• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is my perspective:

Trisscar (1) - Spak
Deadbananas (1) - Sabrar
Handorin
(6) - Z25, Xivii, Pythag, Jackrito, Bessie, BoomFrog
Z25
(6) - LaserGuy, Ranmaru, 3DSNinja, Malakandra, Deadbananas, Handorin
Bessie (1) - Trisscar

Not Voting: Logic

Note: Jacks, Bessies, and Booms switch to Hando was at the last minute.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also I think most of us were under the impression that plurality settles tied votes with who received the most first. I've never seen tied votes resulting in a no lynch with plurality.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'll take the "we can make our own judgement, so claim" call
I don't care about your numbers

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Also I think most of us were under the impression that plurality settles tied votes with who received the most first. I've never seen tied votes resulting in a no lynch with plurality.
I expected ties to equal no lynch, but things were flying way too fast. I seriously considered voting Z25 just to make sure there wasn't a tie.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
personally that's how it should be, the latter, rather than the first
or at least randomized

the first tends to town for using their votes
and its how I lost one of my town games way back when

Wiisp

Smash Lord
honestly lmao
I starting to agree with Sabrar's "solving fonti/hand, if we don't find a better lynch"
more so with ending today on Hand, and never Fonti though

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii I think you should assume town sabrar for now. I'm thinking Malakandra or Jackrito as the one you are missing, or both if Hando is town.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I want to make a team with Jack/Pythag and two others
doubtful its exactly Boom/Jack/Pythag due to how the wagon setup, unless Z25 is the other wolf, which makes literally no sense
its hard to say a lot, since i dont think anyone had any clue what was happening, but a majority of mafia being on wolf!hand is doubtful, maybe 1
but I dont see how that works, since I dont think anyone on Z25 is a wolf, which contradicts with hand being a wolf, unless all the wolves didnt give a ****, which also contradicts my town leans outside of the train

so wtf is happening here
where am I wrong?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm not going to answer the question. I think saying more is a bad move. Your info is out there. If I'm still alive D4 town can easily lynch me then. Lynching a claimed PR on just that D2 is a bad move. If you scum read me for other reasons then that's a different story.
Ok.

Vote Handorin

I can check Triss. Or, someone else can claim vt and I'll check them. Force Boom's claim tomorrow if I die.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Spak/Bessie
they are the difficult ones to read

Bessie just gets angry whenever you FoS them
Spak isn't wolfie, but hasn't done anything townie imo

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I think a key to solving this is figuring out why Laser guy, but for the life of me I can't see it.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Deadbananas Deadbananas
meh
vote Hand

BoomFrog BoomFrog
if Fonti dies tonight, you claim tomorrow

checking Triss gives us a guaranteed town, that is forced to be evaluated via the night KP, if they are town
so great

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Hand will continue to be a problem
and Fonti living tonight to show us her check is just too big of an "if"
and I need his flip to understand what happened

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Didn't like his early posts, also thought his aggressiveness was more likely to be vt if he was town. I was only able to read a bit of eod and a bit at the beginning of the game before I had to choose.
reasoning checks out

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Im down with Hand, though, since you won't be here after flip can you tell me what's your thoughts on scum hand flip vs a town hand flip?

Unvote

Vote Handorin

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ranmaru could have been the scum voting Z. My impression was that he was a major part of the push on my slot, right? Could be other mafia didn't want to get on their if he was leading it.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Also anyone who casts the Hammer vote on Handorin to end the day early is bad since that gets rid of Wiisp early.

Looking over Laserguy he even said himself his only solid scum lean was Z, with him being firmly town Triss, giving Triss noob town label.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii I think you should assume town sabrar for now. I'm thinking Malakandra or Jackrito as the one you are missing, or both if Hando is town.
Mala is definitely a possibility. I'm not sure how consistent Jack's meta is, but in Oasis he was very on the sideline and played follow the leader, sheeping Ran wherever he went. I feel like scum!Jack doesn't push Logic the way he has today while the IC was arguing against it. Unless Logic is also scum.
Spak/Bessie
they are the difficult ones to read

Bessie just gets angry whenever you FoS them
Spak isn't wolfie, but hasn't done anything townie imo
What do you think of the point I made on Spak?

fontisian

Smash Champion

I didn't know the votes were plurality, not maj. Yeah, then I agree with Wiisp, scum!Hando wouldn't have a bunch of scum voting for him.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if Hand is town
I think its like Jack/Pythag/X/X
I still gotta put in the work for that honestly

if hand is a wolf, it probably depends on who was around
because I dont think there are any other wolves on Z25, and if a wolf is still on Hand, they were bussing/not around near EoD
which means most of the wolves are probably off wagon

