• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
You’re not fooling anyone dude, we’re going to continue to ignore you.

Anyway, with Ridley and K Rool in Ultimate, I like to think this is how things are going to play out.

EB6FB8E0-BAEF-421C-8528-D5F828266C34.jpeg

ZelDan

Smash Master
Okay so couple of things here.

1. Ignore the troll. Don’t bother responding to him. Just put him on ignore.

2. Is the only song we know of so far that Brawl remix shown with Isaac’s AT? If so that’s a little disappointing. It hasn’t changed at all has it? I mean I guess we wouldn’t know if there are anymore GS songs until the game releases.
Yeah The only song we know so far is the Felix/Doom Dragon remix. Wouldn't be surprised if the Weyard overworld theme from DD comes back too (haven't seen it officially back yet though.)

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thanks. That's what I assumed you meant, so that's why I wanted to make sure I made a correction. Trust me, if it was registered, we would've freaked out far more than we did. I believe I was the first one to point out the trademarks, but some people overreacted and thought it was an actual registered trademark, which it wasn't. It was just Nintendo laying claim to those names, but they hadn't put more legal backing behind any of them at that point in time.
At the very least could we use that to say that Nintendo might hypothetically have future plans for the series or Isaac as a playable character beyond just an assist trophy? The idea that the Golden Sun trademark was renewed so early just sounds so underwhelming if it were only for an assist trophy. At the very least, it could mean that Isaac was put in as an assist very late in the cycle as well.

D

Deleted member

You people are so, so delusional. Did you really think Isaac was "the second most popular character worldwide"? My god. How pathetic. He's a generic anime sword boy from a dead 20 year old jrpg nobody knows about
Hello, and thank you for joining us with that thoughtful and highly constructive argument.

You seem to be lost. GameFAQs is in the other direction.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Hello, and thank you for joining us with that thoughtful and highly constructive argument.

You seem to be lost. GameFAQs is in the other direction.
*Plays Shake it Off in my mind*

Silo777 Silo777 Found this on 4chan ironically in a thread denouncing Isaac lol. Here's hoping this is the worst case scenario.

Attachments

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just remember, if you believe a user to be trolling, just report it. Don't respond to the user. Don't talk about the user either. Just simply let the Moderation take care of it.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Given the change of page I am quoting this for those that haven't seen it. Please do share your opinions with me! I am not very experienced with pins and I would like the input

I am designing a Golden Sun ugly sweater! ( I love designing ugly sweaters) if anyone would be into that, I am making one for me, but I could print more ~

I also made this sketch for an enamel pin, since some of you voiced out you would like one. Please tell me your thoughts. The darker yellow would be gold in the finished piece, but I don't know if light yellow or black for the sun's details, I also chose some moves to represent each psynergy type but this is not definite, they can be changed or removed. Do let me know what you think, please!

Edit: Wording

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
*Plays Shake it Off in my mind*

Silo777 Silo777 Found this on 4chan ironically in a thread denouncing Isaac lol. Here's hoping this is the worst case scenario.
Im not surprised honestly, in fact I think we’re going to see a lot more hate. With big hitters like Ridley and K Rool gone, people have to turn to somebody else to fill their trolling itch. Isaac is the next choice, but we’ve heard it all before so it doesn’t really affect us.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At the very least could we use that to say that Nintendo might hypothetically have future plans for the series or Isaac as a playable character beyond just an assist trophy? The idea that the Golden Sun trademark was renewed so early just sounds so underwhelming if it were only for an assist trophy. At the very least, it could mean that Isaac was put in as an assist very late in the cycle as well.
Nintendo renewed a ton of things that could mean they were for spirits/AT's in Smash. But they also didn't renew things that have since been confirmed (Mario Golf and Custom Robo being notable ones). However, what they did renew was about a year ahead of when they needed to, and some of these trademarks have taken almost a year in the past to actually get applied. On the other hand, sometimes they take five months. So its really hard to say what it means.

Also, there's another weird thing with Japan's trademarks. See, Japan's trademarks last for ten years. But if you filed before sometime in 2006, it was 20 years. And if you filed sometime before 1996 it was 30, and similarly, sometime before 1986 it was actually 40. I have no idea why this was the case, but someone else I've been chatting with traced it back that far.

Basically, every ten years they reduced it by ten years, except in 2016 when of course it didn't need to be done.

Also, Nintendo of Japan doesn't "renew" trademarks. They file a new one. That might actually be the same thing in Japan, but I'm not sure. Either way, Golden Sun has 4 trademarks by Nintendo that are currently active in Japan (one of which is Golden Sun Dark Dawn). The main difference is usually the classification, because the classifications change over time, or they need to file for a new type of classification.

Here's how trademarks work: Its per country and per classification. Nintendo has filed some things for events or for things like controllers, in addition to actual software (the video game itself). Even in Europe is per country, but there's a way to file to everything in the European Union at once.

If you're suggesting Golden Sun was filed "extremely early", that's actually not true. Its only about a year, which is how long in advance all the other trademarks Nintendo Japan filed recently was.

The trademark renewal last year was a 6-year renewal for Golden Sun in the United States. The expiration date in Japan and the United States is 10 years, but after the first 5 years, you must file a continued use (this must be done by the 6th anniversary). In both instances, the expiration is calculated based on when the registration was accepted. For some reason, it took 2 years for Golden Sun's United States trademark to be accepted, so the continued use renewal was required in 2017. It was filed in 2009 and accepted in 2011, so six years is 2017.

https://www.upcounsel.com/trademark-expiration

The Japan trademark is in comparison to past Japan trademarks. The US trademark has NOTHING to do with it. The Japan trademark isn't really anything special, unfortunately. But I do think a new GS is in development for a number of other factors.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Given the change of page I am quoting this for those that haven't seen it. Please do share your opinions with me! I am not very experienced with pins and I would like the input
I like them so far! Having the 4 elements is a nice touch. Honestly, both of them would be great to have for those who would like one or the other. Like Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Lol

Been playing the game to bide my time till Ultimate comes out.

Edit: Gioka Gioka The two pins could also represent each one the Light and Dark psynergies. Wish we could learn more about those adepts in a future title.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

2. Is the only song we know of so far that Brawl remix shown with Isaac’s AT? If so that’s a little disappointing. It hasn’t changed at all has it? I mean I guess we wouldn’t know if there are anymore GS songs until the game releases.
so far, yes, that is the only song we know of.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I like them so far! Having the 4 elements is a nice touch. Honestly, both of them would be great to have for those who would like one or the other. Like Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Lol

Been playing the game to bide my time till Ultimate comes out.
I'd love that! Sadly the supplier I have found so far can only make minimum of 50 pieces by design and as tempting as it sounds I don't want to be swimming on pins ahaha specially since I want to make other kind of merch! I would love to help everyone having at least something fan made related to GS given the lack of official merch.

Nintendo renewed a ton of things that could mean they were for spirits/AT's in Smash. But they also didn't renew things that have since been confirmed (Mario Golf and Custom Robo being notable ones). However, what they did renew was about a year ahead of when they needed to, and some of these trademarks have taken almost a year in the past to actually get applied. On the other hand, sometimes they take five months. So its really hard to say what it means.

Also, there's another weird thing with Japan's trademarks. See, Japan's trademarks last for ten years. But if you filed before sometime in 2006, it was 20 years. And if you filed sometime before 1996 it was 30, and similarly, sometime before 1986 it was actually 40. I have no idea why this was the case, but someone else I've been chatting with traced it back that far.

Basically, every ten years they reduced it by ten years, except in 2016 when of course it didn't need to be done.

Also, Nintendo of Japan doesn't "renew" trademarks. They file a new one. That might actually be the same thing in Japan, but I'm not sure. Either way, Golden Sun has 4 trademarks by Nintendo that are currently active in Japan (one of which is Golden Sun Dark Dawn). The main difference is usually the classification, because the classifications change over time, or they need to file for a new type of classification.

Here's how trademarks work: Its per country and per classification. Nintendo has filed some things for events or for things like controllers, in addition to actual software (the video game itself). Even in Europe is per country, but there's a way to file to everything in the European Union at once.

If you're suggesting Golden Sun was filed "extremely early", that's actually not true. Its only about a year, which is how long in advance all the other trademarks Nintendo Japan filed recently was.

The trademark renewal last year was a 6-year renewal for Golden Sun in the United States. The expiration date in Japan and the United States is 10 years, but after the first 5 years, you must file a continued use (this must be done by the 6th anniversary). In both instances, the expiration is calculated based on when the registration was accepted. For some reason, it took 2 years for Golden Sun's United States trademark to be accepted, so the continued use renewal was required in 2017. It was filed in 2009 and accepted in 2011, so six years is 2017.

The Japan trademark is in comparison to past Japan trademarks. The US trademark has NOTHING to do with it. The Japan trademark isn't really anything special, unfortunately. But I do think a new GS is in development for a number of other factors.
Even if the trademark wasn't filed as early as some of us thought/say, I think it is also worth noting that Golden Sun was the only one of the filed trademarks that had changes in its terms, taking for example the others filed recently: Wrecking Crew, Mario Sluggers and Rhythm Heaven, all of which were supposedly set to expire in 2018 as their last trademarks were in 2008*, so Golden Sun would still be the only one renewed a year ahead.The change of terms included Downloadable Program, Portable Console, Home Console and Smartphones, which neither of the other's did, this is what I think points more to the possibility of something cooking up for GS, not only the dates. And we have now seen those are not necessary terms for Smash content after seeing Custom Robo represented by an AT (Same status Isaac currently has) and a Mii costume.

*I know Mario Sluggers and Rhythm Heaven were released in 2008, but I am not completely sure of Wrecking crew, I read it in one of the articles talking about the renovations.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thanks. That's what I assumed you meant, so that's why I wanted to make sure I made a correction. Trust me, if it was registered, we would've freaked out far more than we did. I believe I was the first one to point out the trademarks, but some people overreacted and thought it was an actual registered trademark, which it wasn't. It was just Nintendo laying claim to those names, but they hadn't put more legal backing behind any of them at that point in time.

That makes more sense, and it seems that the factors leading up to the recent trademark renewal do not seem anything too out of the ordinary based on what you said like the renewal differences in US vs Japan and going by what's stated on that website (anniversary renewals and what not). I still like to think the timing of the renewal may mean something, but honestly now it seems coincidental at most like with King K Rool's trademark.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Even if the trademark wasn't filed as early as some of us thought/say, I think it is also worth noting that Golden Sun was the only one of the filed trademarks that had changes in its terms, taking for example the others filed recently: Wrecking Crew, Mario Sluggers and Rhythm Heaven, all of which were supposedly set to expire in 2018 as their last trademarks were in 2008*, so Golden Sun would still be the only one renewed a year ahead.
You completely missed where I said that the expiration is based on the registration date. The registration date can sometimes be upwards of a year after the filing date. Even longer, sometimes, because the United States Golden Sun trademark filed in 2009 (for Dark Dawn) wasn't accepted until 2011.

Wrecking Crew was filed in 2008, but it wasn't registered until 2009. That was also for classification 41, which is for events. No idea why Nintendo filed that one, the last game-related filing was 2004 (which was for 20 years). This is in Japan. Also, the terms did update for Wrecking Crew. The 2004 entry for classification 9 is much longer than what the 2018 version looks like.

Dark Dawn's filing to registration was shorter. Its likely it is due to the trademark office wanting proof that Nintendo is still using the brand. So, for Dark Dawn, that proof came once the game got announced. It was accepted 2009/12. So this new 2018/8 filing is a year and 4 months in advance.

