• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summoning the Nine-Tailed Fox - Ahri Support Thread

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Just curious, how are fellow Ahri fans feeling her chances/that leak is now? Nothing about Septhiroth debunked that leak, but other possible leaks that had Sephiroth didn't have a LoL character at all
To be fair, these other leaks leave no room for error. For example, if the next character is neither Reimu, KOS-MOS or Crash, it brings that rumor down.

Meanwhile, aside from the fact that TGA would have been a great opportunity, we came out of it relatively unscathed.

And so far, we're only waiting on two other potential flags for that rumor: the character itself and the Knight PreMiium with Sealed Vessel. Outside that, it will take some time for the Leak of Legends to be debunked 100%, I feel.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair, these other leaks leave no room for error. For example, if the next character is neither Reimu, KOS-MOS or Crash, it brings that rumor down.

Meanwhile, aside from the fact that TGA would have been a great opportunity, we came out of it relatively unscathed.

And so far, we're only waiting on two other potential flags for that rumor: the character itself and the Knight PreMiium with Sealed Vessel. Outside that, it will take some time for the Leak of Legends to be debunked 100%, I feel.
tbf, I feel like Crash alone wouldn't confirm the leak either since everyone and their mom in the industry has been hinting at him.

Reimu or KOS-MOS being next however... now THAT would be cause to take it seriously

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
tbf, I feel like Crash alone wouldn't confirm the leak either since everyone and their mom in the industry has been hinting at him.

Reimu or KOS-MOS being next however... now THAT would be cause to take it seriously
Well, that and the fact that there's more than one rumor involving Crash, so even if he's in doesn't mean all of them are real.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, that and the fact that there's more than one rumor involving Crash, so even if he's in doesn't mean all of them are real.
there's also more than one rumor that involved Sephiroth and they can't all be right so...

idk why but im kinda banking on KOS-MOS being FP9, Reimu and Crash being at E3 2021 to be the successors to Hero and Banjo, and bam pass 3 announcement... with Ahri/LoL in it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
WHAT IF WITH SOME AHRI ALTS SHE HAS A DIFFERENT VICTORY SCREEN

Crazy idea I thought of but

Star Guardian alt - her recall theme plays as she does the transform animation
K/DA POP/STARS - does the dance with Evelynn and Akali like from the MV. Instrumental version of K/DA POP/STARS recall jingle as the fanfare
K/DA ALL OUT - literally Ahri’s ALL OUT animation as seen here:
Complete with Akali and Kai’Sa dancing as well

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't we actually have a character with different victory screens depending on the alt? I think it's Byleth, but there could be someone else.

So maybe there is some precedent there.
I was thinking more “dynamic” ones like with Sephiroth and Joker

Ahri would even have different fanfares for certain alts

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

League is not only the most watched esport in the world, it's even the most watched esport in japan despite being PC. I'd kinda be surprised if there wasn't a league rep in at all.
Interesting that PUBG is there but Fortnite isn’t 🤔

also Splatoon 2 should at LEAST be tier 2 but that’s just my bias talking

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
League is not only the most watched esport in the world, it's even the most watched esport in japan despite being PC. I'd kinda be surprised if there wasn't a league rep in at all.
Wow, that's absolutely crazy. I really think having Wild Rift on mobile and possibly Switch, two platforms that the japanese actually use, will do wonders for it there. I find it especially interesting that it's apparently the most watched MOBA there in spite of several mobile titles that seemed to have a decent playerbase.

Also kudos to Valorant - most watched shooter along with PUBG, it seems. Riot is making a lot of progress in Japan, which makes sense considering they've tried to penetrate that market for a while.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
How about Talon as a rep? He seems cool, and I think people might complain about Ahri being a bit campy with the projectiles. Talon is a close quarter assassin in the original game, so I think he'll hear 'campy' less than Ahri. What do you think? Is he popular enough?