1 on Z25 would be Hand
0-1 on Hand
1-2 on dead wagons or not voting

fontisian

Smash Champion
Does Xivii have the meta experience with Boomfrog to back his level of certainty there? Like, are they good friends who usually read each other well? Anyone except Boom and Xivii can answer this.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
scum!Jack has literally no need to push his partner here, unless its exactly Hand
he is not pushing Logic because he will literally just say, "I dont have enough info"
or give a better wagon

scum!Jack will almost never buss unless his partner his literally obvious or dead weight

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I want to make a team with Jack/Pythag and two others
doubtful its exactly Boom/Jack/Pythag due to how the wagon setup, unless Z25 is the other wolf, which makes literally no sense
its hard to say a lot, since i dont think anyone had any clue what was happening, but a majority of mafia being on wolf!hand is doubtful, maybe 1
but I dont see how that works, since I dont think anyone on Z25 is a wolf, which contradicts with hand being a wolf, unless all the wolves didnt give a ****, which also contradicts my town leans outside of the train

so wtf is happening here
where am I wrong?
You keep bringing this up so going to bite why do you feel I have to be on a team with Pythag.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
scum!Jack has literally no need to push his partner here, unless its exactly Hand
he is not pushing Logic because he will literally just say, "I dont have enough info"
or give a better wagon

scum!Jack will almost never buss unless his partner unless they are literally obvious or dead weight
EDWOP

Jackrito

Smash Ace
or give a better wagon

scum!Jack will almost never buss unless his partner his literally obvious or dead weight
Yet I always end up bussing funny how that happens.

fontisian

Smash Champion
or give a better wagon

Something I've done as scum when one partner was the clear lynch of the Day was push another partner, because I knew they wouldn't get lynched and it would look good later. Would scum!Jack not do that?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Something I've done as scum when one partner was the clear lynch of the Day was push another partner, because I knew they wouldn't get lynched and it would look good later. Would scum!Jack not do that?
in terms of Hand, maybe?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I've heard of mods rerolling if the teams are super stacked. Guess you're right that it's not something I should make assumptions about, though.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen, even in a newbie-friendly game where the newbies were the scum team. We would have considered it a ******* game on xkcd if you have to game the mod, and expected it to be advertised as such.

Also, I always just assumed mods rerolled off of an awful team separation. It's no fun if town just immediately wins off of a bunch of noob scum crumbling under pressure/contradiction and not having a late game strategy. It might just be that my time in DGames runs together, but I can't recall a game where the town has so significantly outclassed the mafia in experience alone (something that could've been foreseen before the whole thing started) that it's been a landslide. That just seems like it'd be a non-challenge for town and unfun for both sides.
I don't agree with this, what makes you think a newbie can't play a fantastic game? In the game I’m thinking of, mafia lost but they did very well (game went to a 3-way gunfight), and everyone congratulated them. Don’t underestimate newbie player that has not yet “learned” to play the “right” way.

the point of the game is get everyone to give thoughts in a simple way, thats easy for them to approach
the no null forces people to place people on a wim, and can also force mafia into a bubble
Ok we were thinking along the same lines.

bessie bessie Quantity of content is by feel, but if I had to quantify it, it would be something like number of interesting interactions/opinions of other players. With a multiplier bonus for variety of players. Maybe it would help me if you could give a full read list. I know that's a big ask, truncated unprocessed thoughts would be a good start (rather then thoroughly processed thoughts on fewer players).
Where’s your read list? Or your Woof-Grr?

I did at the time, but that was years ago and I don't recall the result (and can't check). Don't even remember what my own alignment was tbh lol.
You were town jailer, lynched D2.

Trisscar- I've pushed this slot enough, and while the defence wasn't solid, I think their explanation towards EoD yesterday was valid.
Xivii- This slot hasn't done much to impress me, and I feel their reluctance to fill out Wiisp's game thing is odd.
But Xivii did eventually play Wiisp's game. Trisscar did not. Why was it odd for Xivii and not for Trisscar?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
in terms of Hand, maybe?
I actually was aganist the Hand lynch at the time, I only voted because wanted to avoid a tie and really did not want a Z25 lynch with the situation. My preferred choice was DB but Boom killed any chance of that.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Still worried my easy pass on Triss is going to bite me in the arse this game, since nothing they do is really townie.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito
lmao, I dont actually wanna talk about it
I want to reread first
Talk to me about Pythag by themself then I asked you yesterday and you never answered. You may scum read me more for this but don't care. I'm really not sure on them, I'm only not pushing them because others are worse.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
hmm let me take a shower and I'll see
I might end up talking myself out of it, who knows

Top Bottom