The change of terms included Downloadable Program, Portable Console, Home Console and Smartphones, which neither of the other's did, this is what I think points more to the possibility of something cooking up for GS, not only the dates. And we have now seen those are not necessary terms for Smash content after seeing Custom Robo represented by an AT (Same status Isaac currently has) and a Mii costume.
Here are the new terms for Wrecking Crew:
An electronic game program, a downloadable electronic game program, a video game program, a downloadable video game program, a ROM cartridge storing program software for home video game, a program for home video game machine, downloadable A program for a home video game machine, a storage medium storing a program for a home video game machine, a program for a portable electronic game machine, a downloadable program for a portable electronic game machine, a program for a portable electronic game machine A storage medium storing a program, a program for a commercial video game machine, a program for a commercial video game machine to be downloaded, a storage medium storing a program for a commercial video game machine, a case for a smartphone, a computer A downloadable computer software program, a computer program (stored), a smartphone program, a downloadable smartphone program, a recording medium storing a program for a smartphone, a recorded or recorded compact disc , Image files that can be received and saved using the Internet, music files that can be received and saved using the Internet, electronic publications
Here are the new terms for Golden Sun:
An electronic game program, a downloadable electronic game program, a video game program, a downloadable video game program, a ROM cartridge storing program software for home video game, a program for home video game machine, downloadable A program for a home video game machine, a storage medium storing a program for a home video game machine, a program for a portable electronic game machine, a downloadable program for a portable electronic game machine, a program for a portable electronic game machine A storage medium storing a program, a program for a commercial video game machine, a program for a commercial video game machine to be downloaded, a storage medium storing a program for a commercial video game machine, a case for a smartphone, a computer A downloadable computer software program, a computer program (stored), a smartphone program, a downloadable smartphone program, a recording medium storing a program for a smartphone, a recorded or recorded compact disc , Image files that can be received and saved using the Internet, music files that can be received and saved using the Internet, electronic publications

Most of these new trademarks look largely the same. Its possible its just that this specific period's classification 9 is identical in all instances... but I have my doubts on that. It seems like you can select specific things you want to include.

I certainly won't argue these trademarks mean nothing. But I just don't know what they mean.

Custom Robo's trademarks are owned by NOISE btw. However, Mario Golf was NOT filed, while Mario Tennis was (probably for Aces). If it was just for Smash, Mario Golf probably would've been filed as well. We already have confirmation of Mario Golf spirits.

F-Zero also includes a trademark classification for special events like esports, similar to Mario Golf and Smash Bros. So I really think strongly that there's an F-Zero game coming. I also think there's a Golden Sun game coming based on Camelot's current situation and lack of a new trademark filed for Mario Golf.

That said, the only thing I'm arguing against is the notion that the trademark for GS is anything special compared to the others.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
You completely missed where I said that the expiration is based on the registration date. The registration date can sometimes be upwards of a year after the filing date. Even longer, sometimes, because the United States Golden Sun trademark filed in 2009 (for Dark Dawn) wasn't accepted until 2011.

Wrecking Crew was filed in 2008, but it wasn't registered until 2009. That was also for classification 41, which is for events. No idea why Nintendo filed that one, the last game-related filing was 2004 (which was for 20 years). This is in Japan. Also, the terms did update for Wrecking Crew. The 2004 entry for classification 9 is much longer than what the 2018 version looks like.

Dark Dawn's filing to registration was shorter. Its likely it is due to the trademark office wanting proof that Nintendo is still using the brand. So, for Dark Dawn, that proof came once the game got announced. It was accepted 2009/12. So this new 2018/8 filing is a year and 4 months in advance.

Here are the new terms for Wrecking Crew:

Here are the new terms for Golden Sun:

Most of these new trademarks look largely the same. Its possible its just that this specific period's classification 9 is identical in all instances... but I have my doubts on that. It seems like you can select specific things you want to include.

I certainly won't argue these trademarks mean nothing. But I just don't know what they mean.

