• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
We got something. People may disregard it, but we did make a difference.

We might've been vocal and we did a good job of keeping Isaac popular, but we were never promised anything. Entitlement is only justified if we were owed something, but we never were. No fanbase is owed their character. All we were ever doing was campaigning, and we put forth a great effort, but most campaigns don't end in total success.
Agreed, it can be hard to see on a day like today, but we did accomplish something guys. Might not have been what we were hoping for, but we did get Isaac back in the game and have increased his popularity ten-fold. Just look at all the people in the thread, this is what the K.Rool and Ridley thread looked like.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, I'm sorry guys... Looks like you got the same treatment as we did (Skull Kid). The difference being at least Isaac was even recognized. Skull Kid was quite literally thrown into the list haphazardly on the site update, lol.

Not a whole lot can really be said right now I don't think. At the end of the day, I still think the game is going to be fantastic; it's just proof that we REALLY have no idea what goes through Sakurai's mind I guess.

Keep advocating and stay strong I guess :)

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Guys, it's worth pointing out that with the new AT and spirits, so many characters are disconfirmed that it makes me wonder where they'd take a DLC roster. Will they just go grab random third parties, or perhaps could they be looking to see popular characters now?

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be fighting for Golden Sun, for Isaac, Felix and Matthew into the DLC. Even if it's a fruitless endeavour, it's better than sitting in my seat doing nothing. This game is still going to be an absolute blast to play when it comes out and I doubt they've even picked their five DLC characters given no work's been started on them yet.

I'm just saying, don't give up too soon. But also, Nintendo needs a new marketing director because they really strung a lot of fanbases along.
I know you have a bigger “fan base” I’m just a nobody that loves Golden Sun. But please help me with this Billy https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2/with_replies

Maybe it’s not fair of me to ask for your help. I just... I don’t want to give up. And yeah we can try our damndest to get Isaac in Smash or maybe even Felix or Mathew. But that’s not what I want. I wanted Isaac. The rest of the cast seems like a pipe dream at this point. So my efforts are mainly going to be spent just talking about Golden Sun. Smash is no longer a part of the picture for me.

... sigh... maybe I’m in over my head. But I’ve never been happier here. Talking about Golden Sun with you lot. My friends, my family they don’t know a damned thing about Golden Sun.

“Oh it’s that silly game that Ivan likes.” Thats all it is to them. But it’s more than that to me.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Guys, it's worth pointing out that with the new AT and spirits, so many characters are disconfirmed that it makes me wonder where they'd take a DLC roster. Will they just go grab random third parties, or perhaps could they be looking to see popular characters now?

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be fighting for Golden Sun, for Isaac, Felix and Matthew into the DLC. Even if it's a fruitless endeavour, it's better than sitting in my seat doing nothing. This game is still going to be an absolute blast to play when it comes out and I doubt they've even picked their five DLC characters given no work's been started on them yet.

I'm just saying, don't give up too soon. But also, Nintendo needs a new marketing director because they really strung a lot of fanbases along.
Pretty much.

I mentioned this before, but I wouldn't have felt much bad at all had Isaac been shown as an AT back at the earlier directs alongside the other popular de-confirmed characters. It would have been still disappointing but easier to move on from.

How they handled it however....really feels malicious.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Guys, vote for Isaac in the Ballot 2.0. K.Rool and Ridley made it that way. It's going to be hard but we need to think in Smash 6
Why so they can make him an assist again, and then add a Goomba as a playable character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yall called Waluigi fans salty lol. I hope none of you ever bullied a Waluigi fan for still having hope after his assist trophy reveal.
It's not really fair to judge anybody on lasting reaction based on snap responses.

Getting passionate in the moment, for better or for worse, is something that ties all fanbases together. Especially sizeable ones.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I used to hate Waluigi but I actually like him a lot now, even though I'm not an active supporter of his and probably won't be. Watching the Hallelujah video of his made me really sad.

But anyway, what is the next step?
What you guys doin?

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, I'm sorry guys... Looks like you got the same treatment as we did (Skull Kid). The difference being at least Isaac was even recognized. Skull Kid was quite literally thrown into the list haphazardly on the site update, lol.

Not a whole lot can really be said right now I don't think. At the end of the day, I still think the game is going to be fantastic; it's just proof that we REALLY have no idea what goes through Sakurai's mind I guess.

Keep advocating and stay strong I guess :)
Well at least Skull Kid’s assist trophy was never cut. We had to vote just to get Isaac back as an assist trophy lol. I’m not sure if that’s really better. But Skull Kid would have been a cool character. I love Majora’s Mask. Sorry man

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Noooooooo you can't leave me girlfriend

Serious though, all I wanted for was the adventure/story mode. Now that it's here, I am done, I will buy the game.

Also, when you talk like this, it looks more like you're throwing a tantrum.

Please...Just stop joking about canceling the preorder. Besides, it was meant for competitive gamers anwyays but it also caters to casuals.

edit: i think the reason you're cancelling your Preorder is because you kept your expectations too high.
You're right about the tantrum part. A bit out of character for me, considering how cheery and upbeat I am.

Can't believe 4Chan took note of my post and now they want to make a meme out of it. I consider that a win. Didn't think that they'd take the time out of their day to screenshot and mock my post. I actually got a good laugh out of all the comments they made about it because what they said really doesn't faze me. It's a bunch of anons on an already toxic website. What did I expect?

But seriously though, my apologies, but I can't bring myself to do that. I've already canceled my preorder, but I hope you have fun playing Ultimate on day one, though.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
idk **** about GS but I don't think Sakurai would add the second protag over the first for the first representation in Smash
Like I said before; if Camelot/Nintendo considers Matthew to be the future hero of the franchise, it would make sense to make him the playable rep. But yeah, Felix would be kinda odd.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You're right about the tantrum part. A bit out of character for me, considering how cheery and upbeat I am.

Can't believe 4Chan took note of my post and now they want to make a meme out of it. I consider that a win. Didn't think that they'd take the time out of their day to screenshot and mock my post. I actually got a good laugh out of all the comments they made about it because what they said really doesn't faze me. It's a bunch of anons on an already toxic website. What did I expect?

But seriously though, my apologies, but I can't bring myself to do that. I've already canceled my preorder, but I hope you have fun playing Ultimate on day one, though.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well...I don't care anymore. If the game needs to lose preorders, then so be it... But I'm a huge fan of this game, so I'll get it no matter what...

On another note, on Twitter, there seems to be peoples now taking to far, like going as far as to give death threats to Sakurai...

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
I'll work to make my voice heard when the time comes. I haven't given up yet! Chances feel slim as they've ever been, but thats no reason to give up.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'll continue to support Isaac until he gets in. I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of Isaac being playable, but I can't stop supporting him. If Sakurai does another Fighters Pack, then it would be cool. Otherwise it wouldn't feel like the previous game's DLC where they also had Mii costumes with the characters, stages and music. Though I'm kind of surprised he wasn't in because looking at Octopath Traveler, it sold really well. (Based on what I saw, I could be wrong.)

I'll still be preordering SSBUltimate as always, but I've got to decide who could be the fourth and fifth characters that I could play for Sudden Showdown or whatever that mode was.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Its 4chan they'll take the time of day to mock anyone lmao

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I hope they at least touch up his model a bit. It looks a bit rough.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Please be respectful to other users. They have a right to feel disappointed.
Imagine

Imagine cancelling your preorder for the biggest Smash game of all time, a game with 74 fighters, every character returning, 103 stages, story mode, multiple modes, 900 songs, and DLC incoming JUST because 1 character you wanted didn’t get it. What the hell were you even hyped for before this direct? Are you sure you’re even a Smash fan? Pathetic.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I have no idea how you guys, who have wanted Isaac far longer than I have, can stay so optimistic for his DLC chances. Clearly; you guy's are doing SOMTHING right. Proves even more why Sakurai should acknowledge you guy's....

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow! Isaac finally came back but he is still an Assist Trophy!

But... wow! The things Isaac can do with the Psynergy hands now... that was what I had in mind for Isaac as a playable fighter.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Also guys. Canceling your preorder is not the way to go.

We need to foster a lasting relationship with Nintendo. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is going to be an amazing game, with or without a playable Golden Sun rep.

You’re acting out in a bad way. Stop it. This is coming from someone that’s trying to move forward and band together. I’ll still be getting Ultimate. And I’ll come to a time where I’ll even smile when I see Isaac pop out of an Assist Trophy.

I understand the anger. Completely. I’m pissed too. But let’s turn that energy into something positive. God I sound like a loser... but I really mean it.

Get the game. Please.

And yeah, this is gonna get annoying, I apologize: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; flaming
Imagine
Imagine cancelling your preorder for the biggest Smash game of all time, a game with 74 fighters, every character returning, 103 stages, story mode, multiple modes, and DLC incoming JUST because 1 character you wanted didn’t get it. What the hell were you even hyped for before this direct? Are you sure you’re even a Smash fan? Pathetic.
Chill the **** out jesus ****

You do know that a big part of what makes Smaah for people is the characters right? You jack ass

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
This sucks man. I don't wanna curse Sakurai because this game will be amazing but...as someone who supported Krystal and Isaac since Brawl and they're both assist trophies now when a ****ing plant can get in I don't know what to say. Like what's the point of voting in a ballot if Sakurai is the one who only cares? I don't know. This post will probably be part of some /v/ "HAHAHAHA LAUGH AT THE SEETHING ISAAC TARDS" but I'm not really even that mad I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm sorry guys. 10 years and you're still treated like ****.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
To those cancelling the pre order good on you, you vote with your dollar in this day and age and it's one of the only ways to get things done. That being said I'll still be purchasing it unfortunately lol. Anyways there's an Isaac model in the game now so it's only a matter of time before someone overlays him over another character with a mod who do you think are the top contenders for an Isaac themed echo fighter ;)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I have no idea how you guys, who have wanted Isaac far longer than I have, can stay so optimistic for his DLC chances. Clearly; you guy's are doing SOMTHING right. Proves even more why Sakurai should acknowledge you guy's....
I’ve been wanting him since the Brawl speculation days. After three burns in a row I’m out lol

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Keep focused on one character. Our voices scream louder when we put emphasis on one character. Don't start splitting up the requests asking for Felix, Matthew, or any other character it will only divide our voice and our unified front to see this game return. Continue support for the character with the most people behind him. And Isaac is that character. No offence to those of us who might be fans of the other characters more. It's just that Isaac has had the most universal popularity among us. So asking for him should be our top priority. And if that gets us Felix, or Matthew as DLC then that's ultimately what we are after. We should not lose hope. The fact that there was at least focus on the more highly requested characters as assists at the last trailer shows that Golden sun is on the radar. So just because it isn't in smash, doesn't mean that we won't get a new game. Nor should we just give up. I think instead of showing frustration, and anguish we should instead take the time to send Sakarai and the Smash team our thanks for at least putting him back in the game.

Of course on that thank you we should add ? Piranha Plant? Huh? I'm confused. Jk

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
We've weathered far, far worse storms. We will hold firm again.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Let's look at the possible other ATs that would be likely candidates: waluigi, skull kid, shadow, zero, bomberman, krystal, ashley

And that's ignoring the other characters (third party like banjo, etc) that are likely candidates

Yeah idk guys, i'm usually not one to be pessimistic but i dont see it happening. And ive been supporting isaac for 10 years...man this is way tougher than it should've been....

Last edited:

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Alright

Yesterday I said that I might replay Golden Sun 1 & 2

But I think I might just do that right now
I'm pissed
and that's fuel to start off Golden Sun again
God damn it

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Also guys. Canceling your preorder is not the way to go.

We need to foster a lasting relationship with Nintendo. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is going to be an amazing game, with or without a playable Golden Sun rep.

You’re acting out in a bad way. Stop it. This is coming from someone that’s trying to move forward and band together. I’ll still be getting Ultimate. And I’ll come to a time where I’ll even smile when I see Isaac pop out of an Assist Trophy.

I understand the anger. Completely. I’m pissed too. But let’s turn that energy into something positive. God I sound like a loser... but I really mean it.

Get the game. Please.

And yeah, this is gonna get annoying, I apologize: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2
Honestly, I disagree.

It's not about Isaac not being in. That's a symptom of the bigger problem here. The issue is that Nintendo maliciously trolled their fan base. Isaac, Shadow, Geno, all deconfirmed with only a month to go, for what reason? They could have deconfirmed Isaac and Shadow at E3 easily to let us down gently. But they didn't. They strung the fandoms along to generate more hype for the game and waited until the last minute to slap us in the face.

(Also, Spirits mode looks like hot garbage.)

I'm not going to support predatory business practices. They purposefully waited this long and teased Isaac so we would generate more free publicity for them. I expect far better from Nintendo.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
“Oh it’s that silly game that Ivan likes.” Thats all it is to them. But it’s more than that to me.
Is your name really Ivan?
And I have a suggestion: Put that link on your signature, so wherever you go in this site, people can see it. It's easy advertising.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
User was warned for this post
Chill the **** out jesus ****

You do know that a big part of what makes Smaah for people is the characters right? You jack ***
Yeah? Wanna curse a little more? Is that the only way you can express yourself? Guess what, if Smash needs to have every character you want for you to enjoy it, then sorry, you aren’t a fan.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being disappointed, hell, I got shafted 2 times so far since Ultimates reveal. But to CANCEL your preorder and boycott a game that Sakurai put his blood sweat and tears into, a game in which he tried to please as many people as possible, is very pathetic.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
the ****, man.

What's with the tweet? Why "I don't want to let people down that's why I don't tweet" , and then you tweet something OBVIOUSLY FROM GS and then it's just nothing. I hope none of you still thinks that Sakurai doesn't troll because he has been doing this since always.

I would be ok without Isaac, really, but what the **** is with this game?
· No trophies , something everyone likes since always.
· Adventure mode is just "keep doing combats, no stages like in subspace or even melee"
· "Stickers" 2.0 a game mode that NO ONE loved in 4 and NO ONE will use because they only are needed for 1 game mode

The **** man

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
"I hope you're not expecting too many newcomers..."

Let me finish

"I hope you're not expecting too many newcomers because I plan to waste at least one spot for my gal Piranha Plant. But you should be happy, Kirby is the main character of the adventure mode ! And there's no trophies anymore, now you have GLORIFIED STICKERS"

Thanks Sakurai.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well i'm glad Golden Sun wasn't completely forgotten.
His new model and moves look really cool and it seems like Spirit Battles are where ATs being KO-able will pay off a bit. We already saw a spirit battle where Ghirahim defends the Imprisoned (representd by a giant K. Rool lol), so there's probably gonna be a Golden Sun themed Spirit Battle with Isaac being an ally or foe.
Hopefully we get some music in too.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If it helps guy's, I could put aside my original Assist to DLC character I was campaigning for (Sorry Ashley) for Isaac's sake. Even if I'm very pessimistic on his chances...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Honestly, I disagree.

It's not about Isaac not being in. That's a symptom of the bigger problem here. The issue is that Nintendo maliciously trolled their fan base. Isaac, Shadow, Geno, all deconfirmed with only a month to go, for what reason? They could have deconfirmed Isaac and Shadow at E3 easily to let us down gently. But they didn't. They strung the fandoms along to generate more hype for the game and waited until the last minute to slap us in the face.

(Also, Spirits mode looks like hot garbage.)

I'm not going to support predatory business practices. They purposefully waited this long and teased Isaac so we would generate more free publicity for them. I expect far better from Nintendo.
You also forgot to mention a character locked behind limited deals, ie Piranha Plant.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
"I hope you're not expecting too many newcomers..."

Let me finish

"I hope you're not expecting too many newcomers because I plan to waste at least one spot for my gal Piranha Plant. But you should be happy, Kirby is the main character of the adventure mode ! And there's no trophies anymore, now you have GLORIFIED STICKERS"

Thanks Sakurai.
Geno is my only hope at this point

Last edited:
Top Bottom