• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
To embed a tweet, click on the three dots to the right of the smiley face icon. Go down to Media, copy the address for the tweet, and paste it into the text box.

Though when you do this, make sure that the tweet doesn't contain any words that would normally be censored on this forum, so that you don't get warned for censor dodging. (the tweet looks fine, but I figure it couldn't hurt to mention this for future reference)
Thanks, it's fixed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe this guy is just speculating, but isn't this the same dude who leaked Banjo in Smash? >.>
It's the same user. Though do note he usually says something far more clearly. He directly stated Banjo would be in Smash. This is far more vague, but still worth noting.

Let's hope it's true.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I believe Shinobi already mentioned Golden Sun revival in the past. I don't think it's a hint, but more like a hope; he's usually not leaking right in front of Nintendo.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Shinobi has been very outspoken about Golden Sun lately. That's definitely something, but I wouldn't take it as confirmation. Besides, we know through the trademark something is happening. At this point it's a matter of what and when, not if.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Maybe this guy is just speculating, but isn't this the same dude who leaked Banjo in Smash? >.>
He is and he has an outstanding leaking record. A 100% reliable "leaker" if that's even the way to call him. He leaked Banjo yes, as well as other stuff like when he leaked what the theme of God of War was gonna be, and other big stuff through the years.

With the trademark approved and published on official gazette it shouldn't be surprising that they, people with REAL connections, are already starting to hear things. The timming this time for him coming back to push Nintendo to give us a Golden sun remake is surely amusing lol

Maybe Golden Sun HD in November or sometime late this year would be cool … ;) and with that I will take my leave, lol, I gotta finish beating FF7R in hard mode Dx

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I got curious: do ATs flinch when they get hit by jabs or weak tilts, or do they have permanent tough guy?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's the same user. Though do note he usually says something far more clearly. He directly stated Banjo would be in Smash. This is far more vague, but still worth noting.

Let's hope it's true.
He never directly stated Banjo would be in Smash, he posted a vague statement that said "Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we’re in for a smashing good time. " Shinobi is never direct with his leaks and is usually vague.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He never directly stated Banjo would be in Smash, he posted a vague statement that said "Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we’re in for a smashing good time. " Shinobi is never direct with his leaks and is usually vague.
Huh, I remembered that wrong. Though he does seem to give decent enough hints. Cause that's still fairly obvious in the end what he meant. It's pretty clear he thinks a remake is coming in the context of how he posts leaks, apparently.

Unless he's had a lot of leaks that aren't remotely vague or are way more vague than his. It's hindsight, for Banjo(though not exactly a vague hint much), but it also gives an idea of his leaking style. Somewhat vague hints, but they aren't hard to figure out either way.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Huh, I remembered that wrong. Though he does seem to give decent enough hints. Cause that's still fairly obvious in the end what he meant. It's pretty clear he thinks a remake is coming in the context of how he posts leaks, apparently.

Unless he's had a lot of leaks that aren't remotely vague or are way more vague than his. It's hindsight, for Banjo(though not exactly a vague hint much), but it also gives an idea of his leaking style. Somewhat vague hints, but they aren't hard to figure out either way.
In fairness I'm not sure how obvious he can be when he's tweeting directly at Nintendo.

I guess we should keep an eye on him and see if he makes any more tweets about Golden Sun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In fairness I'm not sure how obvious he can be when he's tweeting directly at Nintendo.

I guess we should keep an eye on him and see if he makes any more tweets about Golden Sun.
Well, the Banjo thing is not really that vague of a statement.

Nor is this.

I'm wondering if his previous tweet leaks are of similar nature. Where they're good hints without directly saying it.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm wondering if his previous tweet leaks are of similar nature. Where they're good hints without directly saying it.
I haven't delved deep into all of his leak record but most of them were vague statements like the Banjo one. Before God of War 4 got revealed he posted a vague statement on twitter than hinted that the next game's setting would take place in the norse mythology.
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/717015410051313664
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/717018912383221761

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I haven't delved deep into all of his leak record but most of them were vague statements like the Banjo one. Before God of War 4 got revealed he posted a vague statement on twitter than hinted that the next game's setting would take place in the norse mythology.
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/717015410051313664
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/717018912383221761
Sounds like it can vary. Banjo's isn't all that vague in comparison to others. It was kind of easy to guess he meant Smash Bros. from that particular statement(I was literally in the Banjo thread. People were very sure that's what he meant in particular).

Thanks for the info~

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Sounds like it can vary. Banjo's isn't all that vague in comparison to others. It was kind of easy to guess he meant Smash Bros. from that particular statement(I was literally in the Banjo thread. People were very sure that's what he meant in particular).
It's easy to say it wasn't vague with the benefit of hindsight when people were doubting the leak at that point in time and thinking he wasn't referring to Smash. I remember he posted that on a thread where people were discussing the new Banjo toy figure that some company posted on their twitter account which prompted people to speculate about it. When Shinobi posted people were wondering whether he was merely speculating or genuinely leaking Banjo for Smash or a revival or whatnot. There were clues that supported it but it's not like it was commonly agreed with everyone in the community. Now if he said "Banjo-Kazooie are in Smash Bros" that would've settled it right there, but he didn't and this seems to be how he works in regards to leaking.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's easy to say it wasn't vague with the benefit of hindsight when people were doubting the leak at that point in time and thinking he wasn't referring to Smash. I remember he posted that on a thread where people were discussing the new Banjo toy figure that some company posted on their twitter account which prompted people to speculate about it. When Shinobi posted people were wondering whether he was merely speculating or genuinely leaking Banjo for Smash or a revival or whatnot. There were clues that supported it but it's not like it was commonly agreed with everyone in the community. Now if he said "Banjo-Kazooie are in Smash Bros" that would've settled it right there, but he didn't and this seems to be how he works in regards to leaking.
It's not about hindsight. As I said, people were thinking it meant Smash before the reveal. Not just after it. Of course it was entirely obvious afterwards. But so are a lot of leaks/things. I wasn't counting that as why people ha a good feeling of what he meant. I honestly thought it was Smash Bros. related from the start as soon as I saw those words.

Of course it's still vague too. But you at least had some semblance of a hint at that point.

I see the Golden Sun one as the same. He namedropped a remake. That's a pretty clear hint, but it doesn't mean it will happen. It just has a reasonable message being suggested.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I see the Golden Sun one as the same. He namedropped a remake. That's a pretty clear hint, but it doesn't mean it will happen. It just has a reasonable message being suggested.
So we're in agreement then. I was thinking you were suggesting that the Banjo leak was more obvious than his Golden Sun statements (assuming they are a leak to begin with) and I disagreed on that point.

Regardless, I'm taking his statements into consideration. If it was just the statements I wouldn't put much mind into it, but with the trademark that got finalized and Camelot not showing any games for two years when now would be around the time they would pump a new sports game, I'd say a Golden Sun remake might seem more possible than before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So we're in agreement then. I was thinking you were suggesting that the Banjo leak was more obvious than his Golden Sun statements (assuming they are a leak to begin with) and I disagreed on that point.
That's why I said they vary. Banjo's was a halfway decent one, more than the Valhalla one by far. The Golden Sun one might as well not be a hint but effectively a direct statement.

Regardless, I'm taking his statements into consideration. If it was just the statements I wouldn't put much mind into it, but with the trademark that got finalized and Camelot not showing any games for two years when now would be around the time they would pump a new sports game, I'd say a Golden Sun remake might seem more possible than before.
Oh, agreed. It's not a straight leak in the same way as the others in context. Or at least whereas the Banjo one was more of a straight leak(what it was leaking exactly was somewhat vague).

He's all over the place. Which isn't a bad thing.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So while it's still uncertain when Nintendo reveals would be coming this year this was announced
If Nintendo doesn't want to have a direct hopefully they can be part of phase 2 of this event and we could maybe get Golden Sun there. Here's hoping

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I got curious: do ATs flinch when they get hit by jabs or weak tilts, or do they have permanent tough guy?
Most that can get hit do flinch, but some like Black Knight or Rathalos don't flinch and have permanent tough guy.

I believe Shinobi is simply a fan asking for a remake. He definitely knows certain things on the inside, but I don't think this is one of them. That said, Golden Sun is in the works, the trademark couldn't mean anything else. At this point it's a matter of when, not if.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So while it's still uncertain when Nintendo reveals would be coming this year this was announced
If Nintendo doesn't want to have a direct hopefully they can be part of phase 2 of this event and we could maybe get Golden Sun there. Here's hoping
To be honest, even if Nintendo were to participate in that, I don't believe that is the venue for a Golden Sun announcement. Even if we're getting a full-blown remake, I feel like you'd want to save such a reveal for a Direct, where the average viewer is more likely to be aware of (and thus respond to) Golden Sun. A more general audience event is probably better suited for games like Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, or even something like Bayonetta 3 given the series was originally multiplatform.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, shinobi made a post on resetera saying that he was just wishful thinking (or something along those lines)

it would be cool if there was a deeper meaning to it, though

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Is this about games that will be released in may-august?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You guys know what to say! ;)

Is this about games that will be released in may-august?
Not released… announced rather. But I guess some could be released soonish or even shadow dropped, but i doubt the latter.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If Spring Man turns out to be the ARMS character coming to Smash, then the whole Assist Trophy deconfirmation rule will officially be thrown out the window. Ergo, although I think Min Min or Twintelle would be more unique, part of me is hoping Spring Man makes the cut. If he does, that just means Isaac still has a shot.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
By the way Golden Sunday is this month, really excited to see what people are going to make for it on the 24th
I can't wait for it! I may get around to actually making something to commemorate it myself.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Yep. Not only did he hinted at Banjo but Ridley too the year before.

"Hope we're in for a smashing good time." Is clearly a reference and hint towards Smash. How and what way is this statement vague?

Unfortunately, shinobi made a post on resetera saying that he was just wishful thinking (or something along those lines)

it would be cool if there was a deeper meaning to it, though
I kind of think he is playing with us and Nintendo and he is actually hinting at a Golden Sun remake.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
These animations are blowing my mind more and more. Would be great if they have the full project done by goldensunday by any miracle haha
What if that’s their plan the entire time? To release it for Golden Sunday. Hmmm? Be awesome if they did!

Since today is Star Wars day, I took the chance to remind people that not only is Isaac a Super Saiyan, but he technically is a Jedi. Haha!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you follow shinobi you’ll see that he’s been indicating his desire for GS games/remakes for years. Only raising the instances that are current isn’t painting the full picture.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Eh, I'm all for the transparency. If a character did better than another on the ballot, and they still chose not to include them, I think the least the fans of said character deserve is an explanation.

It's not like it would make arguments any worse, honestly it would make them better if anything. Right now, a fanbase of a popular character can't argue their popularity because fanpolls and the like are discarded. Give us the results of the official poll, and let's see what the real counterarguments are.
Additionally, this doesnt make sense for Nintendo.

Suppose the top five characters are all prominent 3rd parties.
If Nintendo pushlished the results, and wanted to use any of them, then Nintendo loses the leverage.

"Oh, you want Sora, eh? Well, all your fans do too. What are you going to do for us to get him in?"
--Nintendo could lose profits, or otherwise be forced into a corner.

Not publishing the results is actually a much more likely way of getting the characters we want in.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Additionally, this doesnt make sense for Nintendo.

Suppose the top five characters are all prominent 3rd parties.
If Nintendo pushlished the results, and wanted to use any of them, then Nintendo loses the leverage.

"Oh, you want Sora, eh? Well, all your fans do too. What are you going to do for us to get him in?"
--Nintendo could lose profits, or otherwise be forced into a corner.

Not publishing the results is actually a much more likely way of getting the characters we want in.
I want to live in this world you dream of in which game companies are run by mobsters trying to shake each other down over characters in videogames. I'm pretty sure the publishers know what they can charge for their IP without being told how they ranked in a top 50 poll.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I recently been playing Dark Dawn on the DS and ngl, I think it's underrated. I agree aspects like the difficulty and points of no return are weak but I've been pleasantly surprised playing through this (no spoilers, first playthrough 10 hours in).

How would you guys feel if Matthew was added as DLC? For those of you not a fan, would you feel less salty if it was to promote a Golden Sun 4?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like I mentioned before, Nintendo showing the Smash Ballot results would be a terrible idea since it would start a HUGE flame war between character fanbases. Castlavania did extraordinary in the Ballot according to Sakurai and we didn't see Alucard, Simon, or Richter in really any big online fan polls. Yes Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and the veterans are all in due to the Ballot, but that doesn't mean online fan polls are completely accurate to the results of the real Smash Ballot. Castlevania is proof of this and there could be a few more characters or franchises that did really well in it they we have no idea about.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I recently been playing Dark Dawn on the DS and ngl, I think it's underrated. I agree aspects like the difficulty and points of no return are weak but I've been pleasantly surprised playing through this (no spoilers, first playthrough 10 hours in).

How would you guys feel if Matthew was added as DLC? For those of you not a fan, would you feel less salty if it was to promote a Golden Sun 4?
I'd be happy if anything Golden Sun happens. I wouldn't like it if it was Matthew, however. The community has selected Isaac as both the face of the franchise and our chosen character to join Smash. I'd much rather see Isaac join with a Felix Echo and maybe a Matthew costume.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Yeah Dark Dawn is by no means a terrible game at all. It does have some good QOL changes but yeah the core game as a whole while still pretty decent does feel lacking to the GBA games. Even though Isaac is the ideal and best choice for Golden Sun Matthew wouldn't be a bad pick, he pretty much has the same abilities and his getup is pretty cool looking. He won't be as effective as Isaac but he'd still be a good inclusion

Last edited:
Top Bottom