• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
He just hasn't posted enough for me to get a solid read on him. If we give him more time, we will get a more definitive read.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Unless they are partners, scum!Triss would vote bananas there not someone who doesn't have a chance of being lynched. And there's something I realized about bananas to think he is town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The thing is I am trying to consolidate to scum today.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
So, Triss, back to the game. If you suspect someone might be powertown laying low then just don't talk about them. That's why I asked for just who you think is scummy. So you think I am the most likely to be scum?
I think you're either scum who saw a low hanging fruit, or you genuinely do not understand how your phrasing and tone affect your words. One is a play and the other could be construed as a insulting assessment of your social skill.So no, I am not going to decide which it is based purely off the first group of pages of this thread.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Logic said they have limited RL time for the game. Lack of content or time to participate shouldn't be held against them imo, it's a RL issue. Judge them by the content they did post, not by their absence.
He just hasn't posted enough for me to get a solid read on him. If we give him more time, we will get a more definitive read.
Ok, good points, both of them.
I'm hearing Ran say 'yeah but people have nulls, so mafia is either inactive or doing a good job.'

3DS why is bananas scummy

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yet y'all won't vote Z25 when he is in your bottom fours.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Weird reads and his justification is odd.

That's mostly it.

Also he didn't acknowelge my point about why I wasn't very present until I forced him too.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Actually would Z25 prefer to be voted out so this isn't another thing they need to pay attention to?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
..Eh, Ran does have a point, and I feel scum Z25 will be a lot more dangerouns then scum banana
Unvote banana
Vote z25

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yet y'all won't vote Z25 when he is in your bottom fours.
Cause Z just got some really bad news IRL, and we don't want to just vote him out.

It's like hearing your girlfriend got cancer and breaking up with her the next day

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Also he didn't acknowelge my point about why I wasn't very present until I forced him too.
By this you mean I hadn't seen it and when you clarified it was a reason after I asked you why you were scumreading me and you gave that and I asked you for where you said this and admitted I missed it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Deadbananas Deadbananas If I have the tally right, you're on the chopping block in 52 minutes. Have a role claim that would lead us to change our minds quickly?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is separate from the game. I'm sorry that is happening, but that doesn't mean we should allow pity to affect or influence our actions.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Ran IMO is one of the two worst lynches we can do today, the other one being Xivii. Both of them are valuable players that aren't a good idea to vote D1, especially since Ran is a very fire and ice player as town. Volatile. And I'm gettin that vibe here.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Unofficial vote count

Trisscar (4) - Malakandra, bessie, Banana, Spak
Deadbananas (4) - Handorin, Jackrito, Pythag, , Sabrar
Z25 (3) - Ranmaru, LaserGuy, 3DSNinja
Handorin (2) - Z25, Xivii
Bessie (1) - Trisscar

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think you're either scum who saw a low hanging fruit, or you genuinely do not understand how your phrasing and tone affect your words. One is a play and the other could be construed as a insulting assessment of your social skill.So no, I am not going to decide which it is based purely off the first group of pages of this thread.
Well fortunately there's more then these two options. I agree I was aggressive, but that is a tactic of this game. Putting people under pressure to see how they respond. It's easy to blend in when no one is focusing on you, but when under pressure the guilt of being caught causes most mafia to react differently then town would. As someone new I did see that you would be more susceptible to pressure, since people who know the tactic are more resistant to it. It was a way to make something interesting to discuss to get useful content started earlier in the Day phase, and in that respect I was successful.

However, you do bring up the interesting point that intentionally causing people stress just for a game is somewhat rude. I took it to be just an accepted part of the game that everyone knows they are signing up for, but I'm open to the idea that, that is not a positive way to play the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They lack conviction, and vigor compared to their town game. Less scum hunting than usual.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Do ran and Xivii have this sort of interaction often? Usually I'd say two people going after each other that hard its more likely a TvS situation but your guys reaction make it seem like a somewhat common occurrence.
We have been through this before.
Ran was positioning himself here and his other posts on this page (593 specifically) to back down. Why would he answer this way if he didn't believe we were TvT? Ran was trying to simulate his typical approach with me this game in order to be town read and seeing as it's failed he's had to keep on with it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak Spak Spak Have I played with you IRL before?
Nope, I just try my best not to make any assumptions lol.

Also, I must apologize for absence; my parents are throwing a surprise graduation party for me (for lack of an actual graduation ceremony), and I don't wanna seem ungrateful by checking my phone constantly lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(Also, apologies for excessive lol's; bad texting habit that crops up when I'm on mobile)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am aware we have fought a lot. So I answered his question. It doesn't imply I think its TvT. We have fought the same way when you are scum and I am town, Dr. Who Mafia.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Nope, I just try my best not to make any assumptions lol.

Also, I must apologize for absence; my parents are throwing a surprise graduation party for me (for lack of an actual graduation ceremony), and I don't wanna seem ungrateful by checking my phone constantly lol.
The most relevent thing you may have not seen is Trisscar has revealed that they claimed VT to try and seem like a powertown hiding as VT so they could draw the NK. That explains the lying followup explinations. (although imo doesn't explain the lack of scum hunting still) Does this change your vote? Deadbananas, z25 and Handorin are the other viable wagons.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Unofficial vote count

Trisscar (4) - Malakandra, bessie, Banana, Spak
Deadbananas (4) - Handorin, Jackrito, Pythag, , Sabrar
Z25 (3) - Ranmaru, LaserGuy, 3DSNinja
Handorin (3) - Z25, Xivii, BoomFrog
Bessie (1) - Trisscar

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Trisscar Trisscar They have support from other players making them a viable wagon. They have a better chance of flipping scum due to meta. Banana I am unsure about being scum and I liked their reads list.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
The most relevent thing you may have not seen is Trisscar has revealed that they claimed VT to try and seem like a powertown hiding as VT so they could draw the NK. That explains the lying followup explinations. (although imo doesn't explain the lack of scum hunting still) Does this change your vote? Deadbananas, z25 and Handorin are the other viable wagons.
bessie bessie Malakandra Malakandra Deadbananas Deadbananas This is relevent for you as well if you have time to check the thread.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I see it, but my next most likely candidate is Z and I don't want to vote him, I think he deserves some fun with a mafia game after what he's dealing with.

But I will

Unvote

While I look at other options. I will have a vote before deadline.

Top Bottom