• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I respect your opinion. I just don't like it when people trash on Fatman calling him a liar when he is really just speculating like all of us. I'm not saying you diss Fatman though.
Oh yeah. I’m not calling him a liar. I know he’s speculating. I find it annoying when others treat his speculation like it’s fact.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fatman isn't connected with Sabi in any shape or form anymore because he left Sabi's private discoard quite awhile ago. Like he left in November I think. Fatman is now on his own with certain contects he met in the discoard or outside he follows and protects their information. He only will say something if he is giving the thumbs up from them. Also, Fatman isn't talking bull**** he is just creating theories.
I respect your opinion. I just don't like it when people trash on Fatman calling him a liar when he is really just speculating like all of us. I'm not saying you diss Fatman though.
These posts tell two different stories.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
yeah this is another one of those times where I just agree with n3on, fatman literally just got off of hard predicting due to his new "sources" that #5 would be a western IP, and it actually ended up being the complete and utter opposite. I don't think you can just call him a speculator at this point.

Also he didn't leave the private discord, he was actually removed from it because the people in it were tired of the stuff he pulls

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
yeah this is another one of those times where I just agree with n3on, fatman literally just got off of hard predicting due to his new "sources" that #5 would be a western IP, and it actually ended up being the complete and utter opposite. I don't think you can just call him a speculator at this point.

Also he didn't leave the private discord, he was actually removed from it because the people in it were tired of the stuff he pulls
Well, I don’t really know the guy nor do I follow what he says, but he does seem like an attention seeker. That’s pretty much anyone that says they’re a “leaker” or have “connections”.

Has there been anyone that’s really been dead on with the DLC? I know some people were claiming Erdrick was coming, but that just felt more like a safe assumption than anything. We did get Erdrick, but only as a Hero skin. I don’t think anyone mentioned the other three skins.

I guess people are just so desperate for Smash information they’ll latch on to anything even though it’s painfully obvious the most well known Smash “leakers” are pretty clueless.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Fatman wants the "prestige" of a leaker with the safety of a speculator.

But it's hard to achieve the former when you're not actually credible. I mean, even when you are pretty credible, people will focus on the times you weren't, even if they make up the vast minority.

Well, I don’t really know the guy nor do I follow what he says, but he does seem like an attention seeker. That’s pretty much anyone that says they’re a “leaker” or have “connections”.

Has there been anyone that’s really been dead on with the DLC? I know some people were claiming Erdrick was coming, but that just felt more like a safe assumption than anything. We did get Erdrick, but only as a Hero skin. I don’t think anyone mentioned the other three skins.

I guess people are just so desperate for Smash information they’ll latch on to anything even though it’s painfully obvious the most well known Smash “leakers” are pretty clueless.
Vergeben has been the closest of those that made public claims, but no, no one has been dead on.

And yes, leakers and those posing as them do seem to prey on peoples' desperation for information, and it's disheartening to see how readily you can get embraced simply by telling people what they want to hear.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Fatman wants the "prestige" of a leaker with the safety of a speculator.

But it's hard to achieve the former when you're not actually credible. I mean, even when you are pretty credible, people will focus on the times you weren't, even if they make up the vast minority.

Vergeben has been the closest of those that made public claims, but no, no one has been dead on.

And yes, leakers and those posing as them do seem to prey on peoples' desperation for information, and it's disheartening to see how readily you can get embraced simply by telling people what they want to hear.
Yeah. I suppose that’s why he only hangs out in the Geno thread. They’ll eat up everything he says because he wants Geno in the game and constantly tells everyone he’s a shoe in.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
yeah even in my own server people were blasting me for thinking that #5 would end up being a promotional first party rather than Dante

People can be quite averse to hearing something that doesn't fit within their ideal image. Only after going past that can you actually find what the truth is and admittedly, even I didn't find it however close I was

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Tsk Tsk so he can’t speculate with insider information? Whatever you say then. Lol
It's not complicated. If you publicly circulate insider claims, you don't get to recuse yourself from being a leaker, even if you come up with your own interpretation of the information. Because you're still the one culpable of disseminating the claim.

This is something basically everyone outside the Geno thread readily comprehends.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
God of War x Golden Sun is easily the best thing that happened this year
That is the kind of fanart we need the most, fanarts that are retweeted by the director of the crossed-over licence.

How would you guys feel if the next game by Camelot was Mario Golf, but Isaac is a character in there sporting Polo t-shirt and golf pants?
I mean Sol Sanctum is a stage in Mario tennis aces so it might be possible.
When the DLC of Ace were running, I said "if Isaac makes a playable cameo, I'll buy it". That would be the same here.

Updated support list.
You can add me too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How would you guys feel if the next game by Camelot was Mario Golf, but Isaac is a character in there sporting Polo t-shirt and golf pants?
I mean Sol Sanctum is a stage in Mario tennis aces so it might be possible.
Would be my first Mario Golf game since the 64.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Few things about Isaac:
If the dlc comes with new spirits, what about the GS spirits now? Will they be moved to the GS spirit board?
Same or different VA?
Ring name?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I think they'll stay where they are. And we'll get a special spirit board just like the others. Don't all special Spirit Boards have the same number of spirits?
They could change the VA, mostly because he'd probably talk a bit more. But they could also keep the same. I'd say 50/50.
"The Warrior of Vale" or "The Golden Boy"

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I find myself rooting for Waluigi for Camelot Bros and assist alliance but in no way do I feel that Waluigi is the 100% guaranteed end all be all for an assist promotion in the 2nd pass. Little Mac was the sole promotion in 4 because Sakurai was nostalgic for his game, even though the likes of Lyn or Waluigi likely had bigger fan bases and popularity. Robin was added as the unique newcomer over Chrom because Sakurai felt like he wouldn't bring anything different to the table. We have yet another DLC promotional FE character despite how triggered the community was over Corrin last time. Sakurai will add who he adds regardless of popularity, expectation, or seniority.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I find myself rooting for Waluigi for Camelot Bros and assist alliance but in no way do I feel that Waluigi is the 100% guaranteed end all be all for an assist promotion in the 2nd pass. Little Mac was the sole promotion in 4 because Sakurai was nostalgic for his game, even though the likes of Lyn or Waluigi likely had bigger fan bases and popularity. Robin was added as the unique newcomer over Chrom because Sakurai felt like he wouldn't bring anything different to the table. We have yet another DLC promotional FE character despite how triggered the community was over Corrin last time. Sakurai will add who he adds regardless of popularity, expectation, or seniority.
I agree with this. Even though I want Waluigi the most and think he's the most likely AT promotion, in no way do I believe he's guaranteed if AT promotions are on the table. For all I know Sakurai could promote one of the ATs to a playable fighter in order to promote a new game coming out. I find it unlikely that this could happen, but hey, I thought getting another Fire Emblem character in the fighters pass was unlikely and I was wrong, so what do I know?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I think they'll stay where they are. And we'll get a special spirit board just like the others. Don't all special Spirit Boards have the same number of spirits?
They could change the VA, mostly because he'd probably talk a bit more. But they could also keep the same. I'd say 50/50.
"The Warrior of Vale" or "The Golden Boy"
That's nice. But what about "Alchemy Warrior" or "Truly Groundbreaking"?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
It's fun but I feel like they'd try to keep a title relevant to the game, if he has one. They could pull out a surprise like "Pirate King" or "Colosso Champion". Which both are possible titles Isaac can earn in the game (if you beat Deadbeard or win the Colosso). Both are referred to in TLA if you transfer a save that meet those conditions. (Colosso fighters coming for you, and pirates in alafhra talking about it in the inn.)

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Few things about Isaac:
If the dlc comes with new spirits, what about the GS spirits now? Will they be moved to the GS spirit board?
Same or different VA?
Ring name?
1. No, they will stay there and the new ones will be on the board.
2. He's keeping the same in Japanese. English might depend on a remake (personally I hate the Japanese voice so I hope he gets an English voice).
3. I don't know, but I would expect something basic.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Few things about Isaac:
Same or different VA?
Ring name?
I'm sure the spirits would be relabeled as GS spirits, but they may not use the base game spirits on the board. Maybe they'll use new spirits based a new game?
Different VA. I really don't like his current VA (since it's not a guy, and Isaac is 16, not 12) and I hope we get a solid cast for the English voice.
I'd like "Warrior of Vale" or something cool like "Colosso Champion".

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Few things about Isaac:
Same or different VA?
Ring name?
I've thought about this before and I think either they will give the characters different artwork for new DLC spirits or they will give us spirits from the series that didn't make it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
These posts tell two different stories.
You're calling me a liar or Fatman a liar? Because nether of us are liars. I'm not connected to any leakers whatsoever and Fatman while he kind of is, really is just speculating off of what he hears and is able to share with the community from his contects.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're calling me a liar or Fatman a liar? Because nether of us are liars. I'm not connected to any leakers whatsoever and Fatman while he kind of is, really is just speculating off of what he hears and is able to share with the community from his contects.
All I'm saying is that in the first post you say he shares what he hears from certain contacts if given the thumbs up (which is textbook leaking), and in the other you say he's really just speculating. But if you proliferate internal claims, that's leaking, whether you then choose to speculate over them or not.

If you commit the action, you don't get to evade the label simply by adding your own take to it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All I'm saying is that in the first post you say he shares what he hears from certain contacts if given the thumbs up (which is textbook leaking), and in the other you say he's really just speculating. But if you proliferate internal claims, that's leaking, whether you then choose to speculate over them or not.

If you commit the action, you don't get to evade the label simply by adding your own take to it.
Well Fatman does have contects and does speculate on what he hears from those contects and will always ask permission from them if he can share this or that with the community. He speculates with that along with what's going with the game and the missing Smash 4 Mii costumes that have yet to return. It's like he's spaculating with some leaked information throw in the mix but isn't a leaker if that makes any sense. Fatman says he isn't a leaker and is just speculating.

D

Deleted member

Well Fatman does have contects and does speculate on what he hears from those contects and will always ask permission from them if he can share this or that with the community. He speculates with that along with what's going with the game and the missing Smash 4 Mii costumes that have yet to return. It's like he's spaculating with some leaked information throw in the mix but isn't a leaker if that makes any sense. Fatman says he isn't a leaker and is just speculating.
Leakers can speculate what information they can gather yes. Fatman is the textbook definition of a leaker regardless of if he speculates on what he's given or not. I'm positive Sabi speculated about what information they had rather it was behind doors or not which makes Fatman no different than Sabi.

The definition of "Leak" is: "to allow to become known, as information given out covertly" according to here so what would a leaker be? Someone who gives out information or allow information to become known which is what Fatman does which means Fatman is indeed a leaker. That's just a fact regardless of what he may want to call himself.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Well Fatman does have contects and does speculate on what he hears from those contects and will always ask permission from them if he can share this or that with the community.
So... he styles himself as a leaker. I don't know how you can call this anything but "leaking". It seems extremely obvious that despite how fatman may call himself, he's pretty clearly trying to be a leaker. He's just not doing a very good job of it, nor does he have actual legitimate source anymore.

Failing at being a leaker doesn't mean you aren't trying to be one

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Let's keep leaker's drama out of here. Wether or not you trust that guy is up to you. Aggree to disaggree.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Haven’t posted here in a bit, but I’d like to add to this conversation topic of AT promotions. If there is only one of them in this pass, some people are saying Waluigi would get it.

However, I’d like to argue otherwise. I think that Isaac has just as much of a chance, if not more to be the one they choose. It all comes down to one thing:

The reason no AT has ever been promoted is probably because Nintendo has never had a reason to do so.

Not yet.

With Waluigi, Nintendo sees a lot of people who are angry because a character they liked didn’t get into Smash. Sure it was a big reaction, but Nintendo is probably used to stuff like that happening. It makes sense people wouldn’t be happy that their character didn’t get in. What i’m trying to say is, while Nintendo probably took note, that might not be enough to get a character promoted in the same game.

So what would be enough? What makes Isaac different?