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
I don't think it matters if some people might complain. Ahri is one of the most popular champions in league and she's one of the few champions playable in The Ruined King and one of hte first fighters in the upcoming league of legends fighting game. Ahri easily makes the most sense for smash I think, spirit rush easily being a recovery move. Talon I don't think would be likely at all since Zed fits his role but is more popular.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
How about Talon as a rep? He seems cool, and I think people might complain about Ahri being a bit campy with the projectiles. Talon is a close quarter assassin in the original game, so I think he'll hear 'campy' less than Ahri. What do you think? Is he popular enough?
Hmm, imo it's a bit hard for Talon. If we were to get an assassin, I think the frontrunners would be Ekko, Katarina, Zed or Akali. All of them are more popular than Talon, to the point of Riot using them as faces during Worlds and such.

In particular, I think Ekko and Katarina would be the most recognizable of the bunch - at least when it comes to casuals.

That said, I do believe that a mage would make the most sense as a League rep - whether it's Ahri or someone like Lux.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I think Ahri's biggest competition at this point would be Yasuo as they are both in the Ruined King but even then, would they really add another sword fighter ? He'd best be a mii costume.
Miss Fortune seems to be the main character of the game but I could hardly see her spells work in smash without being too repetitive and I believe she would be great for a miii gunner outfit.
And for a Ruined Kind mii brawler, I guess an illaoi costume would work just fine !

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think Ahri's biggest competition at this point would be Yasuo as they are both in the Ruined King but even then, would they really add another sword fighter ? He'd best be a mii costume.
Miss Fortune seems to be the main character of the game but I could hardly see her spells work in smash without being too repetitive and I believe she would be great for a miii gunner outfit.
And for a Ruined Kind mii brawler, I guess an illaoi costume would work just fine !
Tbh, I think it's Yasuo, Lux, and Jinx. To a lesser extent I'd say Teemo, but I'm not sure he's the first who would come to mind in terms of representing LoL's base mechanics.

There's Ryze too, but I'd argue the biggest problem with him is that, to my knowledge, he's mostly known by League players (and not necessarily complete casuals), in spite of being a really iconic champion. It's a bit like the whole Lloyd/Yuri thing.

It's important to remember that Jinx is gonna be featured in Arcane, Lux gets so many skins it's basically a meme at this point, and Yasuo is one of the most picked AND banned in general for Solo Queue. So I don't think it's clear cut, even if I do think Ahri has a good shot.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Tbh, I think it's Yasuo, Lux, and Jinx. To a lesser extent I'd say Teemo, but I'm not sure he's the first who would come to mind in terms of representing LoL's base mechanics.

There's Ryze too, but I'd argue the biggest problem with him is that, to my knowledge, he's mostly known by League players (and not necessarily complete casuals), in spite of being a really iconic champion. It's a bit like the whole Lloyd/Yuri thing.

It's important to remember that Jinx is gonna be featured in Arcane, Lux gets so many skins it's basically a meme at this point, and Yasuo is one of the most picked AND banned in general for Solo Queue. So I don't think it's clear cut, even if I do think Ahri has a good shot.
Yasuo is a meme in Korea, called 'Yasuo is Science'. It's basically about how almost all Yasuo players in our teams suck and end up with something like 0/7/2, and blames the teammates. (Not sure about other regions, so if there is let me know) So he's definitely well known. Coming up with a moveset for him won't be hard, make his neutral B the stab move, Wind wall is side B, Blade dash is up b. Not sure about Down B though.
Also, what moveset would Lux have?

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Yasuo is a meme in Korea, called 'Yasuo is Science'. It's basically about how almost all Yasuo players in our teams suck and end up with something like 0/7/2, and blames the teammates. (Not sure about other regions, so if there is let me know) So he's definitely well known. Coming up with a moveset for him won't be hard, make his neutral B the stab move, Wind wall is side B, Blade dash is up b. Not sure about Down B though.
Also, what moveset would Lux have?
As far as I know, Yasuo players do have that same reputation in EU servers and I experienced first hand haha..

Regarding Lux, her moveset would be hard indeed to implement and would need a lot of moves to be built out of thin air, but her many skins could offer a variety of attacks : elemental or Star guardian themed spells ect. even though it's a bit of a stretch.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
As far as I know, Yasuo players do have that same reputation in EU servers and I experienced first hand haha..

