• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don’t know how Death Battle works, but if it’s a popularity contest we’d get bodied.

Or we use this as a chance to rally, flex our popularity muscles and show the world our might.

Probably the former though.
It's supposed to be about researching their abilities, rather than popularity.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's supposed to be about researching their abilities, rather than popularity.
Oh okay. In that case, it’d be fun.

Though I’d be expecting any possible outcome to end with ‘time travel until he beats the other guy’. Between that, and the titular Chrono Trigger, Crono is canonically OP.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Death battle is a great way to start. Hyun's dojo is also good considering it consists of a group of death battle animators that branched of into its own youtube channel.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Suggestions from DB eh?
Crono would probably wreck Isaac though... having played both... Crono is pretty strong. Not going to lie though I think it could be closer than I think.
But I think Crono would win that one.
Though it depends on what's allowed and not allowed I guess too that makes the choice more blurry depending.

Sometimes it's hard to find a decent combatant that wouldn't just steamroll the other (although DB has done pretty one-sided ones ie Flash vs Quicksilver).

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Winning or losing is hardly relevant, what's interresting is to have a well researched fight that shows both characters abilities.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Isaac making it to a Death Battle might be the best thing we can do for the "anime swordsman" thing. DB always does a great job of researching the characters, so I'm sure we'd see Isaac's full range of Psynergy represented, as well as summons, which could make for an interesting fight.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm sure we'll see a pretty faithful adaptation of Isaac. The only way they could do him wrong is if they don't do any research whatsoever, since a literal Google search will tell you that Isaac's got a lot.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Probably in 10 years. :4pacman:

Or at least sometime after the Switch eventually stops getting support.
This could be the console to get 2 Smash games, but if that happens expect it around the final years of the Switch.
I kinda wonder if ARMS really just isn't that important to Nintendo. Sakurai says the timing was bad and that may have been the case, but it also might be that ARMS has to prove itself a bit more before getting a full PC

We'll see if it gets a sequel
The ARMS devs have stated thay they did not want a character in Smash yet because the game/franchise is too new.
Yeah that's kinda what I was implying

K. Rool was almost assuredly the winner of the ballot

With Ridley and Simon, I still don't buy that they were specifically because of the ballot. I'm not saying Sakurai was lying; the ballot likely influenced the decisions. However, I think that both Ridley and Simon both would've made it without the ballot. Ridley only had feasibility issues, and if those were resolved he didn't need ballot support; moreover, there's evidence to suggest that RIdley was below a number of other characters like Isaac on the ballot due to his appearance as a boss in 4. Ridley was picked in part for the fans, but Sakurai's knowledge of his popularity mostly came from outside the ballot. Simon I generally see as a "Sak bias" kind of character, where he may have been moderately popular on the ballot, just enough for Sakurai to notice him. I definitely think that Simon was "mined" or "cherry-picked" so to speak, as there were almost certainly a load of other characters higher than him but for whatever reason Sakurai picked Simon's (probably) lower vote total. In terms of third parties only, idk how Castlevania could've beat out Banjo or Geno based on the evidence we have, and even if those two weren't feasible with IP rights, Rayman (who they already got as a Spirit) and Bomberman (who is notably also Konami) probably did at least as well as Castlevania, if not better. Perhaps even Shantae or Shovel Knight beat Castlevania, but I can see why they'd decide not to pick an indie, especially ones without huge JP support.
I'll remind everyone that Alucard was going to be over Simon originally. It could be that Alucard was picked before the ballot was seen or Alucard did get more votes for some reason.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I thought I should let you guys know this: I've started playing Golden Sun! I'm currently at Mercury Lighthouse, and I'm a little stuck on the room right after the first set of water pipes. I'm about to play some more to try and figure it out!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Death battle is a great way to start. Hyun's dojo is also good considering it consists of a group of death battle animators that branched of into its own youtube channel.
Does Hyun's Dojo take suggestions by any means? It would be definitely easier to get a One Minute Melee with Isaac in it then a full fledged Death Battle episode although I'm open to either

Kalaam

Smash Ace
That's a good idea Tetiro Tetiro ^^
I wonder if their powers are more or less equal... We should do our own DB like researchs on Isaac, so if they look it up they'd have less work :p

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I just hope if they rly pick Isaac, that they create an interesting fight. The worst fight I ever saw was Link vs Cloud where Cloud died because of freaking bombs...
I mean srsly guys? He survives a super nova, gets shot multiple times, endures broken magic and dies because of bombs?!

So yeah. Rex would be nice too. I just hope they will make an ending that I can be cool with lol.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I just hope if they rly pick Isaac, that they create an interesting fight. The worst fight I ever saw was Link vs Cloud where Cloud died because of freaking bombs...
I mean srsly guys? He survives a super nova, gets shot multiple times, endures broken magic and dies because of bombs?!

So yeah. Rex would be nice too. I just hope they will make an ending that I can be cool with lol.
I mean, ya know. Excalibur weakened him because he has evil inside of him and all. Like, we all know the jenova cells are still in him at the beginning of the game, where he is at his peak condition. And Jenova is clearly a demon, but from space, so that works right ?

EDIT: Here, saw that ?

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Does Hyun's Dojo take suggestions by any means? It would be definitely easier to get a One Minute Melee with Isaac in it then a full fledged Death Battle episode although I'm open to either
I'll get back to you on that. It's not in depth analysis stuff like death battle, but a start nonetheless! Albeit I think death battle is more optimal just so more people can learn about the Golden Sun series by watching said video.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Cosplay Update!

A skilled craftsman has offered to sculpt the spherical shapes on my belt buckle and armour plate. So I get more time to give attention to the rest of the cosplay.

It's on the up! Until the 14th however I am giving my full attention to the pyjamas I am making for my boyfriend. But when that is done, Isaac is priority #1!

