• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Day 3 Start

Wiisp Wiisp has asked me to relay an inspirational message. It may have come out a little garbled, though.

I know your banana is practically dead at the banana, but banana is not lost. Believe in banana, and continue moving forward.
- Your Friendly Banana Wiisp​
BoomFrog has died! He was...

Welcome to Something Something Mafia!

You are a Town Friendly Neighbour.

Each Night, you may target another player. That player learns that you are town.

You win when all Mafia team members are eliminated.

Day 3 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, June 5th at 10:15 AM PST.

Xivii Xivii Trisscar Trisscar @Deadbananas @Spak @Malakandra Cuthalion Cuthalion Pythag Pythag fontisian fontisian LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI @BoomFrog Jackrito Jackrito Sabrar Sabrar bessie bessie

Last edited:

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
If there are no competing wagons today we should lynch between Handorin and fonti, the information gained from the end of D1 is lost otherwise.
i didnt like this post then.
I like it less now.
And on the chance that these were t/t leading trains what do you suggest?
Then look into who derailed the trains from Deadbananas and Trisscar onto them.
I'm guessing it's time to look into who "derailed" those trains?
I'll be awaiting you thoughts on the matter.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
... Ok I need to ask this seriously now.

Is it a common practice in forum mafia to "act like scum" as town. Is this actually something people condone and use on a regular basis, or was this particular case just odd.

Cause I translated what just happened as gamethrowing by the definition every other mafia game I've seen uses. And I'm seriously curious why it's not that here, if it isn't.

fontisian

Smash Champion

Is it a common practice in forum mafia to "act like scum" as town. Is this actually something people condone and use on a regular basis, or was this particular case just odd.

Cause I translated what just happened as gamethrowing by the definition every other mafia game I've seen uses. And I'm seriously curious why it's not that here, if it isn't.
Not where I play.

You can back off of Jack now, Xivii. He's vanilla.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman

Wasn't ZoneQ11 in the game you played on MC? He plays very anti-town and I even compared handorin to zone (to a small degree).
We're going to have to sort through that train here today.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
If he's town that cocidence is too large though. DB was heavily suspected true so Logic having nothing on him bothers me even more.

If Banana was an attempted vig shot it was a bad shot. Hador should always be the shot based off play style and was one of the tied lynchs. Now we are stuck with him.
Wtf does too large mean?
Coincidence is coincidence.
Anyway for town to win we were going to have to work together here.
Can I get you to work in a world where we are both town (if even for just a little while)?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Are you saying the person who shot bananas should come forward? I don't think that's a great idea to force.
How do you feel about it now on day 3?
Mechanics aren't my forte so inwould like others who are more inclined to give their take.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Vote Logic

I stand by what I said yester Logic is scum and so is Xivii . I don't think town Logic says Wisp was a nuisance, yesterday. Adding that to everything else he is never town here

Wisp tried his best yesterday to say otherwise is disrespectful when most of you sat on a hand lynch all day and wasted time.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Wtf does too large mean?
Coincidence is coincidence.
Anyway for town to win we were going to have to work together here.
Can I get you to work in a world where we are both town (if even for just a little while)?
Too large means chance of picking right person out of so many insane.

I don't work with scum sorry. This is not how you play town you have done nothing this game to find scum.

bessie

Smash Journeyman

I’m new to this forum. In my forum we had players that had scummy metas and were usually scum read, but I don't think I've seen anyone deliberately try to play as anti-town as this.

Cool I was feeling that way too.
Town core for me today logic/Fonti/jack/DB
Why DB? I don't see him as town core, and I still think he may be non-town.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that was a twist

I was also getting ready to vote Boom. I was really paranoid he was going to be scum.
I kinda blame Xivii for introducing that thought early on.

Jack what are your thoughts on Sab?

If Logic is scum, is it more likely he's trying to bus, or just get a case on a townie?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm guessing it's time to look into who "derailed" those trains?
I'll be awaiting you thoughts on the matter.
Laser moved to Z first, but it was Ran who really pushed it. Xivii pushed Handorin first, followed by BoomFrog.
However the information gained here is only relevant if the original wagons contained scum and I believe DB's claim.
So either Triss is scum in which case there is a decent chance to find a buddy in {Ran; Xivii} or they are town in which case the wagon movements won't tell us much.

Anyway, since fonti received another result it looks very much like scum don't have a way to block/redirect people so it should be safe to claim today in order to clear the setup.
I'm the Odd-Night Vig who took a shot at DB N1. I've already 'explained' in #1473 why I didn't shot Handorin. I shot DB as his wagon died not because people found him townie, but because of BoomFrog's mechanical reasoning which I still think is incorrect to use in a general form.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Well that was a twist

I was also getting ready to vote Boom. I was really paranoid he was going to be scum.
I kinda blame Xivii for introducing that thought early on.

Jack what are your thoughts on Sab?

If Logic is scum, is it more likely he's trying to bus, or just get a case on a townie?
I felt better on Sabrar but would not be shocked if scum. He really has not done a lot this game.

I think Logic would bus because clear to me he can't push anyone at all this game

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I think Logic would bus because clear to me he can't push anyone at all this game
Logic is anti bus and you know this.
Mafia will.mever kill you becaus they k ow you're on the wrong trail and won't leave the safety of your tunnel.

Also town logic certainly did call wiisp a nuisance hindsight on how the day went made me feel that way.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Too large means chance of picking right person out of so many insane.

I don't work with scum sorry. This is not how you play town you have done nothing this game to find scum.
Im not scum so you should be working with me.
Your meta read on me is breaking down you need to RE-evaluate amd look elsewhere.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Dead Roles:
3DS
- Imaginary friend
Boom - Friendly Neighbor
Laser - Vanilla
Handorin - Vanilla

Claims:
deadbananas
- Regretful Kill Driver (targeted 3DS)
Fonti - Neapolitan (checked boom and jack)
Sabrar - Odd Night Vig (Targeted DB)
Trisscar - Vanilla
Jack - Vanilla

Did I miss anything?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Mafia will.mever kill you becaus they k ow you're on the wrong trail and won't leave the safety of your tunnel.

Also town logic certainly did call wiisp a nuisance hindsight on how the day went made me feel that way.
Explain to me this last part. How did Wisp make the day go bad. He was one of the only ones who was doing stuff yesterday.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Im not scum so you should be working with me.
Your meta read on me is breaking down you need to RE-evaluate amd look elsewhere.
How is my meta read breaking Down. Also if you want to prove yourself as town do something to change my mind here. Just saying you are town is not enough.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You got a few what are your thoughts?

if Jack 'knows this' then what do you make of his claim that your play is not indicative or in line with Town!Logic?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Explain to me this last part. How did Wisp make the day go bad. He was one of the only ones who was doing stuff yesterday.
More interactions went through wisp than having them with each other.
He was a stump and essentially makes up about half the posts for the day.
His presence overtook the thread.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
if Jack 'knows this' then what do you make of his claim that your play is not indicative or in line with Town!Logic?
He's too focused on the wrong things to analyze me correctly here.
Idk...he is town I've had that feeling for a while said it D2. He's just wrong and him and I are going to need to get it together or town will continue to suffer.
If Xi was my partner I never vote them there D2 and I have a much better view of them in my read list than what 1 line?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
More interactions went through wisp than having them with each other.
He was a stump and essentially makes up about half the posts for the day.
His presence overtook the thread.
Him being here should not stop others from doing stuff. Saying this I just find disrespectful to his efforts if you are town I can't believe you think this. Does this mean you think he is bad in normal play also for this.

Most just wanted to do nothing and lynch hand which we now see was a waste of time and a lynch. So what would you perfer happened yesterday.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Idk...he is town I've had that feeling for a while said it D2. He's just wrong and him and I are going to need to get it together or town will continue to suffer.
If Xi was my partner I never vote them there D2 and I have a much better view of them in my read list than what 1 line?
You could vote them because Xivii was under no pressure and you can vote them to look busy. Even if I think you don't buss I would not define so weak pressure as a bus.

Your first read on them was one line.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Was wiisp also focused on the wrong things?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I doubt there were 5 mafia five we have a vig?
Anyone want to interject on that im all ears.
If there 5 we are basically in MYLO right now
D1 11-5
N1 11-5
D2 9-5
N2 8-5
D3 7-5
If there are 4 and a 3rd party who wins with mafia we are in a similar boat?
D1 11-4-1
N1 11-4-1
D2 9-4-1
N2 8-4-1
D3 7-4-1
Maybe we're just outside of MYLO?
If only 4 and no 3rd party we have 1 mislynch left
D1 12-4
N1 12-4
D2 10-4
N2 9-4
D3 8-4