• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm 90% sure that they know we want more Golden Sun, and I even made a retweet to shugo takahashi well over half a year ago with Isaac in tennis garb art(retweeted from the original artist ofc)

there's a non-zero chance they're aware we want more attention
I think they're probably aware that people are still behind Isaac. And I think "not zero percent" is a great way to describe the chance of him becoming playable in Aces.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
the main deal with Aces dlc is that they aren't trying to sell individual DLC, they're trying to sell the entire game and keep people playing it

i.e Camelot could probably get people to pay for someone like Link, but probably not Isaac

but because they *aren't* selling DLC they have more freedom

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly I'm just glad Pauline was put into Aces. Hopefully they continue to put her into more things (like in an inevitable Mario kart 9)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's been awhile since I posted in this thread. Since my beloved bear and bird finally got their much deserved confirmation, Isaac has moved up to the top 3 now. Isaac is definitely one of the bigger names still out there waiting for a chance. Just got to keep getting his name out there so he doesn't get forgotten in the general public. I also haven't played Golden Sun since the day I bought Ultimate so I ought to get back into Golden Sun any day now.

Also, Isaac sure fits that 90's anime style doesn't he?

Last edited by a moderator:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys; been a while. Not much going on at the moment. I'm getting Hollow Knight on the 12th and also received some books I ordered so gonna be reading those.

I think Hero could be released some time mid or late July; that'd be roughly 3 months from Joker, then Banjo in October after another 3 months. November and December as speculation time, fighter #4 releases at the beginning of January (maybe alongside the Direct if they decide to have one), then we wait roughly another 2 months for an end-of-Feb fighter #5 release.
Though since they announced Hero and Banjo at the same time, they might release them a lot closer to each other and have us wait a long time for #4 & #5.

Anyways, I think as soon as we enter August, things will start to pick up again.

I also decided to get back into drawing, so maybe I will post a few things as I improve. I definitely want to draw Sveta for the 10 year anniversary of DD for October 2020 (which is still more than a year out but ehh).

Hope you're all doing good.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys; been a while. Not much going on at the moment. I'm getting Hollow Knight on the 12th and also received some books I ordered so gonna be reading those.

I think Hero could be released some time mid or late July; that'd be roughly 3 months from Joker, then Banjo in October after another 3 months. November and December as speculation time, fighter #4 releases at the beginning of January (maybe alongside the Direct if they decide to have one), then we wait roughly another 2 months for an end-of-Feb fighter #5 release.
Though since they announced Hero and Banjo at the same time, they might release them a lot closer to each other and have us wait a long time for #4 & #5.

Anyways, I think as soon as we enter August, things will start to pick up again.

I also decided to get back into drawing, so maybe I will post a few things as I improve. I definitely want to draw Sveta for the 10 year anniversary of DD for October 2020 (which is still more than a year out but ehh).

Hope you're all doing good.

Say, who's that in your sig? I swear I've seen her before...

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

*snipped for space*
I hope we get Hero soon. I've been playing through Dragon Quest 11 on my PS4 and I'm loving it so far, and Delthezin's video on Hero's moveset has made me super excited for the character. I think basically anytime between mid-July and mid-August are viable drop times, with Banjo probably coming in October, like you said.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
considering Hero and Banjo both look more or less done, I think we can expect a shorter gap than three months

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
considering Hero and Banjo both look more or less done, I think we can expect a shorter gap than three months
I sure hope so. Of course, we have no idea how close they are to being done (and then how close fighters 4 and 5 are to being presentable).

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys it’s been quite awhile since I’ve been on this thread and I’m glad to see it’s still picking up some steam after all this time. Just gonna day that the dlc for aces sure gives me hope that Isaac is considered for that and that potentially given our almost 2 decade journey, Isaac is seen as one of the most wanted characters in smash especially given the fact banjo is now finally in. I’m currently working at a summer camp in Canada and getting back into drawing so I’ll do my best to whip up some golden sun fanart while I’m here. More importantly let’s all keep our support for Isaac alive and I’ll jist say dlc after the fighters pass just seems likely to me. Finally whoever made that sailor moon fanart of Isaac and Venus was amazing cause I just started watching sailor moon this year!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Hey guys it’s been quite awhile since I’ve been on this thread and I’m glad to see it’s still picking up some steam after all this time. Just gonna day that the dlc for aces sure gives me hope that Isaac is considered for that and that potentially given our almost 2 decade journey, Isaac is seen as one of the most wanted characters in smash especially given the fact banjo is now finally in. I’m currently working at a summer camp in Canada and getting back into drawing so I’ll do my best to whip up some golden sun fanart while I’m here. More importantly let’s all keep our support for Isaac alive and I’ll jist say dlc after the fighters pass just seems likely to me. Finally whoever made that sailor moon fanart of Isaac and Venus was amazing cause I just started watching sailor moon this year!
Hey, good to see you! We've somehow kept this thread somewhat alive, but we really need something to talk about. I'm hoping something new happens, but we're basically just hoping for a new Smash video or something Tennis related. I can't wait to see what great artwork you have in the works!

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Since we are all Golden Sun fans here, I want to get your opinions on something. How would you guys feel if Golden Sun was remade and took some more inspiration from Dragon Quest.
Voice acting
Free roaming similar to DQ 11
Monsters being on the over world instead of random encounters
HD graphics

Or would you prefer it to stay closer to what it is with a fresh coat of paint?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Don't know what free roaming in DQ11 is like, but I'd be fine with the other things, as long as the Djinn system and battle system stay intact.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Since we are all Golden Sun fans here, I want to get your opinions on something. How would you guys feel if Golden Sun was remade and took some more inspiration from Dragon Quest.
Voice acting
HD graphics

This is exactly what I want out of a remake. I don't want a remaster, I want something modernized, and that most definitely includes things like voice acting, HD graphics, etc. However, the most important thing, for me, is being able to choose my own "random" encounters on the map. I despise random encounters, and the rate in GS feels so high at times, especially when I just want to get to the next part of the puzzle.
Don't know what free roaming in DQ11 is like, but I'd be fine with the other things, as long as the Djinn system and battle system stay intact.
In DQ11, you can move around the world freely, and it's so nice. You can move the camera freely, and see every beautiful area in full 3D. It allows for a little more exploration, rather than kind of being locked to a certain area within a map.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Voice acting
HD graphics

Personally I'm somewhat of a purist and I like Golden Sun as is, but if it's what it takes to introduce GS to a modern audience I wouldn't mind a remake with those aspects, and would give me something new to sink my teeth in. As long as the spirit of the original stays intact.

The only thing I'm not 100% on is voice acting. I don't know if I want that, plus they're very dialogue heavy games so it might be too much.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Think Link running around in Breath of the Wild, except it would be Isaac and his group running around the world of Golden Sun.
This is exactly what I want out of a remake. I don't want a remaster, I want something modernized, and that most definitely includes things like voice acting, HD graphics, etc. However, the most important thing, for me, is being able to choose my own "random" encounters on the map. I despise random encounters, and the rate in GS feels so high at times, especially when I just want to get to the next part of the puzzle.

In DQ11, you can move around the world freely, and it's so nice. You can move the camera freely, and see every beautiful area in full 3D. It allows for a little more exploration, rather than kind of being locked to a certain area within a map.
I also think it would be nice also. Of course if they remade Golden Sun they would also throw in the Lost Age in the same game. It would definitely modernize the series; and make it more appealing to non GS fans.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I do see Golden Sun getting modernized in its remake. Things like random encounters that Nintendo has already opted to take out in their 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8 for example is likely to have the same done to Golden Sun. There are some features that would have likely happened naturally and improved over time had Golden Sun been a more consistent flagship title for Nintendo consoles since they would only just make the games better than the previous.

I also feel like Golden Sun should have voice acting with it being an rpg with tons of dialogue. Story moments that would be more engaging and beneficial to hear voiced emotional expressions. A part of me is also leaning to wanting Isaac voiced, might be more of an unpopular opinion but he's not really a generic self insert. He has a personality and has spoken dialogue in games where he's not the lead, it'd be nice to see more of that when it comes to shaping the story (likely would get more of this in Golden Sun 4 than anything).

Edit: Though now that I think about it, the smiley face system could lead to some hilarity with the other characters' response. 'Why are you smiling in a time like this!'. Picking the obvious wrong choice in certain scenarios lol.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I'm just glad Pauline was put into Aces. Hopefully they continue to put her into more things (like in an inevitable Mario kart 9)
I know, right? To think that if Koizumi didn't deem her worthy of showing up in Odyssey, she would have almost never showed up again after Nintendo Software Technology were allowed to move on from doing endless Mario Vs. DK sequels.

I'd be kind of surprised if Hero isn't released this month tbh.
Not me. I bet they'd like having him released as close to DQ11S' release as possible.

I would be surprised if he was released this month, considering how Enix would want him fresh in people's minds by September.

the main deal with Aces dlc is that they aren't trying to sell individual DLC, they're trying to sell the entire game and keep people playing it

i.e Camelot could probably get people to pay for someone like Link, but probably not Isaac

but because they *aren't* selling DLC they have more freedom
It helps that all characters in the game are pretty much Nintendo's property. This ain't like when they used to sell extra courses for New SMB2, of all things.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Voice acting
HD graphics

I definitely think a modernisation is the way to go but in a way that at least stays true to what makes the original games so great without making changes that will make it inferior. I'd only want voice acting if it's done right otherwise bad voice acting will kind of hinder the game for many. Monsters being on the overworld will be a good change depending on how well it is executed, might make some of the djinns hidden in the overworld even less of a pain to find

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Howdy peeps. Been a hot minute since I've been in this thread. Wanted see what's going on. I've been sucked into Dragalia Lost the entire time I was away. Lol

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Howdy peeps. Been a hot minute since I've been in this thread. Wanted see what's going on. I've been sucked into Dragalia Lost the entire time I was away. Lol
not a whole lot, since we ran out of stuff to talk about

maybe the datamine will give us stuff to talk about though when the patch drops

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get something soon to speak about even if it is just mindless speculation. I think if we get a 2020 remake for GS we may see an reveal announcement on the September ish direct. It would be a great way to get everyone hyped and fandoms in general would feel they listened

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I hope we get something soon to speak about even if it is just mindless speculation. I think if we get a 2020 remake for GS we may see an reveal announcement on the September ish direct. It would be a great way to get everyone hyped and fandoms in general would feel they listened
Golden Sun would fit right in with all these HD remasters and ports the Switch gets nowadays. Even some incredibly underrated ones that flew under the radar i.e. The Last Remnant. And I say that as someone who watched the trailers and bought it release day with Johnny Yong Bosch voicing the lead as a major plus so the remaster indeed had me hyped but I'm quite aware with it originally being an Xbox 360 exclusive it kind of released and didn't make much noise amongst the gaming community, yet here it is as a remaster. It's kind of nice that there's not some high bar to meet, but at the same time it makes me incredibly frustrated waiting for Golden Sun to get this treatment.

Of course similar to Vesperia, The Last Remnant had a better version that released on another platform already which is the version the Switch is getting, while Golden Sun will have to go through an overhaul similar to what's happening with Link's Awakening so it wouldn't be something that Nintendo can just make appear unless it was a straight up port with enhanced graphics. I still just wish it'd get announced as in development or something, beats the worst case scenario of Nintendo doing nothing with the IP.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
not a whole lot, since we ran out of stuff to talk about

maybe the datamine will give us stuff to talk about though when the patch drops
Might not be the most interesting thing to bring up, but perhaps series like Golden Sun might crossover with Dragalia Lost at some point. They did just finish up with a Fire Emblem Heroes crossover not too long ago, and it is coming up on the game's 1 year anniversary soon. Cygames is always really open with crossover stuff, and I'd imagine Nintendo would be willing to do more crossover stuff like that as well. Just some food for thought. I know Dragalia isn't the most exciting thing for most people. lol

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Well fellas I’m drawing up some golden sun fanart and it’s turning out good and all, but as I draw Isaac, I wonder about this theory I got. If Isaac doesn’t make it into smash ultimate as dlc, does that mean we should really expect him for the next smash bros if we ever get one? My friend Riley at camp is a diehard waluigi fan and he kept blabbing on how both of the Camelot bros Isaac and waluigi are practically guaranteed for base next smash game given the backlash by the fans. It’s just an opinion of course but maybe it could really happen?

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Well fellas I’m drawing up some golden sun fanart and it’s turning out good and all, but as I draw Isaac, I wonder about this theory I got. If Isaac doesn’t make it into smash ultimate as dlc, does that mean we should really expect him for the next smash bros if we ever get one? My friend Riley at camp is a diehard waluigi fan and he kept blabbing on how both of the Camelot bros Isaac and waluigi are practically guaranteed for base next smash game given the backlash by the fans. It’s just an opinion of course but maybe it could really happen?
That rests on what approach the next game will take. It could be a continuation of Ultimate with all pre-existing content and focus once more on refining the gameplay and adding more characters/stages. If that were true, then I believe without any doubt Isaac will be in.

It could also have an emphasis on revamping dated veterans and adding new features/franchises while having to sacrifice "Everybody is Here" by making many cuts, much like how Smash 4 was. It may seem murky for Isaac while speculating since there will inevitably be more of a clamor for veterans to return first, although I still believe he would be included given how many newcomers Smash 4 received and how much more they're aware of character demand now.

However, I fear that Ultimate could be intended as the send-off for the series as we know it now, since they know how much the fanbase despises cuts. Depending on how ambitious they want to be with the next entry, it could mean more content they have to let go and how much less appealing the game could seem to veteran fans who have been pampered with this current entry. With how lacking single-player has been for a decade, how outdated some of the oldest veterans' movesets are, and how it's been more about refining the current formula rather than adding much of significance to it, they could make the decision to "reboot" the series in some fashion. Maybe the series staples will get entirely brand new and expanded movesets, maybe there will be more of a story/platforming emphasis, and maybe we could see other radical gameplay changes to justify the otherwise smaller amount of content and make the development process more manageable (which Game Freak could learn a thing or two about).

To sum that scenario up, there could be a massive amount of cuts with a focus on bringing back the most important of characters while answering the DLC call for other veterans that would certainly get more demand than Isaac in my opinion, since it's the massive Smash fanbase as a whole who have gotten attached to the current roster versus the people who want this one character. In my eyes, the only way he could feasibly get in then is if Golden Sun had a new game around development time that they wanted to promote.

TL;DR, I like Isaac's chances for the most part, but depending on how much they wish to spend dev time reinventing the wheel with the series, it could make it harder for him to find his way in without a new game, regardless of his demand.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Kinda depends on if anything happens with the Golden Sun series before the next Smash game, whenever the hell that is.

If we get a successful GS game or 2 beforehand then Isaac might be a lock.

if Golden Sun is still kept chained up and neglected in Nintendo's basement up until Smash 6 then Isaac would absolutely NOT be a lock.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We're definitely up there. As far as fan demands go not a lot of characters are on Isaac's level, so we're probably on speed-dial so to speak. It basically depends on whether they want to add a more obscure fan favorite or how many fan characters they want to add. The longer we stay loud, the better our odds.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Anyone got tips on beating Garet's spirit board battle? Every part of the stage is on literal fire. And if that wasn't enough, Roy even has a fire flower in his hands lol.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We're definitely up there. As far as fan demands go not a lot of characters are on Isaac's level, so we're probably on speed-dial so to speak. It basically depends on whether they want to add a more obscure fan favorite or how many fan characters they want to add. The longer we stay loud, the better our odds.
Before we go on assuming that, it would help to get a sign that Camelot is doing some sort of new game at some point. It's not a good sign for a company when they can barely put out one game at all compared to their former output. And even then, even Next Level Games is healthier, just look at Luigi's Mansion 3!

At the least, fan momentum should be kept up for the next 10 years. It's a tall order, but I know that you lads can do it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Even if the next Smash game ends up being a reboot, they're still going to want to add new characters. It's not just going to be veterans.

So I think Isaac could still be in with a shot of they want to throw in a new older character and another "ballot" pick. Sakurai is aware of demand (and I don't believe he dislikes Isaac), so I feel like he'll probably try to include Isaac eventually if demand persists. (though I think Isaac is in danger if his demand falters, so that's why we need to keep supporting him and Golden Sun)

Obviously it would be a shame not to see Isaac in Ultimate since he wouldn't be able to fight everyone but really we should probably take whatever we can get. :p

Honestly I could see the sequel to Ultimate having less cuts than people expect, they're probably still be there of course but it does seem like people are expecting an apocalyptic level of cuts for the next game, which seems a bit dramatic to me.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Hellooo.

I've ingesting all things Golden Sun lately so I figured I'd have to pop in and say hi to this thread. I've been watching other people's play throughs and it's really got me itching to play the first two again. I'd be happy with just a port on the switch, although a re-imagining of the game into a more fully 3D RPG would be pretty nice also. I don't know when we'd see something like that if it even happens at all, seems we've got a lot of good games coming at the beginning of 2020, so maybe by next E3 we'll hear something. Fingers crossed.

Other than that. Happy Banjo got in, he was number 2 on my wishlist for Smash. I've been thinking about getting the Shantae games off the Nintendo store, they seem pretty fun.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys here’s the first fanart Golden sun comic I drew today. I’m heading back to work at the summer camp this week so I’ll do my best to get a couple more done by the end of next week. Make sure to read it right to left as it’s a manga one shot. It’s not fully complete yet but I gotta upload this now cause I’m off the internet for 5 days. Enjoy adepts!
CF78ECAC-26C3-46AF-BA67-32E723F9FAB8.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom