• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun, Moon, and Stars Theory

SpriteBeSpicy

Smash Rookie
Sun Moon & Stars Theory:
Q: What is the "Sun Moon & Stars Theory?"
A: The SM&S Theory is a theory that revolves on a themeing of the remaining newcomers left in the game. These newcomers fitting the theme of the Sun, Moon, and Stars. The newcomers suggested by this theory are Isaac (going with the sun), Skull Kid (going with the Moon), Geno (going with the stars), and Incineroar (his game is called Sun & Moon).

Q: What evidence is there to support SM&ST?
A: Evidence that supports this theory is simply that these four seem to be the most likely contenders left. Isaac has the Rathalos picture, his longtime support, ballot support and current MIA assist trophy going for him, Skull Kid has the room of the 8/8 direct, an MIA assist trophy with said assist trophy functions being assigned to items and other assist trophies, has been requested for a while however did not get as much ballot support due to his assist trophy, a Mii costume and a lack of non-Link Zelda newcomers since Melee, I feel like Sakurai would see the demand for a new Zelda newcomer that isn't Link by now, Geno who has Sakurai wanting him in, being a huge request since Brawl, ballot support, a Mii costume with a splash screen, and Vergeben's rumoured new Square Enix rep, and Incineroar has Vergeben "leaking" him, being Ash's main pokemon (the anime seems to be leading up to this), and the fact that Sakurai adds a new Pokemon every game, it isn't too crazy to assume he saw concept art for the starters and chose Incineroar, or Gamefreak may have even suggested Incineroar to him as they planned to push him in the anime.

More evidence to support this is the 5 stage "leak" from CoroCoro. Although CoroCoro specifically can be unreliable, it is funny how there seems to be 6 open spots left, the 6th spot could be for a DLC button. Newcomers suggested by this theory such as Isaac and Geno would need to have stages. With only 103 stages they would seem unlikely but it really does seem we are getting 108. This leaves room for stages such as Venus Lighthouse, Alola, Forest Maze, and if we are to believe Vergeben possibly a Minecraft one. If we are to get these stages we would have one left, since this is the Ultimate Smash game I think we could possibly get a new Smash original stage to patch this out, maybe Clocktown but we already have Termina.

The most interesting piece of evidence for this theory is the 8/8 direct. At the end of both Simon and K Rool's trailers there is a shot of the sun and the moon. To many people this can be seen as a stretch, but is it really? It would be a stretch if these trailers did not take place in the same direct but, both of them ending with the sun and moon in the same direct seems weird to me. It isn't like the Smash team doesn't know what other trailers have either, so why put a shot of the sun and moon at the end of two trailers that are specifically shown in the same direct? It isn't too out of the realm of possibility for us to receive hints in trailers, considering the Pac-Man cloud theory revolving around Greninja's trailer. This could easily be the same case but much more planned out, it especially just seems strange to me that this seems to fit the most likely newcomers left as well. It seems too weird to be a coincidence to me.

Q: Does the SM&ST include echoes?
A: No, echoes are completely unrelated to this theory. For it to work the last unique newcomers must be Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno and Incineroar. More semi-clones such as Isabelle would be impossible if this theory were to turn out true, echoes however are completely unaffected by this theory as they would not tie into the theory directly. We can still get characters such as Ken, Ninten, Shadow, Medusa, Dixie etc and them not affect the theory. The only echo that would exactly tie into said theory is Felix, who would be an echo of Isaac.

Q: Can we really have 4 more unique characters with this amount of time left?
A: In my opinion yes, a reveal stream akin to Robin/Lucina isn't out of the realm of possibility. A dual reveal trailer for Skull Kid & Isaac could happen (Sun and Moon) as well. The last Smash direct, in my opinion is going to be long and big. This game is being hyped up to a very large degree and in said final direct we are expecting remaining assist trophies, spirits details and gameplay, and remaining stages. Who is to say they cannot fit 4 characters into the final direct (or we could deduct that number from reveal streams), especially going off the theory the trailers we're getting could just be cutscenes from Spirits.

Thank you for reading this theory, I am not the one to come up with it i'd like to clarify i've seen it thrown around before I just wanted to expand on it!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
An interesting prospect. But it's largely predicated on there being 4 unique newcomers. Can there truly be 4 unique characters left? That would take the fighter total to an even and impressive 72. But that honestly feel's very high.

SpriteBeSpicy

Smash Rookie
It does seem like much however I think it is possible. SK/Isaac dual reveal sometime before final direct and Geno and Incineroar in said final direct.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I have thought of that theory before and it makes way too much sense. I really hope it pans out that way in the end!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If you check the link in my signature, you'll see that this lines up with my predictions almost exactly. :laugh: It almost seems a bit too good to be true, but hey, it's possible that all the potential teases we think we've gotten are actual teases!

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
This is excactly what I would wish me as a (in my eyes) possible scenario.

Incineroar - In every game a Pokémon Rep, Verge said he is in. Anime supports him

Skull Kid - lots of hints like chairs, mushroom,missing AT and YL FS, Mii...

Isaac: Nintendo updated the rights for Golden Sun, big fan rage after his cut, playable could be a redemption

Geno: could be retro rap, very famous of fans, Sakurai wanted him in brawl but not possible. Now possible look at Ridley, Mii

There are also some more hints for each one.
Geno and SK could be promoted as the puppet-brothers :chuckle:

Next to this 4 uniques I see Ken and Shadow in (Echo). This would fit great 72 numbers and 8 echos.
(I think this would be too much but because of Pokémon Trainer who is only 1 fighter we need 2 more unique for 72 fighters and 8 echos as a perfect 80 roster (Smashdown) - wish would be Banjo Kazooie and Elma).

Sparkus

Smash Rookie
Sun Moon & Stars Theory:
Q: What is the "Sun Moon & Stars Theory?"
A: The SM&S Theory is a theory that revolves on a themeing of the remaining newcomers left in the game. These newcomers fitting the theme of the Sun, Moon, and Stars. The newcomers suggested by this theory are Isaac (going with the sun), Skull Kid (going with the Moon), Geno (going with the stars), and Incineroar (his game is called Sun & Moon).

Q: What evidence is there to support SM&ST?
A: Evidence that supports this theory is simply that these four seem to be the most likely contenders left. Isaac has the Rathalos picture, his longtime support, ballot support and current MIA assist trophy going for him, Skull Kid has the room of the 8/8 direct, an MIA assist trophy with said assist trophy functions being assigned to items and other assist trophies, has been requested for a while however did not get as much ballot support due to his assist trophy, a Mii costume and a lack of non-Link Zelda newcomers since Melee, I feel like Sakurai would see the demand for a new Zelda newcomer that isn't Link by now, Geno who has Sakurai wanting him in, being a huge request since Brawl, ballot support, a Mii costume with a splash screen, and Vergeben's rumoured new Square Enix rep, and Incineroar has Vergeben "leaking" him, being Ash's main pokemon (the anime seems to be leading up to this), and the fact that Sakurai adds a new Pokemon every game, it isn't too crazy to assume he saw concept art for the starters and chose Incineroar, or Gamefreak may have even suggested Incineroar to him as they planned to push him in the anime.

More evidence to support this is the 5 stage "leak" from CoroCoro. Although CoroCoro specifically can be unreliable, it is funny how there seems to be 6 open spots left, the 6th spot could be for a DLC button. Newcomers suggested by this theory such as Isaac and Geno would need to have stages. With only 103 stages they would seem unlikely but it really does seem we are getting 108. This leaves room for stages such as Venus Lighthouse, Alola, Forest Maze, and if we are to believe Vergeben possibly a Minecraft one. If we are to get these stages we would have one left, since this is the Ultimate Smash game I think we could possibly get a new Smash original stage to patch this out, maybe Clocktown but we already have Termina.

The most interesting piece of evidence for this theory is the 8/8 direct. At the end of both Simon and K Rool's trailers there is a shot of the sun and the moon. To many people this can be seen as a stretch, but is it really? It would be a stretch if these trailers did not take place in the same direct but, both of them ending with the sun and moon in the same direct seems weird to me. It isn't like the Smash team doesn't know what other trailers have either, so why put a shot of the sun and moon at the end of two trailers that are specifically shown in the same direct? It isn't too out of the realm of possibility for us to receive hints in trailers, considering the Pac-Man cloud theory revolving around Greninja's trailer. This could easily be the same case but much more planned out, it especially just seems strange to me that this seems to fit the most likely newcomers left as well. It seems too weird to be a coincidence to me.

Q: Does the SM&ST include echoes?
A: No, echoes are completely unrelated to this theory. For it to work the last unique newcomers must be Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno and Incineroar. More semi-clones such as Isabelle would be impossible if this theory were to turn out true, echoes however are completely unaffected by this theory as they would not tie into the theory directly. We can still get characters such as Ken, Ninten, Shadow, Medusa, Dixie etc and them not affect the theory. The only echo that would exactly tie into said theory is Felix, who would be an echo of Isaac.

Q: Can we really have 4 more unique characters with this amount of time left?
A: In my opinion yes, a reveal stream akin to Robin/Lucina isn't out of the realm of possibility. A dual reveal trailer for Skull Kid & Isaac could happen (Sun and Moon) as well. The last Smash direct, in my opinion is going to be long and big. This game is being hyped up to a very large degree and in said final direct we are expecting remaining assist trophies, spirits details and gameplay, and remaining stages. Who is to say they cannot fit 4 characters into the final direct (or we could deduct that number from reveal streams), especially going off the theory the trailers we're getting could just be cutscenes from Spirits.

Thank you for reading this theory, I am not the one to come up with it i'd like to clarify i've seen it thrown around before I just wanted to expand on it!
I love you.
jk, but i love what you did! Now i can keep praying for Isaac to get in....

We have to wait..

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this lines up with my prediction, at least that there will be 4 newcomers and that three of them will be Isaac, Geno and Skull Kid. Although I'm not certain on Incineroar, I know he's most likely based of Vergeben but it seems a weird one to put at the end. I'm also not crazy about another Pokemon rep just yet.

I'd rather see Felix as a semi clone of Isaac, since echos require the same skeletons and that doesn't fit canonically.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I feel that this theory would be much more fitting for Lyncaroc than Incineroar and that would be much more epic!

Top Bottom