Regarding Lux, her moveset would be hard indeed to implement and would need a lot of moves to be built out of thin air, but her many skins could offer a variety of attacks : elemental or Star guardian themed spells ect. even though it's a bit of a stretch.
I mean, Yasuo players have pretty much the same rep anywhere:

For Lux, the only thing that would need to be adapted would be Prismatic Barrier (unless the Smash team is ok with a character getting some extra utility in team matches only). Everything else translates pretty ok - her passive would work just fine and the only tweaks to her other moves would be that they wouldn't grant vision. Final Spark would probably be reserved for a Final Smash, though.

Sure, she'd probably need a new recovery and normals, but the former can always be Recall for any League character that lacks one and the latter is a thing for basically all characters.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
A thought occured to me while I was doing Tracer's rate their chances. Nintendo is really trying to break into China, I'm sure you guys have probably brought this up, but if they add a League of Legends rep to Smash Ultimate, it is basically guaranteed to be a success when Smash eventually launches there. Just a thought.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
A thought occured to me while I was doing Tracer's rate their chances. Nintendo is really trying to break into China, I'm sure you guys have probably brought this up, but if they add a League of Legends rep to Smash Ultimate, it is basically guaranteed to be a success when Smash eventually launches there. Just a thought.
Honestly? Yeah. My guess is that Terry, Steve and a LoL rep alone would make Ultimate sell insanely well in China. Minecraft and League also count points for Korea, which is always a plus.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Honestly? Yeah. My guess is that Terry, Steve and a LoL rep alone would make Ultimate sell insanely well in China. Minecraft and League also count points for Korea, which is always a plus.
Tbh I'm not sure if smash players here would like LoL rep. It's well known, but liking it? Ehh... I don't know. Better than Crash for sure, but still.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh I'm not sure if smash players here would like LoL rep. It's well known, but liking it? Ehh... I don't know. Better than Crash for sure, but still.
maybe not the existing Smash base, but a LoL rep could incentivize new players to start Smash. I'm pretty sure the likes of Joker, Steve, Terry and Sephiroth have incentivized in similar ways

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Wait, are you from one of the countries I mentioned? If so, maybe you could give us a few insights.

In any case, the point is more in the vein of what Rie said.

maybe not the existing Smash base, but a LoL rep could incentivize new players to start Smash. I'm pretty sure the likes of Joker, Steve, Terry and Sephiroth have incentivized in similar ways
I'd argue less so for Terry or Sephiroth (don't see a lot of traditional FG players being too hyped about Smash, plus FF and KoF have a decent Nintendo relationship already; and Sephiroth is mainstream gaming levels of well-known).

But otherwise yes, it's pretty much how instead of advertising a smaller game to Smash players, it advertises Smash to a bigger game's audience.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Wait, are you from one of the countries I mentioned? If so, maybe you could give us a few insights.

In any case, the point is more in the vein of what Rie said.

I'd argue less so for Terry or Sephiroth (don't see a lot of traditional FG players being too hyped about Smash, plus FF and KoF have a decent Nintendo relationship already; and Sephiroth is mainstream gaming levels of well-known).

But otherwise yes, it's pretty much how instead of advertising a smaller game to Smash players, it advertises Smash to a bigger game's audience.
I am korean, and smash players here generally doesn't talk about LoL much. And smash isn't really popular in korea as well. Could be wrong though.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I am korean, and smash players here generally doesn't talk about LoL much. And smash isn't really popular in korea as well. Could be wrong though.
I see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PC and mobile scenes are stronger in Korea compared to consoles, yes?

If so, then it kinda falls into what we were talking about before - LoL content in Smash being more of an advertisement for Smash than it is for League in these places.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the PC and mobile scenes are stronger in Korea compared to consoles, yes?

