• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I’ve got another tourney planned for Saturday next week and I am investigating other local scenes I can make a splash in. If all goes well, I can hopefully make it to a major tourney next year and if Isaac is added through dlc, you better believe I will take him to the grand stage of evo.
Honestly, I don't think he'll be added.

But, what we can do, is tell them of how much we want better treatment.

How much we want to be treated with better content, or better yet, an actual game with advertising behind it.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Imagine a fighting game where Isaac is a fighting game character.

Forget Link in soul Cailber. Put ISAAC in Soul Caliber.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I up to 30 something characters unlocked so far. Been mostly playing Classic and occasionally trying out characters in regular smash battles. Probably won't check out World of Light until tomorrow or Tuesday

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I've summoned give or take 200 assists so far, no Isaac. Is he an unlock-able assist?
Nope. All 59 ATs are unlocked. Sounds more like bad luck though. :/

The fastest way I was able to get both the Isaac Wig and Costume was grinding gold coins, buying all available Mii Costume/Headgear (with the occasional music buying to make more room) in the shop, rinse and repeat until you see it. The shop usually restocks after every smash battle/spirit battle/classic mode/etc.

Pro tip: If any of you feel like the input of your controller feels odd, try changing the stick sensitivity to high. I just did this and it feels loads better!

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
So personally, I think the DLC train is going to continue until at least round 3 and maybe longer if Nintendo has their way. They can keep charging folks 25 bucks a year for new fighters and most people including me will happily pay. It's basically free money for Nintendo, and we can look forward to years of hype character reveals during Nintendo Directs. And if you don't like who they're adding, just don't buy them. Everyone wins imo. Seeing Joker, Bayonetta, and Cloud makes me think that basically any popular video game character is suddenly on the table, so they're not going to run out. Phoenix Wright, 2B, Crash Bandicoot, Kratos, Master Chief, Minecraft Steve, Leon Kennedy, you name it. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually drop the "video game characters only" thing and toss in Goku, Batman, and Spider-Man for good measure. The only reason they'd really stop is if Sakurai put his foot down, but I think he's too attached to the franchise to let go if Nintendo asks him to keep going, and he wouldn't stand by and let anyone else take the helm.

At least making 5 DLC characters and stages a year is a lot less of a burden than making the entire game.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Isaac himself has the most representation of any currently not playable character. He has:

An assist
A mii costume
And two spirits

If that’s true, it’s kinda hilarious how he went from no representation to the most representation.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Isaac himself has the most representation of any currently not playable character. He has:

An assist
A mii costume
And two spirits

If that’s true, it’s kinda hilarious how he went from no representation to the most representation.
Don't forget 2 (or were there more?) music tracks. He must have been JUST shy of the cutoff for the playable roster, which is a real shame. But I'm happy that the series ultimately got so much love.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget 2 (or were there more?) music tracks. He must have been JUST shy of the cutoff for the playable roster, which is a real shame. But I'm happy that the series ultimately got so much love.
It makes me think that it might’ve really been just time constraints considering everything Isaac got. I think if Isaac was truly not relevant enough, he wouldn’t have gotten this much. All the stuff Isaac got this time feels like an apology to me. Almost as if they’re saying “We wanted this to happen, but can’t right now.” If time was the problem, the future looks good for DLC and future games.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

An assist
A mii costume
And two spirits

Actually I think Waluigi has 3 spirits and a song with his name mentioned along with an AT and Mii outfit so I believe he has a bit more.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
We simply got everything Sakurai could gave us with the current state of Golden Sun. If there is no second wave, fight is over for now in my case. My hopes went up and down the last week but ultimately i have to say that i wont see it happen. Right now or anytime. Thx Sakaurai though for the things we got.

ferioku

Smash Ace
It's been a while guys and I've been enjoying Smash a decent bit. Still upset that Isaac is an AT and my expectation has dropped to zero. What I will not do is give up however, there seriously has to be a way around this someway, somehow. If Isaac can't be added... Matthew can, if Matthew can't be added, Felix can.

If it's even out of the realms of possibility, maybe they are developing an new Golden Sun game that will be announced with a character representation to Smash brothers, I know this is reaching hard but, honestly, what else can we do! Our voices have been heard and a similar thing happend to K.Rool before he got added, i'm gonna be greedy plain and simple, Isaac deserves to be added to the game and there's nothing anyone can do to tell me otherwise LOL!

Keep on pushing guys, i'm sure our voices have already got to him, all we need now is persistence. Continue hammering our wishes to Sakurai/Nintendo, so they can actually understand how important this means to all of us!

I'll be enjoying my Shulk until then =(

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So personally, I think the DLC train is going to continue until at least round 3 and maybe longer if Nintendo has their way. They can keep charging folks 25 bucks a year for new fighters and most people including me will happily pay. It's basically free money for Nintendo, and we can look forward to years of hype character reveals during Nintendo Directs. And if you don't like who they're adding, just don't buy them. Everyone wins imo. Seeing Joker, Bayonetta, and Cloud makes me think that basically any popular video game character is suddenly on the table, so they're not going to run out. Phoenix Wright, 2B, Crash Bandicoot, Kratos, Master Chief, Minecraft Steve, Leon Kennedy, you name it. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually drop the "video game characters only" thing and toss in Goku, Batman, and Spider-Man for good measure. The only reason they'd really stop is if Sakurai put his foot down, but I think he's too attached to the franchise to let go if Nintendo asks him to keep going, and he wouldn't stand by and let anyone else take the helm.

At least making 5 DLC characters and stages a year is a lot less of a burden than making the entire game.
I agree, except for the part about licensed characters. Sakurai didn't allow manga characters since Melee (Japanese voters were asking for Doraemon back then), so I guess that extends to licensed characters in general. While Smash picks can get unexpected, they're generally within the realm of reason, in contrast to other Bamco-related productions like Tekken and some Soul Calibur entries.

Heck, they could even toss in retro characters like Master Higgins if they want to change things up even more.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I finally got Isaac's costume, so now I'm waiting on the wig to pop up. What do you guys use for the face? Anybody trying for a likeness, or are you just using the default blond male Mii? What about move kits? Any preferences?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I love how everyone here is accepting this representation.
Yes. This is still better better representation than 4.

But we're still represented by an assist trophy and some god damn JPEGS

And no game on the horizon.

No one ******* and complains, and you won't see Golden sun come back ever again.

(As for me, I'll be skipping this DLC season pass since everyone likes to point fingers at who's responsible for choosing. As well as just having mediocre choices as a whole. So yeah, this DLC will be yet another relevancy-charged season....again. The ballot meant jack****. Lmao.)

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Let's not give up guys!

Sakurai added several characters whose series had been dormant for longer then ours!

And even if you give up on Smash representation, please, for the love of gosh, tell Camelot that you want a new Golden Sun!

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Let's not give up guys!

Sakurai added several characters whose series had been dormant for longer then ours!

And even if you give up on Smash representation, please, for the love of gosh, tell Camelot that you want a new Golden Sun!
"Added in characters from franchises more dormant than ours."

Not in this game.

LOL

But hey. Let's accept this as our only content. It's not like smash 6 will take 10 years or anything.

Honestly, Nintendo is in need of a rude awakening.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

An assist
A mii costume
And two spirits

Actually, there are 8 Spirits and 2 songs. So yes, Golden Sun got the most love for a non-fighter Rep series in this game.

Also, We got some awesome GS Spirit Events in the Story Mode too. The best part is that Isaac is considered one of the best spirits in the game.

I love how everyone here is accepting this representation.
Yes. This is still better better representation than 4.

But we're still represented by an assist trophy and some god damn JPEGS

And no game on the horizon.

No one ******* and complains, and you won't see Golden sun come back ever again.

(As for me, I'll be skipping this DLC season pass since everyone likes to point fingers at who's responsible for choosing. As well as just having mediocre choices as a whole. So yeah, this DLC will be yet another relevancy-charged season....again. The ballot meant jack****. Lmao.)
I wouldn’t say the ballot meant nothing. Albeit it didn’t get us Isaac as a fighter unfortunately, but it got us the most attention. Meaning we came pretty close. This just shows that we need to push harder for Golden Sun to come back and let Nintendo know that we want Isaac playable in Smash more than ever before. No way am I backing down in that dream.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Actually, there are 8 Spirits and 2 songs. So yes, Golden Sun got the most love for a non-fighter Rep series in this game.

I wouldn’t say the ballot meant nothing. Albeit it didn’t get us Isaac as a fighter unfortunately, but it got us the most attention. Meaning we came pretty close. This just shows that we need to push harder for Golden Sun to come back and let Nintendo know that we want Isaac playable in Smash more than ever before. No way am I backing down in that dream.
How the hell can we push harder than our own votes? How can we push when we let Nintendo step all over us and just not put in the effort made to at least make us seem as if we're getting SOME meaningful content.

The fact is, with only so few characters coming from the ballot, it was mainly a useless publicity stunt made to captilize on smash.

Yet, Ridley fans ******** got him in.

I think that Isaac fans will need to push with even more assertion, but buying these smash games will only pitch them the idea that they don't have to try.

These corporations don't really care for fan input. They do what they want, until people make a fuss about something.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Technically, GS and Rhythm Heaven have the same amount of total content. GS has an AT, a Mii costume, 8 spirits (one of which is a 4 star upgrade), and 2 music tracks.

Rhythm Heaven has 9 spirits (including a 4 star upgrade) and 3 songs. The content GS has that Rhythm Heaven doesn't is more notable, though, as GS has Isaac as both an AT and a Mii costume.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Is it really notable? Cause so far, I see just dog**** content used to compinsate for a lack of interest of giving the fans of said character any "meaningful" content.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
How the hell can we push harder than our own votes? How can we push when we let Nintendo step all over us and just not put in the effort made to at least make us seem as if we're getting SOME meaningful content.
By being louder. Golden Sun fanbase has always been too quite.

Ridley and K. Rool fanbase have been way more proactive in the meaningful places. Heck, even Geno's fanbase is capable of making him one of the so-called biggest runner-up despite being such a minor character in the grand scheme of things. I will go even further, it pains me to see that there are neutral people who believe that Geno has more chance or merit than Isaac. How did we get there?

We are currently speaking of Golden Sun on a Golden Sun thread. It's an echo chamber. It will leads us nowhere. We need to be louder where it matters: general Nintendo and Smash discussions, Nintendo Twitters, general video game websites, fanarts websites and social media, conventions (cosplay), Isaac Mii in Smash online matches... All of that never happened in the past years for Isaac and Golden Sun, and that's why we don't have more.

But anything can change, if you allow me to quote Chrom. And it's only us, the fans, who can make it happen.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Is it really notable? Cause so far, I see just dog**** content used to compinsate for a lack of interest of giving the fans of said character any "meaningful" content.
I have to be a realest and say this NINTENDO won't care about golden sun in smash until the series comes back at all I feel like I've said this a thousand times lol but until we get that back we are just screaming into the void asking can we have a fighter we should go get the series back man it's more worth everyone's time then asking for smash representation

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
push as hard as you want...isaac playable wont happen. it hurts to say. accept it.dont be delusional

SPEN18

Smash Lord
The content GS has that Rhythm Heaven doesn't is more notable, though, as GS has Isaac as both an AT and a Mii costume.
And this is one of the biggest advantages GS has over RH: a highly recognizable main character that can be pushed as the definitive face of the franchise.

An AT and Mii Costume is a huge boon for GS compared to RH, but I'd agree that the overall level of representation is about the same as RH.

-------

To chip in with the rest of this discussion, I think one of our biggest mistakes was assuming that the ballot on its own would be enough. We thought that our voices would be heard through the raw number of votes, and so we didn't feel compelled to pursue other forms of advocacy. Based on all the ATs, Spirits, and Mii Costumes, it's clear that the ballot was used, just not in the way we envisioned. King K. Rool is very likely the only character they chose straight out of the ballot; while most fans (myself included) thought that the ballot characters would be used to determine PCs, it seems they were just used to determine other content outside of PCs. This whole campaign, the ballot gave us an easy response to any arguments against Isaac, but next time it's going to be a bit harder unless we push him as a definitive fan pick for Smash, a longstanding request that has never wavered.

The troubling thing is that we don't know how close we were. We have a leaker saying that Isaac was never considered, but how many characters were? Newcomers slots were obviously very limited this game, so even if Isaac wasn't considered it could simply have been due to Sakurai knowing that he had to make every Newcomer "count" from a marketing perspective. Based on the amount of content we have Isaac was almost certainly on Sakurai's radar, and it is possible that Sakurai simply did not consider Isaac for this game in particular. It's also possible that this NoA guy knows nothing about Sakurai's thought process and that Isaac was really close.

But in a certain sense it doesn't matter how close we were in Ultimate. The fact is that we didn't make it but we did take some baby steps forward. So just keep pushing for GS and it'll happen eventually.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, how about we all actually go places and tell people how much we want this back?

Oh wait, WE CANT. Because all the other Nintendo places would think we were "salty" over getting something over NOTHING.

We're written ourselves into a corner. We cannot be "calm and nice" to these fanboys if all they do is suck Nintendo's own ego down their throat.

They'll kick us down. And at that point, I'd say screw "being in the past". We're gonna BRING BACK the past.

And no stupid community will tell me otherwise that we'll need to accept this. No. I'll never accept this.

Make Nintendo hear our cries SO loud, that they'll have to NOT ignore it anymore.

Nintendo only cares, however, what's gets them the most money. And we've screwed ourselves from potentially getting anything ever.

I believe we can get our series back
There we're many things I believe back in the day.

I used to believe F-Zero would come back.

I used to believe GS was gonna get something in less than 5 years of DD's release.

We can continue forward, and try to make it where we can be heard.

But the more I go in life, the more I realize that corporations like nintendo have impossible expectations of smaller franchises, and I'm starting to think nintendo will probably not ever go back because it doesn't make them "the big bucks". They're afraid to take a risk becaus the want to spoil the bigger fanbases. It's a constant cycle of greed and spoilment.

Smaller franchises with no backlash towards the corporation will only make the corporations even more lazy and thinking that THIS is good enough.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What many people forget is that Nintendo is a corporation first and foremost. Which is why I think if we “play their game”, we can reassure them that it will be wise to bring Golden Sun back and it will benefit them as it will benefit us. How to do that? I don’t have that answer yet, but I will fight for it in any way I can. I’d rather fight a fruitless effort for Golden Sun’s return than to do nothing where there was fruit to be had to begin with (I hope that made sense).

Also, keep voting for Isaac regardless of what people say/think. Ridley & K. Rool fans wouldn’t have gotten their characters had they gave up. So, while we push hard for Golden Sun to return, keep Isaac in the running for DLC too. Show Nintendo that Isaac is not some fad choice but a highly requested character despite his odds.

D

Deleted member

Just unlocked my final character (Cloud), so I have my completed roster. Man, Ultimate is a great game, but there's just so much that needs to be done in the next couple of months to fix the game, balancing-wise, because the characters just didn't want to be unlocked. ESPECIALLY Cloud!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Well, how about we all actually go places and tell people how much we want this back?

Oh wait, WE CANT. Because all the other Nintendo places would think we were "salty" over getting something over NOTHING.

We're written ourselves into a corner. We cannot be "calm and nice" to these fanboys if all they do is suck Nintendo's own ego down their throat.

They'll kick us down. And at that point, I'd say screw "being in the past". We're gonna BRING BACK the past.

And no stupid community will tell me otherwise that we'll need to accept this. No. I'll never accept this.

Make Nintendo hear our cries SO loud, that they'll have to NOT ignore it anymore.

Nintendo only cares, however, what's gets them the most money. And we've screwed ourselves from potentially getting anything ever.

There we're many things I believe back in the day.

I used to believe F-Zero would come back.

I used to believe GS was gonna get something in less than 5 years of DD's release.

We can continue forward, and try to make it where we can be heard.

But the more I go in life, the more I realize that corporations like nintendo have impossible expectations of smaller franchises, and I'm starting to think nintendo will probably not ever go back because it doesn't make them "the big bucks". They're afraid to take a risk becaus the want to spoil the bigger fanbases. It's a constant cycle of greed and spoilment.

Smaller franchises with no backlash towards the corporation will only make the corporations even more lazy and thinking that THIS is good enough.
I get how you feel man at this point it's a difference of wills here I'm gonna believe but I understand why you don't at this point I'm not gonna give you flake for it cuz I completely understand why you don't believe in Nintendo hell for the most part I don't completely i mean my whole switch library is full of the great third parties and indies I'm supporting but that's not the point I feel like golden sun will come back in some form how I don't know but I do feel like we were heard even if it doesn't feel like it

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
While it is nice to see some GS representation, I’m not letting it cloud my hope. And I’m not giving up.

Isaac was my first Assist, no joke. But it was such a weird feeling. It was so bittersweet. I got so excited. But almost immediately I was reminded that the likelyhood of him being playable was next to none. Suddenly I was less enthused.

As for Golden Sun spirits... neat... until you realize that damn near everything under the Nintendo umbrella got a spirit. Including a ****ing Wii Balance Board.... really? Suddenly GS spirits don’t seem that special.

The only thing that truly feels like a step in the right direction is the Mii Costume.

That being said I don’t think we should hound Nintendo, at least not with any hate.

I do have an idea that I might elaborate on. I think Isaac for Smash is finished. I really don’t think he’ll be DLC.

I think we should make one last stand as the Isaac for Smash supporters. But not with text. I think we should gather any and all videos of people reacting to Isaac’s Assist. From notable YouTubers like Maximillion Doods (he’s one of my favorite reactions since he knows **** all about GS, but knew people weren’t gonna be happy with Isaacs Assist) to lesser YouTubers to absolute nodobies that just want their disappointment known.

And then, for anybody that’s willing, to make a video detailing why they wanted Isaac in Smash. Why they continue to want Isaac in Smash.

I know we said we’d move on to focus on Golden Sun, but I feel like, for one last time, we should let out a howl, “Isaac for Smash!”

Tacky, I know.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
While it is nice to see some GS representation, I’m not letting it cloud my hope. And I’m not giving up.

Isaac was my first Assist, no joke. But it was such a weird feeling. It was so bittersweet. I got so excited. But almost immediately I was reminded that the likelyhood of him being playable was next to none. Suddenly I was less enthused.

As for Golden Sun spirits... neat... until you realize that damn near everything under the Nintendo umbrella got a spirit. Including a ****ing Wii Balance Board.... really? Suddenly GS spirits don’t seem that special.

The only thing that truly feels like a step in the right direction is the Mii Costume.

That being said I don’t think we should hound Nintendo, at least not with any hate.

I do have an idea that I might elaborate on. I think Isaac for Smash is finished. I really don’t think he’ll be DLC.

I think we should make one last stand as the Isaac for Smash supporters. But not with text. I think we should gather any and all videos of people reacting to Isaac’s Assist. From notable YouTubers like Maximillion Doods (he’s one of my favorite reactions since he knows **** all about GS, but knew people weren’t gonna be happy with Isaacs Assist) to lesser YouTubers to absolute nodobies that just want their disappointment known.

And then, for anybody that’s willing, to make a video detailing why they wanted Isaac in Smash. Why they continue to want Isaac in Smash.

I know we said we’d move on to focus on Golden Sun, but I feel like, for one last time, we should let out a howl, “Isaac for Smash!”

Tacky, I know.
That’s a good idea as we will need to let ourselves be heard in more ways than one. I am supporting Isaac and golden sun getting revived in the pro scene all throughout Florida and I plan to spread the message all across the west if I can get to evo or a bigger tourney next year. What matters is we can’t give up. I know some of you think Isaac can never make it but after all We’ve been through, We must not stop until he gets in smash now or later and for golden sun to come back as a series. They still have to finish the story they started given dark dawns cliffhanger after all.are we gonna let it end that way? NO!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Tacky, I know.
Its a good start. I don’t want anyone, including Nintendo, to think that Isaac’s popularity and demand to be a fighter was only a fad. I want everyone to know that he IS wanted and that we are not some “small group” but an enourmous quiet group that definitely needs to “Let out a howl!” more than ever.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I would like to take a moment regarding whether we fought hard enough for Isaac. The way I'm seeing it now, those fights were over long before the game was even announced, given the base roster was decided on long before then and apparently favored the largest existing fanbases (Ridley and K. Rool) and recency (Inkling, Isabelle, Incineroar), along with Castlevania as the major third-party and the echoes which were all about ease of implementation. Frankly, for this specific game and roster, we were in an uphill battle from the beginning given we needed a unique character to be developed, did not have a recent game to back us up, and were not one of two absolute most popular character requests. It hurts to say, but we never really had a chance.

Now we're in a much better spot: we're easily in the top three first-party character requests now (if not number one), there are no more veterans to worry about, and while it sure looks like this wave of DLC will be third-party focused, the idea that Nintendo would feature a trailer for DLC during the Game Awards suggests that they know DLC for this game is going to a very big deal. If your goal is Isaac in Smash, the goal isn't to be more annoying: it's to preserve that large base of support and encourage Nintendo to actually pursue additional waves of DLC. No one can take a second wave of DLC as a given, and while we do want to be noticed, it helps if we do so in a way that actually convinces more people to side with us, as we really have nothing but community support to back our cause. I do think our potential success is closer than ever, and I do think the content we did get is a very good sign that what we have done matters. We just need to show that we want more and deserve more, and from what I've seen, we can easily reach that goal.

(Small progress update: got the Isaac spirit, which does indeed seem to be extremely powerful, and beat the final WoL fight with an Isaac-costumed Mii. Not quite done with the mode yet as I've apparently missed a little bit along the way, but I've definitely enjoyed this new Adventure mode a lot more than expected and look forward to spending a lot more time with the rest of the game once I've reached 100%.)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean, don't people think that characters from NEW video games will pop up sooner or later and overshadow isaac?

Sakurai seems either concerned with either the NES/SNES, and the modern day. We don't win unless Sakurai isn't involved anymore, or Nintendo finally gives a ****.

None of which won't happen because Nintendo or Sakurai doesn't give two ****s about a GBA RPG.

And no. Thinking it'll be a walk in the park will only let our guard down.

Last edited:

LadPrime

Smash Rookie
Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone have a solid lookalike Isaac Mii to go with his Mii Costume they're able to share?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m starting to really get the hang of my Isaac Swordfighter. Can you customize the moves? I never tried the Mii Fighters before

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I thought this was the funniest spirit i found, haven't played the mother series before, maybe Playable isaac could be ness's dad lol

Attachments

Top Bottom