• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Protective role, mafia knows to kill me before Font unless they have a strongman
Most other roles: mafia kills Font first.

The gains between those scenarios is huge, I'll take the 50% chance mafia make the wrong call.
This is such an annoying stance to take for many reasons.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
dead bananas has the benefit of a claim I dont think he made up
but he probably doesn't self-evaluate given his play style, and him being "vanillalized" now
which sucks

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what you mean by where am I in the game, sorry.
Like, when you think about the game, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Who are you focused on? What game thing pops into your head when you're doing non-game stuff?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
yeah doing a iso of Pythag did not help my view on them as much as I wanted it to. something just feels off but not sure why. He just seems really confused gamestate wise and getting a lot wrong. I sort of think that is more town like since scum are more careful, but not sure how comfortable he is as scum. Thinking that Fonti was ran's sub and Z25 died for example is a weird take to have if scum who would be focused on gamestate. It is fakeable but a weird thing to fake.

Actually a lot of his posts feel a bit forced maybe they is a air of panic compared to Oasis where he was more calm from memory.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
ah, when I come in I look over all the posts Im missing, the first thing that usually comes to my mind is why did Laser die, and where are the scum hiding if one isn't Handorin. I've been trying to focus on Cuth but he hasn't talked much and neither have most of my reads recently, so I guess right now you and Boom are a main focus, and Wiisp since his time on the thread needs to count. Outside of the game I don't think about it that much since I've been reading a book a lot and that takes up focus, but most of my idle thoughts like in the shower have been over why Laser guy died and of course over possible scum theories.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
dead bananas has the benefit of a claim I dont think he made up
but he probably doesn't self-evaluate given his play style, and him being "vanillalized" now
which sucks
Is it not possible for that role to be scum though?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I don't agree with this, what makes you think a newbie can't play a fantastic game? In the game I’m thinking of, mafia lost but they did very well (game went to a 3-way gunfight), and everyone congratulated them. Don’t underestimate newbie player that has not yet “learned” to play the “right” way.
All of the this though.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
ah, when I come in I look over all the posts Im missing, the first thing that usually comes to my mind is why did Laser die, and where are the scum hiding if one isn't Handorin. I've been trying to focus on Cuth but he hasn't talked much and neither have most of my reads recently, so I guess right now you and Boom are a main focus, and Wiisp since his time on the thread needs to count. Outside of the game I don't think about it that much since I've been reading a book a lot and that takes up focus, but most of my idle thoughts like in the shower have been over why Laser guy died and of course over possible scum theories.
If you are town you are really overthinking why Laser died. Scum just do kills that they think are best or at random. They is no real rhythm or reason at times. My best guess would be is he was most town read this game and was not likely going to be a mislynch after most of us just saw him play scum.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Is it not possible for that role to be scum though?
if you look at via his full claim being exactly what he said? No
I mean I dont think so?

if he is just a mafia!vig then sure, but it was a waste of a shot, unless its purpose was to make him look good
I guess there are worlds where he is a 3p? maybe an SK?

we also have to remember, someone shot him apparently

Sure, I choose someone each night. If they get targeted by a move that would kill them I die instead. If I get targeted by a move that would kill me, they die instead and I get vanillaized.
its definitely something I could see Osie making up

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I mean its possible sure, but i don't think a scum would want to use an ability that could have them die if some random person was shot that much.
When you control the half the kills assuming we have a vig it is a decent chance. Think about it from my point of view someone who can get someone else killed is more likely scum based because it can save you. You were more likely to get shot then ninja so was safer for you in the world you are scum.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
If you are town you are really overthinking why Laser died. Scum just do kills that they think are best or at random. They is no real rhythm or reason at times. My best guess would be is he was most town read this game and was not likely going to be a mislynch after most of us just saw him play scum.
Games where I've been scum, we've chosen our targets pretty methodically, usually with reasons to avoid getting certain thoughts out. Maybe its different here, but its the most solid info I can think of to start building a case that not a lot of other people are looking at it seems.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
if you look at via his full claim being exactly what he said? No
I mean I dont think so?

if he is just a mafia!vig then sure, but it was a waste of a shot, unless its purpose was to make him look good
I guess there are worlds where he is a 3p? maybe an SK?

we also have to remember, someone shot him apparently

its definitely something I could see Osie making up

I'm not doubting it is real since I'm sure Osie would use it, but I think it has decent scum potential like a redirector to a lesser degree. I'm not lynching him today anyway, but claims like these bother me a lot.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
On page 45.
I wont be joining the boom train.
I like his replies to the pressure you guys are putting on him here.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
When you control the half the kills assuming we have a vig it is a decent chance. Think about it from my point of view someone who can get someone else killed is more likely scum based because it can save you. You were more likely to get shot then ninja so was safer for you in the world you are scum.
I guess so, Im just not used to scum abilities that put the scum at risk, but the games like this I've played as scum have been higher power, and I haven't played any as town before, and I have the bias of knowing Im town to so thats probably messing with my reasoning.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Disagree, most places I see maf plays they're constantly trying to find the best way to keep confusion going and kill off mostly or fully confirmed roles, which Laser was not. Dead was also a massively bad choice to kill off from the maf point of view because Dead was already in the susp category for most people.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
May I suggest applying the KISS principle and starting over Wiisp? Just posting whatever your most certain info is and working from there.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
But Xivii did eventually play Wiisp's game. Trisscar did not. Why was it odd for Xivii and not for Trisscar?
Triss also did, Kinda. But from a judge of player I expect more from Xivii than I do Triss. Triss has been generally, just doing her own thing, while Xivii seemed more the type to do it so his reluctance was more awkward to me. Maybe I'm judging them wrong, they are both low down in town for a reason.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
vote : Xivii

Ok he has done nothing this game apart from the Ran tunnel, he is also spending so much time focusing on things that don't matter and don't help us catch scum. All I'm seeing in my reread is commentary mode with no stances. Apart from a couple of posts from today which are ok.
Focusing on the bolded. How can you be sure what matters or doesn't matter, or what may help us catch scum in a later day? If someone posts something, it's there, and they can't contradict it later. A question and reply may seem irrelevant now, but could be much more interesting in late game.

Also I think most of us were under the impression that plurality settles tied votes with who received the most first. I've never seen tied votes resulting in a no lynch with plurality.
I think this was the most common way on xkcd, tied votes result in no lynch. And “tied votes” was usually explicitly covered in the rules.

Bessie just gets angry whenever you FoS them
I get irritated when I get FoS'd for what I think not a good reason. Or even see someone else get FoS'd for what I don't think is a good reason, like when I see people just adding up the number of posts a player makes, and making a judgment call on that number alone. Like this:
He's posted 52 times. That's like 3% of the total thread, and maybe half of those (being generous) are relevt information. What kind of a paper trail do you get from Handorin?
Wrong reason in itself for Spak to suspect Handorin, as is calculating Handorin's contribution by number of posts.

Does Xivii have the meta experience with Boomfrog to back his level of certainty there? Like, are they good friends who usually read each other well? Anyone except Boom and Xivii can answer this.
They are both hard to read. But I think Xivii has a better grasp on BoomFrog’s meta than most. I don't have any games to link...:crying:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
so this is irrelevant to this game but
CHAMPS GAME 6 TOWN SWEEP, WE THE GOATS

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
it kills people, or himself
so yes
But it's not an extra kill. DB couldn't cause a third person to die in one night. So not a kill power in the ways that I think are relevant. Anyway, DB's power makes more sense if there's at least two true kills flying around.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Where’s your read list? Or your Woof-Grr?
I've made my reads known throughout the thread. I'll probably consolidate things into a reads list tomorrow. But that's not the point. The point is since you don't have the RL schedule to interact real time with most issues, the next best thing would be a reads list.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag
why did you laugh at my reaction to Jackrito
do you know something I dont?
I don't have any extra information.
It was just the way you worded it was like : "I'm more confident than the last time that I was confident and wrong!", and that was funny to me. I think Spak and Triss agreed, or at least saw it that way too.

I'm kind of souring on Deadbananas Deadbananas . Could you talk about where you are in the game?
I really don't see DB being scum at this point.

yeah doing a iso of Pythag did not help my view on them as much as I wanted it to. something just feels off but not sure why. He just seems really confused gamestate wise and getting a lot wrong. I sort of think that is more town like since scum are more careful, but not sure how comfortable he is as scum. Thinking that Fonti was ran's sub and Z25 died for example is a weird take to have if scum who would be focused on gamestate. It is fakeable but a weird thing to fake.

Actually a lot of his posts feel a bit forced maybe they is a air of panic compared to Oasis where he was more calm from memory.

I won't lie, I've been pretty confused this whole game. I don't like to blame IRL johns, but those combined with two players swapping out and a chaotic EoD that still didn't make sense to me yet it's verboten to talk about made it hard for me to sift through. I'm an external processor, so things don't always fall into place the way they should.

And Oasis had less people and I only lived D1.

dead is definitely lying
if someone else doesn't claim to have KP
I think Jack mentioned this, but the fact that we currently don't have someone champing at the bit to get DB lynched makes me think that the other killer isn't town aligned, (is vig town aligned or TP?) so I don't know if that logic holds.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I don't have any extra information.
It was just the way you worded it was like : "I'm more confident than the last time that I was confident and wrong!", and that was funny to me. I think Spak and Triss agreed, or at least saw it that way too.
Yup, half of spoken comedic success is timing and wordplay. Wiisp managed to hit both apparently by complete accident. XD

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
I read all the words, screw having a sleep schedule. Again, apologies for not actually playing the game up until this point-- it won't be a repeat performance.

Fonti is always a villager here. I don't think I have to go into a lot of detail, but Z25 was extremely villagery and the claim is good and fine.

Triss is also ~always a villager, I think people trying to push her for having less interaction-type content vs theoretical talk are super shady and very much barking up the wrong tree, there were loads of moments where I just don't think she does things that way as a villager.

Logic had a really good opening, and since has had a very consistent perspective in a way that would be hard to replicate if he was a wolf with teammates. Exception: could be a wolf in very specific worlds, I think particularly with Boom.

xiv has consistently had reads I completely disagreed with (that said, so did Ranmaru), but I don't think he handles my slot that way as a wolf interacting with a villager of the style of Ran, and he's had several other quite villagery moments.

Malakandra is... pushy in a way that I like (in terms of his alignment), with a certain poise and confidence that's >rand v from him, but I'm not as firm there.

I'm not at Boomfrog being a wolf-- he's been very good tonally, and sounded nice, but I've been pretty cautious there-- I thought his reaction to the claim was really good, and I'm very much not down to lynch him today mechanically, even before bringing in other parts of the read.

I thought Pythag was a flipped villager for about a third of my reread, which probably influenced my view of him, but in general he's been pretty even and normal. Could be w.

The way Bessie was complaining about being read for low postcount despite non-low content was mildly villagery, especially since I think there hasn't actually been that much content and in general it just seems like something she'd be less likely to say as a wolf.

Spak's reads are genuinely distressing to me, and I want to read him wolf off of that, it's hard to dissociate "disliking every single read he states" from "thinking he's a wolf" and I'm not entirely resolved there; I did think the way he pops into thread and is all "okay guys I'm here" is somewhat villagery, as if you're a villager posting in thread is very starkly different from not posting in a way it isn't as a wolf, even if you don't talk in the wolfchat in the interim.

Banana has been decidedly meh, but the claim is alright and I think he got pushed way too hard early on by a lot of people I don't really trust.

My only impression of Sabrar was him voting 3DS because the claim seemed improbable, which is just weird.

Similarly, Hando hasn't done that much of note-- I thought the way he addressed pressure today was okay, though.

Jack has been wolfy all game-- one note is that he probably isn't teamed with spak. All of his pushes have been pretty weaksauce, and things like his early push of Triss, saying things like "early gut read that logic is v and gonna tunnel on me lol" (not the exact quote but how I noted it down), throwing shade like a champ, and early sheeping on bananas all make me uncomfortable.

Vote: Jackrito

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
Category 1:
Xivii - villager
Trisscar - villager
LogicoftheVI - villager
Deadbananas - villager
Spak - villager

Category 2:
malakandra - villager
Cuthalion - villager
Pythag - wolf?
Fonti - villager
Handorin - wolf?

Category 3:
BoomFrog - villager
Jackrito - wolf
Sabrar - wolf?
Bessie - villager

Wiisp Wiisp

side note i'm slowly coming around on boom w maybe ask me again later

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Lol somehow knew the inactive was going to end up on me. Guess I'm just popular this game. Nice readlist though with me as a solo scum juggernaut with a couple of weak maybes. None of those maybes based off what was said makes them scum imo but can't have everone as town I guess.

Not sure if that makes them scum but that readlist is terrible and just seems to have a agenda on me.

Top Bottom