• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I'm hoping to do something special for my cosplay reveal. In fact this weekend I am scouring the town for the right locale for it

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'm still looking for people to help me do the fake Isaac Classic mode, if some of you are interrested.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
What is the fake Isaac Classic Mode idea?
Basically doing Smash fights with Isaac Mii and emulating a classic mode. So editing in the progression screen between fights etc.
I was thinking of redoing important battles of the first golden sun, so:
-Thieves (1 adult link and 2 smol links, maybe with an Ike and Robin as helpers 'cause at difficulty 5 it's a very rough fight)
- Tret (Ivysaur or PP)
-Saturos (Indigo Roy in Kalos league for mercury lighthouse)
-Mogal Forest Monkey boss (Green DK)
-Colosso (3 ennemies in a row, Marth, Chrom then Ike probably)
-Bonus stage
-Saturos and Menardi (Indigo Roy and either Zelda or F-Robin in red, I lean more toward a Zelda)
-Rathalos

Of course with items on field that fit each fight, so stuff like smoke bombs with the thieves, X-Bomb or fire flowers with saturos, smoke bombs and healing items in colosso, death scythes+X-Bombs for Saturos and Menardi.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Basically doing Smash fights with Isaac Mii and emulating a classic mode. So editing in the progression screen between fights etc.
I was thinking of redoing important battles of the first golden sun, so:
-Thieves (1 adult link and 2 smol links, maybe with an Ike and Robin as helpers 'cause at difficulty 5 it's a very rough fight)
- Tret (Ivysaur or PP)
-Saturos (Indigo Roy in Kalos league for mercury lighthouse)
-Mogal Forest Monkey boss (Green DK)
-Colosso (3 ennemies in a row, Marth, Chrom then Ike probably)
-Bonus stage
-Saturos and Menardi (Indigo Roy and either Zelda or F-Robin in red, I lean more toward a Zelda)
-Rathalos

Of course with items on field that fit each fight, so stuff like smoke bombs with the thieves, X-Bomb or fire flowers with saturos, smoke bombs and healing items in colosso, death scythes+X-Bombs for Saturos and Menardi.
That sounds like fun! What do you need help with on this? :)

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Well i'd need someone skilled with Mii Swordfighter to record the fights, it will probably take several records (since some stuff will be RNG dependant like what element will be triggered on Kalos League or if Zelda will pick a death scythe).
If I want to properly do "GAME!" screen after each fight i'll need for the person to pause the fight right before the ennemy is ejected (since you cannot save replays of fights against CPU) and place it similarly to what classic mode does.
I'll also need visuals of a fake classic mode name etc and a fake Isaac picture to put in place of the Mii portait next to his %
Right on the top of my head that's all I need.
Ah, and also a way for the fight against the 3 FE character to be fluid, since we can't program it so once one is defeated, another one spawn, it has to be 3 different matches. Though there is a mode where you keep your % in following matches.

Other offered to do it and we were looking for an editor, but nobody is available so I'll edit it myself.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well i'd need someone skilled with Mii Swordfighter to record the fights, it will probably take several records (since some stuff will be RNG dependant like what element will be triggered on Kalos League or if Zelda will pick a death scythe).
If I want to properly do "GAME!" screen after each fight i'll need for the person to pause the fight right before the ennemy is ejected (since you cannot save replays of fights against CPU) and place it similarly to what classic mode does.
I'll also need visuals of a fake classic mode name etc and a fake Isaac picture to put in place of the Mii portait next to his %
Right on the top of my head that's all I need.
Ah, and also a way for the fight against the 3 FE character to be fluid, since we can't program it so once one is defeated, another one spawn, it has to be 3 different matches. Though there is a mode where you keep your % in following matches.

Other offered to do it and we were looking for an editor, but nobody is available so I'll edit it myself.
If I can help with video recording I will be sure to! I'll know by Monday if I can as this week is the home stretch for the cosplay. If it goes well, I can walk across the finish line next week :)

(already varnishing most of the gold props, armour plate should be done saturday night)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Golden Sunday is in one week guys! It'd be appreciated if we can get as much people involved in this as possible, involvement could be as simple as a tweet explaining your love for the series with the obligatory #GoldenSunday hashtag. Looking forward to it =)

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Golden Sunday is in one week guys! It'd be appreciated if we can get as much people involved in this as possible, involvement could be as simple as a tweet explaining your love for the series with the obligatory #GoldenSunday hashtag. Looking forward to it =)
I will be sure to rock my Isaac Cosplay for it like Tetiro will.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Cosplaying god has spoken.

Hoping this Golden Sunday does better than the last.
Same here! It will be tough since it will be the same time Reggie retires too. It would be amazing if he’ll do a quick shoutout to Golden Sunday. Not likely he will, but man!

Also have a project almost ready for Golden Sunday. It was supposed to be done since January, but have been running into a ton of setbacks. If I can’t get it done, at least I have a backup project. This will be fun, regardless.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicLink125/status/1115036212803198976
Caught an epic moment of Isaac here!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I will be sure to rock my Isaac Cosplay for it like Tetiro will.
Cosplaying god has spoken.

Hoping this Golden Sunday does better than the last.
I finished the Isaac cosplay (minus wig) Friday night! I even took it to a Cosplaying Expo this weekend to outstanding results! People instantly recognized Isaac and thought it was so good. I'm usually one to shoot myself down on cosplays....there are a lot of better cosplayers out there...But my friend snapped a photo of me. I had a look and went "Holy C***. I look exactly like Isaac!". All the hard work really has paid off!

I have some minor alterations (for a better fit) but they are easy fixes (I lost weight! So the belt needs bringing in). I would do them today but I feel ill.

But man...I was worried about Golden Sunday and the outcome of the cosplay. I am no longer worried and pure excitement. You guys are in for a treat!

D

Deleted member

Gonna be playing The Lost Age in less than a month, I can't wait lol.

Though which game do y'all think is better, GS 1 or 2?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

GS1 generally has more linear design with a smaller map. You can generally tackle any dungeon you enter by the time you find it, with the only exception being the Lunpa fortress that requires cloak.

GS2 is more open and has a larger map, allowing you to decide which places to go. Unfortunately, there is a lot of locations that flat out require you to get an ability from another location that is on the other side of the sea, leading to a lot of backtracking as there is no form of fast travel early on. There is also a lot of dungeon with 0 bosses in them, and these dungeon can sometimes take a really long time to complete.

Overall, I think I like GS2 more, as there is a lot of content to explore, just beware that it can be kinda slow at times and it is very easy to get lost.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I would say TLA because Camelot updated a lot of stuff from GS and you can play both teams.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Definitely GS2: TLA. GS2 is probably one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Perfect amount of time and content for a JRPG, fun world to explore, more psynergy and summons, and characters to swap around near the end. It was what made GS1 great but more of it.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Definitely GS2: TLA. GS2 is probably one of my top 10 favorite games of all time. Perfect amount of time and content for a JRPG, fun world to explore, more psynergy and summons, and characters to swap around near the end. It was what made GS1 great but more of it.
I have to agree. GS1 was good but I loved the challenge and experience GS2 gave. It was a sequel in all the right places. I hope one day they will remake it!

SPEN18

Smash Champion

I actually liked GS1 better. It's a tighter, cleaner experience, and something you can more easily pick up and replay (whereas GS2 is more of an investment if you wanna complete everything). GS2's greater freedom and exploration does have its merits, though.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Good art, good alts!

Though the moveset seems a bit uninspired.
If it helps, his Smash attacks include Nettle, Growth, and Ragnarok. I wanted to use his iconic abilities from the series and make sure they function the way you think they would.

I'm sure you were expecting Djinn or something? I decided that they would work better as Items instead of a part of his moveset.

Smash Lord
Nice! Jenna was included in the promo for the next spirit event, good to see some Golden Sun love

ZelDan

Smash Master
Nice! Jenna was included in the promo for the next spirit event, good to see some Golden Sun love
A Staff user event it looks like.

As someone that already has all 1303 spirits, 100%ed WoL hard mode twice and doesn't even use spirits in multiplayer, these spirit events mean **** all to me.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Well, we got something leaked, and you know what that means:
Stage Builder has been confirmed! Prepare your GS stage ideas!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Venus Lighthouse is required!

Actually that's an idea. Maybe we could have a "For Fun" contest to make the best GS stage?

(Doing Cosplay Alterations for Golden Sunday this week. Plus redesigning the boot covers post-Sunday. And the introduction to my video is now done!)

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac's already in the game as a spirit, an assist trophy, and a mii costume

So why not just make Isaac into an entire stage?

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Sunday we will start a Twitch Plays Golden Sun, feel free to talk about it ! I wonder how Twitch will be able to deal with puzzles.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it helps, his Smash attacks include Nettle, Growth, and Ragnarok. I wanted to use his iconic abilities from the series and make sure they function the way you think they would.

I'm sure you were expecting Djinn or something? I decided that they would work better as Items instead of a part of his moveset.
Now I can totally imagine it!

Djinn and Summons could be saved for a Final Smash I would think?

Anyway great job!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
2 more days to go now! I'm especially pumped up for Twitch Plays Golden Sun(day).

I hope you all are ready!

Also wassup guys, long time.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hey someone posted some golden sun pins you could purchase here I remember there was a pin I wanted to buy because it was isaac does anyone know what I'm talking about

Smash Lord
Two days to go!
There is also a successfully set up "Twitch Plays Golden Sun" at 12AM GMT on the day

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I'm doing my Video Shoot tomorrow morning. Then all Saturday I am video editing it. The alterations are done (minus the pockets which aren't required for G.Sunday). I'm ret-2-go!!!

Also, is it possible to do a Permadeath run of Golden Sun?

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Video is almost done! First time doing a video too! All I need to do is the Epilogue which I will do when I get home. It's super easy now :)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hold on a second... today is the fourteenth... not the fifteenth.

That's the last time I listen to someone in the thread without double checking. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom