• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
40 minutes will be a nail biter photo finish.

Everyone’s rooting for you Adepts. Isaac’s, Banjo's and Geno's reveals will not only get a long awaited characters in Smash, but could be the heralds of the best Smash roster ever.

Let’s hope Christmas comes early.
FTFY.

Ken, Incineroar, Pink Gold Incineroar.
Followed by Super Crown Incineroar. :troll:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that feels their heart skip a beat the moment they hear direct?

Guys this is the final straw and honestly, whether Isaac displayed on this direct or not will settle everything...We need to finally get him in the game and he is definitely more deserving than all these new characters imho.

I will be honest and say that I'm not looking forward to this Thursday direct just because there is always a possibility that it could go either way(but it has to be seen) and i'm seriously hoping and praying that it's legit, I mean like wouldn't it be awesome if the Grinch leak was legit? No more arguments and it will satisfy a multitude of us Smash players.

I'm still salty on how he was treated in Smash 4(not even a f****** trophy let alone assist trophy)...

#TeamHope!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I’m trying to temper expectations as much as possible so that I don’t rage internally like I did at Isabelle’s reveal. Or so that I don’t cry If I see Isaac is an assist again. But I’m going to hold onto hope until the very last moment. If we survive the inevitable final assist trophy purge, and we get out of the direct without him one way or mother. I’m instantly on that DLC campaign.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Not playing favorites here. It seems like Isaac's reveal being first will be bigger than we could ever hope for. Banjobros, Genobros, Chorusbros, Mach Riderbros, Shadowbros, and Kenbros are all hoping he gets revealed and when he does, it will be an enormous victory for all 7+ of us fandoms.
But if not Isaac, either of the other 6 will have the same effect. All 7 of us groups are literally in this together, united as one and it's an amazing feeling!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
On the bus home right now and there's a woman in front of me playing Octopath Traveler on her Switch. That is the coolest thing ever.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Well lets compare past reveal trailers. Simon and Richter's trailer were lengthy because of all the content. It was about 6 minutes and 30 seconds long. Id imagine that Isaac and Banjo may fit this length of information, however maybe a little shorter. So roughly 5 to 6 minutes apiece. Geno, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids will likely be about the same length as Ridley's/ King K Rool's trailers which were just under 2 minutes for the both of them. Depending on whether or not Shadow and Ken get anything unique, will decide how long their reveals will be. However I think theirs will be about the same length as Chrom's and Dark Samus. If they're echo's. Which were about 2 minutes for the both of them together. Adding those up together. that's 20 minutes for all of them so that would only take up half of the direct.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Wow, look how many people are viewing the thread.

Anyway, as of now, Isaac is the one character I want the most--bottom line. Just as I predicted, there was going to be a Smash Direct aired before the release of the download code Smash bundle. Here's hoping Isaac finally gets his chance.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Given how Mystic was treated, the fact he's giving us reassurance now actually gives me a weird sense of reassurance.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Don't know if this was post here, but it's pretty much everything we know about Mr Grinch.

https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

Team real
Thanks for this. Even though it's all old news by now, having that comprehensive write-up reaffirms a lot of my thoughts on the leak and just how interesting the ensuing speculation has been as a result. I for one am expecting the Direct to confirm it is true, but even if it's false I'm looking forward to getting some closure and, worst case scenario, can start cheering for Isaac to be released as DLC. Soon™!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ken, Incineroar, Pink Gold Incineroar.
Good lord, I would be done. Done forever.

Thankfully the Super Smash Bros character choice team is nothing like the Mario Kart one. That really pathetic thing about that is that adding characters to Mario Kart is so much less complicated than Super Smash Bros, yet instead of actual characters that people would want they still add made-up characters like that. It's so bad that I can't even.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
If Isaac is confirmed, please let the first post after the reveal be a Beatles - Here comes the sun video.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'll be honest guys I'd rather have Isaac in the base game rather than DLC. Because DLC characters tend not to have the full treatment. Like if there's a story mode Isaac wouldn't be part of it. That would pisses me off honestly.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I am getting a honest character intro ready for this next direct. After all fighters are revealed I will finish it and post for everyone's enjoyment. Hoping the grinch leqk is real cause I have some good ones in mind.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I'll be honest guys I'd rather have Isaac in the base game rather than DLC. Because DLC characters tend not to have the full treatment. Like if there's a story mode Isaac wouldn't be part of it. That would pisses me off honestly.
To add to this he also won't be in things like the button menu icons or challenge picture screenshots and event matches etc. him being in base makes him actually a part of the game and not just tacked on.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Something I think is worth mentioning. Is that if the Grinch leak is true and we get all 7 of them on Thursday it throws into question everything Sakurai has been saying.

He literally said in an interview not to expect some kind of huge reveal right at the end.

If the Grinch leak is proven true on Thursday I think the idea that there are going to be no secret characters will also be brought into question.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Well we don't know if the story mode will play out the same as Subspace and if that's the case the DLC characters may have more of an impact on the overall game. It may end up playing out more like a classic plat former style game similar to melee and you get to go around a map similar to Mario, Castlevania, or Megaman. rather than full on in depth story. And we also don't know whether or not DLC Characters could come with alot more content than Smash Wii U.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Something I think is worth mentioning. Is that if the Grinch leak is true and we get all 7 of them on Thursday it throws into question everything Sakurai has been saying.

He literally said in an interview not to expect some kind of huge reveal right at the end.

If the Grinch leak is proven true on Thursday I think the idea that there are going to be no secret characters will also be brought into question.
Actually he said he would be slowing it down for a while. Not that it would be a slowing train overall.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
unno. what could be better than our boy, geno, and flipping banjo?
There are a couple of characters I still want, but the banner characters are god tier already so I would be happy with literally no DLC.

Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Black Shadow, Magvel/Judgral FE character, Andy, and Ray.

Edit:

If they really have to add more 3rd parties I would love Dark Souls, Tekken, and Tales of characters lol. Also a Beat Em Up character like Haggar or Axel.

Last edited:

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507

I believe Sakurai loves seeing the reactions of people to every reveal.
I think actually dropping a huge bomb on the last Direct is something that he could actually do.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
is that even possible at this point? our good friend the Grinch seems to be covering most bases already, what more could there be?
I do wonder. I certainly hope there's at least Dixie Kong in...

Perhaps there'll be Skull Kid as well? Bandanna Dee? I'm sure there's more I'm missing...

I lowkey hope we get Lip as a big surprise...

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Quote from Emily about the banner characters being assist trophies:

Scroll down to post #2215 for the quote.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ead-about-nothing.77842/page-45#post-14392813

Basically, more than one of the banner characters are assist trophies.

Anyway, I can't keep up with this. I've gotta go to work soon. Hopefully Isaac keeps looking good when I get back.
Isn't that a person who said multiple characters were missing from the banner and did not mention who was missing?

It seems like all "insiders" just say the leak is missing a few characters or goes against their "sources" without going into detail on what their "sources" say and what characters are missing.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Klimax

Smash Ace
I really hope that we'll have Isaac, this Smash Direct has to be legendary, it has to be the Ultimate Direct. Give us Isaac and the others fan favorites !

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
When talking about Ultimate's soundtrack, one must remember that this time remixes will be made as if they were a battle theme because Sakurai considered the current AC music to be unfitting for a competitive match.
My wishlist would be:
The Elemental Stars (Original)
Venus Lighthouse (New Remix)
Walking forward with Determination (New Remix)
Karst/Agatio Battle Theme (New Remix)
Saturos Battle Theme (Original and New Remix)
Fusion Dragon (New Remix)
Isaac's Battle Theme (New Remix)
Jenna's Battle Theme (New Remix)
Felix's Battle Theme (New Remix)
Matthew's Battle Theme (New Remix)
Boss Theme Medley (New Remix, Dark Dawn)
Battle Theme (Ship) (New Remix, Dark Dawn)
Felix Battle Theme/Doom Dragon (Old Remix)
With the song that was added in Smash 4 + these we would have 14 songs, add a couple more and it should be enough.

"The actual roster will be a lot better than the leak we got."

What is this implying?
The only way to top the Grinch Leak's roster is having them and even more. The worrying thing is the newcomer overload that this would come with.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Not playing favorites here. It seems like Isaac's reveal being first will be bigger than we could ever hope for. Banjobros, Genobros, Chorusbros, Mach Riderbros, Shadowbros, and Kenbros are all hoping he gets revealed and when he does, it will be an enormous victory for all 7+ of us fandoms.
But if not Isaac, either of the other 6 will have the same effect. All 7 of us groups are literally in this together, united as one and it's an amazing feeling!
If Isaac was cut from the September direct as many have speculated, that means his intro video doesn't contain any other characters. The others could be in a Brawl-style montage. If that were the case, I'd bet they put him first.

I'd be over the moon if Isaac and Shantae were both announced Thursday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom