down at random like Yoshi's Island. Then occasionally Saturos appears and throws the star in the aerie, breaking the lighthouse as the beacon rises, creating a hazard in the middle for the fighters to deal with.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I just wish we knew more about how the other two text boxes mattered in the ballot. Like it asked for your gender and for a description of why the character you were listing should be in smash and I want to know what impact those had

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The Mute City SNES name distinction is still fishy to me. I think the Melee version may come back as one of the earliest waves of DLC.
I mean, if they just decided to name Mute city [ SNES ] when when there's no other Mute City in the game, they shouldn't have ****ing bothered. A complete waste of time if they didn't even think it would make the base game.

But hey, i'm not wouldn't be upset that Mute City Melee didn't come back, but still brought back ****ty Fourside. Totally wouldn't.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Isaac will prevail over the Dee! Still, if we win, we'll be against Banjo, which will be rough :/

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well to be fair, Sakurai teased Ridley during a POTD and it took several months until Ridley was confimed as a boss during the April Direct.
I don't think it's quite the same. One of the directs talks about the stage hazard bosses and we see Ridley's shadow with the text, 'other bosses will appear' while of course some analyzed the shadow to hope it meant maybe he was playable, there was still the looming possibility Ridley would just be another stage boss. I feel like the teases in hindsight was just for the stage hazard since that was a new thing in 4 with it's stages since we learn Sakurai's thoughts of Ridley after and he never intended for him to be playable in 4.

“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer,” Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. “It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence,” Sakurai explained. “There are other icons, too, like Metal Face and the Yellow Devil, which help effectively portray each of their world settings. They go a long way toward deepening the game world, and I think it’s been fun to experiment with.”

I consider the Rathalos tease more on par with the tweet of Shulk's Monado which eventually led to Shulk being in the game. Unlike stage hazards that was a new concept for Sakurai to include other bosses on stages (and grouped Ridley with them). There's no sense in teasing the return of an old assist who's far outclassed by new ones like Alucard, and it once again goes back to why drag out Isaac's deconfirmation when other popular assists have been shown off or make a tease to a character not in the game.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
ALERT THE RINGERS WE ARE GETTING CAUGHT UP!! ISAAC FANS UNITE!!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Seems like the Woolly World stage is being replaced if Crafted World is getting acknowledged, which would further corroborate 108 stages. Would not at all be surprised if at least one of the five stages were for promoting a recent/upcoming game.
I think it's worth considering though that an alt costume is a far quicker thing to implement than a new stage. It's possible that Crafted World was too late to get a stage but there was enough time to give it a nod.

I don't think this alt really says anything other than they're referencing crafted world with an alt.

Personally I'd be more likely to think this could make Crafted World a major candidate for a dlc stage.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure crafted world will replace wooly world. They really need to promote that game. Considering how week the advertising has felt for it so far, that might suggest they're relying on smash to advertise it.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I think it's worth considering though that an alt costume is a far quicker thing to implement than a new stage. It's possible that Crafted World was too late to get a stage but there was enough time to give it a nod.

I don't this alt really says anything other than they're referencing crafted world with an alt.

Personally I'd be more likely to think this could make Crafted World a major candidate for a dlc stage.
Also possible. I don't know why wooly world would have been removed if that were the case though.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
One of the things that bothers me about this stage select screen is that there is a tab at the top that says normal just sitting there by itself. This could imply that there may be more tabs of additional stages, custom stages, and DLC stages. The latter of the two being very likely since we had DLC and Custom stages in past smashes, but who's to stop them from implementing another tab. I see room for at least 3 more tabs up there. CoroCoro said 108, but I hold out hope they've got something else planned. It seems like they have room to add quite a bit more that just 5 stages. DLC is almost a given, but maybe there will be more returning stages. The other thing to recognize is that this menu is still subject to change they showed us what they wanted us to see in those trailers. We really don't know what changes they might make before release.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
One of the things that bothers me about this stage select screen is that there is a tab at the top that says normal just sitting there by itself. This could imply that there may be more tabs of additional stages, custom stages, and DLC stages. The latter of the two being very likely since we had DLC and Custom stages in past smashes, but who's to stop them from implementing another tab. I see room for at least 3 more tabs up there. CoroCoro said 108, but I hold out hope they've got something else planned. It seems like they have room to add quite a bit more that just 5 stages. DLC is almost a given, but maybe there will be more returning stages. The other thing to recognize is that this menu is still subject to change they showed us what they wanted us to see in those trailers. We really don't know what changes they might make before release.
Doesn't the "Normal" change when you're selecting omega and FD stage forms?

I assumed that's what it meant.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The "normal" could just be stating the type of Smash battle being played. Like 8 player smash and the like.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Man, with Rex & Pyra, Elma, Sora, and Isaac inching closer together I have no idea what I'm going to do (Monster Hunter hurt me yesterday)... I think my order is Sora > Rex & Pyra > Isaac > Elma, but gosh darn it...

Wowzers, it's so close:

View attachment 165195
The only reason I'd ever vote for Rex & Pyra is for the chance that Rex would have 'Catalyst' as one of his Blades in Smash. Pyra and Mythra are just bland as all hell.

Code name used to avoid spoilers.

Top Bottom