• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
That's enough that I think if Nintendo ever goes for another game or remakes, they would at the least consider a Golden Sun rep in Smash. Particularly if they leave the window for DLC open ended this time around and intend to use it for marketing pushes.
I think it hinges on whether or not Camelot is making something new regarding Golden Sun. If they are, Nintendo would be stupid to not push Isaac in Smash to promote the new game. If they aren't, however, we have to rely on pure fan demand, and that's not a guaranteed deal. I think we'll be good, but our chances are much, much better if a new Golden Sun is in the works.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I know nobody asked for it, but I got bored and decided to make a list. It turned out to be a lot of fun lol.

Anyway, in a perfect world where everybody gets in and no player is left disappointed, these are the ten fighters I'd love to see first.

(In no particular order in relation to each other lol)

1. Geno - Super Mario RPG - Square
2. Dig Dug - Bandai Namco
3. Anesha - Cross Edge - Idea Factory
4. Spyro - Activision
5. Terra - Final Fantasy VI - Square
6. Kite - .hack - Bandai Namco
7. Sheva, Sherry or Jill - Resident Evil - Capcom
8. Aero - Aero the Acrobat - Sunsoft
9. Shantae - Wayforward
10. Isaac - Golden Sun - Nintendo

images.jpeg
geno_ultimate_render_by_nibroc_rock_dcydivn-pre.png
Character-portrait_(16).png

download.jpeg

cross_edge_conceptart_zmj5Z.jpg

the-legend-of-spyro-dawn-of-the-dragon-02.jpg

image.jpeg

Kite_Dot_Hack_Render.png
dot-Hack-Versus-Kite-BlackRose.jpg

929198_20080820_screen010.jpg
Sherry6a.jpg
REDSJill.png

220px-Sega_Genesis_Aero_the_Acro-Bat_cover_art.jpg

df4.gif

Nibroc-Rock_Isaac_(Golden_Sun)-Smash_U.png

So whatcha think? Lol
Anybody out there know all these characters?
Wouldn't they look beautiful in Smash?
I sure think so :)

Of course, there would still be countless others I'd love after these, but I wanted the list to be manageable. Plus, you know, "10 slots" and all lol :)

Also, who would you want? Forget about any rules or being realistic. Show me your favorites :)*Must include Isaac* XD

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Why not, it might be fun to see what's everyone's top 10 is. Mine would be:

1. Riesz - Trials of Mana - Square Enix
2. Isaac - Golden Sun - Nintendo
3. Dr Eggman - Sonic the Hedhehog - Sega
4. Amaterasu - Okami - Capcom
5. Dante - Devil May Cry - Capcom (DMC2 & DMC3 alts, like Bayo or Cloud)
6. Chocobo or Moogle Knight - Final Fantasy - Square Enix
7. Sänger Zonvolt - Super Robot Wars - Banpresto (Bandai Namco)
8. Lloyd Irving - Tales of Symphonia - Bandai Namco
9. Kiryu Kazuma - Yakuza - Sega
10. Shantae - Wayforward

Mostly in order of preference... mostly. It's hard to truly judge, so much good stuff to still bring in Smash dammit.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Why not, it might be fun to see what's everyone's top 10 is. Mine would be:

1. Riesz - Trials of Mana - Square Enix
2. Isaac - Golden Sun - Nintendo
3. Dr Eggman - Sonic the Hedhehog - Sega
4. Amaterasu - Okami - Capcom
5. Dante - Devil May Cry - Capcom (DMC2 & DMC3 alts, like Bayo or Cloud)
6. Chocobo or Moogle Knight - Final Fantasy - Square Enix
7. Sänger Zonvolt - Super Robot Wars - Banpresto (Bandai Namco)
8. Lloyd Irving - Tales of Symphonia - Bandai Namco
9. Kiryu Kazuma - Yakuza - Sega
10. Shantae - Wayforward

Mostly in order of preference... mostly. It's hard to truly judge, so much good stuff to still bring in Smash dammit.
Very nice choices! Wasn't familiar with Riesz until just now and I gotta say I love her design. Bringing a trident to Smash would be quite interesting.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
My top 10:

1. Isaac-Golden Sun-Nintendo
2. Wonder Red-The Wonderful 101- Nintendo+Platinum Games
3. Geno- SMRPG-Square Enix
4. Sora-Kingdom Hearts-Square Enix+Disney
5. Andy-Advance Wars-Nintendo
6. Lloyd-Tales-Bandai Namco
7. Professor Layton-Professor Layton-Level 5
8. Chorus Kids-Rythem Heaven-Nintendo
9. Shovel Knight-Shovel Knight-Yacht Club
10. Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot-Activision

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
My top 10:

Again, some really nice picks here!
Question: Do you see Andy on foot most of the time and then using tanks/aircraft for his FS? Or would he operate more like a Bowser Jr., in a vehicle the whole time?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My top 10:

I have to say that this is amazing taste in characters

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Oooh! We’re doing a top 10? Why not?

1) Isaac - Golden Sun
He’s literally the only one I truly want. Everyone else after is a bonus whether in my list or not. What more can I say about Isaac than what I’ve said many times before? Felix as Isaac’s Echo Fighter would be awesome too!

2) Doom Slayer/Guy - DOOM
I always considered him to be a “Never Ever” choice, but with all the hype around him and there being a potential inclusion, I would be equally excited for him as I would be for Isaac. I have a ton of history with Doom and has been one of my favorite IPs. Seeing this legend get in would be incredible.

3) Juno/Vela - Jet Force Gemini
Another “Never Ever” choice before Banjo was revealed since they are owned by RARE/Microsoft. I have dreamed of seeing representation of my #1 favorite game ever in Smash and now that Banjo is in, it is finally in the realm of possibility. Sadly, there is almost zero demand for them so I would be so happy if they were Mii Costumes.

4) Sora - Kingdom Hearts
Been a fan of the series since the first one and would be great to see this keyblade wielder in Smash!

5) Shadow - Sonic The Hedgehog
Big fan of Sonic (as my user name suggests) and especially Shadow. Would love to see him get in!

After that, it’s really a big mixed bag for me. There are so many great characters that could be added to Smash it’s hard to pick. Geno, Waluigi, Crash, Rex, Takamaru, Skull Kid, BandanaDee, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Black Shadow, Agumon, etc. I hope they all get their chance, especially Isaac!

Here’s a Fighter’s Pass that was made for me of my top 5:
https://twitter.com/SonicLink125/status/1175489341834948608

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Woot!! My Top 10 would be as follows...

1) Isaac - Golden Sun - Because it's Isaac. Because it's Golden Sun. I'd also take Felix or Matthew, but it should be Isaac.
2) Waluigi - Mario Sports - I still think the best implementation for him would revolve around his entries in the various Mario sports games. In fact, I would take him as a partial echo for Wii Fit Trainer just for the lulz.
3) Shantae - I've been sold on her as an old-school, 3rd party Nintendo rep for awhile. It brings another female fighter and a potentially cool set of moves.
4) Dante - Devil May Cry
5) Link to the Past Ganon, aka Pig Ganon
6) Dixie Kong
7) Spyro - Give him his skateboard or we riot.
8) Viewtiful Joe
9) Phoenix Wright
10) Crono - Chrono Trigger

Honorable mentions, in no particular order: Shadow as at least an echo for Sonic, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, M. Bison from Street Fighter, Terra from FF6, Professor Layton, Andy from Advance Wars, a Mortal Kombat character (I'd prefer Liu Kang or Raiden over Sub-zero and Scorpion), Geno, and Lloyd Irving.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Top Ten Guys and Gals:

1. Isaac

The golden boy. You know why he's here if you're here. I honestly have him and Geno about even, but I feel that Isaac needs support more in order to get over the hump than Geno does.

2. Geno

I want it. Sakurai wants it. Lotta people want it. Let's just do it. He's so cool, and I loved Super Mario RPG. I don't care that he's not the main character, and I don't care that he's obscure and irrelevant, Geno being in Smash Ultimate would make the game that much more Ultimate. Ultimater.

3. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Tales is quite conspicuous by its absence, and Symphonia has the Nintendo pedigree. And it's a historically significant game, bringing the series to greater prominence in the west. Yuri would also be acceptable, but I really prefer Lloyd.

4. Phoenix Wright

You can't look at Masahiro Sakurai and the Smash design team in general and tell me that they wouldn't have an absolute blast making him. And he was a Nintendo exclusive for a while. We've got a ton of Capcom properties already, and I think that DMC and Resident Evil probably have bigger chops than Ace Attorney. But this guy would be so the Sakurai pick.

5. Shantae

She's cute as hell, would be super unique, and I need some nice hair physics for #6. I thought myself that if there was an Indie rep, it would definitely be Shovel Knight if it was anyone (Steve might have been more likely if you counted him, but I dunno if I would at this point) but Shantae has gained a huge amount of traction recently. When you look at the Smashboards threads, the big ones are this one, Geno's and Shantae's. And she's really got some decent history to her, she's been around a while. I'm not super hopeful, but I'd really love to see her.

6. Dixie Kong

I feel like we're overdue on her. Echo, semi-clone, whatever, she belongs in Smash in some capacity. I feel like she's one of the few remaining Nintendo all-star kinds of characters that aren't in, and was in some very historically significant games. And I would extremely enjoy her bringing in some DKC3 music, as there are still no tracks from that game in Smash far as I can see.

7. Paper Mario

The potential here is so great that it baffles me that this has never happened. Nintendo honestly seems to have a general distaste for this series, and it's grossly underrepresented in Smash. I'd love to see him because of immense potential as well as the suite of content he could bring over, but I honestly feel like his chances are basically nil at this point.

8. Quote/Curly (Cave Story)

If it were not Shovel Knight, Quote was the other character I could see being an indie pick. Nintendo had a real love affair with Cave Story going on for a while there, and whether it would be one with an echo of the other, or both as a tandem character, or whatever. I'd hate to have to pick between Cave Story and Shantae, so gimme both. Even though I consider an indie character basically impossible as long as Shovel Knight is relegated to AT status, gimme both anyway.

9. Something, anything from Rhythm Heaven

Between Gematsu and the Grinch, I feel like Rhythm Heaven fans have been jerked around long enough. I've literally never touched the series and have almost no idea how a character would be conceived of in Smash, but give the poor folks a break man. Rhythm games at least conceptually sound like a unique fit for Smash as well, so let's go for it and see what we can get.

10. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

He really means nothing to me, but I feel like he'd mean a lot to a lot of people. So if we're gonna do Geno for me and even two indie characters for me, let's do Sora for all the Sora people. He really has the feel of someone who would end up in Smash if not for difficult legal shenanigans.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Eh, why not? I'd like to get in on this...