Custom Robo's trademarks are owned by NOISE btw. However, Mario Golf was NOT filed, while Mario Tennis was (probably for Aces). If it was just for Smash, Mario Golf probably would've been filed as well. We already have confirmation of Mario Golf spirits.

F-Zero also includes a trademark classification for special events like esports, similar to Mario Golf and Smash Bros. So I really think strongly that there's an F-Zero game coming. I also think there's a Golden Sun game coming based on Camelot's current situation and lack of a new trademark filed for Mario Golf.

That said, the only thing I'm arguing against is the notion that the trademark for GS is anything special compared to the others.
You are correct I missed the part of the registration. Was GS registrate on 2009 even if they filed it up the same year? Just curious.
Now that you point out WC also had it terms updated I am wondering just as you for the meaning then, I thought only GS was updated in terms which could mean something new, but I don't know if that would apply to WC to be honest.

Enlightening facts by the way, I love how I always learn new things around here

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You are correct I missed the part of the registration. Was GS registrate on 2009 even if they filed it up the same year? Just curious.
Now that you point out WC also had it terms updated I am wondering just as you for the meaning then, I thought only GS was updated in terms which could mean something new, but I don't know if that would apply to WC to be honest.

Enlightening facts by the way, I love how I always learn new things around here
Wrecking Crew is probably/possibly for the Nintendo Online NES Service and/or maybe Foreman Spike is a DLC fighter. That would be a crazy thing if Spike was a thing. Haha! Don't count on it though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wrecking Crew is probably/possibly for the Nintendo Online NES Service and/or maybe Foreman Spike is a DLC fighter. That would be a crazy thing if Spike was a thing. Haha! Don't count on it though.
Probably for NES online. But they renewed a bunch of "Wii" game titles as well.

However, it is notable that GS, Wrecking Crew, Rhythm Heaven, and Mario Super Sluggers were all renewed at the same time, a few months after Smash had it's logo filed and a bunch of random things.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I am designing a Golden Sun ugly sweater! ( I love designing ugly sweaters) if anyone would be into that, I am making one for me, but I could print more ~

I also made this sketch for an enamel pin, since some of you voiced out you would like one. Please tell me your thoughts. The darker yellow would be gold in the finished piece, but I don't know if light yellow or black for the sun's details, I also chose some moves to represent each psynergy type but this is not definite, they can be changed or removed. Do let me know what you think, please!

I think the the black detail for the sun looks nice, It kinda makes it stand out more. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it looks kinda
like a Golden Sun dream-catcher; which is awesome. Although I do think that the elements on the bottom looks a bit pixely. You could give each
element one specific color (Example: Growth = Green), but that's only a suggestion. Otherwise, it looks great! I would love one in gray if there is
one.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

Quick question, I don't suppose one could be done for in 2 weeks (and then be sent), could it? If so, black design for me! If not, I'll look somewhere else for some Golden Sun stuff to bring.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I take what he meant was to take it with a grain of salt. Still an interesting comment.
I was making a joke, I know what "Don't quote me" means. :laugh:
You’re not fooling anyone dude, we’re going to continue to ignore you.

Anyway, with Ridley and K Rool in Ultimate, I like to think this is how things are going to play out.

View attachment 178856
Big Reptiles > Camelot Kids

I see, I see...

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I’m wondering if sakurai was considering Isaac back in 2015 when the roster was decided. I don’t know how well he did on the ballot, but I’m wondering if he did good enough only to be brought back as an assist trophy, but then when the rathalos tweet came up, that’s when we hopefully got his attention and Nintendo’s as well. Do you guys think they finalized the dlc before that?

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Here’s the thing about that. I don’t mean to say that Shadow and Black Knight aren’t popular, but let’s take a look at that exit poll for a second.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=0

It’s almost like a ladder, isn’t it? Assuming this is somewhat accurate, Shadow placed 44th and Black Knight isn’t even on it. Notice that almost all the characters shown as assist trophies before Shadow were also before Shadow on the exit poll. It’s almost like the more popular you are, The earlier you’re shown.

Who is that one exception?

Isaac.
I didn't notice Batman was on there when I firat looked at it lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I’m wondering if sakurai was considering Isaac back in 2015 when the roster was decided. I don’t know how well he did on the ballot, but I’m wondering if he did good enough only to be brought back as an assist trophy, but then when the rathalos tweet came up, that’s when we hopefully got his attention and Nintendo’s as well. Do you guys think they finalized the dlc before that?
I blatantly think they planned more characters. I think Isaac was at least planned and partially developed, but they realized there wasn't enough time to do everything they wanted and add a third new franchise.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

I haven't heard of any, but we may get a couple more songs since the guy who made GS's music is working on Smash along with all the other people working on the soundtrack.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Castlevania aside, this Smash game only added one new Nintendo franchise with Inklings. So its not even a case of choosing other Nintendo franchises over Golden Sun. Just this game had a limited newcomer roster as the main priority was bringing back all the previous cut vets. I feel like if this was a usual smash with cuts and like 12 or so newcomers where Sakurai would introduce a few new Nintendo franchises then Isaac would have been more likely.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
"It is a project after all, so we take into consideration things like labor, man-hours, the time in which the title will be sold. We decide on the fighters from the very early planning stage, and from there, we calculate and begin production. We don’t add or remove any characters during the project. "

But other games are known to have had characters added and removed soo?? I'm confused but I don't think Sakurai is one to lie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"It is a project after all, so we take into consideration things like labor, man-hours, the time in which the title will be sold. We decide on the fighters from the very early planning stage, and from there, we calculate and begin production. We don’t add or remove any characters during the project. "

But other games are known to have had characters added and removed soo?? I'm confused but I don't think Sakurai is one to lie.
He just said they planned carefully this time, nothing weird about it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So basically... hope for Isaac being DLC then based off Sakurai’s recent interview? That seems to be the most likely option we have now.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

osby

Smash Obsessed
So basically... hope for Isaac being DLC then based off Sakurai’s recent interview? That seems to be the most likely option we have now.
Probably, yeah. Not that I thought he has much chance as DLC, I doubt he's a character Nintendo would suggest.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
https://www.gameinformer.com/interv...lant-spirits-and-20-years-of-super-smash-bros

I think this pretty much confirms Isaac was never in running. Sakurai says they didn't added or omitted any fighters after in the initial planning.
"Also, unlike some main characters from some (not widely known) franchises, Piranha Plant is a character everyone knows well. "

I have a feeling that this was addressed to GS, RH, AW or CR fans. He basically confirms that he didn't choose PP as wtf pick but because it's well known and stuff. And with that Isaac's chances decreased.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Castlevania aside, this Smash game only added one new Nintendo franchise with Inklings. So its not even a case of choosing other Nintendo franchises over Golden Sun. Just this game had a limited newcomer roster as the main priority was bringing back all the previous cut vets. I feel like if this was a usual smash with cuts and like 12 or so newcomers where Sakurai would introduce a few new Nintendo franchises then Isaac would have been more likely.
I thought it was called Ultimate cause they added Pirhana Plant? :lol:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Also, unlike some main characters from some (not widely known) franchises, Piranha Plant is a character everyone knows well. "

I have a feeling that this was addressed to GS, RH, AW or CR fans. He basically confirms that he didn't choose PP as wtf pick but because it's well known and stuff. And with that Isaac's chances decreased.
"Wft pick" was a stupid term anyway. Glad Sakurai destroyed it.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Sakurai wouldn't come out and say, 'This is our wtf pick!' though lol. And his stance on Pirahna Plant is likely similarly to how he felt about Wii Fit trainer. A character no one saw coming and a 'fun new thing to create'. Basically if Sakurai can imagine how a character works in his head, anything is possible despite not being the typical fighter included. Fandom may consider that 'wtf' but I don't expect Sakurai to use terms like that.

Also Golden Sun is widely known, Golden Sunday wouldn't have been as big of a success otherwise if no one knew about said franchise to care enough to bring it back in the first place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom