• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summoning the Nine-Tailed Fox - Ahri Support Thread

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We likely wouldnt have the worlds songs such as kda and true damage, more likely the score would consist of champ select music at best and champ themes. These two songs would bang
Worlds 2020 | Champ Select | Swaggin' Drama | Extended Version - YouTube
Kled, the Cantankerous Cavalier | Login Screen - League of Legends - YouTube
They could use the instrumentals for the Worlds songs? Maybe even the other KDA and Seraphine song instrumentals too

if Hiroyuki Sawano’s Light and Shadow makes it in though I think they’ll use both vocal and instrumental

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
They could use the instrumentals for the Worlds songs? Maybe even the other KDA and Seraphine song instrumentals too

if Hiroyuki Sawano’s Light and Shadow makes it in though I think they’ll use both vocal and instrumental
Dunno, I remember seeing an instrumental version of Light and Shadow somewhere.

It's tricky how these would work. Admittedly, I know jack about music rights, so this is just me spitballing. Don't take my word for it.

If the songs were basically made for League, it's possible they're Riot-owned. So all they'd have to do is use intrumental versions and bam. From what I understand, they don't seem to be split in terms of permissions (like FF and DQ are), so hypothetically, they could go with these, mostly because the groups that contribute to K/DA and True Damage are actual musicians that work outside of the VG industry. It would probably be less of a headache on all sides.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We likely wouldnt have the worlds songs such as kda and true damage, more likely the score would consist of champ select music at best and champ themes. These two songs would bang
Worlds 2020 | Champ Select | Swaggin' Drama | Extended Version - YouTube
Kled, the Cantankerous Cavalier | Login Screen - League of Legends - YouTube
Dunno, I remember seeing an instrumental version of Light and Shadow somewhere.

It's tricky how these would work. Admittedly, I know jack about music rights, so this is just me spitballing. Don't take my word for it.

If the songs were basically made for League, it's possible they're Riot-owned. So all they'd have to do is use intrumental versions and bam. From what I understand, they don't seem to be split in terms of permissions (like FF and DQ are), so hypothetically, they could go with these, mostly because the groups that contribute to K/DA and True Damage are actual musicians that work outside of the VG industry. It would probably be less of a headache on all sides.
do you know who performs the Varus song, As We Fall? I tried looking but it doesn't give artist info

i suppose that's a safe vocal song

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bumping after like several weeks probably but

any idea exactly WHEN Ruined King comes out? All it said was early 2021... and that window’s coming to a close kinda soon

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Bumping after like several weeks probably but

any idea exactly WHEN Ruined King comes out? All it said was early 2021... and that window’s coming to a close kinda soon
No idea... we haven't got anything new since TGA either, so methinks we should at least get some news soon - Riot's other projects are doing well enough, after all.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I've been curious
If Ahri gets in and she gets a korean dub
Do we get to hear the korean death sounds

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
I've always been confused about what stance should I take whenever someone brings up a LoL character.

Ahri is certainly one of the best picks from there, and she could be translated to Smash along with a very unique and interesting moveset. Thing is I have a hard time at separating a game from its respective fanbase, and LoL in particular is notably infamous for having one of the worst by miles, to the point any match that isn't vs. bots (and without friends) is nearly guaranteed to become a toxic fiesta where you have to mute everybody.

Aside from that it's a pretty decent game with tons of options that could be fun, and I play LoL rather occasionally so I'm not exactly a stranger when it comes to it.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Bonus character of Fighters Pass 2 = Ahri. ___ I hope.

Also noteworthy. Nintendo really wants to do well in China’s market & partnered with Tencent to do it
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/nintendo_switch_sold_more_than_1_3_million_units_in_china_this_year

Ahri from League of Legends leaked on 01/30/2020 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/494471663/#q494471663

https://notagamer.net/wild-rift-available-on-console-and-handheld/ console release estimate 10/2021

There is a League of Legends rep coming to Smash as some LOL games will make it to consoles (TBA).

( “League of Legends; Wild Rift” ) + ( “League of Legends; Ruind King” ) announced no official release date as of 10/01/2021

There is no ( named leak ), I place my bets on image ( Ahri ) related though.

Seiken Densetsu 3 Spirits (or probably the whole Mana series) ( “Trials of Mana” ) ( spirit event happened April 24, 2020 )

Hollow Knight Mii Sword Fighter with Sealed Vessel remix was discussed after San's outfit success & apparently has green light.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Final character of Fighters Pass 2 = Ahri

Ahri
from League of Legends leaked on 01/30/2020 https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/494471663/#q494471663

https://notagamer.net/wild-rift-available-on-console-and-handheld/ console release estimate 10/2021

There is a League of Legends rep coming to Smash as some LOL games will make it to consoles (TBA).

( “League of Legends; Wild Rift” ) + ( “League of Legends; Ruind King” ) announced no official release date as of 07/01/2021

There is no ( named leak ), I place my bets on image ( Ahri ) related though.

Seiken Densetsu 3 Spirits (or probably the whole Mana series) ( “Trials of Mana” ) ( spirit event happened April 24, 2020 )

Hollow Knight Mii Sword Fighter with Sealed Vessel remix was discussed after San's outfit success & apparently has green light.

Also noteworthy. Nintendo really wants to do well in China’s market & partnered with Tencent to do it
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/nintendo_switch_sold_more_than_1_3_million_units_in_china_this_year

Reasons for believing in a fighters Pass 3​

1 As long as there’s an opportunity to make more fighters, Sakurai said he wants to push the record further. 11th Sep 2019

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sakurai-no-way-future-smash-bros-games-will-have-as-many-fighters-as-ultimate/

2 Sakurai has a history of going back on his words for the fans. ( I.E. going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )

What Sakurai said about not including Ridley as a character in Super Smash Bros. 4 is most notable.

"if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer," explained Sakurai. "It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely. Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to.""Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as is, the correct way, & have it feel like a truly threatening presence." - Masahiro Sakurai

Shigeru Miyamoto at one time asked Sakurai if Pac-Man could be in Smash, back then Sakurai felt it was too farfetched.

Sakurai also noted Villager & the Miis status’ as being "unsuited for battle" as why they weren't included in SSBB. Rather, they'd be added to Super Smash Bros. 4's roster .

3 Nintendo is trying to grow an official Smash Ultimate competitive scene and therefore likely their client base
3.1 Nintendo announced a partnership with PlayVS to bring ( SSBU / Splatoon 2 ) e-sports leagues to 3,000 High schools
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-partners-with-playvs-to-bring-competitive-fun-to-high-school-varsity-athletics/

3.2 Nintendo will most likely in 2022 announce another partnership with PlayVS to bring SSBU e-sports leagues to Colleges
https://www.ginx.tv/en/smash-ultimate/nintendo-forces-playvs-to-drop-smash-ultimate-collegiate-league

3.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate e-sports. https://www.nea.gg/collegiate-smash-series

4 How many DLC characters was really a decision up to ( Shuntaro Fuwakara Nintendo President as of 2018 ) and the other companies who agreed to give the licensing of their characters to ( Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai. )

4.1 Sakurai only gets first right of refusal so, only a Nintendo ( CEO / President / other high level ) can rule out a fighter’s pass 3.

5 Nintendo is trying to redo their ( best year 2017 ) in 2022. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ffpzyd2JM&t=648s
I, uh.

I think we've discussed that one "leak" pretty extensively. By this point, there's pretty much no chance it's real, because it would require the poster to know about CP11 a whole two years in advance, when even known leakers are finding real info hard to come by.

And yeah, there's technically plenty of financial reasons for Nintendo to keep going, but Sakurai has pretty much stressed several times that CP11 is the last one, and I don't see any reason to doubt that. Then there's the fact that continued development from Smash 4 is almost reaching a decade... yeah, I don't see it.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
I, uh.

I think we've discussed that one "leak" pretty extensively. By this point, there's pretty much no chance it's real, because it would require the poster to know about CP11 a whole two years in advance, when even known leakers are finding real info hard to come by.

And yeah, there's technically plenty of financial reasons for Nintendo to keep going, but Sakurai has pretty much stressed several times that CP11 is the last one, and I don't see any reason to doubt that. Then there's the fact that continued development from Smash 4 is almost reaching a decade... yeah, I don't see it.
2 SSBU DLC seem to be going the same direction as SSB4. ( I.E. Sakurai going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/ this article is from 2014

also what about the potential timing of League coming to consoles 10/2021?
https://notagamer.net/wild-rift-available-on-console-and-handheld/

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
2 SSBU DLC seem to be going the same direction as SSB4. ( I.E. Sakurai going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/ this article is from 2014

also what about the potential timing of League coming to consoles 10/2021?
Well Wild Rift hasn’t been ported to consoles YET. it’s presumably still in development

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To repeat what Sharklord has said in the Newcomer thread, I think the current situation is very distinct from Sakurai's original "no plans at the moment" in Smash 4.

For the past 2 or 3 reveals in a row, he's flat out said CP11 is the last one.

EDIT: Also, I'm adding the general LoL supporters to the OP.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
To repeat what Sharklord has said in the Newcomer thread, I think the current situation is very distinct from Sakurai's original "no plans at the moment" in Smash 4.

For the past 2 or 3 reveals in a row, he's flat out said CP11 is the last one.
the wonderful thing is most everyone will be very happy & hyped if i am right.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
And if you’re not?
If am wrong you all won't be able to be too disappointed since you have well convinced yourself this is the final fighter's pass. I will still be satisfied as i have three mains now. possibly 4 if i am right about the last character Ahri.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
the wonderful thing is most everyone will be very happy & hyped if i am right.
If am wrong you all won't be able to be too disappointed since you have well convinced yourself this is the final fighter's pass. I will still be satisfied as i have three mains now. possibly 4 if i am right about the last character Ahri.
I mean, if that's the case, wouldn't it be more prudent to hype responsibly and believe what Sakurai is saying?

Like, yeah, I wanna see Ahri get in, but I gotta be grounded by the fact that it might not happen.

Speaking of "want", I updated this and the general LoL thread's OPs and damn, we're starting to need spoiler tags to put the supporters in so they OPs are not as long. Proud of y'all lol.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
If we do get ( Ahri / another League rep ) does anyone think we will additionally get mii costumes? and who do you think we will get?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ahri: finally has a dark/villain themed skin, Coven Ahri, right after we got Ruined Miss Fortune
Fans: complaining about how Ahri’s model is still off with the tails or whatever

Bros stop complaining in the comments and let me have this W 😭

on a side note I can see Coven Ahri being an alt now

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If we do get ( Ahri / another League rep ) does anyone think we will additionally get mii costumes? and who do you think we will get?
Depends on who is chosen. I think at the absolute best we'd get around 4 costumes (themost we ever got for a single game, with Minecraft, DQ and Persona) - though there is a chance we wouldn't get any (BK, Byleth and technically Kazuya).

If they're not chosen, I could see someone like Yasuo or Master Yi for Swordfighter, Lee Sin for Brawler and Jinx for Gunner.

Ahri: finally has a dark/villain themed skin, Coven Ahri, right after we got Ruined Miss Fortune
Fans: complaining about how Ahri’s model is still off with the tails or whatever

Bros stop complaining in the comments and let me have this W 😭

on a side note I can see Coven Ahri being an alt now
Hmm. Depends on whether or not we'd get alts with different effects. Even then, I wonder how many we'd get (2 like Mario, just 1 like Cloud or Kazuya, 3 like Hero or 7 like Bowser Jr.).

On one hand I can see Coven getting shafted for something like K/DA and Star Guardian if the number of alts was low, but assuming we got a full set of 8, then maybe.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Depends on who is chosen. I think at the absolute best we'd get around 4 costumes - though there is a chance we wouldn't get any.

If they're not chosen, I could see someone like Yasuo or Master Yi for Swordfighter, Lee Sin for Brawler and Jinx for Gunner.

Hmm. Depends on whether or not we'd get alts with different effects. Even then, I wonder how many we'd get (2 like Mario, just 1 like Cloud or Kazuya, 3 like Hero or 7 like Bowser Jr.).

On one hand I can see Coven getting shafted for something like K/DA and Star Guardian if the number of alts was low, but assuming we got a full set of 8, then maybe.
My idea for Ahri was her default + 7 different skins as her alts. Arcade, Star Guardian, Spirit Blossom and both K/DA’s are a given so that’s 5 already. Coven would be a sixth. I guess Foxfire for #7, or a (somewhat censored) Elderwood?

RIP Ruined Ahri, from what I heard a Rioter said that was scrapped. Probably repurposed into Coven Ahri

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
RIP Ruined Ahri, from what I heard a Rioter said that was scrapped. Probably repurposed into Coven Ahri
There's also the fact that one of the RK characters was already getting a Ruined Skin. If any of the others will get one (Ahri, Braum, Yasuo, etc), it will probably be a bit later. I feel like they're on the edge of giving away spoilers to RK via the current event lol.

Sidenote: I cannot for the life of me imagine Ruined Braum. The man is just too wholesome to get Ruined lmao.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j86TTIMWBYY
Does the fact where Tencent did get to collaborate with the Pokemon Company and Nintendo to make Pokemon Unite make people think a league rep especially Ahri is more likely?
Definitely. Even if we don't get a LoL rep now, I'd still think it's a distinct possibility in the next game, especially if Riot keeps porting stuff to the Switch. Tencent owns Riot, after all, so they pretty much already have a foot inside.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
another noteworthy item is the Switch OLED is releasing the same time LoL Wild Rift is coming to console; estimated 10/2021
Oh? That's interesting, if true. I don't know how reputable that site is, though, so does anyone know if it was reported anywhere else?

Assuming that's indeed the date, I think it's a bit too close to mean anything, especially with Ruined King being delayed... but it's a formal appearance on a Nintendo console and that's what matters in the end.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Oh? That's interesting, if true. I don't know how reputable that site is, though, so does anyone know if it was reported anywhere else?

Assuming that's indeed the date, I think it's a bit too close to mean anything, especially with Ruined King being delayed... but it's a formal appearance on a Nintendo console and that's what matters in the end.
at least on their website it reads coming soon to consoles https://wildrift.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/

also they did hire developers to port it to console

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
I mean, yeah, the part about consoles was known since the announcement. I was talking about the console beta test "soon".
https://toplevelx.com/2021/07/24/riot-is-always-on-the-lookout-for-new-and-innovative-ways-to-tell-stories-at-events/

Is there an output window for the console version of Wild Rift?

" BF:
We have no updates on this. But it will be some time after the release of the mobile version." thoughts?

also does anyone think the ( bone to pick with you ) spirit event might have been a reference to the ruined king event in LoL?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Also does a reveal in September make you all think Ahri would be more likely?
Not really. I still think that It's too uncharacteristic to end DLC on a big game - a western one that is notoriously smaller in Japan, no less.

That said, depending on how things go for Wild Rift, I think it bodes well for the future.

also does anyone think the ( bone to pick with you ) spirit event might have been a reference to the ruined king event in LoL?
Uh... no? Why would it be? Viego's undead, sure, but it's a huge stretch to say that the two events are remotely related.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Not really. I still think that It's too uncharacteristic to end DLC on a big game - a western one that is notoriously smaller in Japan, no less.

That said, depending on how things go for Wild Rift, I think it bodes well for the future.

Uh... no? Why would it be? Viego's undead, sure, but it's a huge stretch to say that the two events are remotely related.
the ( bone to pick with you ) spirit event might have been a reference to the ruined king event in LoL becuasu it is the closest they could get to being related.

Ahri could be revealed 12/2021

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Alternatively__ Ahri __ could get shadow dropped without a Mr. Sakurai Presents. just like Joker. mostly wishful thinking though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom