• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 279269View attachment 279271

The one time I ever pull up Resetera.

Only really worth posting here for two reasons:

• insider of proven track record not shooting down Golden Sun when asked directly, and
  • responding to it a minute after making a weird prediction that a 2020 game "one more thing" might not be in this direct.

For my two cents, I think it's baffling that Ninty is going to shadowdrop most all of their video games. You get so much marketing value with people creating prediction/news videos for you that it's beyond me why they would throw that all away by not just tweeting out an announcement/setting a youtube premiere.

Maybe it won't be a big deal then? Maybe GS4/GS Switch isn't even announced until later in 2020? Everyone seems hell-bent on this direct happening and being crazy big but I'm still not even convinced. Who knows.
Just being real, I don't think GS is "one more thing" level. At least, not unless they really are stretched thin for announcements.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it won't be a big deal then? Maybe GS4/GS Switch isn't even announced until later in 2020? Everyone seems hell-bent on this direct happening and being crazy big but I'm still not even convinced. Who knows.
The only reason most people believe this direct will be huge is due to e3 being canceled. Of course all the game companies knew about themselves canceling on e3 long before it was announced so it’s possible Nintendo didn’t bother making a huge presentation. Considering the uncertainty of things, Nintendo probably won’t be showing off games that aren’t close enough to release. So I think it’s best to not expect much. We are most likely getting a mini direct which means it could get shadow dropped. But Nintendo has revealed some big things in minis such as Arms in Smash.

However I will say that most of the first party games we know about are not expected to release anytime soon so there is a high possibility for surprise announcements. Well...assuming the direct isn’t mainly Mario 35th anniversary stuff.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
But Nintendo has revealed some big things in minis such as Arms in Smash.
That's a good point. Even if we get a mini direct we could still have a Smash announcement in it. We might be underestimating the mini Nintendo directs a bit.

Maybe something similar to Jokers first reveal (basically a non gameplay trailer announcing that they're the next smash character)

(or they could just say something like "The next fighter is a Mario character" and have the Geno and Waluigi fanbases stew over it for months.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
If Geno is the next character to get in, are the Issac fans ready to bear the crown of ridicule Geno once held?

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Okay so then Nate either doesn't know anything about GS or just isn't spilling any beans in either direction. It seems more like it's the former, but in any case he hasn't been shy about shooting down stuff (including golf), so that's interesting.

--

It seems like this direct (assuming it happens) could be anywhere from massive to pretty bland. If it's shadow-dropped, then it's probably not gonna be in the 'massive' category, but it could still have some surprising announcements.

--

Imo some people are blowing Geno's chances way out of proportion. He still has a very narrow path to the roster. Both Nintendo and Square would have to want him over a large number of alternatives AND he is still reliant on the Ballot and/or popular demand (he may not have even done that well on the Ballot, either). If this second pass swings even a little bit more towards first-party characters, then it becomes harder to justify a third-party rep that is as obscure as Geno and at that point we'd be more likely to see characters like Lloyd Irving or Travis Touchdown.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say I got my clown makeup ready if our universe line suddenly jumps and tomorrow a new Mario Golf is announced after all.

Ridicule away if we all missed that damn badly.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I gotta say I got my clown makeup ready if our universe line suddenly jumps and tomorrow a new Mario Golf is announced after all.

Ridicule away if we all missed that damn badly.
All I ask is if that's actually the case, Camelot better have made it something special. A Mario Golf being worked on for 2+ years before revealing it, never mind releasing it? I sure hope it's worth the wait!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
If Camelot's working on Mario Golf after all this time that would have to be the greatest Mario sports game ever made.

If Geno is the next character to get in, are the Issac fans ready to bear the crown of ridicule Geno once held?
1. Isaac. One "s", two "a"s.
2. Not only will he not be the next character, but the only reason he gets ridiculed is because of the clowns that seem to think everything is related to him.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
So, about that Direct Mini... I highly doubt we see Golden Sun. It'll most likely be third-party stuff, release dates for DOOM Eternal possibly, No More Heroes 3, stuff like that.

My prediction is that we'll get smaller announcements like this for about a month until a big general direct in August revealing a ton of first-party stuff. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Golden Sun Remake will be announced in August with a March 2021 release. I've been saying this since like March of this year and I'm sticking with it.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Well, I doubt we'll hear anything one way or another as it sounds like the upcoming Direct mini is only going to focus on games already announced.

Perhaps maybe a hint on Smash's next fighter, but likely won't get whatever Camelot is planning next.

Staarih

Smash Master
Camelot could be counted as a ”development partner”, right?

Heh but yeah, 10 minutes is kinda short so I think they’ll just focus on third parties and maybe have a first party Direct at a later date. We’ll know soon enough, luckily.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Camelot could be counted as a ”development partner”, right?

Heh but yeah, 10 minutes is kinda short so I think they’ll just focus on third parties and maybe have a first party Direct at a later date. We’ll know soon enough, luckily.
Oh I'd imagine Camelot would fall within that category.

But given how NoA's tweet specified it to be on games that have already been announced, I doubt we'll hear from them.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Beyond the leakers who weren't actually leaking him and the poorly-worded GameStop video? Doesn't look like it, no.
Hmm.
For me, it's like:
Is there evidence to Geno? Maybe. I'm not a big part of the speculation community.
Is he 100% FP7? No, not 100%. I think it's about 20-50%.
Will I be happy for him? Idk. Not too familiar with him.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Seems this July 20th Direct is a bust, at least Smash-wise. Hopefully some fun news out of it, but they've set expectations pretty dang low: previously-announced games, focused on their "partners" AKA third-parties, roughly ten minutes long, and announced just 10 hours prior. Granted, the "partner" wording doesn't necessarily exclude Nintendo-published titles, but that feels like a stretch trying to justify the previous 7/20 Direct rumors.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow. Memories of Isaac = 50 Cent memes came rushing through my mind there. Lol Good times.
Nice to see you’re still alive, Pwnapplez Pwnapplez .

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Nor how big of an impact a hugely desired character like Geno or Waluigi might be.
There's something that everyone seems to forget about Geno and its size of his support: it's big only in US. Japan somewhat recognizes him, but he has nearly no follow-up in Europe. He only seems big because we are on english speaking boards.

Sorry, but PapaGenos seems to think everything relates back to Geno. At least that’s the way it seems anytime I see one of his new videos pop up where Geno is in the thumbnail because of some reaching “theory” that supposedly points to him.

(...)

PapaGenos was someone I liked to watch because he would usually only report on actual leaks, but now it’s mostly just Geno theories and they’re all pretty bad.
That's also my point of view on Papageno. He was quite enjoyable to watch in the past but, for some months now, he's focusing back solely on Geno. Not my cup of tea.

focused on their "partners" AKA third-parties
There's rumours of "MS" in this Direct. If that "MS" is MicroSoft, it could point to some interesting things in this Direct. Outside of that, it will probably be bland, indeed.

BTW, this post on the speculation thread.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
There's something that everyone seems to forget about Geno and its size of his support: it's big only in US. Japan somewhat recognizes him, but he has nearly no follow-up in Europe. He only seems big because we are on english speaking boards.

That's also my point of view on Papageno. He was quite enjoyable to watch in the past but, for some months now, he's focusing back solely on Geno. Not my cup of tea.

There's rumours of "MS" in this Direct. If that "MS" is MicroSoft, it could point to some interesting things in this Direct. Outside of that, it will probably be bland, indeed.

BTW, this post on the speculation thread.
To add on, Geno is an unknown character in Korea. I've seen like 1 or 2 people who know him.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think the most interesting part is that this mini direct is supposed to be part of a series. I wonder if that means we could expect another one fairly soon.

I wonder if maybe it also means that they're splitting their E3 content into these mini directs.

Well if its going to be a direct mini our Golden Sun rep is going to be announced the same way Arms was :psycho:
I was wondering the other day if Isaac or Waluigi gets in will they tease it similar to Arms like "This character is already an assist trophy" and then list every assist trophy. (even the moon...)

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I think the most interesting part is that this mini direct is supposed to be part of a series. I wonder if that means we could expect another one fairly soon.

I wonder if maybe it also means that they're splitting their E3 content into these mini directs.

I was wondering the other day if Isaac or Waluigi gets in will they tease it similar to Arms like "This character is already an assist trophy" and then list every assist trophy. (even the moon...)
Sorry bros, I'm on team Color TV Game 15 now.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
You know the Direct is good when they aren't even live-streaming it. Just over 8 minutes, straight to YouTube!

EDIT: Well, I was slightly wrong: Cadence of Hyrule is certainly a Nintendo game, albeit not an internally developed one. SMT information isn't bad either. Still, imagine being hyped for today's Direct only to get WWE 2K Battlegrounds...

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is just depressing at this point. Does Nintendo not want to show us what they have in store for the rest of the year?

Top Bottom