• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Should probably throw in Min Min for Nintendo and Joker for Sakurai. Hero seemed like they were something both parties were enthusiastic about. I'll have to double-check for Banjo
Joker was definitely a Sakurai pick as well.

Banjo was probably a present to the US audience, and Hero a present to the Japanese audience. That leaves a need for a present to the EU audience, which Isaac would be a good fit for, honestly.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
While I don't believe it because no Proof, I entertain it because why not...

Where's Shadow?
Not in. I don't know why. My guess is that maybe he wouldn't really be different from sonic and they don't want to take the time to make echo fighters?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Sorry man, but I call bull'. No way to know that much, that far ahead.
Plus I doubt there'd be such a thing as "AT focused pass". Unless it's advertised as such and all characters are revealed in advance. I think AT character will just happen in pass2 (and 3 if we do get one) out of "nowhere", just because they got selected and that's it.

I mean, you hadn't heard of the GS remake before, and now you claim to have insider exclusive info with tons of details lol

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Joker was definitely a Sakurai pick as well.

Banjo was probably a present to the US audience, and Hero a present to the Japanese audience. That leaves a need for a present to the EU audience, which Isaac would be a good fit for, honestly.
Actually, Japan was pretty happy with Banjo too. From what I can gather, Hero was added because Dragon Quest is a Japanese cultural phenomenon (And was actually meant to be in the base game but was pushed back), while Banjo was added due to his immense popularity.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Some insider Info:

After fighter pass 2 there will be a third pass dedicated to upgrading AT characters (It will be stated that all of the characters are AT being upgraded to playable).
In this order: Waluigi, Isaac, Alucard, Skull kid, Takamaru.
While playing as them, the AT can't appear from the AT item.
Will be announced Q4 of 2021

Congratulations everyone! You did it. Now just to wait.
April Fools aint for another 6 months.

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Some insider Info:

After fighter pass 2 there will be a third pass dedicated to upgrading AT characters (It will be stated that all of the characters are AT being upgraded to playable).

Seems like too good to be true. But a 3rd season pass seems the most reasonable thing at this point. Why stop now, right?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Some insider Info:

Given Isaac & Alucard are your most wanted characters, and they both "just so happen" to appear in your "insider information"...

You're not fooling anybody in this thread. If you meant it, you'd have shared this post on the Alucard thread already.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Given Isaac & Alucard are your most wanted characters, and they both "just so happen" to appear in your "insider information"...

You're not fooling anybody in this thread. If you meant it, you'd have shared this post on the Alucard thread already.
He did. He's really trying to make people believe it at least

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
He did. He's really trying to make people believe it at least
Exactly, he already did. Thing is, how can someone have knowledge of not only 1 or 2 new characters, but the whole (hypothetical) 3rd season pass coming on 2022? Seems off...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Pretty sure that was a joke lol, all upgrades? yeah no lol. And people here are smart enough to know well that NO ONE leaks entire smash DLCs, EVER. It's literally impossible to get that amount of content, specially content that isn't even being developed yet, SPECIALLY first party stuff which only is ever really known within a week of reveal at best.

Nice try, altho not really, lol. We don't even need these type of things with what we actually know already. That stuff can stay in 4chan :p

Last edited:

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Man, all this GS discussion about a remaster on Switch, the possibility of a sequel and Isaac on Smash is like a sugar rush. I spend the last couple days watching YT videos about Golden Sun (like the one from Billybae10K Billybae10K , which I highly recommend), and now I'm between playing all three games again, or wait to play the remaster.

After so many years waiting for some news about ANYTHING, and Camelot being radio silent about the future of the franchise, this really looks like the best moment to be a GS fan. I really hope Nintendo does a proper marketing campaign (as with Xenoblade and FE), so we can have more GS in the future.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Um, this might be a weird question to ask, but do we know how Camelot is doing financially? Like, it's been awhile since Mario Tennis, and these sports games are normally an annual thing. I know there's a chance they're just THAT focused on what appears to be a new Golden Sun game (no offense, but I can't bring myself to believe it until I actually see it), but the fact that they haven't announced ANYTHING since Aces, not even another sports game to pad things out, has me a little nervous. We've already lost Alpha Dream, and we might even lose Level-5 depending on what they do now that their Western division is going under. I know, those are different situations, but... 2020 has NOT been kind to anyone. I honestly can't help but worry.

Not trying to bring down the mood or anything, just something I wanted to ask about.
Mario Tennis Aces has sold over 3 million copies.

That's all you need to know.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Mario Tennis Aces has sold over 3 million copies.

That's all you need to know.
Yeah Camelot should be fine regardless what they are making, if anything Aces success helps ensure their next project gets more funding and hopefully more time since there is no denying that Aces and especially Ultra Smash felt like they were rushed out the door.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Some insider Info:

Nintendo have been so tight lipped about first party inclusions in the DLC that we didn't know about Byleth or Min Min until the day of their announcements. But sure, we know about 5 assist upgrades FOURTEEN months before we're due to find out.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Camelot should be fine regardless what they are making, if anything Aces success helps ensure their next project gets more funding and hopefully more time since there is no denying that Aces and especially Ultra Smash felt like they were rushed out the door.
Yeah, the success of Aces gives them a lot of overhead and wiggle room to be a little more daring with their next project. That a new Mario Sports title was trademarked just recently is probably a good sign. It means they probably haven't been working on a Mario Sports title this whole time. They've never really been a studio to just up and (willingly) take a break, even looking back to their beyond the beyond days.

But who knows, they could pull a sneaky on us and release a brand new IP like Gamefreak did with Home, or Town, or w/e it was.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, the success of Aces gives them a lot of overhead and wiggle room to be a little more daring with their next project. That a new Mario Sports title was trademarked just recently is probably a good sign. It means they probably haven't been working on a Mario Sports title this whole time. They've never really been a studio to just up and (willingly) take a break, even looking back to their beyond the beyond days.

But who knows, they could pull a sneaky on us and release a brand new IP like Gamefreak did with Home, or Town, or w/e it was.
Little Hero Town, I believe. Promptly flopped, most likely because of the complete lack of advertising.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Good try trying to make all of us believe this 3rd pass of upgrades lol.

So Billybae10K Billybae10K thanks a lot for your video about GS. I certainly shared it to friends and on my Twitter to make exposure!

Also could it be possible that a new Mario sports game comes out before the GS HD? Even if the trademark of such game has been signed recently?

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Good try trying to make all of us believe this 3rd pass of upgrades lol.

So Billybae10K Billybae10K thanks a lot for your video about GS. I certainly shared it to friends and on my Twitter to make exposure!

Also could it be possible that a new Mario sports game comes out before the GS HD? Even if the trademark of such game has been signed recently?
I'm not Billy, but In my opinion, the only chance of that is if two things happen:

1) Camelot takes a long, long time to make their current project as good as it can be

and

2) Namco or someone else is making the new sports title.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt we’re getting a Mario sports game anytime soon and by soon I mean 2021. Nintendo just had a big Mario direct and showed off some things for next year too. So I feel if a Mario sports title was planned to release next year...Nintendo would have at least mentioned it.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Also related to the Mario Sports trademark is that Camelot doesn't actually make any games branded as "Mario Sports", only Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. Mario Sports has been developed by two teams: Mario Sports Mix on Wii (a great game, by the way) developed by Square Enix and Mario Sports Superstars on 3DS developed by Bandai Namco (with golf and tennis from Camelot). Given that Camelot wouldn't be the primary developer on a Mario Sports title there's no way a Golf game would take 3+ years to develop.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Finally got my big megathread up and it has the general going ons of our campaign, a document helping to back up Golden Sun's return, my moveset which I've been teasing for a year and drum roll the next Golden Sunday which will celebrate Dark Dawn's anniversary. Of course RTs and spreading it in general would be much appreciated. These are excerpts from the thread but I'd appreciate if you read the whole thing
Honestly.... this made me cry. I cannot say i would not be ever so slightly not let down to be able to summon Djinn as combined forms before a final Smash- but you've just brought a character so beloved to me in a brilliantly adapted way. This is not only a fun moveset, but is art in programming. I hope Sakurai finds a way to get your ideas into his branding.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The Arch-Illager remix is confirmed to be done by Motoi Sakuraba, he was completely absent from the last fighters pass so hopefully this means he has more in store for us which could mean he could work on remixes on games he's done before like Tales of Symphonia or hopefully Golden Sun

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I highly doubt we’re getting a Mario sports game anytime soon and by soon I mean 2021. Nintendo just had a big Mario direct and showed off some things for next year too. So I feel if a Mario sports title was planned to release next year...Nintendo would have at least mentioned it.
I think we already have the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games that will be given some level of spotlight for the actual games now being in 2021.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So the madman did a new remix for Steve, yet we didn't get new tracks for Isaac huh? yeah… the sus intensifies, lol. Between lloyd and isaac, he would have a hell of work to do :p cause you know he would definitely want to make remixes for smash alone, not just ported existing tracks into the game

Last edited:

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
For reference, Sakuraba had 5 new tracks on the base game: How to Play, Vs. Parasite Queen, Wood Man Stage, Fourside and Magicant; the last 2 being the only new EarthBound remixes in Ultimate.
He didn't remixed the song from the last fight of Golden Sun TLA? That's odd. Right?

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, Motoi Sakuraba did the Arch-Illager remix for Steve's challenger pack.
Obviously he was a big part of the base game, but knowing he's still actively working on the DLC even into the most recent packs is good to know, and probably... not a good sign for us per say, just kind of another box that's been ticked. If you get what I mean. Not super important 'Oh my god, it's happening' but still a point in our favor.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I don't see many scenarios where we would get both Isaac and Lloyd out of the remaining characters.
I don't see why not? I mean, Isaac getting added is as a result of the ballot/ Golden Sun getting a new game, and Lloyd getting added is a result of Namco's involvement/ Tales' prominence in Japan. They cover different bases, they just happen to share a composer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's not like we haven't gotten multiple JRPG characters in a DLC cycle before, Lloyd getting in first before Isaac or vice versa isn't a death sentence to the other
I'd be concerned about how they keep bringing back all the third-party Mii costumes instead of making them fighters, but yeah, Lloyd and Isaac can coexist. They'd definitely have different playstyles for one.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Obviously he was a big part of the base game, but knowing he's still actively working on the DLC even into the most recent packs is good to know, and probably... not a good sign for us per say, just kind of another box that's been ticked. If you get what I mean. Not super important 'Oh my god, it's happening' but still a point in our favor.
The main part is that while he's back yeah, he didn't do a single song in the entirety of last cycle. Meanwhile all the other composers that did Steve's music actually did do songs last cycle, he's the odd one out in that regard.

My guess is that he was too busy to justify going for him last cycle, but he's been just as busy lately, so I feel like there may be another reason at hand

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't see why not? I mean, Isaac getting added is as a result of the ballot/ Golden Sun getting a new game, and Lloyd getting added is a result of Namco's involvement/ Tales' prominence in Japan. They cover different bases, they just happen to share a composer.
Primarily, because silhouette's have mattered to some variety since the start of the game. It's why we had Falco over Wolf, it's why we have the familiar 'Challenger Approaches' sign, and yeah- Sakurai has said that it's one of the ways he knows fans see variances in the competitiveness of the fighters.

I'm not saying they don't have differences, I'm just saying they casually don't actually cover much of different needed checklists.

Again, just how I see it, I'm not really looking to turn this into a bash of Lloyd. I just see more worlds where one would option out a character rather than not. And that I don't think Isaac is even inherently more likely, though I'd of course prefer him.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The main part is that while he's back yeah, he didn't do a single song in the entirety of last cycle. Meanwhile all the other composers that did Steve's music actually did do songs last cycle, he's the odd one out in that regard.

My guess is that he was too busy to justify going for him last cycle, but he's been just as busy lately, so I feel like there may be another reason at hand
I believe there's a new Tales game coming soon that he's composing, so it would make sense if his time has been spent on that (and the Golden Sun remake, of course :p)

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Oh okay so the new Mario SPorts is not developped by Camelot that's a very good thing in fact.

And i think it was Tales Of Arise the name of the new Tales Of being developped? So yeah the man could be working on it. Maybe the remake of Demon Souls? Since he has done if i remeber the tracks for Dark Souls.

Anyways that's a good track for Steve ! I tried him a few minutes ago and i totally love it. Not used yet to the blocks placement thing but it sure is fun to play ^^

Top Bottom