• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
We're not taking this laying down. Let's let our voices be heard that we want Golden Sun - We'll have to since it doesn't seem like a Golden Sun character is planned on the DLC.

Tag me in on any and all campaigns - I've followed. GOing to be in contact w/ @isaac venus adapt too. PM Convo with the top of us ASAP.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2/with_replies
I’m going to try and post this link every few pages if not every page. It may be nothing right now. But I have to try. I have to. So please. Join this.

It may not be Isaac in Smash. But screw that. That’s not gonna happen. So please help me spread this on other sites. Let’s build an army. Together. As a fan base. I refuse to give up here. Golden Sun can still survive. After all... it’s being immortalized as an Assist Trophy in a game that’ll likely live for several more years... it’s not what I wanted. But my end goal was never to have Isaac in Smash, that was merely the stepping stone. My end goal was the revival of Golden Sun... We may not have that stepping stone I wanted... but we still gotta try.

Heh... so much for lying down... I can’t settle.

So angry. So sad. And yet. Maybe this was the kick in the butt we needed...

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Let us also remember the Assist Trophies who didn't make it to Ultimate:

*Barbara
*Saki
*Excitebikes
*Infantry & Tanks
*Elec Man
*Tingle
*Mr. Resetti
*Lakitu & Spinies
*Kat & Ana
*Helirin
Infantry & Tanks? Interesting... Andy for SSBUltimate DLC then?

Also, is it possible that Sakurai was running out of time, so he couldn't add our wants?

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Being assisted is a worse sentence than not appearing at all. At least then we have DLC hopes and that's better than an assist imo. And with the fan backing he would have gotten in as DLC. But no.
I'm too damn invested now. I'm not stopping until we get something and it doesn't even have to be smash related.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Also, is it possible that Sakurai was running out of time, so he couldn't add our wants?
Or Advance Wars got the Golden Sun Smash 4 treatment and was just completely cut.

Andy would be great. That’s another series that got thrown away and forgotten like GS.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Before you get mad, remember that your boy Isaac is in. But not the main point.

I think the reason you're cancelling your own preorder is ONLY because you kept you expectations a bit high. And as a result, you were immensely disappointed by the final Direct.

Just stop canceling the preorder, that ain't it chief. That ain't it. It's the biggest mistake you're gonna do.
I'm not intertested in the remaining modes and solo content. I will get the game if the dlc characters are good down the line. But as of now? I can't justify my purchase. Only Shulk and Castlevania reps interest me and that alone ain't it, chef.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman

Forgive the double post.
That's a fair assumption considering this game's development time was what... the shortest next to Melee? If so then that's probably what it really was. I felt a sense of sorrow coming from Sakurai. I think he wanted to do more. But knew he didn't have the time.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Being assisted is a worse sentence than not appearing at all. At least then we have DLC hopes and that's better than an assist imo. And with the fan backing he would have gotten in as DLC. But no.
I'm too damn invested now. I'm not stopping until we get something and it doesn't even have to be smash related.
I have a feeling that DLC is going to be reserved for big third party characters like Banjo, Sora, and Rayman. Maybe Lloyd could get in there.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
He probably saw the backlash coming from a mile away. How well received was Box Theory when it came to exist? And after that the Grinch... he must have realized he had no way to deliver on the hype. Poor man, he really deserves to rest.
It sounds mean; but honestly I hope Sakurai realized he severely ****ed up. It's the only way he will learn what the fans want.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not content with the result and I don't think any of us SHOULD be. WE pushed way too damn hard just for this....this slap to the face. We at least deserve a new damned entry into this franchise whether that's a sequel or a remaster/remake. SOMETHING. WE DESERVE SOMETHING!
We got something. People may disregard it, but we did make a difference.

We might've been vocal and we did a good job of keeping Isaac popular, but we were never promised anything. Entitlement is only justified if we were owed something, but we never were. No fanbase is owed their character. All we were ever doing was campaigning, and we put forth a great effort, but most campaigns don't end in total success.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Guys, it's worth pointing out that with the new AT and spirits, so many characters are disconfirmed that it makes me wonder where they'd take a DLC roster. Will they just go grab random third parties, or perhaps could they be looking to see popular characters now?

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be fighting for Golden Sun, for Isaac, Felix and Matthew into the DLC. Even if it's a fruitless endeavour, it's better than sitting in my seat doing nothing. This game is still going to be an absolute blast to play when it comes out and I doubt they've even picked their five DLC characters given no work's been started on them yet.

I'm just saying, don't give up too soon. But also, Nintendo needs a new marketing director because they really strung a lot of fanbases along.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Despite the many things hinting at Isaac's possible inclusion--particularly the Golden Sun-esque screenshot--I nevertheless steeled mineself for the worst. That said, what's done is done; no point in crying over spilled milk. At least he returned as an Assist Trophy.

As for Felix or Matthew, it's a possibility, but...I wouldn't count on it. [Shrugs] Then again, Ness isn't even the main character of the first Mother/Earthbound game, yet he got in before Ninten. So whom knows?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Guys, please, don't take your anger out on Piranha Plant.
It wasn't necessarily chosen over Isaac, as DLC characters are chosen very late in development, and it's a joke/surprise character, so the criteria are different.

I have a better idea, but it's a bit risky. Let's make an actual Golden Sun fangame. Nintendo will probably hit us with the good ol' C&D, but the controversy could boost interest. Remember how a fake leak gave us Dark Dawn? We should go a step further.
Honestly; he kind of was. Sakurai thought development time would go BETTER into Pirannah Plant over Skull Kid, Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Shantae, ETC.

D

Deleted member

I'm still getting Ultimate because of King K. Rool and the fact that I can finally play some stages from the Wii U version. Not to mention we're getting bosses back like Galleom.

Again, this really sucks... but I've stomached far worse.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kicking and screaming past 30,000, haha.

Still by far the largest Isaac thread in history, that's something to be proud of. :)

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Here's the saddest thing about the Smash Ballot:

They probably used it for only 1 character, King K Rool.
Inklings were a lock, Ridley probably did not well in the ballot (at the time, he was just a boss) and the rest probably had nearly no presence in the ballot.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Aight guys, Sakurai may have shown us is Middle finger by not deconfirming Isaac earlier, but I'm still going to fight.

Isaac for DLC, have Matthew or Felix replacing him as AT.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The Isaac assist trophy looks like a turd.

I'll wait a year before buying this game used.

And maybe F-Zero and GS could come, but until then, my Switch will not be used.

aztimh

Smash Rookie
Honestly the instant it started with Kencineroar trailer I figured it was box theory... I’m sad Isaac didn’t make it, but honestly the fact he even got in at all (as an AT) with other cuts surprises me.

I wonder if we’ll ever learn the mystery of the fake (or possibly outdated) banner leak? The Ken art is the same as the final banner... is it possible some of the other ones are DLC being leaked (as it seems the 5 dlc fighters are already determined).

I don’t take the Mii costume for Rex as a deconfirmation... if anything that Xenoblade segment made me think Sakurai was sorry he couldn’t put Rex into base.. so I’ll be surprised if he isn’t a DLC fighter. Kinda showing his Xenoblade bias a fair bit there haha.

So many emotions haha. The biggest slap to me was Isaacs AT reveal with the old Felix battle theme remix >.> all the Isaac support and he couldn’t even get his own battle theme?

The most I can hope for out of all this golden sun fan outcry is for Camelot to make a new golden sun game. Be it a sequel or a remaster of the original 2. The producers have said so many times that fan demand would get them to make another game and the switch is showing that traditional JRPGs are not a niche dead franchise as some claim; just look at Octopath Traveler.

In closing I’ve unsubbed from a few YouTube channels.. why bother listening to predictions when they’ve clearly already seen or heard the exact info? Faker than the grinch leak in my eyes haha.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
They didn't say they were starting from scratch last time. We can only expect 100% new entries to Smash.
New entries to the roster, as in not returning veterans or echoes of current fighters. They never said that they wouldn't consider Spirits.

As for the starting from scratch, they couldn't "start from scratch" last time because they added veterans who had old movesets. Any character they add now will be starting from scratch- having a 2D image of Pyra in the game does nothing for character development. There's still hope!

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
That was a downer today. But I won't stop fighting for a GS character! I assume the DLC characters are all from currently unrepresented franchises so that they can go get a new stage from that universe. That said, being a Spirit doesn't seem to be a deconfirmation, people thought the same back when the Mew2 trophy was discovered in Smash 4.

We just have to believe in Matthew or Felix. If we stay vocal as in the last few months, our voices can't be overheard. We don't know the reasons why Isaac's an AT again. Maybe because Camelot decided to use Matthew as the hero for a possible future GS game. Let's not give up and be happy for Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant (lol) fans! Ultimate's still going to be a great game guys!

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Yall called Waluigi fans salty lol. I hope none of you ever bullied a Waluigi fan for still having hope after his assist trophy reveal.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I, like many of you, are miffed that we got the shaft again.

BUT, I will not let that deter me from being vocal about our Golden Boy or my enjoyment of the game. We still have DLC. We dunno what could lie ahead of us, so stay strong Adepts. Out day to shine will come. Just don't lose hope. As someone who wanted Ridley ever since Melee, when the day comes it will make every day before it seem insignificant.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guys, it's worth pointing out that with the new AT and spirits, so many characters are disconfirmed that it makes me wonder where they'd take a DLC roster. Will they just go grab random third parties, or perhaps could they be looking to see popular characters now?

