• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Best bet is to make Isaac some kind of meme, or to relay this information to an author of a popular manga. If it's not transmigrated into something Sakurai can either understand or be fond of, Isaac has 0% chance of getting into Smash Ultimate as part of some kind of hypothetical DLC/fighter pass 2. I think Isaac even has a worse chance than most DLC because of the general fatigue of Sword users (sadly). The only way I see Isaac becoming a fighter is if Fighter Pass 2 emerges and if it's based strictly on fan popularity/votes, and that would all be contingent on the success of Smash Bros on the switch and the lifespan of the console.

Luckily, there is one thing to be hopeful for, and that's the fact that Ultimate is being released less than a year into the Switch consoles lifespan. Which would mean, if current sales hold, and given the fact there is no modern handheld alternative, it's likely that the Switch will be in the market till at least 2021-2ish.
I could see a scenario with a Fighter Pass 2 that would be based solely on fan interest to hype the game till the end of the consoles lifespan. Since micro-transactions and cloud storage seem to be the future, I could also see Ultimate transitioning into Smash 6, being simply a port with additional fighters/stages, because things are becoming more ephemeralized, and physical consoles are on there way out soon . Sakurai has made it very clear that he is tired of this game, but it's one of Nintendo's best sellers, so it'll likely be around for at the very least to make money off paid DLC in the future.
Nothing really screams at Isaac that's meme worthy since those things just tend to happen on it's own. Ridley being too big, Chrom's quote about getting his chance another day, Roy a cut character portrayed as desperate to get his job spot back etc. only thing Isaac has currently is being grouped as the laughing stock along with other popular assists. Though I think one of the unique things Isaac has going for him post final direct is his relationship with the Pirahna plant, there's been some fan art of that but I don't know if that'll blow up into something big in the Smash community.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree with this. I don't think a forum is a great idea in general. Discord and Reddit can handle this well enough.
Yeah realistically it is best we do that. That’s going to help raise our numbers given how universal those sites are.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
:(

Ah, I guess you guys are right. In that case, I’ll make the Reddit forum, then.

I’ll still keep the forum though. Just in case.

Salocin

Smash Rookie
I feel like Isaac’s giant hand while using Move could potentially be memed, but I’m not sure.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Nothing really screams at Isaac that's meme worthy since those things just tend to happen on it's own. Ridley being too big, Chrom's quote about getting his chance another day, Roy a cut character portrayed as desperate to get his job spot back etc. only thing Isaac has currently is being grouped as the laughing stock along with other popular assists. Though I think one of the unique things Isaac has going for him post final direct is his relationship with the Pirahna plant, there's been some fan art of that but I don't know if that'll blow up into something big in the Smash community.
Characters became memes because they were funny. And some became funny because they were depicted as things they are not.

Ridley have been depicted as a normal man trying to get a job, instead of a psychopathic space dragon.

Roy and Chrom were depicted as desperate.

However, Isaac is currently depicted as a nice boy who love plants. That's not funny.

If I wanted to push Isaac as a meme, I would draw him not like he really is. I would draw him as a guy who try desperately to show his sword skills to his swordfighter peers, but him being really bad at that, with a behavior and a style near Roy in Brawl in family. Or I would make him break things and hurt people because of clumsiness with his psynergies.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do forced memes work?

Wouldn't it be like forcing someone to laugh at a joke?
Make it natural by putting Isaac into as many pre-existing memes as possible, eventually turning "meme with Isaac" into a meme of its own. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Make it natural by putting Isaac into as many pre-existing memes as possible, eventually turning "meme with Isaac" into a meme of its own. :p
Ha, it's times like these having a memoryman of our own would come in handy.

That's about it though. :laugh:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We already have a meme, and his name is Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson.

(Seriously though, if that catches on, it will be great for the cause)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

That's about it though. :laugh:
Um... There is a memoryman for Isaac. mew2ds on GameFAQs is pretty nutty.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I always thought one of memoryman's most defining traits was his ability to be so terrible that he turned otherwise impartial observers against the very character he loved.

