• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah I want the classic design, just a better model tho. Well not that I would worry about it, we know how amazing the characters look after they leave their AT status, such as dark samus which was a huge jump on quality.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well there's no doubt they'd either just rework the costume model (it's higher fidelity than the AT) or even create a new one for the fighter. They're not just going to copy and paste what they have and be done with it.

Made it to the 3rd town, Bibildi I think it's called. There was a Djinn in Vault but I couldn't find a way to it. If you go too far up you just end up leaving the town. Some people said they have a cemetery but I couldn't find that either lol.
When you have a Psynergy that's a bit more... revelatory, I'd go looking for that cemetery again.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac’s original look will look really good once he makes it into the roster. The question is, will he get his DD alt or a hybrid of both? Or yet, get Felix and Matthew as alts too?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Dark Dawn Isaac is significantly taller than Teen Isaac so I think it's unlikely we'll see him as an alt. Since echoes are out of the question for DLC either Matthew and Felix will fill the alternate costume slot although it is possible it could just be eight different palettes of Teen Isaac. If we get a Smash after this and Isaac shows up an echo of Felix or Matthew would make a lot of sense

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Made it to the 3rd town, Bibildi I think it's called. There was a Djinn in Vault but I couldn't find a way to it. If you go too far up you just end up leaving the town. Some people said they have a cemetery but I couldn't find that either lol.
I think you need a certain Psynergy for that. I'll give you a hint: Ivan learns it later in the game.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
To me there is no question they'd use the same costume as the AT, just higher quality since they'd almost certainly be making a new model. My only curiosity is if they'd do Felix and/or Matthew alts: my bet would be yes to Felix, no to Matthew, with the recolors being Isaac and Felix's respective party members. If the goal is to go above and beyond with FP2, that feels like a clean and effective way to provide extra fan service to Golden Sun fans while adding extra appeal for Smash players who may not know anything about the franchise.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Another thing I hope they fix is using the proper shape for the Psynergy hands. Right now, it's just a recolored Master Hand model, which works, fine, I guess, for the Assist Trophy, but if Isaac was actually playable I'd be really upset if the hand didn't match the one in the games. They did it right in Brawl, they should do it right this time as well.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

This user has been turning ATs into Demon Slayer style drawings. Isaac was next!

Correction: ATs into the style of a different cartoon/anime each. He did it with the fighters first.
I am loving the fan art we’ve been getting for GS since late 2018

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, I opened Smash on my 2nd Switch account, opened up al lthe DLC and stuff then I got my very first spirit. Felix!

Thought that was a nice surprise. Didn't get him on my first account.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know, I was thinking. If Isaac is in the 2nd Pass, do you think part of that reason is for the letters we sent to Nintendo last year? That could have been the turning point there. IDK.

Correction: ATs into the style of a different cartoon/anime each. He did it with the fighters first.
Oh, right! My bad.

Hehe, I opened Smash on my 2nd Switch account, opened up al lthe DLC and stuff then I got my very first spirit. Felix!

Thought that was a nice surprise. Didn't get him on my first account.
It’s a sign that the Golden Sun is rising soon. lol

Kalaam

Smash Ace
The letter campaign may have helped solidify the decision. Maybe they'll refer to "huge fan support" or something partially because of that.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Out of curiosity, will there be any Golden Sunday events happening soon? I feel like it's about time that we did another Golden Sun boost, just to keep us in the public eye.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
We could do one in april for TLA anniversary, we just missed TBS one (was the 22nd of february)

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
You know, I was thinking. If Isaac is in the 2nd Pass, do you think part of that reason is for the letters we sent to Nintendo last year? That could have been the turning point there. IDK.
My response letter from NOA is dated March 3, 2019. We can assume they passed on the feedback at or before that date.

The only other date we have is that in November 2019, Sakurai recorded Byleth's video stating that Nintendo had decided upon all fighter's pass 2 characters already.

According to Hiroyuki Takahashi saying he left Aces before it released, pre-planning/early development for a possible GS4 started early 2018. FP1 was decided on around the early summer of 2018, according to people at Microsoft who were involved with Banjo and Kazooie's deal. Then, then of course, the events of summer/fall 2018 Smash speculation were a large part of the Golden Sun hype.

Just my speculation from here out, but it looks like it takes a year or so to get a Smash character from concept to released. Probably a bit less if it's an internal Nintendo character, or if the communication channels are good. So ya, I absolutely think our feedback had some effect and I think if/when it does end up happening, you'll see some acknowledgement of our efforts.

But along the same lines, a modern game takes substantially more than a year to be made. Then basic marketing 101 (and the absence of the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch) is going to tell you that you want to make some synergy with your announcements. I still think about the lack of any new GS music in Ultimate when Sakuraba did 5+ remixes for the game...

e.g.

2018:

"What about Golden Sun for DLC? Isaac keeps popping up in polls and requests."

"Camelot's still working on the Switch game, do Fire Emblem instead that'll be out 2019."

"Yeah that makes sense."

Sakurai: *sweats*

2019:

"Dang people still want Golden Sun look at all these letters and tweets."

