• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I don’t think it’s that ridiculous to think Golden Sun could be a ways out if that is what Camelot is in fact working on. I mean if they are indeed doing full remakes of the first two Golden Sun games I see no reason to expect that their previous release pace would hold given how long they’ve been working on Mario Sports titles. It stands to reason that this would be a change of pace for them that would require some getting used to. Add that on top of this being a much larger undertaking than say a Mario Tennis game and a pandemic in the recent months and I could easily see the game being a year out of it exists.
It's already past their typical pace. While it is true an RPG can tend to take longer than the average game, GS1 and 2 aren't exactly large games to begin with. Never mind that they have more than enough experience with HD development at this point.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah HD development isn't the issue here, it's clearly just other aspects of the game that could have taken longer than doing them in sprite form, such as rebuilding the world in 3D and such, and even then that's still in their capabilities, as DD already was the first GS game with a 3D-ish world. They have the experience. If the remake is truly both the first 2 games into one, that's actually more of why it could take longer than usual, as those are 2 full games originally and now they could be merging them. If they were only remaking GS 1 i think they wouldn't have taken this long, but that's definitely just pure speculation of mine. Since the original plan was to have only one game but due to hardware limitations they couldn't, my guess is that now they will finally make those 2 first games into one. Again, just my guess on that part.

Also, man…

Mario Aces announced in January 2018, released in June 2018… Nintendo switch
Mario superstars, announced in September 2016, released in March 2017… Nintendo 3DS
Mario Tennis Ultra smash, announced in June 2015 , released in November 2015… Wii U

This is the lapse of time between reveal and release of the 3 latest Camelot games, of which the latest one had a story mode even…

Aces was announced only 10 months after Superstars released.
Superstars was announced less than a year since Tennis Ultra Smash's release

Pandemic or not, Camelot isn't taking 3+ years to release a Mario Golf game, with or without a big mode like story or whatever they could come up with ( we are aware already that Golf is not coming anyway, so we can forget about that one anyway), nor a Mario Sports game (which just got a trademark filed yes, but like i have said many times, that won't be getting approved under a year from now even, nor being developed nearly that quickly) if it is one made again in collaboration with a 3rd party like Bamco like they did with Superstars, which again, look at how they announced that game in less than a year after Tennis Ultra Smash's release. And if the sports game ends being made by a 3rd party like Square Enix made Sports Mix, then it's even less of a worry regardless of its release time. Nothing Mario justifies this lapse of time, nor there is any legal evidence (trademarks) supporting anything in development for the past years ever since Aces was 100% done, only one thing… Golden Sun, which easily can justify this amount of time it has taken them + it does have legal evidence supporting its comeback (+ my source hearing about it too if you wanna count that).

It really puts things in perspective when you actually analyze and take a look at how Camelot has actually developed their latest games, their time frames of possible development they took, and the gap between reveal and release. Putting aside all the trademarks and sources situation, just look at Camelot's process in the past few years, and tell me how that makes sense for a Mario sport type of game to be the next thing, lol, not that it matters anyway… it's not changing the reality of it, specially after watching that Mario anniversary plans direct which pretty much solidified it, and the statements made by my source and also Nate previously.

I just hope the wait for the announcement isn't much longer, like at least an announce it in 2020 if it's coming in early 2021 or something… it shouldn't be too far considering the time this next game of camelot has been in development already… that's just me being hopeful and guessing, who knows what their plans are at the moment.

Hopefully fp7 is shown soon and it's good enough to help kill the time meanwhile 😕

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I wonder if the new GS game will have Voice Acting? If so, then we could potentially get a new voice for Isaac when he becomes a fighter in Smash. That will be awesome! Heck, with a lot of the FE: 3 Houses VAs coming out as Golden Sun fans, I wonder if they did work for the new GS game? Hmmm...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wonder if the new GS game will have Voice Acting? If so, then we could potentially get a new voice for Isaac when he becomes a fighter in Smash. That will be awesome! Heck, with a lot of the FE: 3 Houses VAs coming out as Golden Sun fans, I wonder if they did work for the new GS game? Hmmm...
It'd be hard to get a VA less fitting than the current one.

And by current one I mean the one who recorded lines for Isaac maybe thirteen years ago.

:(

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'd be down with Joe Zieja voicing Isaac.

Just going to throw that out there.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wait hold up

Golden Deer
Golden Sun

It's almost too perfect.
Even bigger coincidence since Claude’s VA was part of the Evaluation Team for that awesome Golden Sun: A World Reignited Album. Way too perfect!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Even bigger coincidence since Claude’s VA was part of the Evaluation Team for that awesome Golden Sun: A World Reignited Album. Way too perfect!
Oh, so he is a fan of Golden Sun? Excellent, hire him immediately.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Dreamed that I was watching the September direct last night. And there was an unexpected Smash announcement. There were four headshots of shadowy figures and one of them had Isaac's hairstyle and then the headshots were revealed. And I'm jumping in front of my TV like, omg Sakurai finally added Isaac!

Then when it got to the reveal trailer. It was Isaac from the head to the chest and that's where the resemblance stopped. His arms were made out of lego and so were his legs. So he was essentially just a blocky, lego looking Isaac. And the other characters looked similar, Sakurai called it, his assist pack lol. Instead of doing one fully new character, he decided to promote four assist trophies, but each only having a quarter of the work done.

So the reveal trailer was going through all the lego assist, with them all having the same generic lego kicks and punches and one special move each. And Isaac's special was just blasting this little rock from his lego hand. Kinda like if you had to imagine the animation Pokemon gets when they use their rock type moves. At the end of the presentation Sakurai states that there were still fully new characters to come after Min Min, but he wanted to get some assist promotions out of the way.

Then I went on Smashboards and it's what you'd expect. The thread blowing up from tons of people saying congratulations Isaac's in. Then arguments about that not really being Isaac and then being told we're ungrateful and people were throwing insults and getting warnings from Neon lol.

Though I know the fear that this dream is based off on. That I think Sakurai sees Isaac as unrealizable to the point he either doesn't get added at all, or when he's added he won't really feel like 'Isaac' with his earth psynergy properly implemented.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Dreamed that I was watching the September direct last night. And there was an unexpected Smash announcement. There were four headshots of shadowy figures and one of them had Isaac's hairstyle and then the headshots were revealed. And I'm jumping in front of my TV like, omg Sakurai finally added Isaac!

Then when it got to the reveal trailer. It was Isaac from the head to the chest and that's where the resemblance stopped. His arms were made out of lego and so were his legs. So he was essentially just a blocky, lego looking Isaac. And the other characters looked similar, Sakurai called it, his assist pack lol. Instead of doing one fully new character, he decided to promote four assist trophies, but each only having a quarter of the work done.

So the reveal trailer was going through all the lego assist, with them all having the same generic lego kicks and punches and one special move each. And Isaac's special was just blasting this little rock from his lego hand. Kinda like if you had to imagine the animation Pokemon gets when they use their rock type moves. At the end of the presentation Sakurai states that there were still fully new characters to come after Min Min, but he wanted to get some assist promotions out of the way.

Then I went on Smashboards and it's what you'd expect. The thread blowing up from tons of people saying congratulations Isaac's in. Then arguments about that not really being Isaac and then being told we're ungrateful and people were throwing insults and getting warnings from Neon lol.

Though I know the fear that this dream is based off on. That I think Sakurai sees Isaac as unrealizable to the point he either doesn't get added at all, or when he's added he won't really feel like 'Isaac' with his earth psynergy properly implemented.
It sounds like they made Isaac an alt costume for Steve...

I haven't had a good Smash Bros related dream in a while.

Instead last night I have a lovely dream about being crammed into a bus with people coughing. Normally I have such weird dreams but that one was surprisingly "real world related".

Although to be fair I did meet a clone of myself, so the weird still managed to find it's way in.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Serious question: is there anything left for this holiday from Nintendo? As much as I'm hoping for a Direct to come soon with FP7, Golden Sun HD, and hopefully other goodies for 2020, I believe Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the previously announced Pikmin 3 Deluxe were the only major Nintendo releases we knew about. Off the top of my head, the only other confirmed (or at least 100% expected) titles are Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, New Pokemon Snap, and the rumored next Pokemon game in Sinnoh, none of which we have any reason to expect will arrive this year. It feels weird to say, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I feel like Nintendo might be "done" with 2020 outside of digital-only games, DLC, and these Partner Showcases.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
Serious question: is there anything left for this holiday from Nintendo? As much as I'm hoping for a Direct to come soon with FP7, Golden Sun HD, and hopefully other goodies for 2020, I believe Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the previously announced Pikmin 3 Deluxe were the only major Nintendo releases we knew about. Off the top of my head, the only other confirmed (or at least 100% expected) titles are Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, New Pokemon Snap, and the rumored next Pokemon game in Sinnoh, none of which we have any reason to expect will arrive this year. It feels weird to say, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I feel like Nintendo might be "done" with 2020 outside of digital-only games, DLC, and these Partner Showcases.
Due to Covid, that might very well be true. Honestly, I'd be absolutely fine with that - so long as they announce what we can look forward to next year. If they'd just tell us what's coming, no matter how long it got delayed, I wouldn't be so frustrated about it! Let 2020 die, but show me the hope of 2021!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
In an ideal world we would get full voice acting like FE does, but I'm only expecting partial voice acting. And because Isaac talks in TLA they have to cast someone for him.

Even ignoring Covid I don't think they had any more big things planned considering PS5 and XBSX come out this year.

And other than what you already said I could see yet another port, but that's it.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can't believe Nintendo wouldn't want a big holiday title. Covid or not, the current lineup isn't all too big.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I can't believe Nintendo wouldn't want a big holiday title. Covid or not, the current lineup isn't all too big.
I absolutely agree, and the idea of Nintendo basically ceding the holiday season to the console launches of their competitors would be bizarre. I'm just struggling to think of what exactly they could have to fill in that gap right now. As much as I'd like to believe Camelot actually has Golden Sun HD waiting to be revealed, that's a third remake or port after Mario and Pikmin. Do they have anything genuinely new for this holiday? With no E3 presentation to speak of nor any assurance a major Direct is actually coming this month, I'm left somewhat dumbfounded. For all I know All-Stars is the big holiday title, and that's a weird thought to have.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
There's still potentially Bravely Default 2, but that's more of a square thing. Nintendo just publishes it outside japan.

Plus there's a pretty good chance it's been delayed

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't imagine Nintendo will keep November, the most important month retail-wise, empty this year. Well, empty other than the Pokemon DLC.

I'm not expecting huge things, in most ways I think they've written off 2020 and are planning to come back hard next year if and when they launch a new Switch SKU. But letting November come and go without a game of some sort... I wouldn't bet on that.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
On one hand, all they have are re-releases.
On the other, they're Mario re-releases.
That, coupled with COVID's frickery, makes me think it could go either way.
If that was all they had they had no reason to put the collection in November as opposed to September. The whole point of the november release is to have a game for around black friday so that you move more switch units around the release of that game.

Instead all they've got in November is a Mario game and watch

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
See, that right there is why I'm even considering the possibility. All-Stars isn't just any port, it's three major Mario ports. You don't even necessarily need anything else: between that game and potential Switch bundles with that and/or Animal Crossing, Nintendo's pretty much set. September's a bit early for a holiday release, granted, but it'll still be a major consideration for Switch sales on Black Friday just two months later. Maybe I'll be proven wrong by a Direct later this month, but right now, after that Mario Direct? I might not bet on it, but it's not an impossibility either.

(Also, honestly, I'm tired of talking in circles about Golden Sun HD and FP7. With no news for either, I'm happy to have something Nintendo to think about, even if it's based in pessimism.)

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Serious question: is there anything left for this holiday from Nintendo?
There's that going on: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak.../nintendo_direct_archive_got_an_update_today/

If you go to visiospark.com and paste in the official nintendo direct archive, the website will inform you that the archive has recieved an update today.

For reference the archive tends to update a couple days or a couple weeks before a direct, here's proof of the previous updates. Last time it got an update was 2 days before the Mario Direct. Possible partner showcase coming up or is it time for the real deal?