While Waluigi was shown as an AT right away, Isaac wasn’t. He was shown at the very end. Before that, two very important things happened. The Rathalos tweet and the trademark renewal. It might not be those things themselves that were the important part, but the reaction to them. If you recall, the rathalos tweet is what really made the Isaac support skyrocket. There were hundreds of replies all about how much people wanted Isaac in. Sakurai is probably used to people asking him to put characters in, but maybe not something this unified. If you look at that tweet, almost all the replies are Isaac related.

That’s not all though, there’s also the trademark renewal. I don’t need to remind you that this got trending on twitter. For a “dormant” series, that’s pretty impressive. That’s not to mention that both these things happened in very close proximity to each other. The trademark was filed a couple weeks after Sakurai’s tweet.

Both these things in combination show not only a desire for Isaac in Smash with the rathalos tweet, but also a desire for Golden Sun as a whole with the trademark. With Waluigi, it’s just about a character. With Isaac, it’s about an entire series. All that happened before Isaac was shown to be an AT, so it wasn’t just an angry fanbase reaction.

Quite a bit ago, it was said that a new Golden Sun game would be on the table if enough fans showed interest in the series. The keyword there is series, meaning more than just a position in Smash. I think that has finally happened. Aces released in late June, while all the talk about Golden Sun happened in August and very early September, which is impeccable timing. Golden Sun was the most popular it’s been in nearly a decade during that time frame. If there was ever a time where Golden Sun showed it deserved another entry, it was then.

Yes, I’m suggesting that this is most likely an all or nothing situation. I think we’re either gonna walk away empty handed or get both Golden Sun and Isaac in Smash to promote it. That’s exactly the edge Isaac has over Waluigi and every other AT, he gives Nintendo a solid reason to make him a fighter now rather than waiting until the next game. I don’t think ATs were ever truly off the table, there just hasn’t ever been a reason to promote one until now.

Also, we get our last fighters in 2021, which is also when Golden Sun’s 20th anniversary will be. Something to think about.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
again, Camelot turned over development from Aces in December 2017. Even if you don't think they could have been influenced by Xenoblade 2's success both pre-release and at release, this is quite the long wait for a Mario Golf game, but not out of the ordinary for Golden Sun, which has been stated to take a lot of time and effort to make.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
again, Camelot turned over development from Aces in December 2017. Even if you don't think they could have been influenced by Xenoblade 2's success both pre-release and at release, this is quite the long wait for a Mario Golf game, but not out of the ordinary for Golden Sun, which has been stated to take a lot of time and effort to make.
Aces came out in the summer of 2018, I don't know where you're getting December from. The game wouldn't have gone gold anywhere near then.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Aces came out in the summer of 2018, I don't know where you're getting December from. The game wouldn't have gone gold anywhere near then.
Notice how I said "development ended", not "the game came out".

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201806/28160050.html

Hiroyuki says in this article that he organized the game up until December "of last year", which would have been December 2017. This means that his part in Aces was well over by then, and he was moving onto the next project. Plus, Aces contains a lot of credits of staff from Nintendo EPD, so it's pretty likely the game was completed in part by a skeleton team formed from EPD staff.

In any case, Camelot personnel were moving towards the next project at that point.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Notice how I said "development ended", not "the game came out".

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201806/28160050.html

Hiroyuki says in this article that he organized the game up until December "of last year", which would have been December 2017. This means that his part in Aces was well over by then, and he was moving onto the next project. Plus, Aces contains a lot of credits of staff from Nintendo EPD, so it's pretty likely the game was completed in part by a skeleton team formed from EPD staff.

In any case, Camelot personnel were moving towards the next project at that point.
Sure, but even if they immediately began work on Golf and potentially even if it’s finished that doesn’t mean we would have actually seen it yet. You have to consider Nintendo’s release schedule and I suspect that regardless of when development finishes on Golf there is a good chance they would release it in the summer months, just like Aces. Which means we probably wouldn’t now about it until the first direct of the year, which hasn’t happened yet.

Now I don’t want that to happen, but I would caution getting so focused on timing that you neglect other considerations as well.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Sure, but even if they immediately began work on Golf and potentially even if it’s finished that doesn’t mean we would have actually seen it yet. You have to consider Nintendo’s release schedule and I suspect that regardless of when development finishes on Golf there is a good chance they would release it in the summer months, just like Aces. Which means we probably wouldn’t now about it until the first direct of the year, which hasn’t happened yet.

Now I don’t want that to happen, but I would caution getting so focused on timing that you neglect other considerations as well.
Neglect is a strong and inaccurate word. I personally prefer doubt.

I highly doubt it due to the trademark (and lack thereof of a Golf one). I highly doubt it due to Hiroyuki actually having RPGs (and Golden Sun) on the brain at the time. I highly doubt it due to the way the market reared it's head. Etc, etc.

Could I be wrong? Of course I could be. Do I think I am wrong? No. Not with all the market research I've done.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

I highly doubt it due to the trademark (and lack thereof of a Golf one). I highly doubt it due to Hiroyuki actually having RPGs (and Golden Sun) on the brain at the time. I highly doubt it due to the way the market reared it's head. Etc, etc.

Could I be wrong? Of course I could be. Do I think I am wrong? No. Not with all the market research I've done.
In that case, would you say we can or maybe should expect the hypothetical Golden Sun remake to be announced this year and if you predict so, what time period? Personally I think we just might see a teaser either at E3 (That would be perfect with an Isaac reveal in Septembers direct!)

SirCamp

Smash Ace

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying anything you’re saying is wrong. I just worry that people are getting a bit too invested in something that isn’t confirmed. We all want more Golden Sun.

I’d just rather be skeptical than end up disappointed. My confidence level will definitely increase though if we don’t have golf news come the next direct. So we shall see.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
During 2020 imo, I've said it before, that it would be super stupid to waste a whole freaking year of trademark lifetime after getting approved late 2019 (or mid 2019? Im a bit confused which was official, if june or november… oh well, regardless!). I don't think Camelot will spend another year not announcing their next project, where as NessAtc. said, only GS has gotten a new trademark by NoJ, unlike other possible games.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying anything you’re saying is wrong. I just worry that people are getting a bit too invested in something that isn’t confirmed. We all want more Golden Sun.

I’d just rather be skeptical than end up disappointed. My confidence level will definitely increase though if we don’t have golf news come the next direct. So we shall see.

This isn't really a matter of if it's happening or not anymore, we're talking about new trademarks filed by NoJ, which is never done for no reason. It literally means money invested specially for a class 9 trademark. It's not a matter of IF, but WHEN, at this point.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
In that case, would you say we can or maybe should expect the hypothetical Golden Sun remake to be announced this year and if you predict so, what time period? Personally I think we just might see a teaser either at E3 (That would be perfect with an Isaac reveal in Septembers direct!)
I think we could see it as early as next direct, as I don't think they'll want to wait too long to reveal Isaac if he's DLC to tie in. Either next direct or the E3 direct, and I'm leaning towards the former.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I really am curious to know what Camelot is up to. I hope it's Golden Sun, but I wouldn't be surprised it's just a new golf game that's taken awhile. This is their first time developing for an HD system, after all.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I really am curious to know what Camelot is up to. I hope it's Golden Sun, but I wouldn't be surprised it's just a new golf game that's taken awhile. This is their first time developing for an HD system, after all.
I dunno, They already made Mario tennis Aces. I imagine that would give them some experience with that. They might also be able to carry some assets from mario Tennis Aces to a hypothetical Mario Golf Switch.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
During 2020 imo, I've said it before, that it would be super stupid to waste a whole freaking year of trademark lifetime after getting approved late 2019 (or mid 2019? Im a bit confused which was official, if june or november… oh well, regardless!).
Technically, it's June. But it became fully active and undisputable in November (there was a period where anyone could dispute it and have it taken down. It ended either because enough time passed, or because Nintendo showed proof of use of the trademark.)

Given all that, i'm fairly confident we will see Golden Sun in 2020. If not a release, at least an announcement. And that'd be the best shill pick Smash could ever make.

Top Bottom