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be fighting for Golden Sun, for Isaac, Felix and Matthew into the DLC. Even if it's a fruitless endeavour, it's better than sitting in my seat doing nothing. This game is still going to be an absolute blast to play when it comes out and I doubt they've even picked their five DLC characters given no work's been started on them yet.

I'm just saying, don't give up too soon. But also, Nintendo needs a new marketing director because they really strung a lot of fanbases along.
To be fair, the vast majority of 4's DLC roster was unexpected. Really only Mewtwo and Lucas were common expectations beforehand. Who knows where this one will go. My guess is it'll lean heavily into third-parties, which a promotional addition or two. Which I guess isn't that different from last time.

But I'll probably be wrong, because Sakurai. I mean he just added a goddam Piranha Plant. >_>

And worth keeping in mind is Smash always strings along at least some fanbases. I think if they didn't who'd be playable would become that much more obvious. Outside the few surprise picks.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm a little annoyed by people saying that everyone is spoiled and shouldn't be dissapointed. Yes we get every veteran, and wanted fan chracters like Ridley and K. Rool and I acknowledge that we have gotten a lot and appreciate it. But the disappointment comes forms this direct specifically, this is not what they should have ended on, you don't start off high and end low. We got two characters not many people wanted ( I do like PP though) instead of continuing the trend of fan characters, a bunch of potential DLC seemingly deconfirmed, bad online, and the only thing that really got me hyped was story mode. Before Wii U launch we got Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, and Mewtwo as the first DLC character, and the DLC ended with characters like Cloud and Bayonetta, that was very hype.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
So uhh, I'm done. Pirhanna plant should have been fighter 69. Also bandana dee is a goomba with a hat hes in dlc, the probabaly minecraft steve, banjo kazooie, tympole from Pokemon and fortnite guy. Anyone who claims Matthew or Felix is still in denial. The dlc characters were chosen ages ago. Whoever leaked the Grinch leak bless your soul you gave everyone something to talk about and you have hot to be a better troll than sakurai what gets me the most is that the ken art matches and it hurts. I just wanted to thank all of you for being here and supporting Isaac and all of the people from other threads who have shown up as well, I don't think I'll be supporting Isaac again in the future since its been a lost cause every time Nintendo doesn't care about the ballot (like only 2 characters got in from there) and I'm the most frustrated about the fact that come February of 2020 there don't be any more dlc regardless of switch life expectancy lol. It's been nice showing up and talking with you all and reading messages this was one of the spots I'd visit multiple times a day to see what pe9ple were saying. It just hurts bye yall

D

Deleted member

I don't support Isaac but it hurts my soul to see y'all shafted time after time. I feel bad for y'all tbh

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'd agree with you if DLC was decided by a ballot, but the Fighters pass suggest all the 5 dlc characters are planned. There's still the next round of dlc that I see them planning, so in that time, everyone has to work real hard to let their voices be heard, retweet at Nintendo and Sakurai, form polls, and banners. It's never the end.
Well to be fair while they are planned it's not like they were planned at the same time as the roster so it's still possible Isaac would be a part of it.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
So..what to do now....rooting for Matthew?...hoping that Sakurai consider ATs playable........start cosplaying as Isaac in group and chant "Isaac 4 smash" in every con and nintendo events like what Waluigi fans were doing lately?..

IDK, but really, makes me wonder if theres a problem with sakurai and camelot.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Big golden sun fan and honestly I'm taking this fairly well. We will fight for DLC! Dont give up! This game is still more than I could ever ask for! The sun will rise for DLC we cant give up. I'm thinking Felix over Matthew but I'll take either.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

I just can’t do it anymore man. I was watching your stream and I saw you die inside when Isaac was revealed and I felt the same way. You’re as passionate about Golden Sun as all of us hardcore GS fans are. I’m just tired of hoping. We repped Isaac well on the Ballot and we basically just got back to square one assist trophy again.

I think I’ll just hope at some point a new GS game will come out.

I’m sorry I’m being so negative. I’m just crushed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

idk **** about GS but I don't think Sakurai would add the second protag over the first for the first representation in Smash

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Forgive the double post.
That's a fair assumption considering this game's development time was what... the shortest next to Melee? If so then that's probably what it really was. I felt a sense of sorrow coming from Sakurai. I think he wanted to do more. But knew he didn't have the time.
Yeah. That always happens with his SSB games. And as for the lack of Isaac's AT in SSB4, you guys may have been right about the 3DS' problems with the way this is looking.

Top Bottom