Take it with a grain of salt.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, just show me Zelda, and am content at this point. Why leave us with just one trailer that leaves so much for speculation?

Mario remakes are pretty huge. Not gonna lie. They're gonna do good. Even I myself am quite interested in Mario All Stars 3D. But I didn't even play Odyssey. Maybe I should? Xenoblade 2 also interests me a lot ever since playing the remake of the original.

But as it stands, I don't think the upcoming Switch titles hold out too strong. Zelda is huge, Mario as well, but that's standard... Nintendo needs something outstanding and unexpected.

Like Donkey Kong. Or of course Golden Sun (I forgot this was the Isaac thread )

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Well, that would certainly fit with the September Direct narrative. Still weird they wouldn't have saved the Mario information for that, but with any luck that just means a Direct so jam-packed with news that all the 35th Anniversary details made more sense as it's own presentation. Otherwise you end up with something like E3 2018, where more than half the Direct was simply Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, that would certainly fit with the September Direct narrative. Still weird they wouldn't have saved the Mario information for that, but with any luck that just means a Direct so jam-packed with news that all the 35th Anniversary details made more sense as it's own presentation. Otherwise you end up with something like E3 2018, where more than half the Direct was simply Smash Ultimate.
To be fair, the Mario direct was more than just games. They went over the online events, the pins, the shoes, etc. I'd imagine we could just have a short, clean mini of various stuff that's coming next year, now that all the filler has been trimmed off.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I really do hope Golden Sun HD is scheduled for this November. With all the crazy stuff happening in the world (and I expect November to be insane), that game will be such a delight. I’ll understand if it’s delayed, but hopefully we at least get an announcement real soon. Better waiting on a release date than an announcement.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Maybe they just wanted from the start for Mario to have its own presentation since it's their mascot and its anniversary? I don't think it's more complicated than that really 🤷‍♂️

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Looks pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the Warriors style games, but this one looks like it's worth a pick up.

But yeah, no Golden Sun. I'm not surprised.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I doubt it'll be the only game. Seems like they are doing a week by week annoucement. Like each week announcing something about one franchise. Instead of a focused direct with everything. So let's see.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
However, now we have September and November covered. What's releasing in October? Either way, I'd assume there's nothing. I assume that if there was something in October we would have heard of it before Hyrule Warriors, since it comes out first. I think HW is it, the last game for the year.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
That'd be a pretty niche last game of the year. Sure it's a zelda game but Musou are quite niche. I doubt it's the only game that'll release.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
However, now we have September and November covered. What's releasing in October? Either way, I'd assume there's nothing. I assume that if there was something in October we would have heard of it before Hyrule Warriors, since it comes out first. I think HW is it, the last game for the year.
That one's easy: Pikmin 3 Deluxe, out October 30th.

I for one am pretty excited to hear of a new BotW-centric Hyrule Warriors, especially given how much I personally loved Fire Emblem Warriors. Granted, I'd rather see FEW2 or an international release date for Persona 5 Scramble, but I'll take what I can get.

Also potentially good news: that Direct archive hasn't updated with this Zelda game, so we may still be getting more. Just not sure what kind of Direct we'll be getting, given a "normal" one would presumably cover that new Hyrule Warriors...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't imagine Nintendo will keep November, the most important month retail-wise, empty this year. Well, empty other than the Pokemon DLC.

I'm not expecting huge things, in most ways I think they've written off 2020 and are planning to come back hard next year if and when they launch a new Switch SKU. But letting November come and go without a game of some sort... I wouldn't bet on that.
☝

Good timing eh ;)

I doubt it'll be the only game. Seems like they are doing a week by week annoucement. Like each week announcing something about one franchise. Instead of a focused direct with everything. So let's see.
That'd be a pretty niche last game of the year. Sure it's a zelda game but Musou are quite niche. I doubt it's the only game that'll release.
I think we're done now. In another year a December game might've still been possible, but 2020 has thrown Nintendo for a bigger loop than they'll admit, and I believe they're adapting by putting most of their eggs in the 2021 basket.

But there's still DLC to be seen.

Top Bottom