• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dark Samus likely will get a more developped moveset in the next game, if she is kept in (which I think she will, since there is very few Metroid characters). Most echoes that are kept probably will.
Depends how drastic the cuts are. She's probably the least safe of the four Metroid characters.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I think she's safe; the metroid cast is small and i don't see Sakurai cutting any of them

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Again; it depends on how drastic the cuts are. If they shear down sizeable chunks of the roster so as to give the series a pseudo-reboot, then she's probably gone. If they just move forward with the base they've already got, like they did with 4 to Ultimate, the only characters that make sense to axe are those they couldn't re-license.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Same. I think it's even likely she'll get a full revamp to make her even more different from base Samus.
About SSF2 Isaac, I'm not fan of his neutral B, it feels clunky to me to have Hand psynergy like that. I personnaly prefer it to stay as his grab and throws. Maybe in the jab, as the third hit to push away the opponent a set distance (for guaranteed combos at any %, but not doing damage)

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I think it's highly unlikely that Dark Samus becomes any less of a clone. Without being able to be an Echo she probably didn't have much chance of being playable in the first place. Most likely outcome IMO is that she is just cut for the next game.

And yeah, let's not label Mac as "just a boxer." He's got a good lot of interesting mechanics that help him represent his series well.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think it's highly unlikely that Dark Samus becomes any less of a clone. Without being able to be an Echo she probably didn't have much chance of being playable in the first place. Most likely outcome IMO is that she is just cut for the next game.

And yeah, let's not label Mac as "just a boxer." He's got a good lot of interesting mechanics that help him represent his series well.
This is entirely off-topic, but despite seeing your profile picture for like a year I just now took a good look at it and I love it.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
This is just a what-if scenario, but how would you react to an assist getting promoted, but it's not Isaac or Waluigi? Someone like Takamaru, Ashley, Shovel Knight, Shadow etc.

ZelDan

Smash Master
This is just a what-if scenario, but how would you react to an assist getting promoted, but it's not Isaac or Waluigi? Someone like Takamaru, Ashley, Shovel Knight, Shadow etc.
Shovel Knight Would be awesome. he was one of my most wanteds along with Isaac.

Outside of those 2, the only other ones that'd be of interest to me are Megaman Zero and Alucard.

Lyn is a character I also have wanted to be get promoted, but with Three Houses (one of my favorite FEs) getting the content it did, and me knowing the Lyn would probably cause the Smash community to get sucked up in a vortex of salt, I can probably live without her at the moment (not saying I still wouldn't want her, but that I'm not pining for her as much as I would have over a year ago).

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
It would sting, but there are some choice options to take in this type of scenario even without getting Isaac. Midna, Shadow, Krystal, and Shovel Knight are all characters I’d like to see get an upgrade. I’d be more baffled than anything if Waluigi were to be skipped over again in a world of AT upgrades. He’s not a character I’m jonesing for by any stretch, but I’m still kinda stunned he isn’t playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dark Samus likely will get a more developped moveset in the next game, if she is kept in (which I think she will, since there is very few Metroid characters). Most echoes that are kept probably will.
We said the same for Lucina and Dark Pit last time.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
True. Though both of them are carbon copies of the original. Dark Samus does have abilities that samus doesn't get. Not saying it's certain, just likely.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
If it's shadow I would cry tears of joy. shovel Knight I would be happy, same with Zero, Knux, Bomberman, Alucard, etc

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'd still be happy. It would very much stop the community view of ATs as a death sentence. That means Isaac would no longer be dead in general speculation talks.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'd still be happy. It would very much stop the community view of ATs as a death sentence. That means Isaac would no longer be dead in general speculation talks.
I have the exact same thoughts. As long as we also get a new Golden Sun release and it does well Isaac will remain really strong. I think even without that GS release he can still have huge demand for Smash. I really think it's a matter of when not if

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd be confused at first, especially if it was my man Takamaru, but I'd be ecstatic. I really want all of those characters. And AT promotions being a thing, no matter for whom, would shut this fanbase up forever. So that's a sweet bonus.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Surprised, and then sad because I wouldn't expect another upgrade.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
If it was Waluigi, I would be afraid that he would be the only one.
If it was an unrep IP like Takamaru, I would be happy mostly for the perspective it opens.
If it was an already represented IP (Shadow, Ashley...), I would have both these feelings.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'd be confused at first, especially if it was my man Takamaru, but I'd be ecstatic. I really want all of those characters. And AT promotions being a thing, no matter for whom, would shut this fanbase up forever. So that's a sweet bonus.
Don't underestimate how silly parts of the Smash base can get. even if an AT got promoted they could still be like "yeah, AT characters have gotten promoted within the same game before with Isaac and Shovel Knight, but we have yet to see an AT who was purple get promoted, so there's still no chance in hell Waluigi is getting promoted!"

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
For me, the other Assist Trophy who's worthy of being promoted other than the Camelot bros is Takamaru.
I mean, he haven't got a single game for 34 years now, and he got cut twice. Not once, but TWICE. If he gets promoted, I won't feel bad about it. He earned it fair and square.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
For me, the other Assist Trophy who's worthy of being promoted other than the Camelot bros is Takamaru.
I mean, he haven't got a single game for 34 years now, and he got cut twice. Not once, but TWICE. If he gets promoted, I won't feel bad about it. He earned it fair and square.
I'd like to add to this with Shovel Knight and Bomberman: both very deserving of a full slot on the roster, just not quite as popular.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Lyn, Takamaru, Skull Kid.

Edit: if cut ATs are allowed then Saki, Ray MK III.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
They could probably make a new Smash game where the newcomers are just AT promotions and I'd love all of them. So many of the characters reduced to ATs are full of potential, it's so sad. But it's good that we already have Charizard, Little Mac, Dark Samus and Isabelle setting precedent.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Funny moment in Maximilian Dood's recent Smash vid where he's trying out Byleth with some friends. Isaac's assist pops up and the Banjo player (don't know if it was Max or some other guy) yells out, 'Dead franchise Man!' as he tries to attack Isaac and then runs off into a tornado in the 64 Hyrule stage. It was pretty hilarious dissing the series and immediately dying after. How satisfying lol. The general consensus is the series is dead so the reaction to a new game coming out is going to be so wild lol.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Funny moment in Maximilian Dood's recent Smash vid where he's trying out Byleth with some friends. Isaac's assist pops up and the Banjo player (don't know if it was Max or some other guy) yells out, 'Dead franchise Man!' as he tries to attack Isaac and then runs off into a tornado in the 64 Hyrule stage. It was pretty hilarious dissing the series and immediately dying after. How satisfying lol. The general consensus is the series is dead so the reaction to a new game coming out is going to be so wild lol.
You'd think a Banjo player wouldn't be the one to do that.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Karma at its finest. Hehe.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It happens around the 10 min. mark (his Byleth video is 12 min in all so in case anyways wants to just get to that part lol). I know I watched it several times already, wasn't expecting it and the instant karma moment made it especially hilarious haha.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I saw that. So does Banjo being in Smash not make him a dead franchise?

Was funny to see the Karma. And Isaac did get a kill after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom