• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Don't know if this was already shared but someone made the connection between the Grinch and Smash material
Also it makes sense for what that banner is gonna be used as well:
1540426347084.png

Also I guess it's not enough to repeat… nobody has been able to give solid evidence to debunk this leak. Stay hyped! I hope next week is our time… I can totally see them use that banner at some events and next weekend the first japan event will be in Tokyo iirc. So yeah… Hopefully this is our last week of wait… crossing fingers here… we are close whenever it's gonna be!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Just contributing my two cents to say that I’m in love with this leak for a lot of reasons, but obviously Isaac being in would be huge!!

My only nag with this is the idea of the DLC. I can’t help but think we’re possibly looking at some of the DLC because I can’t fathom 7 characters being revealed for the base roster before launch. I could see this being 4 revealed for base and the first wave of DLC. I’d guess Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Geno, and Isaac for base and then Shadow, Ken, and Banjo-Kazooie being the first wave of blockbuster DLC.
I don't think it's too ridiculous. A lot of us here have speculated that we think that Isaac was supposed to be revealed in the Direct that was delayed because of the Hokkaido earthquake. Any echo characters won't get any kind of character trailer, just a small section inside of a direct. It could have originally lined up as the last direct being 1. Start up with revealing Geno 2. Chorus Kids 3. Echos 4. Sakurai shows off his Mach Rider (totally a Sakurai surprise pick) 5. End it all with Banjo.

I don't know, that doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i just noticed that if this is true, the top 3 of that reddit voting thing we all did for awhile will be true (Banjo, Isaac, Geno)

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I am very hopeful that this leak is real since I've wanted Isaac in the game for so long - since pre-Brawl, I think! However, the amount of naysaying from the likes of GameXplain and other 'insiders' fills me with trepidation. I will remain hopeful though.

Just contributing my two cents to say that I’m in love with this leak for a lot of reasons, but obviously Isaac being in would be huge!!

My only nag with this is the idea of the DLC. I can’t help but think we’re possibly looking at some of the DLC because I can’t fathom 7 characters being revealed for the base roster before launch. I could see this being 4 revealed for base and the first wave of DLC. I’d guess Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Geno, and Isaac for base and then Shadow, Ken, and Banjo-Kazooie being the first wave of blockbuster DLC.
The main counter to them being DLC is that Sakurai has gone on record saying he does not consider DLC until post-release. If this leak is real then these will be in the base game because they're in promotional material right now. Sakurai has gone above and beyond in recent Smash Directs so it would not surprise me if the final one had a massive blowout of seven character reveals. That would also technically fit with his statement of the number of reveals 'slowing down' since we'd get nothing between Isabelle and that final Direct.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

5 characters in the smash direct and 2 during a 50 facts, it's doable.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Don't know if this was already shared but someone made the connection between the Grinch and Smash material
Also it makes sense for what that banner is gonna be used as well:
View attachment 171728
Also I guess it's not enough to repeat… nobody has been able to give solid evidence to debunk this leak. Stay hyped! I hope next week is our time… I can totally see them use that banner at some events and next weekend the first japan event will be in Tokyo iirc. So yeah… Hopefully this is our last week of wait… crossing fingers here… we are close whenever it's gonna be!
WOW!!! If this was fake, how would they have guessed that!?!

Also, Nazyrus Nazyrus , you better get that Isaac render ready when he's revealed! lol

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
The real question is not is the leak real or fake, the real question is who gets the all important 69th character slot.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or do the sourcegaming folks really want this leak to be fake despite them saying otherwise?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So when I first saw this leak, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical just because it seemed too good to be true. But man, if it does ends up being true, I will literally cry tears of joy. My hopes for Isaac in the base roster were beginning to dwindle, just with all the Box talk and the quickly approaching release date. But seeing this leak has really revitalized my Isaac hype. Plus it's got Mach Rider, another pipe-dream character I've supported for so long but never thought would ever see the light of day. I'm trying to keep my hype in check, but I really do hope this ends up being real as it would undoubtedly please so many people. I myself would be 100% satisfied with this roster and would have literally nothing else to ask for from the Smash team. I wouldn't even care if they decided to do DLC or not.

Anyways, Isaac fans have had it pretty rough, but I think this really could be his time to shine.

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I don't think it's too ridiculous. A lot of us here have speculated that we think that Isaac was supposed to be revealed in the Direct that was delayed because of the Hokkaido earthquake. Any echo characters won't get any kind of character trailer, just a small section inside of a direct. It could have originally lined up as the last direct being 1. Start up with revealing Geno 2. Chorus Kids 3. Echos 4. Sakurai shows off his Mach Rider (totally a Sakurai surprise pick) 5. End it all with Banjo.

I don't know, that doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.
This is true, I guess I could just be taking the whole idea of slowing down the rate of reveals to an extreme. This whole cycle of speculation has busted expectations left and right. :)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
actually i think this leak came at just the right time

isn't that japanese event gonna have the full playable version of ultimate?

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
This has to either be legit, or a god level leak.
Two things worries me thought. How blurry it it, and what the guy wrote. "nique nintendo mdr", which translates to "**** nintendo lol" which is very immature coming from who is supposedly a professional from the promo material printing/stuff industry. And written on a paper (though it's printed on it) "Je vous" and we can't see the rest. It could be "Je vous ai eu" ("I got you") in a very elaborate troll.
But that's the only things that could make me doubt, tbh if this is a troll, that guy deserves a ****ing medal.
Or maybe it is a really immature lower level employee who didn't get a raise and said "screw you all here is my resignation pic"

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess out of 1000s of people that are involved in Smash's whole path, there always might be that one guy who doesn't care that much about his job and doesn't give a damn if the surprise is ruined for everyone or not. (See the smash wii u roster leak)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
WOW!!! If this was fake, how would they have guessed that!?!

Also, Nazyrus Nazyrus , you better get that Isaac render ready when he's revealed! lol
I will only regret not having it ready if the official render is not better than just the face one I did lol, but I have strong hope he will look great. I'm still struggling with the pose.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
They're so desperate to find inconsistencies it hurts.
I'm all for hyping responsibly and will not fully believe this leak ( despite how much hype it created for me knowing it contained Isaac) until we get actual confirmation, but all I got out of their discussion video was them just cherry picking the same old points like " Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers" and then laughing hard about its blurry parts.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I will only regret not having it ready if the official render is not better than just the face one I did lol, but I have strong hope he will look great. I'm still struggling with the pose.
Then how about the pose in the banner art? That would be awesome! And to see Flint by his side! :)

Also, this Grinch Leak really feels like the ESRB leak all over again. Only this time, it's hype indusing.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or do the sourcegaming folks really want this leak to be fake despite them saying otherwise?
I was on their stream for a while.

I think they want to plays devils advocate and try to not overhype people which seems a pretty sensible thing to do IMO.

That said the best counter argument is "It could be a leak made by an insider who didnt meant for his name to spread"

Im still cautious team, but that argument doesnt kill it for me.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We don't even have the official render, but I'll be dammed if that'll stop me from updating my profile pic.

WE MADE IT BOYS!

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman

I think they want to plays devils advocate and try to not overhype people which seems a pretty sensible thing to do IMO.

That said the best counter argument is "It could be a leak made by an insider who didnt meant for his name to spread"

I am too, but honestly I don't think their discussion was going anywhere with the points they made aside from the fact that we should hype responsibly, seeing how people (like me) often jump onto leaks too quickly.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

I think a lot of the big names in the community (GX, Source Gaming) all try to do the whole "hype responsibly" thing, but it always bothers me that they think that they are the ones to temper people's expectations. I understand where they're coming from, but it's pretentious as hell to me. Just let me be happy, man.

That having been said, WE MADE IT BOYS!

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of the big names in the community (GX, Source Gaming) all try to do the whole "hype responsibly" thing, but it always bothers me that they think that they are the ones to temper people's expectations. I understand where they're coming from, but it's pretentious as hell to me. Just let me be happy, man.

That having been said, WE MADE IT BOYS!
When they mentioned how all the assist trophies' removals bearing Isaac were conspicuous I wanted to cringe. Oddly enough, another guy mentioned that Isaac was in smash 4 not too long after and then they all seemed to go with it so meh :/

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/MLFoxwell/status/1055193611468505088

Isaac's bigger hater on twitter came around. It's a christmas miracle. Holy crap.
I guess you could say his heart grew 3 times today! Lol

At first glance it does seem like too many new characters but we have pretty reliable sources claiming we will get two directs in November. We could get a Mewtwo and Lucas situation in a general direct where they use them to announce the final Smash direct which will give us the final three newcomers and the two echoes.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Don't want to be a raincloud, but until it's in the bag I'd still caution against celebrating prematurely...
Until I see 100% proof this leak is wrong, I'm celebrating like there's no tomorrow, man.

It's interesting thought, because I was basically 100% sure Isaac was in, I still feel like I'll be just as hyped for his reveal trailer like if he hadn't been leaked. I can't wait for the next Direct!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Don't want to be a raincloud, but until it's in the bag I'd still caution against celebrating prematurely...
I think everyone should go by this mentality.

Everything I read today sounds way too good to be true and I don't want to start celebrating prematurely. Especially if this turns out to be one big hoax by the guy to shed attention to himself.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yo, today was crazy, I think I forgot one character that got leaked?

It was Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, Ken, and...? (Was there an 8th character or did I forget how to count?)

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I am very hopeful that this leak is real since I've wanted Isaac in the game for so long - since pre-Brawl, I think! However, the amount of naysaying from the likes of GameXplain and other 'insiders' fills me with trepidation. I will remain hopeful though.
If I remember correctly, GameXplain also called the ESRB leak during Smash 4 fake so they have a pretty bad track record for recognizing real leaks or they choose to be forever pessimistic as their way to never be disappointed.

The fact that the usual leak busters such as Artsyomni and PushDustIn haven’t been able to debunk it yet is quite telling. I’m 99.9% sure this is real but I’ve been disappointed before so there is a chance this leaker created the most elaborate fake leak we’ve ever seen.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Understandable, though I personally think Sakurai fooled people again like the smart person he is by saying "There aren't many left" and intended to drop the bomb at the end with 7 CHARACTERS WILL JOIN THE BATTLE.
If that wouldn't have been leaked (assuming it's true) everyone would have been shocked and Sakurai would have accomplished the "wow"-effect.

EDIT: BUT we don't know what Sakurai meant by "not many left" in the first place :D
Exactly, because even with all of these reveals it is still lower than the lowest amount of fighters added to date. So it is still technically "not that many new fighters"

Top Bottom