• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SharkLord

Smash Hero
But they did put PoR and RD Ike in one slot, even though RD is more muscular.
Yeah, but Ike's figure didn't change to much over the course of three years. The gap between GS1/TLA and DD was three decades; Generally, that's going to have a lot more changes, especially seeing as Isaac was still a teenager back then.
Indeed, it could just be young!Isaac in daddy!Isaac's clothes
I feel like that would basically just be a Matthew alt color

Well, not entirely a straight-up palette swap, but it would feel kinda redundant if Matthew's part of Isaac's alts.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Uh, no? Why would they plan an extra? They promised all the fighters would come with a stage and music. Waluigi is gonna come with mario sport related stuff. That trademark could definitely tie into it.
Trademarks have absolutely nothing to do with Smash, nor they ever appear tied to any characters inclusion. This is a very, very old mistaken assumption to make that even we here learned way back then in 2018 when we thought the GS trademark had anything to do with isaac, when it never did, just like it didn't back in Brawl. Never mix trademarks with smash, it's completely unrelated, because the purpose of trademarks is something else entirely that falls in no place during character negotiations for Smash. They are for legally protecting new brands / brand's new products.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hey guys since I am almost done scripting the video for the Isaac for smash animation I will have ready for the next Golden Sunday, I wanna ask you guys if theirs any critical point in Isaac for smash or Golden sun speculation that I should probably include. Any suggestions or rumors Isaac had during the smash 4 days?
The biggest thing that was going on with Isaac during Smash 4 was the ballot days, according to the Smash4Dojo poll which compiles all the major polls during the era and Isaac did pretty well for himself only being edged out by King K.Rool

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
The biggest thing that was going on with Isaac during Smash 4 was the ballot days, according to the Smash4Dojo poll which compiles all the major polls during the era and Isaac did pretty well for himself only being edged out by King K.Rool
Those polls is what leads to believe Isaac still has a chance to appear as a DLC, right?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Those polls is what leads to believe Isaac still has a chance to appear as a DLC, right?
That's just part of it, a small part of it. That's just an idea of what was the actual demand around the ballot times, that dojo poll specifically, since it was like the biggest one back then. He was always at the highest spots in every poll including that dojo one which is most likely the most accurate we could probably have around the ballot time. ( In fact if you check it, we got almost everything that was around the top 10 places or so, which was banjo, veterans, wolf, snake, etc).

There's also the situation that both GS and Arms shared during launch of Ultimate, which was lack of music tracks on Arms' end and having 2 tracks that don't even have anything to do with Isaac (the boss from the second game and the overworld theme of the 3rd game), literally not even a new song from last time we had his AT, nor his actual fighting theme. Also spirits that should've been all part of those series were missing, while just having a few of them. Both being shown in that very last presentation before launch while having those weirdly lacky compensations (yes, despite still getting miis, AT, and spirits, it was super weirdly handled overall in comparison to every other AT and series). Arms fixed the music and spirits issue and Pushdustin translated stuff from Sakurai during Min Min's release:

“In order to add content from upcoming games to Smash, Sakurai was able to see a number of Nintendo titles that were still in development. Since it was so difficult to add a character, Sakurai decided to add Spring Man as an assist figure, and give ARMS some spirits.“

Which heavily implies that Arms was meant to be in base roster, but due to "most likely" time limitation and an Arms fighter being more complex to develop, they decided to just go with a mii and an AT and a few spirits at the time. The only reason Min Min didn't happen in Pass 1 is because Pass 1 was also already decided at the time, so Arms had to wait aaaall that time until more chances of DLC to happen, which is what Pass 2 is (in fact pass 2 is described as "more opportunities to satisfy fans"). Isaac's music and spirit situation has yet to make any sense and be fixed, and no other AT aside from Arms and Isaac had this weird way of handling its content for its inclusion in the game.

Now we have ALSO Bomberman's AT happening now, which pretty much proves that they are listening, even now for Pass 2, to base roster backlashes. Since Isaac had a HUGE backlash back then (which even my source confirmed to me back then since he was in contact with people in the company of course), and he has already an AT and a mii fighter, then the next best thing to make up for the backlash is just a fighter.

It's just a bunch of small things here and there that when piled up it really makes you see how likely he actually is in the current look of the situation. And well, if there's that new game coming whenever the hell Camelot decides to announce it… then it wouldn't be surprising if they kill 2 birds with 1 stone by having Isaac not just satisfy fans but also help marketing the return of the series (altho this doesn't NEED to happen for him to be likely anyway, it's just an extra possible plus for us lol, probably a wet dream at this point by how it sounds).

Last edited:

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
That's just part of it, a small part of it. That's just an idea of what was the actual demand around the ballot times, that dojo poll specifically, since it was like the biggest one back then. He was always at the highest spots in every poll including that dojo one which is most likely the most accurate we could probably have around the ballot time. ( In fact if you check it, we got almost everything that was around the top 10 places or so, which was banjo, veterans, wolf, snake, etc).

There's also the situation that both GS and Arms shared during launch of Ultimate, which was lack of music tracks on Arms' end and having 2 tracks that don't even have anything to do with Isaac (the boss from the second game and the overworld theme of the 3rd game), literally not even a new song from last time we had his AT, nor his actual fighting theme. Also spirits that should've been all part of those series were missing, while just having a few of them. Arms fixed the music and spirits issue and Pushdustin translated stuff from Sakurai during Min Min's release:

“In order to add content from upcoming games to Smash, Sakurai was able to see a number of Nintendo titles that were still in development. Since it was so difficult to add a character, Sakurai decided to add Spring Man as an assist figure, and give ARMS some spirits.“

Which heavily implies that Arms was meant to be in base roster, but due to "most likely" time limitation and an Arms fighter being more complex to develop, they decided to just go with a mii and an AT and a few spirits at the time. The only reason Min Min didn't happen in Pass 1 is because Pass 1 was also already decided at the time, so Arms had to wait aaaall that time until more chances of DLC to happen, which is what Pass 2 is (in fact pass 2 is described as "more opportunities to satisfy fans"). Isaac's music and spirit situation has yet to make any sense and be fixed, and no other AT aside from Arms and Isaac had this weird way handling its content. Now we have Bomberman's AT happening which pretty much proves that they are listening, even now for Pass 2, to base roster backlashes. Since Isaac had a HUGE backlash back then (which even my source confirmed to me back then since he was in contact with people in the company of course), and he has already an AT and a mii fighter, then the next best thing to make up for the backlash is just a fighter. It's just a bunch of things here and there that piled up really makes you see how likely he actually is. And well, if there's that new game coming whenever the hell Camelot decides to announce it… then it wouldn't be surprising if they kill 2 birds with 1 stone by having Isaac not just satisfy fans but also help marketing the return of the series.
I do agree that, if Isaac is one of those 4 remaining fighters, he would be announced when the GS remake/remaster is also announced (2 birds with one stone). Seems pretty logical, specially considering is a Nintendo IP (no legal difficulties in that regard). Only thing is, I also believed that was the case for Travis, and... How more/less impact has NMH in comparison to Golden Sun? I believe someone said that GS sold 2 million copies with both GBA games, but I don't know how good/bad NMH regarding sells. All I know is that it's very niche.

In a similar topic, I don't see Nintendo stopping with the 2nd season pass. The hype surrounding the reveals is incredible, so a third season pass seems like a no-brainer. How Smash is going to be after that in a future Nintendo console seems unclear, though.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I do agree that, if Isaac is one of those 4 remaining fighters, he would be announced when the GS remake/remaster is also announced (2 birds with one stone). Seems pretty logical, specially considering is a Nintendo IP (no legal difficulties in that regard). Only thing is, I also believed that was the case for Travis, and... How more/less impact has NMH in comparison to Golden Sun? I believe someone said that GS sold 2 million copies with both GBA games, but I don't know how good/bad NMH regarding sells. All I know is that it's very niche.

In a similar topic, I don't see Nintendo stopping with the 2nd season pass. The hype surrounding the reveals is incredible, so a third season pass seems like a no-brainer. How Smash is going to be after that in a future Nintendo console seems unclear, though.
Sales don't really matter when it comes to Smash inclusions. Sales would factor into decisions like reviving the series or merch but is completely independent of Sakurai's decision to add characters. It could act as an indirect reason, as the sales led Nintendo to revive the series and the revival let Sakurai add Isaac, but Sakurai would never say "hmm, this character's series only sold X million, so they won't get added". As for GS' lifetime, both GBA hit 1 million and DD hit 0.8 million, so we can place total sales at between 3 and 3.5 million, we don't really have exact numbers for the games.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

What gives Isaac an edge over many is that he is 1st Party and is owned by Nintendo. Camelot makes Golden Sun, yes, but Nintendo owns Isaac, the characters, etc. So if the new GS Trademark approval is anything to go by, besides that a new game is in the works, Nintendo ACTIVELY pushed for it. Especially when it got rejected twice. It would be a very smart decision, business wise, to also add Isaac to Smash to help promote the new game. That’s easy money there.
So, who knows?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
What gives Isaac an edge over many is that he is 1st Party and is owned by Nintendo. Camelot makes Golden Sun, yes, but Nintendo owns Isaac, the characters, etc. So if the new GS Trademark approval is anything to go by, besides that a new game is in the works, Nintendo ACTIVELY pushed for it. Especially when it got rejected twice. It would be a very smart decision, business wise, to also add Isaac to Smash to help promote the new game. That’s easy money there.
So, who knows?
and we KNOW Nintendo has been asking for more, since literally over a decade ago, so yeah.

I also included my cute reminder that Takahashi basically gave them the Switch idea for when he would want to bring GS back…lol

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 8.42.56 PM.png

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think, if Isaac gets in, they'd have to clean up his design from his assist - Because as much as we love his assist, the model is rougher than what Sakurai would probably want out of a playable character. But I think we'll still get that original design - Just maybe more high-quality, with extra details that we can appreciate added to make it feel better.
I doubt they actually need to do that much. It's nonsensical to make a purposefully lower-resolution model, especially with the costume existing. It's extremely likely that they already HAVE their "cleaned up" model, and minimal work really needs to be done

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I doubt they actually need to do that much. It's nonsensical to make a purposefully lower-resolution model, especially with the costume existing. It's extremely likely that they already HAVE their "cleaned up" model, and minimal work really needs to be done
Exactly. In all likelihood, they made the high-quality model, modified the proportions for the Mii Costume, then downscaled it for the AT.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Trademarks have absolutely nothing to do with Smash, nor they ever appear tied to any characters inclusion. This is a very, very old mistaken assumption to make that even we here learned way back then in 2018 when we thought the GS trademark had anything to do with isaac, when it never did, just like it didn't back in Brawl. Never mix trademarks with smash, it's completely unrelated, because the purpose of trademarks is something else entirely that falls in no place during character negotiations for Smash. They are for legally protecting new brands / brand's new products.
So what's this new "Mario sports" game?

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Banjo.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Sales don't really matter when it comes to Smash inclusions. Sales would factor into decisions like reviving the series or merch but is completely independent of Sakurai's decision to add characters. It could act as an indirect reason, as the sales led Nintendo to revive the series and the revival let Sakurai add Isaac, but Sakurai would never say "hmm, this character's series only sold X million, so they won't get added". As for GS' lifetime, both GBA hit 1 million and DD hit 0.8 million, so we can place total sales at between 3 and 3.5 million, we don't really have exact numbers for the games.
If he did take sales into account Shulk would have never been added.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
that trademark was for the Banjo figure that got put out awhile ago. The classifications match figurines as opposed to games.
This.
People dont even research the trademarks' class 🤦‍♂️

So what's this new "Mario sports" game?
Something that isnt even gonna happen in 2021 since it just appeared and that means is just starting development, and most likely gonna be made by square enix or namco since they made those. Meanwhile the only legal evidence that supports what camelot has been making over 2+ years ago, since 2018, is golden sun. We have been through this multiple times here, with extensive research.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Um, this might be a weird question to ask, but do we know how Camelot is doing financially? Like, it's been awhile since Mario Tennis, and these sports games are normally an annual thing. I know there's a chance they're just THAT focused on what appears to be a new Golden Sun game (no offense, but I can't bring myself to believe it until I actually see it), but the fact that they haven't announced ANYTHING since Aces, not even another sports game to pad things out, has me a little nervous. We've already lost Alpha Dream, and we might even lose Level-5 depending on what they do now that their Western division is going under. I know, those are different situations, but... 2020 has NOT been kind to anyone. I honestly can't help but worry.

Not trying to bring down the mood or anything, just something I wanted to ask about.

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
But is not Sakurai how make the choice, but Nintendo instead (like Minecraft). I do believe the inclusion of Travis would have been really cool, and I really feel sorry for people how wanted him on Smash.

Regarding GS, 3 or 3,5 million copies is very good! Xenoblade remaster sold 1,5 million, I believe. I can see how a new GS game (remaster or sequel) can really help the franchise to reach a new level of recognition among other people. It seems like what happened to Xenoblade.

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Something that isnt even gonna happen in 2021 since it just appeared and that means is just starting development, and most likely gonna be made by square enix or namco since they made those. Meanwhile the only legal evidence that supports what camelot has been making over 2+ years ago, since 2018, is golden sun. We have been through this multiple times here, with extensive research.
Yeah, probably the same as the new trademark for Dark Dawn. It's very new (started the process on mid 2020), so maybe on 2022/2023 (for both Mario Sports and GSDD).

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
But is not Sakurai how make the choice, but Nintendo instead (like Minecraft). I do believe the inclusion of Travis would have been really cool, and I really feel sorry for people how wanted him on Smash.

Regarding GS, 3 or 3,5 million copies is very good! Xenoblade remaster sold 1,5 million, I believe. I can see how a new GS game (remaster or sequel) can really help the franchise to reach a new level of recognition among other people. It seems like what happened to Xenoblade.
There was also an article where the Xenoblade producer mentioned the huge impact of Shulk being in Smash bros and how it helped bring awareness to the character and kept the series in the public eye. Putting Isaac in Smash will bring new waves of fans wanting to play the new GS. It's already proven to work with Shulk. If we get the Golden Sun game and Isaac's not on the pass I'm going to be scratching my head like, why wouldn't you replicate success?

Can't you see I really want to kill two birds with one stone with the double Smash and game reveal lol.

Last edited:

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
There was also an article where the Xenoblade producer mentioned the huge impact of Shulk being in Smash bros and how it helped bring awareness to the character and kept the series in the public eye. Putting Isaac in Smash will bring new waves of fans wanting to play the new GS. It's already proven to work with Shulk. If we get the Golden Sun game and Isaac's not on the pass I'm going to be scratching my head like, why wouldn't you replicate success?

Can't you see I really want to kill two birds with one stone with the double Smash and game reveal lol.
Exactly! Do the same and you would have good results again! How knows, maybe could surpass Xenoblade.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I agree with everyone else that sales aren't everything, but to answer your question, NMH has sold way less than GS, with none of the games coming close to a million (sales data isn't too conclusive, but I don't think any of the games even crossed half a million copies sold).

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

It seems to be a mix of both. While Byleth and Steve seemed to have been picked by Nintendo, Terry was without a doubt a present for Sakurai. I'm glad he got it, too after all the work he's put in.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** I'm back from two weeks straight of Genshin Impact. Y'all should try that game it's amazing.

If he did take sales into account Shulk would have never been added.
And Earthbound.

Um, this might be a weird question to ask, but do we know how Camelot is doing financially?
We have no idea what the revenue model looks like. Could be literally anything, but Aces selling very well is certainly not a bad thing. I'm 99.99% sure Nintendo is writing the checks for the development over the last 2 and a half years for Camelot anyway, I wouldn't be worried.

Also, selectable Biomes on the Minecraft level by holding down certain buttons...

Selectable Lighthouses on the Golden Sun level? 🤔

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It seems to be a mix of both. While Byleth and Steve seemed to have been picked by Nintendo, Terry was without a doubt a present for Sakurai. I'm glad he got it, too after all the work he's put in.
Should probably throw in Min Min for Nintendo and Joker for Sakurai. Hero seemed like they were something both parties were enthusiastic about. I'll have to double-check for Banjo

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Should probably throw in Min Min for Nintendo and Joker for Sakurai. Hero seemed like they were something both parties were enthusiastic about. I'll have to double-check for Banjo
Based on what's mentioned in these posts, that would make both of the sole two first party representation in DLC so far, the result of Nintendo. I think Sakurai has moved on to Ultimate being the biggest colab of franchises and celebration of gaming as a whole, which is why I've been leaning more heavily to Isaac coming down to Nintendo more than Sakurai.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, selectable Biomes on the Minecraft level by holding down certain buttons...

Selectable Lighthouses on the Golden Sun level? 🤔
This is something Project+ did, letting you select between the Venus and Mercury Lighthouses even if they never completed Project M Isaac. I'd expect Sakurai to one up them with Mars and Jupiter Lighthouse options as well.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Some insider Info:

After fighter pass 2 there will be a third pass dedicated to upgrading AT characters (It will be stated that all of the characters are AT being upgraded to playable).
In this order: Waluigi, Isaac, Alucard, Skull kid, Takamaru.
While playing as them, the AT can't appear from the AT item.
Will be announced Q4 of 2021

Congratulations everyone! You did it. Now just to wait.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Some insider Info:

After fighter pass 2 there will be a third pass dedicated to upgrading AT characters (It will be stated that all of the characters are AT being upgraded to playable).
In this order: Waluigi, Isaac, Alucard, Skull kid, Takamaru.
While playing as them, the AT can't appear from the AT item.
Will be announced Q4 of 2021

Congratulations everyone! You did it. Now just to wait.
Is this Real or Joke?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is this Real or Joke?
I feel like anything just randomly posted in a Smashboards thread is likely just a joke.

Besides I don't see an assist trophy upgrade pass ever happening. (even if we did get a third pass) I don't see either Sakurai or Nintendo wanting to limit themselves like that.

Last edited:

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Thank you! Yeah, you can feel the love during Terry presentation. I used to play with him when playing KOF and Fatal Fury, his inclusion was great. And he's so fun to play.

I'm just here to have Sakurai do a Golden Sun history lesson.
I love this "Sakurai presents"! Is like "Fun with Flags" (Big Bang Theory) but with Smash fighters and their franchises XD. Imagine a presentation with the same level of dedication as Terry/Minecraft. That would be a dream! Closing with "Dark Dawn ended in such a cliffhanger, I wonder when we would see its sequel?".

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Is this Real or Joke?
100% real. No source or I will get found out.

They are doing it as a final "last hurrah" push to get some AT favorites added to the final roster.

They already have base models to use for them and only 2 of them will get a new stage and a few music tracks. It is the least work to get in the most characters.

7NATOR

Smash Master
100% real. No source or I will get found out.

They are doing it as a final "last hurrah" push to get some AT favorites added to the final roster.

They already have base models to use for them and only 2 of them will get a new stage and a few music tracks. It is the least work to get in the most characters.
While I don't believe it because no Proof, I entertain it because why not...

Where's Shadow?

Top Bottom