On the 14th, I start work on Isaac's trousers. Then on the 18th I work on the tunic. Fingers crossed!

Also, it turns out I got the penthouse I was looking to get. So when I move in, Golden Sun: The Lost Age will be my first game played in the place. Purely coincidence!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So everyone got all the GS content in Ultimate by now? How quickly did you round it all up?

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
So everyone got all the GS content in Ultimate by now? How quickly did you round it all up?
It probably took me like 2 or so weeks, I needed to wait for some Spirits to show up on the Spirit Board. I got the Isaac costume pretty quickly, though.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the game because I don't have a Switch yet. But as soon as I get it I will try to focus on that for sure.

By the way guys, what other kind of GS merchandising would you be interested in?
I have been looking into making some notebooks maybe aside from the pins

Smash Lord
I got the Mii Costume in around four days and I have Mia, Felix, Ivan and Jenna. I've been pretty lazy regarding collecting spirits and playing World of Light. (lol I still didn't finish it yet) but recently I've been getting back into it and having a fun time

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I technically haven't had Jenna legit. Haven't fought her, she still hasn't appeared on the board, only in shops

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
It actually took me a while to get Isaac and his adult spirit because I got bored with World of Light pretty fast. It also didn’t help that his battle was in the final area. Unfortunately I never had any luck of getting him to appear in the shop or on the Spirit Board but I eventually got around to beating WoL after a month.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
meme part 1v2.png

meme part 2v2.png

I know, not the cleanest but I did what I can.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
It actually took me a while to get Isaac and his adult spirit because I got bored with World of Light pretty fast. It also didn’t help that his battle was in the final area. Unfortunately I never had any luck of getting him to appear in the shop or on the Spirit Board but I eventually got around to beating WoL after a month.
I got Isaac crazy fast thanks to fusing/summoning... so I had all the GS content before reaching the second area

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Took me about a week to get them all except for Isaac’s Spirit (+Adult Isaac) as I wanted to wait till I got extra spirits of Garet, Ivan and Mia to Summon Isaac twice. That took me a month to do. lol

I know, not the cleanest but I did what I can.
This is literally me! Lol

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Been thinking about future events. I like the idea of the art compendium, get together fans and have them draw something from Golden Sun. Fun part is they don’t have to be great at drawing. That’s not the point.

So I might try and figure out how to make that work.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I got Isaac crazy fast thanks to fusing/summoning... so I had all the GS content before reaching the second area
I just couldn’t sacrifice Mia. And she never popped up on the Spirit Board until after I got Isaac.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'm missing Ivan, Garet and Jenna; not because I did not find them, because they were very common in Anna's shop, but because I was lazy. And I didn't know that Isaac was summonable because I only got Mia after beating the final boss, where I did use Dark Dawn Isaac after obtaining and training GS1 Isaac on the final area.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Been thinking about future events. I like the idea of the art compendium, get together fans and have them draw something from Golden Sun. Fun part is they don’t have to be great at drawing. That’s not the point.

So I might try and figure out how to make that work.
Yeah at the moment we should be setting a timeframe and an appropriate date. I don't want it to get overshadowed by the next Golden Sunday in April.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think we should try to have an event every two months or so, to keep us continually relevant while not overwhelming people. It's important that people don't get annoyed with us, since the more people we tick off, the less people will eventually join our cause.

Rumors are that we get a Nintendo Direct next week! Exciting stuff, especially since this is the longest drought between general Nintendo Directs ever (though the Smash Direct helped[?] us get through it). I believe the general consensus is the 13th, but I personally bet it's on the 14th. Nintendo likes to do Directs on holidays every so often (they had one April 1st, 2015, announcing Lucas and the Smash Ballot), and the timing seems to line up. While I personally think we won't get any Golden Sun stuff until E3, it's possible we see something at this next Direct. What do you guys think?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I updated the google doc. Added a list and description of Isaac's djinns, along with an estimation of how resistant he is (used taking Judgment's attack as a reference)

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I think we should try to have an event every two months or so, to keep us continually relevant while not overwhelming people. It's important that people don't get annoyed with us, since the more people we tick off, the less people will eventually join our cause.

Rumors are that we get a Nintendo Direct next week! Exciting stuff, especially since this is the longest drought between general Nintendo Directs ever (though the Smash Direct helped[?] us get through it). I believe the general consensus is the 13th, but I personally bet it's on the 14th. Nintendo likes to do Directs on holidays every so often (they had one April 1st, 2015, announcing Lucas and the Smash Ballot), and the timing seems to line up. While I personally think we won't get any Golden Sun stuff until E3, it's possible we see something at this next Direct. What do you guys think?
*the speaker begins talking*

"So, I know how much the GS fans want a new Golden Sun game, so we've decided to scrap Animal Crossing for the Switch and replace it with Belinsk Crossing."

*silence for a few seconds before the speaker continues*

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I just woke up from a dream where Matthew was playable and it was the happiest I ever was. I saw him in the character select screen and was about to choose him when I woke up. Needless to say it was unfortunate that it was just a dream, but it just makes me want Isaac or really any golden sun rep in smash all the more now. Let’s never give up and make it happen!

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I just woke up from a dream where Matthew was playable and it was the happiest I ever was. I saw him in the character select screen and was about to choose him when I woke up. Needless to say it was unfortunate that it was just a dream, but it just makes me want Isaac it really any golden sun rep in smash all the more now. Let’s never give up and make it happen!
I voted for him in the ballet before I knew there was a campaign for isaac so I hope he actually shows up

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember how the original Golden Sun was announced for the Wii U virtual console? Was it like a segment in a direct announcing several ports or just a youtube video uploaded by Nintendo? Was there an accompanying tweet or anything?

Top Bottom