• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
So, we can hope for Felix or Matt at this point I guess.

Isaac was the only character I actually wanted so...I don’t know what to do anymore ha...
yeah, Issac AT really dampened a lot of spirits. Was so sure he would be playable. At the very least, he is an AT, so he was acknowledged. Best we can do is hope for Mathew as dlc, but it's just not the same...

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
We still have Felix and Matthew.

We have to be hard headed about this.

Mewtwo had a trophy and then he got DLC. And yes as someone stated, there are no rules about AT promotions.

In Street Fighter IV, on the African Base stage Balrog stands in the background of the stage. If you play as Balrog in a match, he is then replaced by Vega. Isaac could be replaced by Matthew when he's active, so the item is still usable.

If anything, we could still vote for Isaac as a "you fugged up", and hopefully get a promotion, Felix, or Matthew.

Call me delusional, but its not over until DLC is over. Isaac has constantly made impressions on polls and ballots, and he (or his friend or son) can continue to do so even after getting snow globed. The impression that would leave would be immense.

Isaac for Smash? Golden Sun for Smash!

-----------------------

That being said, with so many characters deconfirmed, I wonder who is even left for DLC. Though there are possible DLC promotions like Dixie.

But apparently the DLC characters come with a stage. That seems, or feels like unique franchise territory. The Steve rumors are looking more sketchy now. :/

The worst part of this was I had given up early on in Smash 4, but with all of these fan reveals I had given up hope. This was a smack in the face, but we can smack back.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
At the moment I'm just wishing I could understand what in the world Sakurai is thinking. Did Isaac do worse on the ballot than we all thought? Was it really bad enough that he wasn't worth revealing as an AT until a month before launch? What was up with that Rathalos picture? How about that plant item? And seriously, what in the world is up with the Grinch leak? That was seriously an elaborate fake? How?

Heck, it's not even just Isaac. Why would they also remove Spring Man from the DLC pool, among others? Why choose a freaking Piranha Plant over Waluigi or Toad? Why eliminate the possibility of echoes as easy DLC? Why leave so many characters Smash fans have been asking for out of the base roster and then declare you've already selected the DLC, effectively saying no further input matters? And why go ahead and declare those five mystery fighters are all we can hope for through February 2020, with no indication of whether further DLC is possible?

Going into this Direct I thought was prepared for the worst case scenario. It turns out I wasn't, because the worst case turned out to be even worse than I considered possible. It's bad enough that I'm having serious thoughts about whether I want to buy the game because I feel genuinely hurt right now, and this was easily the game I was most excited for all year. I imagine I'll get over it, especially if a Banjo trailer shows up at the VGAs, but this is an incredibly hard pill to swallow. Eventually I'll have the energy to start cheering for Isaac again, but not now. I need time to process first.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
"Piranha plant fans." Literally who????
Yeah. I feel like he was less a character to satisfy fans, and more a character because they said, "Hey, let's make a joke character," and someone pitched the idea of a potted plant. I'm more amused than anything.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So the item is on the website too.

It's a "Healing Sprout". It sticks to you and heals you over time slowly, and can be transferred to another player.

It's not the growth Psynergy.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That was easily the worst Smash Direct this year. They should have saved the August Direct for last. I knew deep down this would happen again with Isaac. I love Golden Sun, but I’m done hoping for anything Smash related with it.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
If this is just one pack and there would be a second DLC set the only thing (LITERALLY ONLY THING) we could do is push like we're ****ing possessed for Felix. That would truly be our only out after this ****storm.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Well then how in the ever loving **** did the Grinch leak happen? What the actual **** is that thing? Fake? Real? Outdated? Who the **** knows! Not us!

D

Deleted member

"Piranha plant fans." Literally who????
I'm just trying to show some respect here. There are actually people who are looking forward to Piranha Plant and like it or not he's in the game just like Ken and Incineroar. It wouldn't be right to exclude him from congrats on joining the fight.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Man, I feel real bad for you guys. Everything was looking great, you had a hope...

And you got BTFO'd by a goddamn plant.

I'm staking myself as a firm Isaac supporter now, because I've come to really empathize with you guys. Being a Ridley supporter in Smash 4 will do that. :p

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
This Direct killed almost every popular character’s chances. I think only Banjo and Sora are left.

Lone V

Smash Rookie
NNID
LoneWolf_XIII
So you're telling me,
they had the chance to add in a newcomer,
someone from a long forgotten series, like Golden Sun or Advance Wars,
someone from a smaller Nintendo series, such as Rhythm Heaven,
someone people have been begging for for year and years, like Geno,
and they chose to represent a joke NPC from the series with the biggest representation in the game already.

I am so ****ing mad right now. Not only because of Isaac, but because of all the other that had their hopes dashed as well in favor of a meme that won't even be funny anymore a month from now.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
All DLC are from the ground up. Rex is dead. Pyra is a Spirit.
I don't think they ever confirmed this- who is to say? That'd mean that Geno is dead as well.

There's also past precedence for this- Lucas was a trophy in Smash 4 way before he was DLC.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Question.

Custom Robo's trademark was not removed. BUT they received appearances.

What does this mean?

And I'm guessing those trademarks (Golden Sun, etc.) were just for AT?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don't care anymore. Let them laugh for all I care. I'm not buying the game. Hype was killed. End of story.
Noooooooo you can't leave me girlfriend

Serious though, all I wanted for was the adventure/story mode. Now that it's here, I am done, I will buy the game.

Also, when you talk like this, it looks more like you're throwing a tantrum.

Please...Just stop joking about canceling the preorder. Besides, it was meant for competitive gamers anwyays but it also caters to casuals.

edit: i think the reason you're cancelling your Preorder is because you kept your expectations too high.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I'm just trying to show some respect here. There are actually people who are looking forward to Piranha Plant and like it or not he's in the game just like Ken and Incineroar. It wouldn't be right to exclude him from congrats on joining the fight.
Sorry I can't man. Just can't. Not like this. Not with how things are now. It's physically and emotionally impossible right now.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is upsetting. What are we gonna do now?
Personally speaking I'm going to exit Smash speculation and make a clean break.

I'm going to block websites related to Smash Bros so I'm not tempted to come back.

Honestly I've got things in my life to focus on that would a lot better for me and I feel like this has shed a light on what my priorities ought to be.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Who is ready for Smash 6 when Isaac gets cut again for no reason? Then maybe we can vote to bring him back as an assist trophy

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I would love to continue support for Isaac as DLC, but we have to look at the facts. If Sakurai does promote Isaac to a playable fighter he would have to do the same for Waluigi, Ashley, Shadow, Skull Kid, Spring Man, and Shovel Knight. I don't think Sakurai would do that. I would love to get Felix but if Sakurai could look at all of the support we gave to Isaac and just made him an Assist again, I don't think any other GS rep has a shot.

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
First I kind of felt nothing. Weirdly don't feel mad even now.

Now I just kind of feel sad, because I still want to hope for something Golden Sun from Nintendo in general.

I don't wanna give up it feels too soon. But it was a nice ride and it was fun to be with you guys.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I don't think Geno is out of the running, though base inclusion would've made more sense for him.
He is a spirit, so I’m thinking that might kill it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping it doesn’t. At least give the Geno fans something Sakurai.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm so sorry guys. This hurts so much :(

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Alright Adepts. I’m not joking. I’m not being passive. I’m doing something. I’m channeling my rage into something positive, but I can’t do it alone.

I know a lot of us are hurting. Im hurting too. But I’ve spent 8 years wondering if we’ll see the sun again. I’m tired of waiting to see if Nintendo does something. And as ****ing livid as I am about Isaac being ATd... he’s still here. He’s still here. Which means Golden Sun is too. It may be grasping for air and on deaths door, but we need to show Nintendo that this damn franchise still has a chance.

I’ve made this https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2/with_replies

Please. If you really care about Golden Sun you’ll help me with this. I don’t normally partake in this whole social media thing, but I will get out of my damn comfort zone if it means bringing back one of my favorite games of my childhood. I need help. I don’t want to be alone. It’s taken too damn long to find all of you and I’m not going to give up.

And to those that joined our cause, but may not actually be Golden Sun fans, you don’t have to, in fact, I understand if you don’t want to join this battle. This isn’t yours to fight. But the battle we need to fight isn’t just letting our voices be heard.

Nintendo won’t care if we don’t have the numbers to back it up. So we need people. We need to keep talking. We cannot stop talking. We need to reach out. Talk to others about the world of Weyard. Get them interested in the series, even if they’ve never played a GS game in their lives.

Maybe I’m being delusional. Maybe I’m lashing out. But I’m hurting. But rather than curling up into a ball, I’m doing something, because wallowing in self pitty isn’t going to help anyone. Least of all Golden Sun.

Plus. I’ve enjoyed my time here. This is the first time I’ve actually been able to talk about Golden Sun with people that know the game. I don’t want it to stop. I don’t want to give up. I don’t want to lose all of you.

And if if it turns out it wasn’t meant to be... I’ll live with the fact that I’m in love with a dead franchise. It’ll break my heart, but I’ll move on. But I can’t, in good conscience, give up without trying.

That’s it for now... I... I need to have a lie down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let us also remember the Assist Trophies who didn't make it to Ultimate:

*Barbara
*Saki
*Excitebikes
*Infantry & Tanks
*Elec Man
*Tingle
*Mr. Resetti
*Lakitu & Spinies
*Kat & Ana
*Helirin

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I don't think they ever confirmed this- who is to say? That'd mean that Geno is dead as well.

There's also past precedence for this- Lucas was a trophy in Smash 4 way before he was DLC.
They didn't say they were starting from scratch last time. We can only expect 100% new entries to Smash.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
We need to get on the same page guys. Who are we pushing for now as DLC? Do we push for Felix, do we push for Matthew, or do we keep pushing for Isaac despite being an AT. If can get the story straight we might actually get something in the end. If we scatter to various different requests we won't get anything.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It feels like I just woke up in a horrible, horrible timeline where Sakurai massacred the hopes of so many people. Then I look around and realize that this is indeed the timeline I live in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I got no words. But again, I guess this was just meant to be.

I'm just kind of appalled that Ultimate didn't want to entirely end with bang. Again.

N3ON N3ON

Props at least for the right move.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He is a spirit, so I’m thinking that might kill it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping it doesn’t. At least give the Geno fans something Sakurai.
Yeah, found that out like 30 seconds after making the post, but the site is a snail right now so I couldn't update it. ^_^;

That really sucks though, feel bad for his fans. Should've been AT at least.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Before you get mad, remember that your boy Isaac is in. But not the main point.

I think the reason you're cancelling your own preorder is ONLY because you kept you expectations a bit high. And as a result, you were immensely disappointed by the final Direct.

Just stop canceling the preorder, that ain't it chief. That ain't it. It's the biggest mistake you're gonna do.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
We need to get on the same page guys. Who are we pushing for now as DLC? Do we push for Felix, do we push for Matthew, or do we keep pushing for Isaac despite being an AT. If can get the story straight we might actually get something in the end. If we scatter to various different requests we won't get anything.
More power to you guys, but I think I’m done. Why would Felix or Matthew get in when Isaac couldn’t? After 3 games of heartbreak I don’t want to hope for Golden Sun characters anymore.

I’ll just pray that we get a new Golden Sun game sometime soon.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Right I have calmed down.

Man that was a bloodbath. Really. Smash Ultimate is Ultimate in name only.

Shantae a Spirit, Isaac an AT. Rex a Mii Costume. The list goes on. Sakurai should have not done this Direct is the general census I am seeing.

But we must not give up. That's what they want us to do.

Look, Isaac is an AT right now and it sucks. But we have to push forward! We must scream and yell that Isaac deserves a fighter spot. Scream and yell loud!

We are his only hope. We have to keep on going with our demands. And why?

Because our demands worked! Isaac is back in the game as an AT. That is important right now! WE DID THAT!

You may all be butt hurt right now. You may want to give up hope. But if you do, you are letting down Isaac. He wants you to believe in him.

For without us, he has no hope. We must not lose faith. It is not just our shield but his too.

BAND TOGETHER MY ADEPTS! WE WILL NOT BE BEATEN YET!

Top Bottom