• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
A part of me would kind of feel bad in the (super unlikely) scenario Sakurai actually decided to put all the Grinch leak characters in Smash, It would basically show that Sakurai went through all the effort and resources it would take to make 5 characters in a game like Smash (ie a ****load), just because some dude on the internet decided to make a fake leak.

I mean, it'd give me a playable Isaac in Smash which would be awesome, and Geno would be neat too. As long as Sakurai had fun making the 5 remaining characters, then all would be well I suppose, but still...
Well, if Sakurai made it happen it’d be because he wanted to make it happen. I can’t see him doing it out of guilt. More of like “Oh you guys didn’t see this coming, huh?”

Isaac and Geno are fan favorites, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider would be really unique characters just because of the triple character/vehicle aspects, and Shadow is a popular request that could easily be an Echo or maybe Sakurai would just make him a Brand new character.

Either way, as I said I highly doubt he’d do it, but if he did I think it would be to just surprise people in a good way, and not because he felt like he had to. Sakurai ended the final Smash direct with revealing Piranha Plant as the last playable character before DLC. He clearly has fun with his decision making.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Very small image but I am here:
View attachment 238568
Inside Babi's Lighthouse/Venus Lighthosue and I don't know what I'm supposed to do to proceed.
Don't know if you're still stuck, but get out of the Tunnel Ruins, go back to the Venus Lighthouse, get to the part with the electrical barrier, use reveal and another door will appear, interact with the statue in the room it leads to, then go back and the path should be different.

If I've remembered things correctly.

D

Deleted member

Don't know if you're still stuck, but get out of the Tunnel Ruins, go back to the Venus Lighthouse, get to the part with the electrical barrier, use reveal and another door will appear, interact with the statue in the room it leads to, then go back and the path should be different.

If I've remembered things correctly.
You were correct and thank you! I was kinda stuck within that area for 3 hours and I was a bit irritated at it so that really helps a lot.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You were correct and thank you! I was kinda stuck within that area for 3 hours and I was a bit irritated at it so that really helps a lot.
I came back after getting caught up on irl stuff. My bad. Didn’t mean to leave you hanging like that. At least you got your answer.

I’d be totally ok with Sakurai adding the remaining 5 of the Grinch roster.

D

Deleted member

I came back after getting caught up on irl stuff. My bad. Didn’t mean to leave you hanging like that. At least you got your answer.
Nah it's fine life happens and as long as I got an answer I'm content and I got just that. Now all I have to do is beat the final boss.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think Mach Rider got a bit of a boost from the grinch hoax. Maybe not that huge of one, but I do recall seeing some people gaining interest in the character because of it.
That's why I said most, but aside from Mach Rider, all of the Grinch characters had sizable followings, so it's not like Sakurai would be bending over backwards just because of a leaker. Other characters have been more egregious in gaining support due to leaks (Rayman and Doomguy come to mind).

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
One thing, since Golden Sun predates a lot of the current internet (like Google), your best bet when you get stuck is literally GameFaqs guides. That's what was used then, so that's probably still the most reliable way to get unstuck.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
One thing, since Golden Sun predates a lot of the current internet (like Google), your best bet when you get stuck is literally GameFaqs guides. That's what was used then, so that's probably still the most reliable way to get unstuck.
Or find a copy of the official. It is not as practical as GameFAQS but you get a piece of GS merch out of it!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Or ask this thread. I'm in the process of acquiring a copy of GS and TLA (though I also have to get my DS from back east to play them) and that's going to be my go to method of getting out of places I get stuck in.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys, what kind of things would you like to see for this Golden Sunday coming up? And what are you going to be working on as well?

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Well I've already made a Mii SF guide on youtube... so all I could do would be giving a link to it for those who want to play Isaac the mii costume? Don't really have much else I could do. At least that I can think of.

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm conflicted about my Isaac Mii. I want to keep him that way to show my support for him, but I also kinda feel like I should change him into Narukamii to loudly declare that a Mii isn't enough.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
By the way guys, what kind of things would you like to see for this Golden Sunday coming up? And what are you going to be working on as well?
I got a great “meme” using AT Isaac that I can’t wait to show off! It was very difficult to do.
I’m also hoping that the video project I’ve started in January will finally be done by Golden Sunday 3.
I may do another thing as well.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well...

• I'm doing a Golden Sunday Giveaway (it will be my third one) and it will be something everyone will want
  • Wearing a Golden Sun inspired cosplay every evening that weekend
  • Crafting throughout the week an undershirt for my Felix cosplay
  • Hopefully publishing a video teaching people how to make an Isaac scarf? (Depends on how my surgery goes. It's minor but it could screw up the plan!)
  • On the Saturday I will be once again wearing Isaac as my Saturday cosplay at the largest convention in the UK
Did I do it right?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well...

• I'm doing a Golden Sunday Giveaway (it will be my third one) and it will be something everyone will want
  • Wearing a Golden Sun inspired cosplay every evening that weekend
  • Crafting throughout the week an undershirt for my Felix cosplay
  • Hopefully publishing a video teaching people how to make an Isaac scarf? (Depends on how my surgery goes. It's minor but it could screw up the plan!)
  • On the Saturday I will be once again wearing Isaac as my Saturday cosplay at the largest convention in the UK
Did I do it right?
Good luck on that surgery!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Hopefully some arrangements of some GS music (I have a couple specific ones in mind that I may look at). Also, obligatory Twitter post.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I think we're planning a new letter campain for that Sunday.
As for me, not sure, I'll have to see with college but I'd like to make a video too. Not sure what. An hypothetical moveset would be fun but not sure it would bring in a lot of people.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
As for me, not sure, I'll have to see with college but I'd like to make a video too. Not sure what. An hypothetical moveset would be fun but not sure it would bring in a lot of people.
Another Letter Campaign would be interesting.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It'd be kind of great to focus this new campaign towards Camelot to have both bases covered. FlawedAI FlawedAI received Camelot's email in the letter they wrote to Nintendo January. Regardless I want to send an email anyways, I'll use Golden Sunday's date as the motivator to finally send it cause I've sat on it way longer than I intended. It's just me being OCD in trying to find the right words and topics to cover. I'm putting more thought into this than my Nintendo letter as I do believe the issue is with Camelot, there's of course the whole company size and all that, but I mean before we even get to that point.

I have all these Takahashi interviews bookmarked and they always say how they want to do right by fans, even with Nintendo asking them to make another one, they still took their time with Golden Sun to give it the quality it deserves. Then their nervousness about Dark Dawn because of the distance between the previous games release and accounting for new fans and not alienating the old fans. Man, I really hope the Takahashi brothers don't have the impression that they've failed us in some way. And that's why in their 2012 interview they'd only make it if the fans demanded it. Of course I could be reading way too much into old interviews dated from early 2000s most likely lol. But I still just want to send Camelot something encouraging, and if I think of myself as the sole person tasked with convincing Camelot to want to work on Golden Sun again, that added pressure will help me to not want to cut corners. Can you see that sometimes I drive myself nuts over small things?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It'd be kind of great to focus this new campaign towards Camelot to have both bases covered. FlawedAI FlawedAI received Camelot's email in the letter they wrote to Nintendo January. Regardless I want to send an email anyways, I'll use Golden Sunday's date as the motivator to finally send it cause I've sat on it way longer than I intended. It's just me being OCD in trying to find the right words and topics to cover. I'm putting more thought into this than my Nintendo letter as I do believe the issue is with Camelot, there's of course the whole company size and all that, but I mean before we even get to that point.

I have all these Takahashi interviews bookmarked and they always say how they want to do right by fans, even with Nintendo asking them to make another one, they still took their time with Golden Sun to give it the quality it deserves. Then their nervousness about Dark Dawn because of the distance between the previous games release and accounting for new fans and not alienating the old fans. Man, I really hope the Takahashi brothers don't have the impression that they've failed us in some way. And that's why in their 2012 interview they'd only make it if the fans demanded it. Of course I could be reading way too much into old interviews dated from early 2000s most likely lol. But I still just want to send Camelot something encouraging, and if I think of myself as the sole person tasked with convincing Camelot to want to work on Golden Sun again, that added pressure will help me to not want to cut corners. Can you see that sometimes I drive myself nuts over small things?
Funny you should mention that. I sent an email almost right after I got my letter back (about mid-March), but I still haven't received a response. Maybe if more of us send one we'l get something good?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Yep, the announcement for that is going up on the Isaac Adepts Twitter page tomorrow. Stay tuned

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Funny you should mention that. I sent an email almost right after I got my letter back (about mid-March), but I still haven't received a response. Maybe if more of us send one we'l get something good?
I did wonder if you ever got a reply. Though I suppose there likely isn't much in the way of a dedicated customer service on the level of Nintendo. Especially with the Mario sports titles, you'd probably think about contacting Nintendo first anyways lol. I think naturally there has been a few emails to Camelot about Golden Sun here and there. But definitely if they just received this influx of emails about Golden Sun, or just more than usual in such a short amount of time, hard to imagine that not raising some brows. Don't know if they'd respond, but we'd have covered a bit more ground. Really I've never been so hellbent on wanting to get a game revived lol.

It'd be a bit convenient if the Takahashi brothers mentioned where exactly to direct said fan demand lol.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I’ll try to send a letter this time, but I could definitely do an email. Do we know where to send those? Is there some publicly posted email for Camelot?

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to get a Golden Sun-themed D&D one-shot together for the upcoming Golden Sunday!

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I feel like letters are harder for them to ignore. Emails they might just auto filter (contains "isaac", "smash" so put it in the pile and ignore it) versus someone having to open it and actually at least skim it.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I think Camelot has an email for foreign languages. I might link that to the tweet tomorrow
Please do! I would be great to send them a letter with all the things I have created.

I'm going to try to get a Golden Sun-themed D&D one-shot together for the upcoming Golden Sunday!
I would join that if you ran it again in the future. Curse clashing dates!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
That sounds super neat!!

I will try to join the letter/email campaign too. I have a Golden Sun giveaway planned and also wanted to make another illustration. I was also looking for a provider for sweaters for a Golden Sun design I have, but no luck on that one yet

Smash Lord
We just launched the new letter campaign. Please spread the word since I'm really hoping for this to be as big as possible

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The best thing about the Grinch leak was just how perfect the character selection was in general.
-Perfect echoes for iconic third parties being Shadow and Ken for Sonic and Ryu

-Rare finally getting representation with Banjo

-Isaac and Chorus Kid giving two fan favorite Nintendo IPs an overdue fighter

-Mach Rider was a retro character oozing with moveset potential
Honestly if Smash Ultimate just had these characters in the base roster and no DLC I would feel satisfied (I'd still want Rayman although getting this roster makes up for it)
That's kind of the reason the Grinch leak was fake because it sounded too perfect to be true.

Also, you forgot to mention Geno.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
We just launched the new letter campaign. Please spread the word since I'm really hoping for this to be as big as possible
Wonderful! Definitely passing the word around!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
If nothing else I'll be sure to send in a letter this time as I missed the previous campaign. Excited to see what everyone comes up with!

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I hand wrote my letter so I can't conveniently use it again. Nah lol. I actually want to change some things up anyways. Focus on the topic of remakes and Isaac for Smash DLC since my last letter was more about nostalgia and wanting Golden Sun to come back in general.

Also it'd be pretty nice to get another Peach bookmark. Bent the old one by mistake lol.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I’ll try to send a letter this time, but I could definitely do an email. Do we know where to send those? Is there some publicly posted email for Camelot?
When we did that letter campaign I got Camelot's foreign language email, and I checked their website and it was there as well. I sent an email, but never got a response. Here's the email address: foreignlangcontact@camelot.co.jp. I suggest we add an email campaign as well as our letter campaign, especially if we can get a response straight from Camelot themselves.

Edit: corrected email address

Last edited:

Smash Lord
When we did that letter campaign I got Camelot's foreign language email, and I checked their website and it was there as well. I sent an email, but never got a response. Here's the email address: foreignlanguagecontact@camelot.co.jp. I suggest we add an email campaign as well as our letter campaign, especially if we can get a response straight from Camelot themselves.
I already added Camelot's email to the post and it's spelled out as foreignlangcontact@camelot.co.jp not foreignlanguage

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
When we did that letter campaign I got Camelot's foreign language email, and I checked their website and it was there as well. I sent an email, but never got a response. Here's the email address: foreignlanguagecontact@camelot.co.jp. I suggest we add an email campaign as well as our letter campaign, especially if we can get a response straight from Camelot themselves.
Dang that would be straight from the horses mouth wouldn't it? Inb4 they refer us back to Nintendo lol. But we are covering all angles so if Camelot told us what specifically to do to get Golden Sun to return for sure, it'd certainly help.

Top Bottom