So yeah, if there's one thing you all want to avoid at all costs, it's becoming a memoryman. :p

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Sakurai just tweeted saying all the dlc for smash ultimate was decided by Nintendo, not by him...so I guess we should just expect fire emblem and pokemon reps? Lol

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
That's some kind of inception here.

No, honestly I don't believe Isaac or anything Golden Sun can become a real meme so to speak.

However, I strongly believe there's a possibility to him becoming a more well known character by making him the protagonist of a recurrent comic where he is the rookie, the bad trainee trying to get into the playable roster. Something like BitF.
Give him some rookie friends like Waluigi, give him some recurrent mentors like Robin or Ivysaur, and put sometimes some jokes about "anime swordsman" (autoderision).

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Are we still talking about Isaac memes? I just saw him inserted into the "Lie down, try not to cry, cry a lot" meme on Twitter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
So it sounds like Sakurai’s likely hitting us with that sick third party, third party, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, third party combo.

That’s cool though, I always pictured the second wave being where the good **** comes in.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Nintendo themselves picked the fighters? I'd have to guess that lowers some third parties character's shots a bit. As they'd obviously want to emphasize their own IP. Unless they're all third parties for business relations.

Sounds like if we're getting golden sun representation, it'd be Matthew to tie into a GS4. Assuming that it's happening. There's actually quite a lot of circumstantial evidence to support the idea of golden sun 4 happening soon-ish. So I'm gonna cross my fingers that we hear something in the next direct. If we do, we're probably getting a rep for promotion. Otherwise, let's hope for a season 2.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So... Banjo Kazooie, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Elma, and Isaac? That’d be awesome based off Sakurai’s tweets, but it depends on if Nintendo even knows about Isaac...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oof, you guys...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77177558

Looks like it's 100% confirmed that Sakurai preplanned this dlc during the project plan...

There's no way Isaac will be getting in the first wave of dlc, maybe the second one if there is one...?
No, its not 100% confirmed Sakurai preplanned the DLC. That's completely stupid and ridiculous, and if you actually read what was tweeted, not at all what was said.

Sakurai said that the DLC is planned right now, Nintendo gave him a list, and Sakurai picked from that list. The project plan for the base roster of the game =/= the project plan for DLC. These are two different things.

Now, it being brought up by Nintendo can still benefit Isaac if a new Golden Sun game is in development. If a new GS is in development, and Isaac did extremely well on the ballot (which would be why it is in development most likely), Nintendo would probably want to take advantage of that and have both the game release planned and Isaac as Smash DLC to connect everything together. So I don't think its out of the question at all that Isaac could still be DLC.

Right now, there's just not enough info to go on. Could it all be third-party characters to try and attract attention to Switch? Yes, its possible. But its just as likely that Nintendo may use the ballot to try and make games for franchises fans want, and tie it in with a Smash character.

Nintendo themselves picked the fighters? I'd have to guess that lowers some third parties character's shots a bit. As they'd obviously want to emphasize their own IP. Unless they're all third parties for business relations.

Sounds like if we're getting golden sun representation, it'd be Matthew to tie into a GS4. Assuming that it's happening. There's actually quite a lot of circumstantial evidence to support the idea of golden sun 4 happening soon-ish. So I'm gonna cross my fingers that we hear something in the next direct. If we do, we're probably getting a rep for promotion. Otherwise, let's hope for a season 2.
I kinda agree that this reduces the odds for specific third-party characters. However, Banjo is extremely reasonable to think, as they might use it as promotion. Banjo getting in Smash is promotion for Rare and MS, but they can leverage it and say "let us include Banjo games in N64 Classic Mini" for example. So Banjo can work both ways.

However, characters that don't benefit Nintendo at all are not all that likely. And I think this goes back to the idea of a Granblue character, which has nothing to do with Nintendo at all and doesn't benefit Nintendo in any way, shape, or form. The protagonist of Dragalia Lost would be far more likely.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Alright, guys. I'm back at it again.

I decided to try my hand at coding again and created a forum called Operation Golden Sunrise (I didn't know what name we all decided on).

It's still in the rough stages of development, but it's stable enough to house in a few members and posts. The forum is organized similar to the Discord server, so it shouldn't be too hard to navigate through. I also added a few links to all other Golden-Sun related sites.

You can find the forum here.

What do you guys think so far?
Looking good though I have the same concerns as pointed above on the account creation because people are very lazy so unless we can connect to an existing account, I think our best bet is the specific subreddit, that being said, I like it and if we go with the forum we would need to incorporate it to the final website as to avoid people having to remember multiple links
Hello everyone,

Like I previously said, I did a mockup of the idea I had in my mind about the potential showcase website we would need for the operation.

Before going in, remember it's only a mockup to get a raw idea. There's a lot of things to precise before its content will be ready (color themes, text content, etc.), and even more before we put it for real on the web (what tool do we use, where to host it, the domain name).

There it is:
https://sites.google.com/view/operation-golden-sunrise/

A few notes on the design and the content:
  • Color themes will need to be chosen, however I'm already pleased with the general look of different parts with different colors. I'm really feeling we should keep the same look-and-feel.
  • Artworks and videos are here as example. We will have to ask the permission to use them before going live.
  • In my mind, the "fan content" part near the bottom would be a carousel with randomized content picked in a defined list
  • I could see the "join us" part beoing static, always visible on the top of everything else. We could add a Twitter thread of a specific account or a specific hashtag.
  • I also could see a little music player, with 3 or 4 selected and authorized remixes made by fans
  • If we want to get further, we could use some styling effects, like a "parallax effect" in it too. Or a mouse one on some pictures.
  • Ideally, we want it to be multilingual. European languages because Isaac is especially strong in Europe. And Japanese would be a strong addition.
  • Last point, we need a strong search engine optimization (SEO) to be well referenced in Google and such.
The live website won't use Google website, because it's not customizable enough. The tool we will use to make it real, the hosting service and the domain name will come in a second time (and knowing who will do all of this too). For now, your feedback is appreciated.

(BTW, to those who ask why there's latin everywhere, see this.)
Languages is another good reason for using Wordpress as they have some plugins that offer good translations. I understand your mockup and I like the idea of adding fan content to it (as I previously pointed we could even add a section of the Outstanding creator of the month, or that kind of stuff to keep people engaged), it needs design work though, right not it has a too generic feel and we want people to be able to remember it by causing an impact and for that we have to pick a style oh how we want to approach people. For example:
Operation Moonfall had this kind of imagery for their movement

So they went for solid colors, a defined color palette, a cohesive and easy to read couple of fonts and two symbols (The Majora's Mask itself and the Moon falling) so we need to define an image if we want to be easy to remember. At least that's what I think, then again I am more design/art oriented so I might be biased.
By the way I thought I would share this here as it is a success story of fans vs Nintendo
https://www.pcworld.com/article/202...n-campaign-brought-nintendo-to-its-knees.html

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sakurai’s tweet was quite telling. We should be careful moving forward with regards to Smash.

1. DLC roster is finalized and basically brought up by Nintendo. Isaac has no chance unless there’s a second wave of DLC.

2. He’s/They’re getting annoyed by the flood of requests. To the point where he straight up said they’re not looking for feedback.

If you want my honest opinion guys, I think we should back off a bit. I’m not saying give up, but let’s not look like a toxic fan base. We’ll continue to support the idea of Isaac in Smash and especially Golden Sun in general, but try to not spam Sakurai and his team about it.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
There's no way Isaac will be getting in the first wave of dlc, maybe the second one if there is one...?
I think that it has always been what we expected. What we need is a second wave, if there's one, and we need to be visible before it hits the selection stage.

However, like Jaidyn said, we have a slight chance that a Golden Sun is indeed in preparation, and that would be a nice time to get Isaac.

If Sakurai indeed got an open list and picked 5 characters of it, I believe it increase our chances. Everything depends on the number of third parties, who would be probably locked picks, decreasing the number of first parties picks.

D

Deleted member

No, its not 100% confirmed Sakurai preplanned the DLC. That's completely stupid and ridiculous, and if you actually read what was tweeted, not at all what was said.

Sakurai said that the DLC is planned right now, Nintendo gave him a list, and Sakurai picked from that list. The project plan for the base roster of the game =/= the project plan for DLC. These are two different things.

Now, it being brought up by Nintendo can still benefit Isaac if a new Golden Sun game is in development. If a new GS is in development, and Isaac did extremely well on the ballot (which would be why it is in development most likely), Nintendo would probably want to take advantage of that and have both the game release planned and Isaac as Smash DLC to connect everything together. So I don't think its out of the question at all that Isaac could still be DLC.

Right now, there's just not enough info to go on. Could it all be third-party characters to try and attract attention to Switch? Yes, its possible. But its just as likely that Nintendo may use the ballot to try and make games for franchises fans want, and tie it in with a Smash character.

I kinda agree that this reduces the odds for specific third-party characters. However, Banjo is extremely reasonable to think, as they might use it as promotion. Banjo getting in Smash is promotion for Rare and MS, but they can leverage it and say "let us include Banjo games in N64 Classic Mini" for example. So Banjo can work both ways.

However, characters that don't benefit Nintendo at all are not all that likely. And I think this goes back to the idea of a Granblue character, which has nothing to do with Nintendo at all and doesn't benefit Nintendo in any way, shape, or form. The protagonist of Dragalia Lost would be far more likely.
The way the tweet is worded makes me worried, though.

We know there are two possibilities: Sakurai doesn't think about DLC until he finishes the main game, or the DLC was preplanned during the project plan

If he says the DLC lineup is finalised, it could mean that he decided the roster back in 2015 and just hasn't worked on any of them until now, because this means he definitely at least thought about them before he finished the main game. That only leaves the other possibility: that he decided the roster in 2015

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
At least that's what I think, then again I am more design/art oriented so I might be biased.
I'm totally with you on this one, but I'm no designer. Someone else will have to do this, maybe you?

If you want my honest opinion guys, I think we should back off a bit. I’m not saying give up, but let’s not look like a toxic fan base. We’ll continue to support the idea of Isaac in Smash and especially Golden Sun in general, but try to not spam Sakurai and his team about it.
I agree with you but, honestly, since the start of the idea of this operation, what I think we should aim is recognition from the fan base, not from Nintendo. Nintendo will follow.

However, you're right, these tweets make me wonder if we shouldn't just refocus the operation on getting a new Golden Sun, more than "Isaac for Smash"... It will feel different for Nintendo, meanwhile we could still surf on the wave of Smash content.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
1. DLC roster is finalized and basically brought up by Nintendo. Isaac has no chance unless there’s a second wave of DLC.
The DLC roster is finalized. That doesn't mean anything, though. There's too many unknown variables to jump to conclusions.

2. He’s/They’re getting annoyed by the flood of requests. To the point where he straight up said they’re not looking for feedback.
And this is also basically guaranteed to be the case.

We've already told people not to tweet Sakurai directly but people still do it. We can't control what everyone does. The main thing we've agreed on going forward is to focus on the series in general rather than Smash, which would be directed at Sakurai, but again, random people will still do their own thing, and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

We know there are two possibilities: Sakurai doesn't think about DLC until he finishes the main game, or the DLC was preplanned during the project plan
No, there is only one possibility. The DLC was NEVER preplanned during the project plan. Do you realize just how ridiculous that sounds? You can't preplan everything from the start, there's too many variables to consider. And based on evidence we've seen, the game was definitely rushed, and some things got changed. Isabelle appears to have been upped from an Echo and made a tad bit more original. Robin's FS wasn't changed, likely meaning Chrom was a very late addition (probably due to cuts from the base roster).

What probably happened is these cuts happened late, and they started talking about DLC, and Nintendo chose characters to include. Some likely based on cuts and others not. This could literally be anyone.

If he says the DLC lineup is finalised, it could mean that he decided the roster back in 2015 and just hasn't worked on any of them until now, because this means he definitely at least thought about them before he finished the main game. That only leaves the other possibility: that he decided the roster in 2015
The DLC lineup was finalized within the past few months, and Nintendo themselves brought a list to him. Sakurai chooses the base project plan, so its very clear this is NOT the same thing.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Sakurai's tweets are a bit discouraging but I think we all knew Isaac's chances were low for wave 1. If there's a wave 2, that's where he might have a shot.

However, we don't know when Nintendo sent Sakurai the list of DLC candidates. If it was recently, then maybe there's a chance that they noticed all the buzz around Isaac/Golden Sun and included, say, Matthew. So don't let this news get you down. Let's go ahead with Golden Sunday but tone down the tweets to Sakurai so we don't overwhelm him.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Can't help but feel at least slightly responsible for Sakurai's...what sounds like annoyance in his second tweet. When I saw it in english, I thought for certain someone was impersonating him again. Till I read it over a couple times. It hit me that I was in a huge thread discussing the prospect of Isaac. One which was in reply's to a post under a sakurai comment, in which everyone involved forgot to untag sakurai in the direct replies. Yeah he probably despises me and a couple others now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sakurai's tweets are a bit discouraging but I think we all knew Isaac's chances were low for wave 1. If there's a wave 2, that's where he might have a shot.

However, we don't know when Nintendo sent Sakurai the list of DLC candidates. If it was recently, then maybe there's a chance that they noticed all the buzz around Isaac/Golden Sun and included, say, Matthew. So don't let this news get you down. Let's go ahead with Golden Sunday but tone down the tweets to Sakurai so we don't overwhelm him.
I actually disagree on this. The ballot is the best thing that helps Isaac. I think the best chance of Isaac being in is if Nintendo saw how big Isaac was in the ballot, told Camelot and asked them to start working on a new GS (they worked on the Tennis games on the side while slowly building up to GS), and Nintendo wants Isaac in Smash to tie in with a new GS game. That's probably the best bet for Isaac. (He could've been planned for base as well, and when that didn't work out, got turned into an Assist.)

Odds are the DLC has probably been finalized for at least the past couple of months, but they've probably been discussing it since the final roster was laid out, which was most likely pre-E3.

Oh, and Geno is probably completely dead as an option now. Geno does not benefit Nintendo in any way, shape, or form. Isaac could if they're working on a new GS game though.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Sakurai’s tweet was quite telling. We should be careful moving forward with regards to Smash.

I agree in having a more careful approach in terms of Isaac for Smash, we should shift focus to Golden Sun revival for a bit so we don't look spammy or toxic. We need to pass the idea of stopping tagging / replying to Sakurai with what we want, if their team decided to tweet in English then indeed he is getting a lot of requests and he just can't keep up with them (because well, it has been that way during the whole speculation so it must be tiring), we have made our point clear this days after the direct, he DEFINITELY HAS to know right now that the demand for Isaac is real.

I don't think that is what the wording implies, he is just saying Nintendo gave him a list and he decided which characters were feasible from the list, there is not time involved and given how he is posting that now it most likely means they are just ready to start the development phase

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Rathalos pic and the renewed trademark are a lot closer than I remembered. August 8th and 24th respectively, only 16 days apart. By the time of the renewal, Isaac’s support had been kicked into overdrive from this one picture. Heck, look at the replies! I’m suggesting the reaction to the Rathalos pic might’ve been the cause of the trademark. The fact they are so close together, in my eyes, is a bit too coincidental.

If true, this leaves us with a couple scenarios.

1: The picture was an intentional reference by Sakurai to see if the support for Isaac would hold up so it would be worth it to make him DLC. Of all the ballot front runners, it makes sense he’d do this with Isaac, as he might not have been confident he was still wanted even now.

2: The Rathalos pic wasn’t an intentional reference, but the fact that fans were able to make that reach and recognize it, with massive support, convinced Sakurai to start working on Isaac as DLC. This one makes the most sense to me, as Isaac’s AT was most likely already made. This could be the push Sakurai needed to upgrade him.

3: The Rathalos pic was not an intended reference, but the overwhelming support sparked Camelot themselves to make a move, meaning the trademark is for a new game.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally with you on this one, but I'm no designer. Someone else will have to do this, maybe you?
Yes, I have no problem in helping in that front! I'd be glad to contribute as much as I can to the Golden Sun revival

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I’m not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Rathalos pic and the renewed trademark are a lot closer than I remembered. August 8th and 24th respectively, only 16 days apart. By the time of the renewal, Isaac’s support had been kicked into overdrive from this one picture. Heck, look at the replies! I’m suggesting the reaction to the Rathalos pic might’ve been the cause of the trademark. The fact they are so close together, in my eyes, is a bit too coincidental.

If true, this leaves us with a couple scenarios.

1: The picture was an intentional reference by Sakurai to see if the support for Isaac would hold up so it would be worth it to make him DLC. Of all the ballot front runners, it makes sense he’d do this with Isaac, as he might not have been confident he was still wanted even now.

2: The Rathalos pic wasn’t an intentional reference, but the fact that fans were able to make that reach and recognize it, with massive support, convinced Sakurai to start working on Isaac as DLC. This one makes the most sense to me, as Isaac’s AT was most likely already made. This could be the push Sakurai needed to upgrade him.

3: The Rathalos pic was not an intended reference, but the overwhelming support sparked Camelot themselves to make a move, meaning the trademark is for a new game.
You're missing an option.

4. The picture was an intentional reference by Sakurai. They already decided Isaac as DLC by that point, and the trademark coming out a couple weeks later was because they were still working out a plan, but the tweet had nothing to do with raising support or anything but was merely a teaser.

There's little chance they decided on a character in two weeks. More likely, the process for the filing just took a bit of time.

Either way, as we already knew, there's nothing we can do about Isaac DLC for Smash at this point. Our focus should be on supporting the series in general.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I think that it has always been what we expected. What we need is a second wave, if there's one, and we need to be visible before it hits the selection stage.

However, like Jaidyn said, we have a slight chance that a Golden Sun is indeed in preparation, and that would be a nice time to get Isaac.

If Sakurai indeed got an open list and picked 5 characters of it, I believe it increase our chances. Everything depends on the number of third parties, who would be probably locked picks, decreasing the number of first parties picks.
I’d argue that it decreases our chances. It all hinges on your theory that a Golden Sun is in development. But we don’t know that.

And even if a Golden Sun were in development I can assure you Isaac would not be an AT right now. He’d been in the base roster right now.

Why do I say this?

Because since Melee Nintendo loves to put characters in to hype future games. Roy’s game came out the year after Melee released.
Hell, even Greninja is proof of this.

There’s only one other option that is still in our favor. And even then I don’t think it’s likely.

Golden Sun 4. If Golden Sun 4 is currently in development then we could see the MC of that game be DLC.

This pretty much seals the deal on Isaac, however. The only other option is a second wave of DLC. But that’s 2020 MAYBE. A good long while from now.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I am a realist. My optimism only goes so far, especially with regards to this. But as it stands, with this bombshell, it kills ANY and ALL hope that Isaac is planned for DLC. He isn’t.

Sigh.

Sorry. Now I feel like a ****, but I had to say something. I don’t want to feed false optimism. Especially with what we dealt with leading up to the direct.

That being said, it doesn’t completely rule out the possibility of GS remakes. It just means Nintendo didn’t see Isaac as a priority. And delegated him to AT Status.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I'd say keep going tbh. They may not 'want feedback' but as a gaming company they should "take feedback"

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice

Honestly I think Nintendo kinda told Sakurai who to add to the base roster for the most part. Sure K.Rool got in because of the ballot, but besides that it looks similar to smash 4's roster choices (characters getting in because they are relevant at the time of development). Also Nintendo has some stocks in Cygames (the company behind Grand Blue Fantasy and Dragalia Lost). The game is also stupid popular in Japan. She is actually more likely than you think

Top Bottom