• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been asked before here, but what do you think Isaac's Boxing Ring title should be in the event that he is added?

I personally like either "Masterful Venus Adept" or "Hero of Weyard", myself, but I'd like to see others' opinions on such a topic.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
We had a discussion like this not long ago.
Isaac would probably titles you can earn ingame: Warrior of Vale, Colosso Champion, Pirate King...

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Isaac would probably titles you can earn ingame: Warrior of Vale, Colosso Champion, Pirate King...
This feels right, particularly those first two options. Sakurai has shown that he takes the DLC characters very seriously, so I imagine he'd try to play through the original game as part of his research. If I had to guess I think he'd pick Colosso Champion as it fits in well with the other Boxing Ring titles and is a particularly memorable sequence in TBS.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Litteraly the best way to use a shill pick.
That would be like having people CHEER when your commercial comes on, then PAY YOU, the advertiser, for the commercial, and then BUY THE PRODUCT YOU'RE ADVERTISING on top of that.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

We got another “leak” on our hands, Adepts! This might be real! Lmao

Seriously though, I hope Isaac is among the 6 DLC Fighters.

Warrior of Vale has always been my favorite!

Kalaam

Smash Ace
That would be like having people CHEER when your commercial comes on, then PAY YOU, the advertiser, for the commercial, and then BUY THE PRODUCT YOU'RE ADVERTISING on top of that.
That's kinda what Smash is supposed to be.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
That's why, given all the context and situation, I am confident in him making it to the pass.
If another Golden Sun is indeed being made, putting Isaac in the pass is a very smart move. As I mentioned before, this actually gives Nintendo a solid reason to bypass him being an AT.

That brings up a question, though. If we get Isaac and a Golden Sun game, which one do you think we’ll see first? Both at the same time, perhaps?

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Tricky one. Because if it's Isaac first, people will mostly know who it is and a lot of us will cheer. Those not as familiar will either groan at another sword character or find him cool. Then to go on to a shot of Mt Aleph as part of a teaser of some sort would be hype. THose of us familiar would freak out and everyone else might not quite get it until they see the title reveal.

Thinking about it, if the Trailer was first, and then there was a Smash reveal, would it be to obvious? What if they were at opposite ends of a direct?

Also thinking back to previous trailer's, we've had Isabelle reveal before the New Horizon announcement, then we got Hero before a DQ11S commercial (not a new one). Were there any other examples?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I think the best thing to do is to reveal Isaac as a fighter and the new game at the same time. But then release Isaac in Smash before the release of Golden Sun. Now obviously the dual reveal will get the hardcore Smash and Golden Sun fans hyped but the release of Isaac as a fighter will allow those who are unfamiliar with Isaac to get acquainted with him and get them interested in the upcoming release. A win for the fans, a win for the people who get introduced to the series, and a win for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I kinda hope Isaac is revealed first just to watch the whole Smash fanbase go complete ape****. If Golden Sun is revealed first, Isaac would no doubt rise to the top of speculation. It’s gonna be hype either way, but goddamn that would be satisfying.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I kinda hope Isaac is revealed first just to watch the whole Smash fanbase go complete ape****. If Golden Sun is revealed first, Isaac would no doubt rise to the top of speculation. It’s gonna be hype either way, but goddamn that would be satisfying.
It would be pretty satisfying to see Isaac at the top of Smash speculation, but my money's on a dual reveal with Isaac and a new Golden Sun game, probably at E3 of this year.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
A dual reveal, if both happens, is obvious.

However, I don't believe it at E3, because there would be a bigger character there, like Steve, Sora or Master Chief. Except if there are two reveals, like last time.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
As of now, 3 out of the 6 dlc fighters(Joker, Hero, Terry) have some unique mechanic to them. Will Isaac have something?

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Considering what Sakruai said in his presentation about trying to bring in new ways to play. I think the Djinn will end up part of his moveset somewhere. My guess is you can Standby up to 4 Djinn and do a super special like Ragnarok, but its at the cost of losing speed and damage until they set again.

He could of course implement it differently. Or maybe the Venus psynergy is different enough.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Considering he referred in the stream he wanted to introduce new "gimmicks", and 6 new characters will be done in two years, unlike this season pass, I think he will push to a more complex gimmicks in terms of gameplay or the character itself, like Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer. (that or the DLC team has been reduced).
In any other situation I think it would be a good sign for Isaac (because he could have a lot of options, since Djinn management to a earthbender who could manipulate the stage/create some terrain), but knowing who is choosing Dlcs and seeing he's really close with a lot of his picks, I really doubt we get an opportunity :/

Last edited:

Germaniac

Smash Rookie
Hm btw, had you seen that last year ?

It was from December, and it may be nothing, but still... that's interresting.
Apparently Wayback Machine has it archived
http://web.archive.org/web/20180916123724/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUpLknYuxEE

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I still don’t understand why they took down that remix when an Isaac Battle Remix doesn’t even exist in Smash. While I have heard that it was a bot that went overboard, it doesn’t make sense that it would also take down Banjo&Kazooie music, Megalovania and music of Geno which aren’t Nintendo owned. But then again, the bot probably searched anything that had “Smash” in the title.
Right now, B&K music and Megalovania are now in Smash while a Mii costume of Geno is still missing. It’s all such a weird coincidence.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
It's most likely that they just shot blindly at everything tagged as smash music. It seems too early for it to be because of Isaac in pass2. But if it is, it means he has been planned for a while.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
https://gonintendo.com/stories/353646-nintendo-re-ups-trademarks-for-39-existing-games

Hey guys long time no see. Still have a lot of pages to catch up as always but GoNintendoTweet on Twitter just shared this. Nintendo re-ups 39 existing trademarks games and..yeah you guessed it, Golden Sun (Dark Dawn in the list) is listed.

So yeah like always it doesn't mean anything at all, but there is hope and proof in a ways, that they care about GS ^^

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
1580278581391.jpeg

If Isaac had other Social Media accounts. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
https://gonintendo.com/stories/353646-nintendo-re-ups-trademarks-for-39-existing-games

Hey guys long time no see. Still have a lot of pages to catch up as always but GoNintendoTweet on Twitter just shared this. Nintendo re-ups 39 existing trademarks games and..yeah you guessed it, Golden Sun (Dark Dawn in the list) is listed.

So yeah like always it doesn't mean anything at all, but there is hope and proof in a ways, that they care about GS ^^
we still don't have all the details on this since none of these are public on the actual trademark site for the moment, so whether they're all renewals or new trademarks is TBD

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

The source doesn't share more information, how could that be reliable?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah let's not mix up things. While this one might be a renewal, the one we got in 2018 that got finally approved last year is a total new one, not a renewal. Different cases.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
It likely is just because DD's trademark was due to expiration this year.
However, it does confirm that last year's trademark is (and I repeat for those who didn't get it) a new trademark for another Golden Sun. Which may or may not reach the end of development and all, but it is a trademark that doesn't relate to any of the other 3 games, it is not a renewal. And DD's renewal just reaffirms it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It likely is just because DD's trademark was due to expiration this year.
However, it does confirm that last year's trademark is (and I repeat for those who didn't get it) a new trademark for another Golden Sun. Which may or may not reach the end of development and all, but it is a trademark that doesn't relate to any of the other 3 games, it is not a renewal. And DD's renewal just reaffirms it.
Pretty much. GS1 trademark still has til 2021 iirc, NessAtc. NessAtc. can confirm that to me since he was the one to tell me about it. If they are to renew DD trademark within the year of expiring, that only confirms further that the new one that first appeared near the end of 2018, well, a new, not even related to the first games.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
This new trademark is certainly something mysterious. We're not sure what exactly it means, although I believe it points towards a new game.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'd just like to avoid confusing various trademarks and their potential implications. This one for Dark Dawn seems relatively benign, considering it is among a pack of other titles with wildly varying degrees of importance. It sounds like the earlier Golden Sun one may well point to something new, but I doubt this new one means much of anything.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
May I invite you to come spread Isaac love on the speculation thread from time to time? I don't want to be the only annoying guy that remind the community Isaac exists and is a long term request who deserves a spot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
May I invite you to come spread Isaac love on the speculation thread from time to time? I don't want to be the only annoying guy that remind the community Isaac exists and is a long term request who deserves a spot.
Hey, I do a little bit of it too, like explaining how there's enough GS content not in the game to warrant a full challenger pack.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun fans entering Smash speculation after a new Golden Sun is announced:

5779AAD7-007B-4FBA-A398-9415DCF4A88C.jpeg

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Nintendo be the David Wallace in this situation?
I'm pretty sure David Wallace is supposed to be all of the Smash speculators who've written Isaac off for being from a "dead series." Nintendo giving a new game the green light would be enough to make them one of the good guys.

Top Bottom