• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
There are actually 3 battle themes in The Lost Age! It's a priority system, Felix > Isaac > Jenna. Felix is the default, but if he's out and Isaac is in, then you get the first game's battle theme. And if Jenna is in with neither Felix nor Isaac, you'll get her music instead.
And if there's neither Felix, nor Isaac, nor Jenna, there's a blank sound.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

That second pic looks painful. Haha.
Isaac finally seals the evil “Green” Killer Ape to another dimension.

Welcome to the club, PhantomShab PhantomShab . You now know why we love Golden Sun so much and see how much potential it has to be a great Nintendo IP.

And if there's neither Felix, nor Isaac, nor Jenna, there's a blank sound.
Lmao. XD

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So, what's everybody thinking?

I'm getting the vibes that, if the trailer is three minutes long, it'll be a third party with a nice cinematic.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

I'm getting the vibes that, if the trailer is three minutes long, it'll be a third party with a nice cinematic.
I wonder if the 3 minutes include Sakurai's message or not.

Either way, I'm thinking it's gonna be a 1st party again and I don't think it's gonna be Isaac because the apparent new GS game hasn't been announced yet.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't feel it for Isaac this time. A mere 3 minutes presentation is certainly for an autonomous character, without outside explanation nor new game. First or third party? I don't know. Pokémon, Waluigi or Elma would fit, as would Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Layton, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa or a lot of other japanese characters. It probably is an unsurprising character, in the sense it is one that is already discussed a lot in boards; and probably not a western character (Crash, Doom, Master Chief, Lara Croft, LoL, Blizzard rep...).

I decide to expect a Pokemon so I won't be disappointed.
Honestly, I don't really expect Pokémon, but I'll vouch for that for now and should not be more disappointed than that in the end.

After all, I'm still at the big number of zero character I wanted to see getting in for now.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I know it won't be Isaac. But I hope to god that it isn't some random third party character with extremely loose ties to Nintendo consoles. I'm so tired of those characters getting added when there are so many great characters (third party included) that do have actual significance with Nintendo.

Last edited:

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
I definitely don't think it's Isaac, but then I wasn't expecting him to be next anyways even if he is on the pass in general. But I really don't have any idea of who it COULD be - a three minute trailer could be anyone, first or third party. Comparing the three minute quote to the length of time for the other reveal trailers doesn't help either because both first and third parties go all over the place in terms of time. As a precaution against being disappointed/enraged, I'm going to expect another Pokemon (we DID just get the Crown Tundra info), Crash Bandicoot (I get that a lot of people want him but I don't find him that appealing at all and would prefer Spyro anyways), or worse, Minecraft Steve. GOD I hope that last one doesn't happen. But as a hopeful shot-in-the-dark, I'm going to cross my fingers for... Elma (if first party) or Dante (if third).

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Eh, I'm remain hopeful for the golden boi. I don't think he necessarily HAS to be revealed alongside a new GS game if he is to be added to Smash, and I don't think the trailer being 3 minutes long would prevent Isaac or any kind of "hype" character from being revealed tomorrow.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I had a dream last night that Isaac was already in smash, then I woke up and discovered there's a character reveal tomorrow.

Coincidence? Or carefully constructed cosmic plot to get my hopes up and dash them against the rocks for more impact.

There's only one right answer
If 2020 is proof of anything, is that either god doesn't exist or if there IS a god, then he/she/it is clearly a prick.

So I could certainly see the latter scenario being the case.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

Min Min’s trailer is 2:46 and Byleth’s is 3:56 so the trailer being 3 minutes doesn’t really lean to either third or first party.

What’s interesting is that all the trailers that are 3+ minutes either feature multiple characters, characters with different alt skins (Byleth and Hero), or characters with an Echo (Simon and Richter).

I’m not gonna hype myself up but... Isaac and Felix maybe...

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Min Min’s trailer is 2:46 and Byleth’s is 3:56 so the trailer being 3 minutes doesn’t really lean to either third or first party.

What’s interesting is that all the trailers that are 3+ minutes either feature multiple characters, characters with different alt skins (Byleth and Hero), or characters with an Echo (Simon and Richter).

I’m not gonna hype myself up but... Isaac and Felix maybe...
I doubt we are getting echoes at all during FP2. that said, Isaac could potentially have an alt with adult Isaac.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we are getting echoes at all during FP2. that said, Isaac could potentially have an alt with adult Isaac.
Aren't Echo Fighters officially deconfirmed? But that doesn't stop Felix from being an alt.
The speculation goes toward Viewtiful Joe for now on the speculation thread, because of thin signs.
What signs?

Last edited:

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
Good catch! I was looking through the trailers earlier but didn't notice that trend at all. So potentially someone with alt-skins or a viable Echo... hmm, I guess that means it could still technically be Elma or Dante, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. That could also mean Viewtiful Joe as well, but I highly doubt it on the basis that Capcom hasn't really done anything with him since MvC3, and I think they'd prefer to use a more marketable character... so maybe a Monster Hunter after all?

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
The speculation goes toward Viewtiful Joe for now on the speculation thread, because of thin signs.
HENSHIN A GOGO BABY

Aren't Echo Fighters officially deconfirmed?
Not as far as I'm aware, no.

I'm of the mindset that a 3min character announcement for Isaac/Felix AND announcement of Golden Sun Switch, stay tuned for more info would be p poggers.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
Hideki Kamiya's retweeting a bunch of Viewtiful Joe for Smash comments, though that could just as easily be because he's happy to see that people want Viewtiful Joe back in some form. (or because he's messing with our expectations - could go either way, honestly)
Thaaaaat feels like a huge reach. Especially since he's not involved with Capcom or Viewtiful Joe anymore and therefore wouldn't be privy to that kind of knowledge.
Do you think it could be a Tales character? They all have costumes from their home games that could be used as alt-skins here, especially the reference costumes.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So something hit me. As I’m sure you all know, there is strong evidence to suggest a new Golden Sun game is being developed. Well, it just dawned on me that we had a Smash reveal where immediately after it...that character’s new game got announced. I’m talking about Isabelle’s trailer. So of course I start searching for it but I noticed It was only 2 minutes... HOWEVER, GameXplain has the full trailer up with the added Tom Nook section where the new Animal Crossing got announced.
07EC64EA-BBCC-4D50-8940-84EA95E73358.jpeg

Notice the time? 3 minutes!!! Of course I’m not trying to get people overly hyped...but this might be the one!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hideki Kamiya's retweeting a bunch of Viewtiful Joe for Smash comments, though that could just as easily be because he's happy to see that people want Viewtiful Joe back in some form. (or because he's messing with our expectations - could go either way, honestly)
Didn't kamiya once tweeted about joe in smash long ago and nothing happened? just saying…

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Good find but here its says 3 minute and a Sakurai short bit, but is it included in the 3 minutes ? :/

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
As far as I know the japanese tweet says nothing about sakurai's brief message, also Sakurai already apologized for that on twitter so why film that even? I feel like talking about the rest of the pass or possible delays of other characters would be saved by the time he gives us the full presentation for the character, if there was one made for fp7 that is.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Either that or maybe the character has some different alt costumes (like Hero, or the Belmonts minus the echo fighter part) that they want to give their own section in the trailer.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Thaaaaat feels like a huge reach. Especially since he's not involved with Capcom or Viewtiful Joe anymore and therefore wouldn't be privy to that kind of knowledge.
Do you think it could be a Tales character? They all have costumes from their home games that could be used as alt-skins here, especially the reference costumes.

I'd be super happy for the Lloyd bros if their boy made it in, yeah.

If anything though I feel like retweeting stuff like that goes more against him than for him, honestly. Nothing from the first 6 fighter passes, but now we get cryptic hints from the creators? No, personally I think that Nintendo's NDA is air tight, and something like this would get him in trouble, but that's just my $.02

Top Bottom