"Cool, easy Smash DLC for 2020/2021. Make sure it comes out around the game."

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We should definitely do one in April. It's been a while since the last one and we gotta keep the fanbase rallied.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for the Nintendo Direct to happen before I proceed with planning another Golden Sunday date. So at the moment it's on hold

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
My response letter from NOA is dated March 3, 2019. We can assume they passed on the feedback at or before that date.

The only other date we have is that in November 2019, Sakurai recorded Byleth's video stating that Nintendo had decided upon all fighter's pass 2 characters already.

According to Hiroyuki Takahashi saying he left Aces before it released, pre-planning/early development for a possible GS4 started early 2018. FP1 was decided on around the early summer of 2018, according to people at Microsoft who were involved with Banjo and Kazooie's deal. Then, then of course, the events of summer/fall 2018 Smash speculation were a large part of the Golden Sun hype.

Just my speculation from here out, but it looks like it takes a year or so to get a Smash character from concept to released. Probably a bit less if it's an internal Nintendo character, or if the communication channels are good. So ya, I absolutely think our feedback had some effect and I think if/when it does end up happening, you'll see some acknowledgement of our efforts.

But along the same lines, a modern game takes substantially more than a year to be made. Then basic marketing 101 (and the absence of the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch) is going to tell you that you want to make some synergy with your announcements. I still think about the lack of any new GS music in Ultimate when Sakuraba did 5+ remixes for the game...

e.g.

2018:

"What about Golden Sun for DLC? Isaac keeps popping up in polls and requests."

"Camelot's still working on the Switch game, do Fire Emblem instead that'll be out 2019."

"Yeah that makes sense."

Sakurai: *sweats*

2019:

"Dang people still want Golden Sun look at all these letters and tweets."

"Cool, easy Smash DLC for 2020/2021. Make sure it comes out around the game."
Excellent points. I just took out my response from NoA, dated March 9, that mentions a Camelot foreign email address that I sent a message to but never got a response. I feel like another letter campaign/email campaign would be a good thing, even if it wouldn't have any effect on Smash DLC, it may help reassure Nintendo's marketing team that a new GS is a good idea so they keep it funded and moving along. Just showing constant fan support should be our goal right now, given that Smash DLC is entirely out of our hands. Even if we miss Smash DLC, we can still push for a new game, which is our ultimate goal in the end, is it not?

Ninja edit: I watched JWittz's newest video about Assist Trophies and Isaac was at Number 4. He mentioned how it was a story of redemption, but I was thinking to myself that there may be more to this story of redemption we haven't seen yet. Another YouTuber, Delzethin, is a somewhat notable Isaac supporter but frustratingly limits himself to Spirit upgrades at the most. We need some kind of sign that Assists don't kill a character for DLC.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We should do this campaign by this way, that would change our way of reaching them, maybe hoping for a direct answer from Camelot instead of a generic one by Nintendo.
See what's strange is I emailed them a couple days after I got the letter from NoA and checked their website, it is listed as a foreign contact email, but I never got a response.

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 8.43.53 PM.png

However, it's 100% worth a shot in running an email campaign, since every small part helps.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Even if they are already working on one, it'll still be encouragement for the team.
And a bit of pressure.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I do agree we should wait until after the next major Direct before another campaign. After all, our reaction if they announce a new Golden Sun and/or Isaac for Smash would necessarily be very different from announcing Mario Golf or not having a Camelot announcement at all. Not to say you shouldn't write a letter or create fan-art or whatever else now if you feel inspired, but with Nintendo's 2020 slate still mostly unknown, a little patience is warranted before we actually send anything their way.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
This upcoming direct is probably gonna be the most tense direct I’ve ever watched. Not gonna lie, I’ll be on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I don’t know. Call me insane, but I still have a feeling that we’re not getting a General Direct till E3 (PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG, NINTENDO!).

I mean, regardless whenever that Direct happens, having Golden Sunday AND a celebration day when GS is announced would both be great to have. But that’s just me. I’m just nervous that we’d wait too long to do Golden Sunday again.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't know if we talked about this idea in particular before, but... if isaac got to be playable, I feel his adult version and matthew can all be alts in the end. Seeing how we got 4 heroes from dq that do the same thing moveset-wise, both isaacs and his son would basically be the same deal. Like, it's not necessary that we have 3 of them of course, we can always get non timeline canon appareances at the back of whatever stage, lol, but i feel all alts could happen if we somehow get all of the games on switch ported, remade or remastered or whatever as a collection.

I don’t know. Call me insane, but I still have a feeling that we’re not getting a General Direct till E3 (PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG, NINTENDO!).

I mean, regardless whenever that Direct happens, having Golden Sunday AND a celebration day when GS is announced would both be great to have. But that’s just me. I’m just nervous that we’d wait too long to do Golden Sunday again.
I seriously doubt they will skip this month without a direct considering they will have their annual investor meeting or whatever as their new fiscal year also begins.

That said, since the e3 stuff is just a regular direct that happens around the time and they dont physically tend to go there anymore, i doubt the timming of our next direct is going to be based on physical events, specially with all the crazy events in the world now. They might cancel e3 or delay it for later and the whole " no direct till e3" will make even less sense lol. It is already limiting as it is for companies and devs with the current situation, so Nintendo and its games coming to switch should already not rely on special events to be on schedule of releases and reveals.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Adult Isaac isn't the same height as teenager Isaac so that might look a bit strange as an alt (unless they used whatever magic they used on Ike to make it work). However, he's probably a similar height to Felix not that I expect that to happen.

I think Matthew as an alt is far more likely, seeing as they can use the same skeleton for Isaac. His clothes are similar enough to Adult Isaac, it'd be nice either way.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I don't know if we talked about this idea in particular before, but... if isaac got to be playable, I feel his adult version and matthew can all be alts in the end. Seeing how we got 4 heroes from dq that do the same thing moveset-wise, both isaacs and his son would basically be the same deal. Like, it's not necessary that we have 3 of them of course, we can always get non timeline canon appareances at the back of whatever stage, lol, but i feel all alts could happen if we somehow get all of the games on switch ported, remade or remastered or whatever as a collection.
It's possible that they'd include DD Isaac and Matthew as alts, but honestly, I don't want them too. I want Isaac only, with 8 different Isaac colors. I don't want to be held back like a third-party like DQ is, since they can only have one character (barring Echoes), they needed to squeeze in as much as they could. Meanwhile, Isaac is the face of Golden Sun, but there's so much more to the series. My ideal Isaac is one with the GBA design as the default, using the proper hands, and eight different colors: Garet, Ivan, Mia, Felix, Jenna, Sheba, and Piers. Mia and Piers have a very similar design, as do Ivan and Sheba, but they could easily differentiate them. Honestly, I'd love to see Felix as an Echo with the inverse costumes, his party first, then Isaac's, with maybe a Matthew Echo as well that includes alts for all eight of his party members. It's entirely possible.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
If Golden Sun really is in this next direct...how would you guys feel about Isaac potentially being the opening act of this pass?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
If Golden Sun really is in this next direct...how would you guys feel about Isaac potentially being the opening act of this pass?
I don't care as long as he's in it. However, it would make Smash speculation a lot more fun, since previously "deconfirmed" characters like Assists and Spirits would be proven to be fair game.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I have the healthy mindset of expecting an announcement this year but in no specific direct or month, otherwise the anxiety every single time is gonna be too much for me lol

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Adult Isaac and Matthew I would think are both doable as alts. Not sure whether or not they'd bother to make them, though.

----

If Isaac is in the pass,
it kinda feels natural that he'd be revealed in the middle somewhere, like Banjo and K. Rool were. But they've never really shown much care for the order of the reveals.

----

Also this is indeed a weird Direct drought. I wonder what's up.

Edit: they probably thought the Animal Crossing Direct would suffice for most people

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
If it’s golf, I think we’d see it in this next direct. It’s not a game that would take a terribly long time to make I don’t think, especially considering they already have the assets and stuff from aces to work with. More than two years before we see anything about it would be a bit odd. If we don’t see anything from Camelot in this next direct I go from being kinda confident we’ll see Golden Sun this year to pretty confident.

I used to think alts were somewhat restrictive but seeing how Hero and Ike were handled, I think Felix is definitely a possible alt. Do I think it will happen? Depends on if this theoretical new game combines the first two games. If that’s the case I wouldn’t be too surprised if Felix comes along for the ride as well as an alt.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If it’s golf, I think we’d see it in this next direct. It’s not a game that would take a terribly long time to make I don’t think, especially considering they already have the assets and stuff from aces to work with. More than two years would be a bit odd. If we don’t see anything from Camelot in this next direct I go from being kinda confident we’ll see Golden Sun this year to pretty confident.

I used to think alts were somewhat restrictive but seeing how Hero and Ike were handled, I think Felix is definitely a possible alt. Do I think it will happen? Depends on if this theoretical new game combines the first two games. If that’s the case I wouldn’t be too surprised if Felix comes along for the ride as well as an alt.
Yeah how often they put their sport games + existing assets to make things faster already makes me doubt their next one is another sport game unless they have some weird schedule reason by nintendo on when to release this particular next one. I think it is more likely to be a longer project at this point imo, i hope anyway.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Great opener. I want to see internet go ballistic over him. As a bonus, people who kept making fan rules will go quiet.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Great opener. I want to see internet go ballistic over him. As a bonus, people who kept making fan rules will go quiet.
This. He would be the thanos of fan rules:

"Mr. no upgrades, i dont feel so good" lol

Isaac would literally be an upgrade of all things at once since he is every single thing in the game except playable atm.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This. He would be the thanos of fan rules:

"Mr. no upgrades, i dont feel so good" lol

Isaac would literally be an upgrade of all things at once since he is every single thing in the game except playable atm.
I would love to see everyone’s reaction to his reveal.
Imagine “Isaac is Thanos” memes going big. Giving hope again to so many fans who gave up and more. It will be glorious! And if there are those who are against him, I wouldn’t even care because Isaac is in anyway.

Top Bottom