• All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Support Smashboards and get Premium Membership today!

Sunrise Up Again! Isaac for Smash Ultimate DLC

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m really happy how well this turned out! Almost felt like I had dev tools here. If only...

Time to break the dour mood of this chat as of late with this awesome piece of work
Also don't forget the 20th anniversary celebration this August, keep sharing!
I’d LOVE a Golden Sun anime/show. If Avatar TLA/Korra can work, so can GS.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So I just had a... concerning thought.

As much as I want and would love to see a Golden Sun revival, I was thinking about what that would look like were that to happen. More specifically, if it were to happen in the Switch's lifetime, given that Camelot just revealed Mario Golf I imagine it would end up being near the end of the Switch's lifecycle. And I am just worried that we would end up in an all too familiar scenario where people are moving on to the next big thing and Golden Sun just sorta gets passed by due to circumstance. Anyone else worried about that being a possibility? I suppose I'm getting a bit ahead of myself since who even knows if it would ever happen anyway, but like if it were maybe it would almost be better to wait? But then they would probably just go back to making a new Tennis and Golf first, so I dunno how you would get around that.

Maybe the best chance is for the Switch Pro revision rumor to be revealed and for Golden Sun to be made for that. What does everyone else think could happen or how would you hope things go down in order to give the game/s the best chance at success?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

As much as I want and would love to see a Golden Sun revival, I was thinking about what that would look like were that to happen. More specifically, if it were to happen in the Switch's lifetime, given that Camelot just revealed Mario Golf I imagine it would end up being near the end of the Switch's lifecycle. And I am just worried that we would end up in an all too familiar scenario where people are moving on to the next big thing and Golden Sun just sorta gets passed by due to circumstance. Anyone else worried about that being a possibility? I suppose I'm getting a bit ahead of myself since who even knows if it would ever happen anyway, but like if it were maybe it would almost be better to wait? But then they would probably just go back to making a new Tennis and Golf first, so I dunno how you would get around that.

Maybe the best chance is for the Switch Pro revision rumor to be revealed and for Golden Sun to be made for that. What does everyone else think could happen or how would you hope things go down in order to give the game/s the best chance at success?
Honestly I don't worry about that sort of thing. Regardless of when a GS revival were to happen we will move heaven and Weyard to get people to buy it.

N3ON

Devil's Avocado
BRoomer

Whatever Camelot's next project will be will probably arrive during the twilight years of the Switch. That is, unless Nintendo changes their operation and the Switch just becomes an iterative platform of continual upgrades for the foreseeable future. Assuming Nintendo will veer more towards business as usual, it comes down to how successful the successor is. Nintendo has an interesting pattern where success and underperformance tend to habitually fluctuate.

Hopefully Nintendo has learned from their Wii U mistakes and the next system doesn't drag them back down. However, if that's the case, and that system does strike a chord with the market, then yeah, it would ensure the game more commercial viability to release at the outset of the system. Like the original GS.

Because the alternative of releasing on an aging platform is how a lot of smaller titles end up getting overlooked. If Nintendo can maintain the install base, hopefully this will be less of an issue, but there is indeed the unfortunate chance that history repeats itself if not in quality of Dark Dawn then in timing and resulting commercial reception. I hope that's not the case, but it's possible.

On the bright side, if the Switch is coming to a close, then that probably means plans for a new Smash are getting off the ground, and if Golden Sun releases in that timeframe, it will, for once, put it in a beneficial window for consideration. Mixed with the dwindling first-party competition and the popularity for Isaac that Nintendo has on record, hopefully it will be enough to leverage a spot for the series among the roster next time. Granted, that entails the stars coming together to some extent. But if GS does get on the roster, it will then receive perennial attention and the resulting requests for more like F-Zero and Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I don't think there's anything wrong with releasing at the end of the Switch, if it isn't a few months before the arrival of the next console and the game gets a lot more attention, praise from fans and room to breathe I could see it boding a lot more well than Dark Dawn did. Regardless of the outcome we'll be there to push the word for this game out.
Also Miitopia is a lot more customisable than everyone expected. It's going to fun seeing what people create Golden Sun wise for this game.
Finally this awesome Golden Sun shirt is only available for less than six hours so if you want one you better pick it up fast 👀

SPEN18

Smash Ace
I think that most people here would take a Golden Sun at the end of the Switch's lifetime over no Golden Sun at all
But also I thought the hope was that the Switch would last long enough that even having GS after Tennis+Golf would not push it too close to the Switch's dying days

Guynamednelson

Smash Hero
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The recent news surrounding Toys For Bob makes me more grateful that at least Nintendo doesn't force all their studios to work on the same franchise and that we at least have some hope of a new GS.
Be glad Nintendo has multiple cash cows full of milk and not just one. Be very, very glad.

Last edited:

N3ON

Devil's Avocado
BRoomer
The recent news surrounding Toys For Bob makes me more grateful that at least Nintendo doesn't force all their studios to work on the same franchise and that we at least have some hope of a new GS.
Them taking a page from Activision would be horrible. On the other hand, they can't get away with doing that, since they have a system to keep afloat, and they can't do that with just one IP. Activision is just a third-party, their obligations are less.

But it is funny to say that here specifically when Camelot has just been pumping out Mario games for a decade.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think that most people here would take a Golden Sun at the end of the Switch's lifetime over no Golden Sun at all
But also I thought the hope was that the Switch would last long enough that even having GS after Tennis+Golf would not push it too close to the Switch's dying days
Oh absolutely. I was just thinking in terms of the future health of the series in that hypothetical. Also my concerns have been somewhat assuaged (to the extent that it even matters right now given that nothing is probably happening anyway lol). Mostly I just feel like Nintendo has a track record of throwing out smaller titles to die at the end of a consoles lifespan with little to no advertisement and then being like well I guess people didn't want it.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Also looks like a performance trick by Ganondorf with Jigglypuff as his assistant and Isaac was chosen from the audience for the trick. Lmao

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Just one more month till we finally get to E3!

pofehof

Smash Rookie
But it is funny to say that here specifically when Camelot has just been pumping out Mario games for a decade.
It's not just this decade. Golden Sun is basically a blip compared to everything Camelot has done under Nintendo, which is just Mario Golf and Tennis. (and Mobile Golf I guess).

As for Golden Sun at the end of the Switch's lifespan, think it would be fine if a new console wasn't announced, or if the new console at least had full backwards compatibility with Switch games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom