• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Sumting Sumting Maifa

16 players

I have definitely shown this setup to another human being. Trust me! Why would I lie to you? (This is sarcasm. I have not shown this setup to another human being. This may change, but probably not for more than one human being.)

This is relatively low power.

#0: I am the host and I reserve the rights to change these rules.

I am the final arbiter of role interactions and game rule infringements. I will never lie or intentionally mislead you. If you have a problem with a ruling I make, please shelve it until after the game. To the best of my and my reviewers' knowledge, this is not a ******* game.
#1: Follow the spirit of these rules in addition to the letter.

These rules direct the actions of human beings and are enforced by human beings. I am lenient in many a case, as I know that human beings are fallible and that players often don't read the rules. That said, I do not like to have to warn the same player for the same rule multiple times.

If you try to cheat the game or the game rules in any manner, usually it will be discovered. As of the writing of this rule, I only have one offense for which I would blacklist a player. That offense is intentionally and knowingly cheating. If I catch you intentionally and knowingly cheating, not only will you be immediately modkilled, not only will I be extremely likely to not allow you in any games I run in the future, but I will be inclined to do everything in my power to ensure that you do not participate in any other games on this site or in any other community in which I play Mafia as a publicly-broadcasted cheater.

If you believe that you have found a mistake or loophole in these rules, please discuss it with me before posting.
#2: Have fun, be respectful towards the other people involved in the game and follow the normal forum rules. This is a game, which we're playing for fun. Expect a low tolerance for toxicity.

You are responsible for following all forum and subforum rules and guidelines. Forum-wide rules are available here. Mafia Game Rules are available here.

Mafia is a game, we’re here to have fun. Please be respectful of the other people involved in the game. Sometimes emotions run high and we get caught up in the moment. That is not an excuse for flaming or poor sportsmanship.

I won't be moderating profanity. That's on you.

While I don't care about cursing, I will report, replace, and/or modkill you for derogatory content, in particular, slurs, in relation to or targeted towards another user or person, at my own reasonable discretion.
#3: Keep the out-of-game separate from the in-game. This is a modkillable/reportable offense.

• DO NOT talk about this game outside of this thread and outside communication given to you in your role PM or approved by me. Please attempt to copy me in as appropriate on out-of-game messages sent to other players. It is a good idea to ask permission before discussing the game with anyone outside the game, because they can no longer replace into the game once any meaningful discussion takes place.
  • DO NOT directly quote or screenshot your role PM or any private communications when posting in the main game thread. This includes mason chats and scum chats. Pretending to break this rule is the same as actually breaking it. Putting words or phrases in quotation marks when discussing private communications in-thread is also a violation of this rule. Please paraphrase - if you are in doubt, ask me before posting!
  • DO NOT bring up rule-breaking in thread. If you feel that someone is breaking the rules, bring it up with myself and/or the game manager for the game directly. Accusing someone of rulebreaking in thread or in game-related communications that involve multiple people other than the host will be grounds for a modkill.
  • When posting in a mafia game, please do not use angleshooting or out-of-game knowledge, to the best of your ability. This means do not discuss the timing, reasons, or order of substitutions and modkills, do not discuss the timing or phrasing of role PMs, do not make alignment bets with out of game consequences, and do not use “trust tells” or similar. This list is not exhaustive. Providing direct proof (e.g. picture of yourself at an out-of-game activity, screenshot of out-of-game notes) of an out-of-game context in thread is another form of angleshooting.
#4: By confirming that you have received your Role PM, you also confirm that you have read it.

Not reading your Role PM is a form of cheating. I consider there to only be one warning for this, for life. If I know that a player knows that they must read their role PM but has chosen not to do so, this rule and related consequences will be enforced with great prejudice.
#5: DO NOT make more than a small edit to posts unless discussed with the mod. Even if it’s an accidental double post. In particular, DO NOT delete posts. This is a modkillable/reportable offense.

#6: No funny business. If you no longer wish to participate in a game for any reason, contact the host. DO NOT attempt to force the host to modkill you. DO NOT use invisible text, cryptography, tiny writing, hidden messages, trust tells, lynching for reasons outside of perceived alignment, or similar. DO NOT post after you are dead. DO NOT post if you are not a player. This is a modkillable/reportable offense.

#7: Post game-related content as required by the game-specific inactivity rules. LET'S MAKE THIS A REPLACEMENT-FREE GAME, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

If you have not maintained minimum posting requirements, you will be prodded. Failing to respond to the prod within 24 hours will lead to your replacement or modkill. Content is, of course, subjective, but “Posting to avoid prod,” “catching up,” or similar short not-really-game-related posts are obviously not content. If you need to be absent for an extended period of time please post “V/LA until [Date]” in bold on its own line in the thread or contact me directly so that I and the other players know when you’ll be back. You do not need to explain your reasons for being absent in thread. If you will be gone for more than a full round, you should consider requesting replacement.
#8: Do not spam the thread.

While I will not enforce a strict posting maximum, if I feel that you're posting too much in a row (more than five posts in a row is generally excessive), action may be taken ranging from a warning to eventual replacement/modkill. That said, I do not usually consider simple edits by way of double posting in this context, unless it is egregious.
#9: I make no promises about public answers to any question. If you have a question about your role or a rules interaction, please communicate with me privately. If you do choose to tag a host in the thread, that host may ignore you.

I will be particularly unlikely to answer questions posed to me in the game thread other than questions about vote counts or deadlines. If you raise a question in a private message that needs addressing to the entire game (regarding a special rule or similar), I will respond as I feel is appropriate.
#10: Once a lynch is reached, votes are considered locked in. Votes and unvotes made after that will not be counted. (This is known as the Twilight phase.)

#11: If deadline is reached and no player fulfills the requirements to be lynched, the day ends with no lynch.

#12: Make your votes clear to all people reading your posts. Please bold your vote and place it on a separate line. If your vote is not counted, please contact the host(s). You do not need to unvote. Unless instructed otherwise, please vote using the following format:

[b]Vote: Osieorb18[/b]

#13: Mafia team players may submit actions for other Mafia team players if the other Mafia team player has not submitted an action. However, if the other Mafia team player ever submits an action, their fellow Mafia team players cannot change what that Mafia team player submitted.

#14: DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD DURING THE NIGHT PHASE, UNLESS YOUR ROLE SAYS OTHERWISE.

#15: If there is no lynch for a Day, followed by no kill for a Night, followed by no lynch once more for a second Day, then at host discretion, a random town player may become the lynch for the second Day. This rule exists to prevent perpetual MyLO.

TL;DR: Be excellent to each other, don't be inactive, ask me questions in private when possible, don’t edit or delete posts, no funny business involving cryptography, etc. and... have fun, that’s the whole point.

Game-Specific Notes:
  • Each Mafia team members may submit the factional nightkill and exactly one action in the same Night.
  • The game will be majority elimination during the day and plurality elimination at the end of the day.
  • Elimination Deadlines will be 120 hours. There will then be a Twilight period of 0-12 hours. The Elimination Deadline applies whether or not any of the hosts are there to post the final votecount.
  • Action Submission Deadlines will be 24 hours. There will then be an Action Handling period of 24 hours. The Action Submission Deadline applies whether or not any of the hosts have confirmed your actions as locked. If all players who can submit an action or chat during the Night vote to end the Night early, the Night may end early.
  • Players are expected to post content (what constitutes content will be judged relatively leniently on a case-by-case basis) during the Day at least 5 times in the first 48 hours, at least 11 times in the first 96 hours, at least 2 times in the last 24 hours, and at least 14 times per Day phase. Essentially, you are expected to post at a rate of over 2 posts per 24 hours. If someone is very close to these numbers, I am more likely to keep a closer eye on them. If the Day phase is cut short by a Majority lynch, the numbers will be recalculated as applicable, but any numbers set here will be used as upper bounds. (e.g. 8 posts in the first 72 hours) Be active, please!
  • Mafia will have nightchat and daychat. Mafia are expected to follow the same activity rule of posting in their nightchat at a rate of over 2 posts per 24 hours during the Night phase as well.
  • You will have 1 free prod over the course of the game. If you are in the top 50% of posters when 50% of the starting players have been eliminated, you will gain another free prod. If all of your free prods have been used up, you will be replaced or modkilled at host discretion.
  • If you use up your free prods, the host will likely impose a stricter content requirement on you at host discretion. (Read: 3 posts per 24 hours. I don't want to do this, but I will if I must. Don't be inactive.)
  • This is not a ******* game.
  • Roles may exist which may present false information to other roles. These will never affect role reveals or the original role PM. Acceptable roles include but are not limited to variations on Millers, Godfathers, Framers, Tailors, Lawyers, Ninjas, and Strongmen.
  • Roles may exist which change a player's target. A player will always learn if their target has been changed, but will not learn of their new target's identity unless they learn information about their target.

My fate is in your hands? (/join, /in, etc.):
  1. Xivii
  2. Trisscar
  3. 3DSNinja - Town Imaginary Friend, Died N1.
  4. Deadbananas
  5. Spak
  6. Malakandra
  7. Ranmaru Cuthalion Toko Fukawa - Town Vanilla, Died N3.
  8. Pythag - Town 2-Shot Bulletproof, Lynched D3.
  9. Z25 fontisian
  10. Handorin - Town Vanilla, Lynched D2.
  11. LogicoftheVI - Town Vanilla, Died N3.
  12. BoomFrog - Town Friendly Neighbour, Died N2.
  13. Jackrito
  14. Sabrar
  15. Bessie
  16. LaserGuy - Town Vanilla, Died N1.

Maybe after I love you further (/replace, /sub, etc.):
  1. fonti
  2. Pokechu
  3. aa-dono

I don't get the joke? (/spectate, /spec, etc.):
  1. UtopianPoyzin

Waypoints:

Day 1 Start | VC 1.1 | VC 1.2 | VC 1.3 | VC 1.4 | VC 1.5 | VC 1.6 | VC 1.7 | VC 1.8 | Final Day 1 VC | Night 1 Start
Day 2 Start | VC 2.1 | VC 2.2 | VC 2.3 | VC 2.4 | Final Day 2 VC | Night 2 Start
Day 3 Start | VC 3.1 | VC 3.2 | VC 3.3 | Final Day 3 VC | Night 3 Start
Day 4 Start | Final Day 4 VC | Game Over
Post-Game Thoughts and Spoilers

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
So far, 15 players have confirmed their Role PMs. Waiting on 1 other player. May start a little bit early, depending on timing.

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Day 1 Start

You're naming a mafia game after an in-joke from high school? Aren't you worried that nobody will understand the point?

- Nah, the joke is silly enough on its own merits that people will probably enjoy the flavour of the game.

Does this game actually have flavour? The joke is literally just a 3 word filename.

- Uhhh.... Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
The one remaining player (you know who you are) must confirm their role in their role PM before posting in the thread.

Spak is hard V/LA Sunday through Monday and soft V/LA Tuesday through Thursday. He will be expected to make at least 7 posts in total this Day phase, including at least 3 posts by 5 PM PST on Thursday, and at least 3 posts by the end of the Day phase.

Xivii Xivii Trisscar Trisscar 3DSNinja 3DSNinja Deadbananas Deadbananas Spak Spak Malakandra Malakandra ranmaru ranmaru Pythag Pythag Z25 Z25 Handorin Handorin LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI BoomFrog BoomFrog Jackrito Jackrito Sabrar Sabrar bessie bessie LaserGuy LaserGuy

Day 1 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, May 22nd, at 5 PM PST. Twilight will last somewhere between 0 and 12 hours.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote Xivii

I don't know if I could handle him giving us the fake outs again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vote: Logic because that’s logical
:p

I’m Just checked numbers in a generator but wanted to make a pun out of the random result.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway:

Trisscar Trisscar Deadbananas Deadbananas andra I haven’t played with you before so hello.

But what’s your mafia experience like? Are you veterans? And how do you feel about the size of the game?

Also Spak Spak I’ve seen you around the boards before but this is also my first time playing with you, so the same questions above are what I want to ask you.

lastly 3DSNinja 3DSNinja how do you feel about the game after the last one?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
You not doing the emotes this game?
No, people just saw me do it so it kind of loses the effectiveness. People are more likely to just find it annoying.

Anyway:

Trisscar Trisscar Deadbananas Deadbananas andra I haven’t played with you before so hello.

But what’s your mafia experience like? Are you veterans? And how do you feel about the size of the game?

Also Spak Spak I’ve seen you around the boards before but this is also my first time playing with you, so the same questions above are what I want to ask you.

There were a bunch of new people in Oasis. Why did you feel it was important to ask these sort of questions this game but not last?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Reminder to players that votes which are not very visible are less likely to be seen.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Howdy Z25, I have never played a forum mafia game before, but have played a lot of games of this sort over voice or in person before.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Through Osie kinda, Im friends with Bananas through a different online game, I told him I was bored and he invited me to join him in this game to help fill up space.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I do not know Trisscar, maybe bananas does idk. In a game of about 16, from what I know playing other games I'd guess 4 or 5, unless Forum mafia is a lot more biased one way than normal.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Howdy Z25, I have never played a forum mafia game before, but have played a lot of games of this sort over voice or in person before.
so...IRL mafia, but over skype? I legit have never played it that way. Or was it more diplomacy games, not specifically mafia?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Z and Mala why no RVS vote?

Also Pythag Pythag how many scum do you think there are?
my general rule of thumb irl is 1 mafia for every 3 players, 16 players, I'm looking at 5 'mafia' roles.

Now, that could be 3 maifa and 2 third party roles, but that's how I would setup my IRL games. (I think it's been a while since I've played anything but The Resistance IRL)

Malakandra

Smash Lord
IRL mafia in person, other games like blood on the clock tower, secret hitler, other diplomacy games over different platforms like tabletop simulator.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, people just saw me do it so it kind of loses the effectiveness. People are more likely to just find it annoying.

There were a bunch of new people in Oasis. Why did you feel it was important to ask these sort of questions this game but not last?
I had played with everyone in Oasis before outside of you, boom, and 3ds.

I was in the neighborhood with two of you so I got to understand your slots better that way. Boom I also had similar interactions With in that game as well.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 1.1

Even the person in the game who knew me in high school was not in on this particular joke.
Ranmaru (1) - LaserGuy
Trisscar (1) - Jackrito
Xivii (1) - Pythag
Logic (1) - Z25

Not voting: 3DSNinja, Bessie, BoomFrog, Deadbananas, Handorin, LogicoftheVI, Malakandra, Ranmaru, Sabrar, Spak, Trisscar, Xivii

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch by majority.

Day 1 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, May 22nd, at 5 PM PST.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
my general rule of thumb irl is 1 mafia for every 3 players, 16 players, I'm looking at 5 'mafia' roles.

Now, that could be 3 maifa and 2 third party roles, but that's how I would setup my IRL games. (I think it's been a while since I've played anything but The Resistance IRL)
5 mafia roles you do things pretty crazy over here. I would say 4 at most 3 scum and 1 3rd party. Or 4 scum depending on power roles and what not.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I had played with everyone in Oasis before outside of you, boom, and 3ds.

I was in the neighborhood with two of you so I got to understand your slots better that way. Boom I also had similar interactions With in that game as well.
What even happened in that neighbourhood last game you all barely mentioned it and Lasor barely talked to me about it in scum chat.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What even happened in that neighbourhood last game you all barely mentioned it and Lasor barely talked to me about it in scum chat.
Nothing too much past day one. We didn’t really post there outside of the first few introductions to each other. I was a bit paranoid at the idea of scum in the neighborhood so I didn’t say much. And when I did it was when I thought Ran may have been scum and suggested it to Laser. But after that no posts were made

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Nothing too much past day one. We didn’t really post there outside of the first few introductions to each other. I was a bit paranoid at the idea of scum in the neighborhood so I didn’t say much. And when I did it was when I thought Ran may have been scum and suggested it to Laser. But after that no posts were made
That explains why no one talked about it and Laser did tell me about the Ran thing.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Anyway:

I've played a bit, I think this is my 5th game. Game size is what I'm used to from my other games.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Hiya dead, how many scum would you wager there are? The last game you played had Osie leading it right?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Kinda yah, they were consulting with the other hosts since they were new to it. I'd say probably 4.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hi LaserGuy, did you miss me?

Hi BoomFrog! Did you miss me?? :love:

Hi Sabrar. You missed me. :p

vote Xivii

I don't know if I could handle him giving us the fake outs again
Why not? His gambit caught scum.
(I assume this refers to Sorcerer’s 11 which I did not play but I read some of it.)

Setup, if this were my former site, I would guess 3 mafia and one or two independents (we had indies in a lot of our games). However, this isn’t my former site so I’m still thinking about it.

I don't do RVS.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm wagering four scum, and I don't really have any votes so far
Laser is acting far more normal then last game, and I feel that's more townie.
Boom... I dunno man.
Sabrar I feel is probably town, but I could be wrong.

I'm unsure of everythin at this point, gimme more time and I can bring up some reads.
Also, UP is scum.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm wagering four scum, and I don't really have any votes so far
Laser is acting far more normal then last game, and I feel that's more townie.
Boom... I dunno man.
Sabrar I feel is probably town, but I could be wrong.

I'm unsure of everythin at this point, gimme more time and I can bring up some reads.
Also, UP is scum.
I assume this is a joke lol.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Vote: Pythag

Only one of like, 2 people here old enough to know that I'm always scum, but has not accused me yet, therefore trying not to draw attention to himself. Therefore scum.

Pack it up, gang.

Top Bottom