If so, then it kinda falls into what we were talking about before - LoL content in Smash being more of an advertisement for Smash than it is for League in these places.
Yes, PC and mobile are way stronger.
If you ask me the best reps for Korea would be King of Fighters, mostly Kyo or Iori. It used to be huge here back in the day, and while not as popular as LoL nowadays, there are quite people on youtube/twitch who still play KoF, and while Terry is a good character people here would prefer those two.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Yes, PC and mobile are way stronger.
If you ask me the best reps for Korea would be King of Fighters, mostly Kyo or Iori. It used to be huge here back in the day, and while not as popular as LoL nowadays, there are quite people on youtube/twitch who still play KoF, and while Terry is a good character people here would prefer those two.
And what about Mai Shiranui's popularity ?
We all know why she was cut from the KoF stage but in a crazy imaginary world, her inclusion ( with a toned down outfit ) would be the absolute biggest surprise haha.

On a side note, revealing outfits are surprisingly not a problem for the vast majority of the LoL female cast despite their - sometimes - "generous proportions ".

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
And what about Mai Shiranui's popularity ?
We all know why she was cut from the KoF stage but in a crazy imaginary world, her inclusion ( with a toned down outfit ) would be the absolute biggest surprise haha.

On a side note, revealing outfits are surprisingly not a problem for the vast majority of the LoL female cast despite their - sometimes - "generous proportions ".
Mai is cool, and I think she'll be ok
But I'm saying Kyo and Iori, especially Iori since I've seen quite some people saying they wanted him over Terry.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Something slightly bad for us about yesterday's reveal: Pyra and Mythra are our third 2010s character in this Pass (though I guess the first version of Minecraft came out in 2009).

So I dunno if this could be a hit agains us by proxy, considering the last pass was pretty much even in terms of distribution by decade. It might mean nothing, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
CRACKPOT THEORY: Ahri tangentially fits Fire Theory - she has a Fox Fire skin, and three K/DA songs reference fire in their lyrics
POP/STARS - "say I'm on fire with the blade, you're about to hear my name"
I'll Show You - "a heart full of fire, lookin' at a fighter"
THE BADDEST - "here to light it up, set the world on fire"

AHRI CONFIRMED AS CP10?! :4pacman:

but seriously tho imagine

...i am supposed to be on hiatus so YEETS SELF INTO SHADOWS

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
CRACKPOT THEORY: Ahri tangentially fits Fire Theory - she has a Fox Fire skin, and three K/DA songs reference fire in their lyrics
It's not just tangentially, she has a move that's literally called Fox-Fire (her W). So she fits Fire theory perfectly... if it means anything. :p

POP/STARS - "say I'm on fire with the blade, you're about to hear my name"
So Ahri is our next anime swordfighter, huh. I'll take it. :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine if you’re fighting Sephiroth as Ahri on Cloud Sea

Azurda: “Why do I hear boss music... mixed with KPop for some reason?” :troll:

...we’d officially have KPop in Smash. Uh... wow.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Isn’t 1v9 a League meme to boot? Saw an emoji saying 1v9 in the RUN IT video
Yeah, it basically means your team is working against you, plus the enemy team (hence, 4 people from your team + 5 on the other). It basically means you're the only one doing well on your side.

To my knowledge, the meme isn't exclusive to League either. I think both Dota 2 and Overwatch might have variations of this meme with a similar meaning.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just came to an epiphany, sharing from main League thread
Ay hold up my brain just connected the dots

remember that Fortnite “no comment” rumor?

remember the last time this happened was with Suda51 and we got a Travis Mii?

Epic and Riot are both owned by tencent

what if... Jonesy Mii... with a League rep??

View attachment 305225
also how's this for ahri alts

1. default
2. foxfire
3. challenger
4. arcade
5. star guardian
6. k/da
7. spirit blossom
8. k/da all out

Last edited:

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if you’re fighting Sephiroth as Ahri on Cloud Sea

Azurda: “Why do I hear boss music... mixed with KPop for some reason?” :troll:

...we’d officially have KPop in Smash. Uh... wow.
We likely wouldnt have the worlds songs such as kda and true damage, more likely the score would consist of champ select music at best and champ themes. These two songs would bang
Worlds 2020 | Champ Select | Swaggin' Drama | Extended Version - YouTube
Kled, the Cantankerous Cavalier | Login Screen - League of Legends - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom