• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Two years since the November direct and while hearts were broken that day here we are two years later still pushing for the golden boy and on even better prospects for Golden Sun being revived on Switch. We got this!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Or maybe Sakurai just really likes Bomberman. :drshrug:
Nah. H'e hav ebeen given a ... bomb... move, if that were the case.

My one big regret to the PreMiium's is that they don't get a signature move.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Luigi knows who the reliable one is. lol

2 years since that Smash Direct which shattered many hopes and dreams. But man has it made us more stronger than ever! The Sun WILL rise again for us, Adepts!

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Billy! I just saw it was online. Just to clarify, I wasn't rushing you, just wanted to know how you were going with the video as I enjoy your content (specially if involves anything about GS).
Where is your profile pic from? I'd like the full image please

ZelDan

Smash Master
Let's show them!
Don't see why they added Warioware with Wario Land. WarioWare had WarioWare Gold back in 2018 and has been consistent with releases up to that point.

Also why isn't F-Zero on the list?

Whatever voted Golden Sun. Not all too surprisingly it is losing right now.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Don't see why they added Warioware with Wario Land. WarioWare had WarioWare Gold back in 2018 and has been consistent with releases up to that point.

Also why isn't F-Zero on the list?

Whatever voted Golden Sun. Not all too surprisingly it is losing right now.
The list is pretty freaking dumb yeah. Earthbound series is finished, all people want is just a mother 3 port, not a revival of something that is already finished. Really GS is the only one in that list that makes sense getting a revival and has a story to finish. I would have put F-Zero, Advance wars, etc, instead of the other ones personally.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The list is pretty freaking dumb yeah. Earthbound series is finished, all people want is just a mother 3 port, not a revival of something that is already finished. Really GS is the only one in that list that makes sense getting a revival and has a story to finish. I would have put F-Zero, Advance wars, etc, instead of the other ones personally.
Actually, the first poll (this is only the second one) had both F-Zero AND Advance Wars on it. FYI, when I last checked, F-Zero was winning on that poll.

ZelDan

Smash Master
... The tweet literally says to see the reply for round 1, which has the games you're asking for.
I didn't realize or forgot that this was a continuation of a fan poll, so my bad.

My point about Warioware still stands though. He Should have just left it as "Wario Land." Warioware hasn't really been dormant at all.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I grinded quickplay to avoid looking at the news. Wasn't having a spectacular run but this happened:

Been trying since Day 1, and I know they lowered the requirements, but still huge W for me. I actually had a challenge to push for Elite Smash before Golden Sun got a playable character, and I guess I won?

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I would have supported Isacc for Smash Ultimate had he not been relegated to an assist.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I would have supported Isacc for Smash Ultimate had he not been relegated to an assist.
Join us and do it anyway! We don't care how likely/unlikely it is, we just like supporting Isaac and talking about Golden Sun.

Side note, and I know this is a typo, so don't think I'm making fun of you: I've seen lots of people misspell Isaac's name with two s's, this is the first time I've seen someone use two c's.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Long term support for a character even when the odds are stacked against you is what sometimes helps a character get in. King K.Rool fans continued to vote for him back in the days of the ballot even after he became a Mii costume and Ridley fans still pushed for him after the boss.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Join us and do it anyway! We don't care how likely/unlikely it is, we just like supporting Isaac and talking about Golden Sun.

Side note, and I know this is a typo, so don't think I'm making fun of you: I've seen lots of people misspell Isaac's name with two s's, this is the first time I've seen someone use two c's.
I think it is generally a difficult name for many.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think it is generally a difficult name for many.
Very true, I'm sure there are plenty of my early messages with his name misspelled. It's just usually the name is misspelled with two s's (like Issac) and it was the first time I've seen it like Isacc (with two c's). Not making fun of anyone, I just find it funny how often his name gets misspelled. It's tough at first!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I can still add you to the support list if you want me to.

Edit: Sales data for FP2 was strong, and Steve wasn’t even confirmed before the end of September so the only one that caused this was Min Min, a first-party character.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I think Isaac could surprise everyone as the “Assist upgrade” to Playable Fighter, just like Min Min did as the “Spirit upgrade”. I can imagine this guy being DLC 11 = 81 or maybe even after it.

There is no way you can ignore characters like Geno, Isaac and a few more to be playable right now. I think my boy Geno is happening 100%, and after him Crash, Lloyd, Hayabusa and surprises like Isaac or more First parties like Dixie, Bandana or Skull Kid. Out of all the Assist; I think the best chances are between Waluigi and Isaac.

May all our most wanted see light!

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Do it anyway. Those who give up don't get their fighter.

Long term support for a character even when the odds are stacked against you is what sometimes helps a character get in. King K.Rool fans continued to vote for him back in the days of the ballot even after he became a Mii costume and Ridley fans still pushed for him after the boss.
Who needs logic? Go with your heart-Keep on pushing.
I love Isaac and I love Golden Sun, but being confirmed as an assist is a definitive deathblow to your chances as a playable fighter. King K Rool and Ridley had the benefit of not being assists which helped them alongside their popularity in the Smash Ballot. What Golden Sun fans really deserve are the Gameboy Advance games being ported/remastered for the Nintendo Switch.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I love Isaac and I love Golden Sun, but being confirmed as an assist is a definitive deathblow to your chances as a playable fighter. King K Rool and Ridley had the benefit of not being assists which helped them alongside their popularity in the Smash Ballot. What Golden Sun fans really deserve are the Gameboy Advance games being ported/remastered for the Nintendo Switch.
You're totally allowed to think so, but I have to disagree. Not only was Spring Man considered for the ARMS rep (he wasn't chosen because the director of ARMS wanted Min Min, not because he was an Assist) but Bomberman's new Mii Costume is nearly the exact Assist model, thus meaning the team isn't worried about possible confusion between the Assist and the player character.

As for K. Rool and Ridley not being Assists during the Ballot, neither was Isaac. His Assist was completely absent from Smash For, while Ridley was a boss and K. Rool was also absent.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
You're totally allowed to think so, but I have to disagree. Not only was Spring Man considered for the ARMS rep (he wasn't chosen because the director of ARMS wanted Min Min, not because he was an Assist) but Bomberman's new Mii Costume is nearly the exact Assist model, thus meaning the team isn't worried about possible confusion between the Assist and the player character.

As for K. Rool and Ridley not being Assists during the Ballot, neither was Isaac. His Assist was completely absent from Smash Four, while Ridley was a boss and K. Rool was also absent.
But Ridley was a stage boss and Sakurai himself said he was too big.
I understand where you both are coming from. I suppose there is a sliver of hope through a technicality, Dark Dawn Isaac.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I understand where you both are coming from. I suppose there is a sliver of hope through a technicality, Dark Dawn Isaac.
Or if the AT absolutely needs to stay, have Garet take the role since he can use all the Psynergy featured.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
They're the same character, just a different appearance. Like I said, with Bomberman, it doesn't matter how visually alike the models are.

One of those is the Assist, one is the Mii Costume. It's practically one-to-one.

Last edited:

Nawgust

Smash Rookie
Between Min Min proving that base game roles can be reimagined and Bomberman showing that a character can be simultaneously playable and an AT, there's really no reason to assume that Isaac couldn't be playable if that's what Sakurai and Nintendo choose. That argument is dead and buried at this point, although everyone is entitled to their opinion.

That being said, with only four spots left, nobody is "likely" at this point. Min Min and Bomberman simply prove that more options are on the table than there were for fighter's pass one, which still includes, y'know, the entirety of gaming.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
They're the same character, just a different appearance. Like I said, with Bomberman, it doesn't matter have visually alike the models are.

One of those is the Assist, one is the Mii Costume. It's practically one-to-one.
Yeah, but Mii costumes and assists are not comparable to assists and fighters. No fighter has been an assist in the same game, and I just don't see this trend breaking unless it's adult Isaac from Dark Dawn who makes it in.

Top Bottom