1. Isaac
2. Some retro/obscure/WTF rep (Personally, I'd like to see Lark from Pilotwings, but I hope we'd get more than one retro/obscure/WTF character overall)
3. Geno and/or Waluigi
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Andy (Wars)
6. Dixie Kong
7. Saki Amamiya
8. SOMEONE from Rhythm Heaven (preferably Rhythm Girl, but I'm not picky)
9. Ray (Custom Robo)
10. Shantae and/or Crash Bandicoot

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I guess I'll jump in here.

1. Isaac - Golden Sun - Nintendo
Easy. Golden Sun is in my Top 5 games all-time, and I'm sure a remake would bump it up to number 1 (Dragon Quest XI is #1 right now, by the way). Isaac brings so much to Smash that other characters just don't have, and comes with an amazing community as well. Honestly, I think he's the most likely character to get in now, as well.

2. Paper Mario - Paper Mario - Nintendo
Another classic RPG franchise, I think Paper Mario would represent Mario's RPG adventures better than any other character. He'd bring unique moves, like jumping, using his hammer, and his classic partners and new gimmicks like Things to do battle! Also, Paper Mario has a soft spot in my heart as basically the first RPG outside of Pokémon I tried.

3. Phoenix Wright - Phoenix Wright - Capcom
An awesome character with deep Nintendo ties, Phoenix Wright is a chance to do something completely new with Smash. No other character could fight like Phoenix would, and he brings excellent music and characters to the Smashiverse.

4. Bandana Dee - Kirby - Nintendo
He completes the four main characters of Kirby, and is just adorable (see Super Smash Flash 2's taunt for him. It's beautiful). He'd be the only spear fighter in Smash, and could bring something new in.

5. Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight - Yacht Club Games
I. Love. Shovel Knight. That game is fantastic, and Shovel Knight could be Smash's only shovel-wielding fighter. I maintain that he's the most likely Indie rep, along with Shantae.

6. Waluigi - Super Mario - Nintendo
Come on. He deserves it more than just about any other character (comparable to only Isaac, imo). Here's to hoping the Camelot Bros. join forces in Smash Ultimate!

7. Ray - Custom Robo - Nintendo
Ever since I watched Friends Without Benefits play this game, I was hooked. He seems like he'd be an interesting fighter, since he'd be small like Pikachu, but shooty like Samus. I just want "dead" Nintendo franchises to be revived.

8. Andy (or any other Wars rep) - (Advance) Wars - Nintendo
See Ray above. I just want more Nintendo series to enjoy, and Wars is a big want of mine.

Honestly, that's all I've got for right now. Everyone else I'm just indifferent too or against. Keep in mind, however, my want for numbers 2-8 combined doesn't match my want for Isaac by a long shot.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Top 10 eh?
1. Isaac
No surprise there but he is the last "I'd never ask Sakurai for anything ever again character for me now that the character who shared my number one spot with Isaac since I started Smash got in (Banjo)
2. Sora
While KH3 was incredibly underwhelming KH2 is still my favorite game ever made so yeah having Sora join the cast would be hype for me. While most people seem to think licensing is Sora's biggest detriment I believe he's just not a character Sakurai will look into adding so sadly don't have much hope but I'm more than willing for Nintendo and Sakurai to prove me wrong.
3. Paper Mario
The best Mario RPG series. Even with Sticker Star being absolute garbage and Color Splash not being bad but still not anywhere near the greatness of the first 3, both SMRPG and the M&L series just don't grip me anywhere near as much as Paper Mario. I want him here in Smash and a new game that finally stops trying to reinvent the series and just produces another great sequel.
4. Bandana Dee
This little guy is the last member of the Kirby crew and should be here. He's only doing more as the Kirby series goes on so give the little guy some apple juice and his time in the spotlight
5.Takamaru
I like the niche side of Nintendo. I like his game. I like his history with Nintendo. I want him playable.
6. Mike Jones
Star Tropics is amazing, and Mike being dead is a crime.
7. Vaati
I really like Minish Cap and 4 Swords Adventures. He's also really the only other semi-important reoccurring character. He's not super necessary as despite popular opinion the Zelda is repped perfectly character-wise (though some alterations do need to be made like Falcondorf not being a thing anymore) but I'd still like him
8. Yuri or Luke
I love the Tales series and while we all know that Llyod is the defacto Tales character for who will get into Smash, I'd still prefer Luke or Yuri as their games mean so much more to me
9.Kilik
I love Soul Caliber a lot but much like Llyod, my preferred choice isn't who would obviously make it. That honor goes to Nightmare but still, Kilik was my main guy since I got into gaming. I played him more than Link in SCII, so that should tell you how much I like the guy. While I don't expect to ever join the roster I would love to see Link and Kilik in the same game again.
10. Geno
I don't care for him all that much. He's cool and the game he's from is great but as I said earlier I want Paper Mario however he's a fan favorite and I'm always in favor of those joining. While his inclusion wouldn't make me hype, the community pleasing would so make it happen Sakurai.

Honorable mention to Andy, Saki, Ray, Chibi Robo, Min Min, Akira Howard, Wonder Red, and Tethu. I also love these guys and would like to see them playable and they could easily be interchangeable with most on the list from 4 down but it was a top ten and so here we are.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So if there were 10 more characters to complete DLC support on the highest note possible, here would be my own top 10 factoring in mostly fan demand with a sprinkle of personal/selfish wants here and there.

1. Isaac, obviously. The guy is one of the very few early-2000s requests still to get his invitation, and snake-bit franchises like GS has recently been deserve a second chance.

2. Geno. Very indifferent to him personally but I can respect the equally long-standing passion his fans have, so throw him in there too. The moveset he brings would genuinely be cool to use and Square-Nintendo collaborations like his game always bear wonderful fruit.

3. Lloyd Irving. Tales has a similar resume to Persona/SMT as a franchise in both age and popularity. His game's mechanics would be really neat to incorporate into Smash and would defy the "generic anime weeaboo swordsman" stereotype like the Golden Boy would.

4. Waluigi. Look, if the friggin' Washington Post felt the need to write an article about his exclusion, there was enough noise from hearty fans for this underutilized character to get his chance
another day. If he's going to remain the poster child of spin-offs then give him a moveset inspired from Tennis, Golf, Party, Strikers, DDR, etc. He and Geno aren't important enough to "deserve" it under typical roster conventions, but this is certainly not a typical situation.

5. Crash Bandicoot. He's got a notable gaming legacy for being an icon of the PlayStation as it was getting big, and Banjo is a similarly cartoony character who has successfully sent shockwaves across the community once he was included. People love this goofy marsupial
though not his game's publisher and Smash wouldn't feel complete without him.

6. Phoenix Wright. Definitely more biased on this one since I adore Ace Attorney and its frighteningly addicting stories, but he does carry a commendable amount of support in polls that never really tapered off. He would appeal to Nintendo fans only, but as stated by others, his moveset would be so wacky that I believe it would draw in a lot of love from other players regardless.

7. Bandana Dee. Maybe he wouldn't blow anyone's minds, but Kirby is a big IP with a respectably large fandom (especially in Japan) and Dee is the one important name from it that still isn't here. If Fire Emblem isn't going to bring any of its spear users, then somebody has to, right?

8. Sora. We already have a lot of third parties as is, but there's a good reason for that: they're iconic. KH has a very hardcore group of fans and who could blame them? A Final Fantasy-Disney crossover is just so strange to imagine on paper, but it's even more strange (and incredible) to imagine that we have non-video game content like Mickey Mouse make a brief appearance in Smash even if we'll never get one playable.

9. Toad/Captain Toad. There have been a lot of Mario characters on this list already but Toad has to be the biggest snub in Smash's 20+ year history. He's been a part of video games for nearly as long as the medium has existed and the casual kiddies would adore this pick. He deserves to be playable.

10. Master Chief. Yes yes, he's never really been on Nintendo outside of the Minecraft cameo, but it's Master Chief. Though DOOM was the godfather that popularized FPS games, Halo took its popularity to a whole new level. He's one of the choices that people would meme about being an impossible pipe dream when some kids using MS Paint in 2006 would put him on their rosters, but the planet would probably have its rotation altered from how earth-shattering his inclusion would be. This would be the character I end Ultimate on for one last hype bomb to commemorate how grandiose the game is now.

I could go on and on, mentioning characters like Takamaru, Leon, Doom Slayer, etc. but there's still so much potential left for this game that I'm excited to see what they come up with no matter what happens.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Yeah I’ll throw my two cents in, haha:

1) Isaac - Golden Sun
Obviously. Far and away my most wanted. The game needs more GBA reps anyways.
Can I mention I really want a Felix echo fighter?

2) Geno
Honestly, I have no personal attachment to the character, but Geno fans have been wanting him since Brawl like we have, and also I tried a Project M mod that had a Geno moveset in it and needless to say it won me over.

3) Dixie
Because I think she’s one of the last remaining truly recognizable faces of Nintendo that isn’t playable yet.

4) Crash or Spyro (or both)
Crash especially is a recognizable face among many smash fans, and he and Spyro sort of go hand-in-hand in my eyes. Plus I loved both their games as someone who started with PlayStation.

5) Paper Mario
I know it’s yet another Mario rep, and a third Mario, but he could be so much more than a clone or semi-clone. A TTYD moveset would be amazing.

6) Rayman
It’s weird that he’s only a spirit. I have a lot of nostalgia for Rayman in the N64 era and I feel like he’d be a blast to play.

7) Ray MK
I absolutely loved Custom Robo and would be psyched to see them bring it back.

8) Doomslayer or Master Chief
At this point in my list, I’m not a super fan of either character, but both have enough going for them and I think either would be interesting. Doom and Halo are both iconic in their own right, and obviously very different, but both characters are similar enough that I wouldn’t want to see both, I don’t think.

9) Megaman.exe
Yeah I know, weird pick. Again, one of my favourite series and a lot of moveset potential.

10) Maxwell - Scribblenauts
Also a weird pick, and maybe undeserving, but I can promise you he’d be an amazingly creative character if they ever did put him in.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
6. Kite - .hack - Bandai Namco
If only that were "Kite - .hack - Cyberconnect2".

Anyways, my top 10 in any random order

1) Isaac - Golden Sun - Nintendo
Whoever would've guessed? He's been my most wanted since Brawl, and the reason I actually look at speculation at all. He has so much potential, much like the level of potential Golden Sun has as a series.

2) Geno - Super Mario RPG - Nintendo and Square Enix
Initially, I didn't really know who Geno was or how requested he's been, though fans for him have shown to me at least that he's just as deserving as Isaac is.

3) Ray-01 / Ray MK III - Custom Robo - Nintendo
I grew up with Custom Robo on my Gamecube back in the day, and always thought it was a good series, though for whatever reason, after the DS release, it just died inexplicably. I just want Custom Robo back.

4) Vaati - Legend of Zelda Four Swords trilogy - Nintendo
The Four Swords trilogy, along with the Oracle games, are probably my favourite Zelda games as a whole. Vaati, if anyone, is the only Zelda villain on the same level as Ganon. He is the series 2nd main villain.

5) Waluigi - Super Mario - Nintendo
After all the Super Camelot Bros. comics, I have grown quite a bit of an attachment to him, and his group with Issac and Geno.

6) Kite - .hack - Bandai Namco
Even though I know it'll never happen, no matter what happens, .hack is my favourite series of all time. I poured thousands upon thousands of dollars and thousands upon thousands of hours into this series trying to revive it. But alas, it is what it is.

7) Lloyd - Tales of Symphonia - Bandai Namco
If there's anything the poll towards the end of last year showed us, it's that Lloyd is highly demanded himself, going as far to place 4th. I think he'd deserve a spot.

8) Shauntae - Shauntae - Wayforward
While I still know next to nothing about her or her games, I know various people who really would like to see her in. I think it's only appropriate to include her.

9) Andy - Advance Wars - Nintendo
Very similar situation to Shauntae though I constantly see it brought up when Fire Emblem is talked about in any discord.

10) Dr. Eggman - Sonic - Sega
Honestly, I feel like it just needs to happen at some point. Be it a boss or playable he needs to exist somewhere in there. It just feels right.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Throwing my 10 characters as well. Characters that I want and/or would make others happy.

1) Andy
2) Isaac
3) Elma
4) Crash
5) Geno
6) Doomguy
7) Sora
8) Lloyd
9) Jill Valentine
10) Rayman

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
If only that were "Kite - .hack - Cyberconnect2".

Anyways, my top 10 in any random order
Woops. My bad. Just goes to show people can be wrong, even about the games they love lol. Of course I'd probably be more aware if they didn't only use him in crossovers anymore or if they'd actually have ported the original four games before the second set. (It's been a looong time since the PS2 days *sad face*)

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Looks like its Top Ten Time:

1. Isaac

Truly the only character left that I want. I don't think I need to say anymore about our Golden Boy that everyone here doesn't already know.

2. Geno

The legendary puppet himself, this character would answer years of fan requests and provide one of the most unique characters in Smash history.

3. Skull Kid or Midna (Wolf Link)

Outside of the main Tri-Force characters, these two are the most popular and the most unique in terms of their potential as fighters. It would be amazing to have another villain with as much history as Skull Kid, or a main character as dynamic as Midna, plus if Wolf Link is involved, that would make for an amazing moveset.

4. Crash Bandicoot

This orange platforming superstar has seen the coolest revival in recent years! It would be an outrage if he never got his invitation to Smash with the best of them. (We also need to settle Crash's trash talking feud from back in the day.)

5. Ray 01 (Custom Robo)

An often forgotten franchise of Nintendo, Custom Robo would bring an amazing character in the form of Ray 01. This robo has so many different options for weaponry and movement that he could be a diverse mid-long range fighter. Plus his design speaks for itself.

6. Krystal

This blue vixen has the greatest potential of all of the Star Fox crew in terms of her moveset. A magic staff with spells to boot, possible different guns from SF Assault, sounds like a great idea to me! I think she should be freed from AT status with Isaac and Skull Kid/Midna.

7. KOS-MOS

This female android showed up in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and my interest in her inclusion skyrocketed. Even what little I knew about her before her cameo, I have always been fascinated by her design. Her ability to morph and change her body into all sorts of weapons, as well as her assortment of ranged weapons could make her a terror on the Battlefield. She would be a really unique addition to the roster.

8. Porky Minch (Earthbound)

One of my favorite aspects of Smash Bros is getting to see the heroes and villains of each franchise duke it out. To that end, I hope to see every franchise's villains be repped in this game. Porky is the OG pain in the rear, especially for our boys Ness and Lucas. It is time they settled their fight with this spider mech wielding brat.

9. Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Dark Pit doesn't count as a villain in my book, but this devilish sorceress does. She has been around much longer than Hades, and she would be a true evil parallel to the goddess of light herself.

10. Dixie Kong

The last of the Kongs and one of the last Nintendo All Stars absent from the roster. It's time for the Girl with the Whirl to show her stuff alongside her family.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Woops. My bad. Just goes to show people can be wrong, even about the games they love lol. Of course I'd probably be more aware if they didn't only use him in crossovers anymore or if they'd actually have ported the original four games before the second set. (It's been a looong time since the PS2 days *sad face*)
Lol no you got it right. Cyberconnect2 makes the games, Bandai Namco owns the IP. We'd actually get a LOT more .hack if Cyberconnect2 owned it though, as they actively want to make more and are self publishing now.

Bamco keeps refusing their proposals to make new games / content and then refusing to localize things. They keep trying to push for it, but alas.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
I actually struggle to get a Top Ten. After Isaac, I'll be totally satisfied. So I won't be hoping for anyone else in particular, but this is who I would show some support to.

1) Isaac - Golden Sun
Obviously. I've been wanting him in since the Brawl Dojo times after loving the Goldun Sun games. Only fighter I want more than anything, I expect he'll have only Venus adept psynergy and no Djinn gimmick, but we could see Flint in a taunt. He could have a Matthew alt skin too.

2) Felix - Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Added as a number two simply because I see him as a semi clone rather than an echo fighter (or at least Chrom to your Roy). Felix should be taller than Isaac, so I think he could be a heavier version of him and also wield a two handed sword instead of a one hander. Maybe slightly different earth spells.

3) Shadow - Sonic the Hedgehog
I like Shadow and can see him as an echo of Sonic. Even though I don't play Sonic ever, this addition might make me play him more.

3) Skull Kid - Zelda: Majora's Mask
I think Zelda villains need more love and Skull Kid is one of my favourites, just because of how creepy his game is. His move set could be very infuriating, if they keep a spell like his assist where he gives people random debuffs.

4) Crash - Crash Bandicoot
With the Crash games being re-made I think this is more likely. Crash is well known in gaming and I think he belongs in a crossover fighter like this. He's very cartoony and would really look the part.

5) Shantae - Shantae
I've never played Shantae but I kinda want to. From what I've seen from her fans she seems like a fun character with some good moveset capability.

6) Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
An icon in gaming and another strong female fighter. I was thinking it would be the new gritty Lara look but have a classic Lara alt skin. Main weapon would be the pistols but also a bow special. She would hang onto the edge with her pickaxe.

7) Lloyd - Tales of Symphonia
The only Tales game I've played and I really like Lloyd. I want him so the Lloyd Bros get their character too, but I'll be salty if he's in and Isaac isn't lol.

8) Leon Kennedy - Resident Evil
No idea how the moveset would work but I really like Leon as a character. Could also be Jill for more female representation.

9) Geno - Super Mario RPG
Geno is low because I've never played SM RPG more than about 30 mins, so I never knew the character until Smash ultimate speculation. At this point, I think he should be included to satisfy the fans.

10) Nightmare - Soul Calibur
Loved Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube and Link made a cameo in that one, so it'd be a nice crossover back. Nightmare is the most iconic character I can think of except for Ivy, and well...I know Bayonetta's in but Ivy's way worse in the clothes department.

Special mention to Andy from Advance Wards for more GBA love. At least a Mii costume and assist trophy please.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Time to join the bandwagon (Most of this comes from my signature lol, but I'm likely to keep swapping characters in and out between honourable mentions)
1: Isaac (Golden Sun) - Still one of my most wanted characters, even after his AT revelation almost a year ago. Although I didn't play Golden Sun in my childhood, it was Isaac's appearance in Brawl that got me interested in Golden Sun in the first place. His Assist Trophy had a fun ability that could've been translated to a playable moveset, and then further expanded upon with all the other Psynergy spells he has access to - Earthquakes, Vines and plant manipulation, and powerful Summons. Golden Sun is an underrated classic in Nintendo's library that deserves a second shot in the new generation - be it a full on remake or Isaac finally joining Smash as a playable fighter. I'll still wait patiently for that day.

2: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) - I absolutely adore the Ace Attorney games - the crazy courtroom antics, the storywriting and the fun characters that always show up in each game. Phoenix would be an amazing if not wacky fit with the craziness of Smash Bros, and if anyone doubts his potential for a fighter, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 perfectly represented him in a fighting game environment. To this day he's still one of my mains alongside Dante and Strider Hiryu. I would absolutely freak out if he came to Smash Bros one day.

3: Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade) - These two deserve a second shot at an invite to Ultimate. As a fan of Xenoblade, Rex and Pyra definitely have a fun dynamic that would be a lot of fun to see in Ultimate and Xenoblade is worthy of having a second character at this point (or even a third in Elma too).

4: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) - A character I've come to want to see in Ultimate after hearing of the rumours and I think he's a good fit for sure. Brings a bunch of cool Ninjutsu abilities and is one of the last classic characters of the NES era. I've only played the original NES Ninja Gaiden and a little bit of Dead or Alive in the past, but Hayabusa is a worthy fighter for Ultimate.

5: Byleth (Fire Emblem) - I know they're another Fire Emblem character, but honestly after how much fun Three Houses has been so far, I'm definitely okay with adding Byleth to Smash. A whipsword and a wealth of other cool weapons at their disposal (Lances, Bows, Axes, Magic, Gauntlets) and the ability to rewind time sound like perfect ingredients for a newcomer if you ask me. I honestly would prefer Byleth over Edelgard, but would still like to see the House Leaders get a bit of a shout-out too, either as part of a Gambit Final Smash or something else.

6: Akira Howard (Astral Chain) - Just like Rex and Pyra, Akira would be a fun new dynamic to see in Ultimate, a police officer who fights with a baton that can turn into a giant sword or energy gun and fighting alongside a Legion that deals powerful attacks in tandem. Astral Chain is definitely worth including as one of Nintendo's newest IPs in the new Switch generation of Nintendo, and we get some more Platinum Games goodness too.

7: Dante (Devil May Cry) - Another one of my favourite Capcom characters. SSStylish and a badass fighter who would bring plenty of cool flair to his attacks. Not to mention we'll get some of the finest songs in the Capcom sound archives too, "Devils Never Cry" and most importantly "Devil Trigger". Just like Phoenix, Dante was one of my old mains back in UMVC3 so it'd be fun to have part of the team fight again in Smash Bros.

8: Doomguy (Doom) - A character that slowly grew on me after I beat DOOM 2016 and realised that, even if he were toned down to fit the age rating standards, Doomguy would be a perfect fit for Smash Bros. Powerful guns, brutal fighting style and the great communicator, CHAINSAW. Yep, Doomguy is my go to pick for a classic First Person Shooter chracter.

9: Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - Another classic Assist Trophy character who deserves a second shot and reboot game to get more people interested in him. We don't have any classic Samurai archetype characters so far and Takamaru would definitely break the mould for regular swordfighters thanks to being more inspired by Japanese swordfighting skills and weaponry. My second most wanted Assist Trophy promotion.

10: Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) - After starting up Yakuza 0 properly over the Mid-sem break, I've come to realise that Kiryu or Majima would be an excellent fit for Smash Bros since the Yakuza series is now getting more popularity and attention. There's so much potential for him to be a fun fighter with either multiple fighting stances as seen in 0 or the Heat System to pull off stronger and stylish moves, that you have to think that if he showed up in Smash Bros...
That's_Rad.gif

And that about wraps up a top 10 most wanted for me.
There's still plenty more in the honourable mentions in the signature.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I honestly don't know who I'd put in a top 10. My top three is definitely Isaac, Andy, and Lloyd, but after that it's pretty hard to rank characters that I'd enjoy seeing. Those top three are definitely the ones I want to see the most, though.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see someone else wanting to see Kazuma Kiryu getting in Smash. You said a good bunch for his moveset already, but even from a marketing viewpoint, that'd serve as a footstool for Sega to propel the series further now that it's getting more attention. Would also serve as a semi-tribute to Shenmue.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Just a reminder that Golden Sunday is in less than a month on the 27th of October and we are hoping to get some letters/emails out early October

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Again, some really nice picks here!
Question: Do you see Andy on foot most of the time and then using tanks/aircraft for his FS? Or would he operate more like a Bowser Jr., in a vehicle the whole time?
Some combination. I see him as on foot summoning various units with his specials and a unit storm for his FS

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Some combination. I see him as on foot summoning various units with his specials and a unit storm for his FS
I'd see Andy be a sort of combination between Pac-Man and Bowser Jr. "Summoning" as pure visuals during some attacks like Pac-Man's ghosts, actual summons like the mecha koopas in specials. Up B obviously calling air transport.
Dr Eggman is another great example that could make use of an entire arsenal of summons that way. Those kinds of characters (puppet/minion masters) ooze with potential, we don't have any yet either. It's so easy and fun to come with movesets for them!

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I had typically imagined Andy being gimmick-free but if any of the possible gimmicks attract Sakurai's creative juices enough to increase his chances, then that's cool, too

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Alright, time for my top 10 folks:

10: Isaac
9: Hans
8: Isaac
7: Isaac
6: Felix
5: Robin
4: Elma
3: Geno
2: Isaac
1: Vlad

aztimh

Smash Rookie
1. Isaac
2. Geno
3. Andy (Advance Wars)
4. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
5. Doomguy
6. Marina Liteyears
7. Rex & Pyra
8. Dixie Kong
9. Bandana Waddle Dee
10. Rayman

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well folks! As promised here is the 2nd Golden Sunday Giveaway! The Isaac scarf is now up for grabs!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I know I’m late to the whole top 10 train we got going on, but I’ll go ahead and give mine as well. In my top 5 are going to be instant mains if they get in regardless of tier
1 Geno
2 Isaac
3 Shantae
4 Lloyd Irving
5 Master Chief
6 Saki Amamiya
7 Krystal
8 Sora
9 Ray MK III
10 Phoenix Wright
(Honorable mention goes to Rayman)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Top 10 list of characters we want in huh? Okay.

1. Spyro (Love the Spyro the Dragon series Spyro Reignited Trilogy was perfect and a great love letter to the original games. Hope he gets his chance someday.)

2. Geno (He's such a unique and really cool character be able to use, guns, his fly around and such, plus the Geno whirl I think now is his chance.)

3. Decidueye. (I know it's chances are really low I don't know if we'll see another Pokemon newcomer and believe me if they chose Lycanroc or Mimikyu instead I'b be fine cause I really like Lycanroc as well. But I hope it gets or gets a chance.)

4. Isaac (The hero of Golden Sun deserves his shot Hope now is his chance.)

Bandana Waddle Dee. (Great character who'd be able to do a lot hope with his spear and parasol he gets a chance.)

6. Lloyd. (Played Tales of Symphonia would love too see him.)

7. Sora. (Really like the Kingdom Hearts series he's be a very fun maybe combo heavy and aerial character maybe he gets in.)

8. Ezio Auditore. (Yes I don't know if It'll happen doubt it would and Rayman deserves to be in more if Ubusoft were to chose a character But I'd like too see it.)

9. Jibnyan (Would love too see the Yo-Kai Watch mascot in.)

10. Goku... Kidding no honestly Skull Kid (We need another Legend of Zelda rep. I think he'd be a fun and unique addition.)

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Jeez I don't even have ten characters that I would freak out about at this point.
  1. Isaac/Felix/New Venus Adept - It's the Golden Sun support thread, I shouldn't have to justify this. Also need new remixes, a lighthouse stage and Golden Sun 4 thanks.
  2. Anyone from Advance Wars - Top 3 games of all time are Majora's Mask, GS1 and TLA, and AW: Dual Strike. I think Sami is by far my favorite for this (even as a Snake echo with just the Tanks and Infantry assist trophy as her special moves) mostly as I played her the most and she has the best theme, but Andy could work just as well. Would need some cool healing/resource management moveset.
  3. Shantae - I've actually played every Shantae game. I had it back on the GBC as a kid. I love the comedy and art and Crissy Vee is the best VA.
  4. 2B (Nier: Automata) - Judging by the what Sakurai said at the Dragon Quest livestream, this one seems like a long shot, but Nier: Automata was the only game to affect me emotionally on that level since... forever. I actually made a video about it. I love her design too.
I'd be happy to see some other characters finally get into Smash like Geno, and I'd be happy to see some characters from games that I have played and do recognize and enjoy, like Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright, Tales of Symphonia (Give me Zelos instead you cowards), but I think only those four would I freak out about and insta-main forever and always.

I mean unless it's something nutso like Tracer or Thrall or the Witch from Dungeon Fighter Online, I'm not sure that there's any way to even come close to these four.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
1. Isaac (controversial opinion, I know)
2. Shovel Knight
3. Master Chief
4. Dixie Kong
5. Impa
6. Sans
7. Crash Bandicoot
8. Edelgard/Lyndis
9. A SE character (Sephiroth, Tifa, Terra, Cecil, Crono, Geno ideally)
10. Medusa

these are the 10 that stand out to me the most

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll join this bandwagon, sure. The first five came pretty easily, but I really struggled on the second half of the list.

1. Isaac - Frankly, he should have been in by now.
2. Waluigi - Our fellow Camelot brother, and arguably the other "obvious" Nintendo inclusion.
3. Geno - Like Isaac, he's an extremely long-time request, and I think it deserves to be honored.
4. Bandana Dee - One more popular fan request that I think deserves to be recognized, plus he brings Kirby to a clean four fighters.
5. Andy - Advance Wars deserves a revival, and if IS won't step up to the plate, Smash is a great place to do it.
6. Dixie Kong - Feels like a great Isabelle-style inclusion that would reuse a lot of existing design from Diddy Kong.
7. Byleth - Yes, Fire Emblem is over-represented. No, I don't care. (Related: Fire Emblem Warriors 2 would be awesome!)
8. Sora - Feels a little weird to add yet another Square Enix character, but given how beloved Kingdom Hearts is, I think Sora gets a pass.
9. Jin Kazama - I think Smash could use a 3D fighting game rep to go alongside Ryu and Terry, and who better to fill that role than Tekken's protagonist?
10. Minecraft/Steve - I figure at this point all the important bases are covered, so even though I'm not a fan, I think this absurdly popular game can get a shot.
Honorable Mention - Blaziken - There was a time I wanted this almost as much as Isaac. Thankfully, Pokkén happened, fulfilling this wish along with Gardevoir and some other neat choices, so now I'm quite content to abandon this Smash pipe-dream.

Realistically, once they add Isaac I'm not sure I truly care who else gets added, but it's a fun thought exercise nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Great picks by everyone we all have our picks. That we want in.

We don't know what form DLC will take after the fifth fighter on the Fighter's pass is unveiled. Hopefully it's a mix of third and first party some great characters people want. But long request Nintendo favourites as well.

Hopefully a lot of our picks get in. .

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Saw that poll from GameFaqs on the Official Speculation Thread:
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-640#post-23573887
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78051910?page=4

20. Leon Kennedy (49 Votes)
19. Amaterasu (53 Votes)
17. Paper Mario (54 Votes)
17. Rex & Pyra (54 Votes)
15. Monster Hunter (55 Votes)
15. Ryu Hayabusa (55 Votes)
14. Bandana Dee (58 Votes)
12. Bomberman (59 Votes)
12. Dixie Kong (59 Votes)
11. Shantae (61 Votes)
10. Dante (62 Votes)
08. Rayman (63 Votes)
08. Isaac (63 Votes)
07. Waluigi (64 Votes)
06. Sora (66 Votes)
04. Geno (68 Votes)
04. Skull Kid (68 Votes)
03. Doom Guy (70 Votes)
02. Phoenix Wright (71 Votes)
01. Crash (84 Votes)
I was hoping for better. He is an Assist Trophy, so he lost a bit of momentum, but that's also the case of Waluigi and, to my surprise, Skull Kid, and they are higher (and it's especially surprising for the latter). Bomberman is also quite high for a character that had little support before the game launch and got also deconfirmed.

_____

As for my list, since everyone is doing it. I'll also add what would be my reaction if they ever got announced.

1. Isaac [YEEES!... YES! YES! YES! At last! (+big smile and shaking)]: I want him since ages, and he got shafted again. He is my lone and only "must have". You can add only stuff I dislike aside if Isaac gets in.
  2. Phoenix Wright [Oh yeah! Super, that's nice! Let's see what he can do!]: I find it weird he doesn't have even a spirit... Hopefully he have a good chance.
  3. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X) [Aaaah yes! She did it!]: I want her more than Rex. Elma is a strong woman, with dual wielding guns and swords, making her a strong contender for an interesting moveset. And for XCX music totally absent of the base game. I probably want Elma more than Phoenix as a character, but I think Phoenix is more loved overall, and probably will have a more surprising moveset.
  4. Shantae [Aaaah yes! She did it!]: I'm not counting on her, because of the lack of renown in Japan, but she would be another woman with an interesting moveset and great music.
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) [Yes! It actually happened!]
  6. In no particular order: Advance Wars rep [Oh! That's super cool! They remember!], Steve (Minecraft) [Oh nice! Let's see what he can do!], Paper Mario [Oh! That's great! What's his moveset?], Waluigi [WAHahah! Nice!], Thrall (Warcraft) [Waoh... That's unexpected, and very welcomed!]
The first 9 characters listed are quite mainstream in the speculation nowadays. I only had the idea of a character from Warcraft a short time ago, but it quickly grow on me. It would be one of those mini-bomb character in the community if he ever gets into it, like Cloud was or Master chief would be (but personally "no, thanks" for the latter), and maybe the only one of these "unexpected" character that would make me say "waoh".

Last edited:
Top Bottom