• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Alright here's the reasoning for Triss banana.

Triss was putting himself way too out there to be scum. Him claiming vanilla townie is very risky, and he's an experienced player that my shadow has played in games with, which means that it's not like he's a noob like I was last game.
Where did Shadow play with Triss? My impression was that Triss had only played one other game of forum mafia but had experience in some other venues.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think between Handorin and Trisscar, I'd prefer Triss. I town read Hando. Triss was part of my Bottom Four, but he is the closest to it. I don't think Triss will help us resolve his slot further, he's not doing much to help beyond claiming. Hando still has that chance and I'd like to give him the space to prove us wrong.

Unvote; Vote: Trisscar

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog
What's your opinion of Sabrar this game?
I don't like how stubbornly he is sticking to the Ninja read. I think he should let it go because it's provable later and we can resolve it later, and because it's got no traction. However, don't like =/= scummy. He was pretty grumpy last game too. I'm still town leaning on him. He feels similar to last game in tone and I think the mechanics focused read is natural.

What do you think of Jackrito?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Unvote

Vote: Deadbananas
Speak of the devil...

Why Bananas?

I don't like how stubbornly he is sticking to the Ninja read. I think he should let it go because it's provable later and we can resolve it later, and because it's got no traction. However, don't like =/= scummy. He was pretty grumpy last game too. I'm still town leaning on him. He feels similar to last game in tone and I think the mechanics focused read is natural.
I find him very subdued this game. I don't remember the last time I ever had him at basically straight null this late into the game.

What do you think of Jackrito?
I don't really have a lot of strong feelings about him. He's an ambiguous player and I think it's likely his style would be similar in both Town and mafia games. My gut is that he's a bit more relaxed this game than the previous, and I think he would be more uncomfortable this game playing mafia after taking a tough loss last game. But it's a pretty weak read; he's still basically nullTown for me.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Just FYI I will probably not be around much between now and deadline. I'll try to check in when I can but I probably won't be able to post more than a vote.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Playing devil's advocate? I feel like giving someone a town read doesn't give them a free pass from speculation. I'd be more worried if they just locked you away as a Townie 100%; that'd make me think they were trying to just put something together for some sort of reads list rather than genuinely search for the truth.

What about a ran flip would make you relook Xivii? Pushing someone this hard knowing they're town would be (bar WIFOM).
I have seen scum do this because most people don't think scum do it. Mafia is not a straightforward game anything can happen and expecting things to go a certain way will end in a loss. Do I think that I change mind properly not, but I do it out of respect to Ran to a degree.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
if it is wisp (doubtful) I find that kinda uncharacteristic, granted I've only played one game with them and I think they filled a slot but IIRC they gave reasoning a lot.
As the person who has played with Wisp the most here, I doubt it is him because he should be busy with other things. Sounds like him though and taking stances I agree with and think he would also.

Wisp lately has not being giving reasoning espically on day one so this fits with his recent meta. Anyone who played Oasis would agree.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
That post by Z25 isn't right at all, people were doubting ran a lot D1 last game as well from what I recall.
That just seems suspicious as hell IMO.
Z25 is now on my four man scum list instead of Bessie.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

Triss was putting himself way too out there to be scum. Him claiming vanilla townie is very risky, and he's an experienced player that my shadow has played in games with, which means that it's not like he's a noob like I was last game.

Wait do you mean forum games because he only played one and was not great and a low poster.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Handorin Handorin What is your bottom four? Can you tell me your opinion of Xiivi, Sabrar, and Pythag?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
That post by Z25 isn't right at all, people were doubting ran a lot D1 last game as well from what I recall.
That just seems suspicious as hell IMO.
Z25 is now on my four man scum list instead of Bessie.
I don't think there were being scum read much at all ,unless you mean as a potential deep scum which is different since more paranoia of good play.

I could be wrong since was busy trying to pocket him all game but I never felt he was mislynchable

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
3DSNinja 3DSNinja It was mostly you and UP doubting Ran D1, everyone else was pretty sold on Ran being town including Z25 so that's how Z would remember it. I still disagree with Z's conclusion but the premise that Ran was town read in Oasis is true.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I was willing to give Z25 more time but not aganist a Z25 lynch. Since he is not giving off anywhere near the same vibe he did in Oasis and feels more like Token where he never impressed me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Still not seeing DB as town either though. I hate his readlist mainly because I feel he did it to get town read. Rather then his real thoughts.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still not seeing DB as town either though. I hate his readlist mainly because I feel he did it to get town read. Rather then his real thoughts.
Why? Is it just because he announced super early that he was going to have a reads list for us?

@Ran I'm typing answers to you questions

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I support a Z25 lynch. I am willing to move there. My main problem with him he is lacking conviction.

Unvote; Vote: Z25

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Why? Is it just because he announced super early that he was going to have a reads list for us?

@Ran I'm typing answers to you questions
I thought Ran asked him to do one first. If he said before that he was doing one it's a bit better, but still don't like it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought Ran asked him to do one first. If he said before that he was doing one it's a bit better, but still don't like it.
This is the first mention I can find of it, and I believe it's unprompted.

I don't think claiming VT is risky, I disagree with that take.

Pythag Pythag Where will you vote?
I'm on bananas right now, I think this quote might sway me off of it though :

It's not that scummy people were jumping on the wagon, I do mostly evaluate people individually D1. But just SO many people were very willing to immediatly jump on the DeadBanana's wagon, it felt very opportunistic. Basically exactly what you were saying.
This is a good point.

Pythag Pythag Also, what is your bottom four?
I'm not sure man. I've got towns and nulls. I see why Xivii did a 'lynch' and 'not lynch' list.

I think I'm virtually ok with any of the wagons being purported right now.

Hando>Z25>Triss?

Hando hasn't been adding much, save for fuel to the fire.
Z25 pinged me early, I can't even recall why at this point.
Triss I just didn't like the claim followed by the retroactive reasoning for 'catching' boom.

I think there's a specific post of Z's that's bothering me, so I'm going to reread and see if I can find it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I realize deadline will be in about 2 hours.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Handorin Handorin What is your bottom four? Can you tell me your opinion of Xiivi, Sabrar, and Pythag?
Bottom 4 are Bananas, Sabrar, Xiivi, and I'm not sure yet. I haven't been able to keep up the past few hours as I had a couple commitments, and hopefully I can get back to that before the day is over, but I'm not 100% free yet. I do think there's probably some interesting interactions between someone and those 3 though.

I think Sabrar is saving face and voting Bananas, throwing him under the bus.
I don't think Xiivi can reliably cast a vote that's not you without looking suspicious. Joining the bandwagon doesn't seem his jam, voting you probably won't go anywhere, so voting me is the easy way out since no one questions my scummy look.
Pythag hasn't done much to put him on my radar yet. As I type this out, I see he just made a reply saying I havent added much, but I can generally say the same about him.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This is Z's most townie post imo.
Well I’ll try to post some full thoughts on this exchange tomorrow but the one thing that sticks out here is Pythag.

He’s continued to build upon good posts before now and weighed both sides pretty easily rather then picking one. He stands out more which scum Pythag would not do just look at flavorless mafia.

He’s getting a full town read from me right now
LaserGuy LaserGuy ranmaru ranmaru Do you think scum Z25 would make this post?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think Sabrar is saving face and voting Bananas, throwing him under the bus.
I know Sabrar fairly well and this is for sure wrong. Sabrar wouldn't bus a teammate D1, especially with a "I'll tell you later" as the reason wince that diminishes any credit one gets from busing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Trisscar (5) - Malakandra, bessie, Banana, Spak, Boom
Deadbananas (5) - Handorin, Jackrito, Pythag, 3DSNinja, Sabrar
Z25 (2) - Ranmaru, LaserGuy
Handorin (2) - Z25, Xivii
BoomFrog (1) - Trisscar

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

I think of these, the Trisscar wagon looks the purest.

Vote: Triscarr

Top Bottom