• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summoning the Nine-Tailed Fox - Ahri Support Thread

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hm, so I just realized something:

If Ahri gets in and Charm is her neutral B... does that mean we'll see Kirby blowing a kiss at other characters?
Kinda think Ahri’s neutral B will be the orb which turns into a drain attack every 3 attacks

which means

gasp

Kirby can self heal

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Kinda think Ahri’s neutral B will be the orb which turns into a drain attack every 3 attacks

which means

gasp

Kirby can self heal
It's actually 9 stacks, with 1 stack gained per ability hit (counting multiple hits on one enemy and/or multiple enemies hit).

Her current mini-rework actually applies this to all abilities, not just Orb of Deception, with a max of 3 stacks gained per cast.

...but yeah, it's possible. Still want to see Kirby charming people tho. :roll:

Awkwah

Smash Apprentice
Man seeing this, this is what I hope Ahri to look like in Smash.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The shading would probably be different, but yeah, the Wild Rift model looks really nice for her.

...Regarding the WR thing, I just hope the team doesn't have 200 years of shared game design experience. We all know how last time turned out. :roll:

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I kinda want to support Ahri and League of Legends with this thread, but I don't have much experience playing LoL but, I already familiar with the MOBA genre.

Also, I want to do a little bit of help by making a complete list of all the character (minus Ahri) and make them into spirits, complete with battle conditions and character that represent them and good thing that there is a message above me that list all the character but I might change that up a little, a little bit of help would be nice to determine their battle condition

also, if I allowed to ask, what music that come with Ahri?

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
I kinda want to support Ahri and League of Legends with this thread, but I don't have much experience playing LoL but, I already familiar with the MOBA genre.

Also, I want to do a little bit of help by making a complete list of all the character (minus Ahri) and make them into spirits, complete with battle conditions and character that represent them and good thing that there is a message above me that list all the character but I might change that up a little, a little bit of help would be nice to determine their battle condition

No idea, League doesn't exactly have much music besides character title screen themes.

I really hope that their other genre games do well. Anyone remember the fighting game they showed a brief teaser of? I really do like league's characters, but the gameplay of the rift just isn't that fun to me anymore.

Aram is like the only thing I play anymore. But there I can't exactly choose who I want.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
No idea, League doesn't exactly have much music besides character title screen themes.
I don't know if Smash allows music that is taken directly from the K/DA music video or other music that is used only one time in a trailer or presentation which idk if there is trailer for the game that uses different music because I know that one of the music from The Legend of Zelda is directly taken from the trailer for BotW which never really appear in the game

like this: Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer BGM

also before I forget, add me as one of the supporter pls.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Well, I pretty much just looked at a champion list by release date and made it from there lol.

Regarding songs, I don't think we'd get any that use stuff from real life artists, like the K/DA and True Damage ones. I guess we could get a few voice tracks like Get Jinxed, because they were made specifically in the context of League, so Riot may have the full rights to them.

I'd mostly look forward to character themes, I suppose. They seem like the safest choices as far as music goes.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Regarding songs, I don't think we'd get any that use stuff from real life artists, like the K/DA and True Damage ones. I guess we could get a few voice tracks like Get Jinxed, because they were made specifically in the context of League, so Riot may have the full rights to them.
Can they get pass that by making it a remix or just removing the voices in favor of instrumental?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
dude

I can’t believe I only just now saw the resemblance the Arcade Ahri skin has to Fox

lmaoooooo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Crossposting from the general LoL thread:
WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE HECKIN PHONE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=vCFL3_QVPTs at 8:06 in the video. I’d post a screenshot but SB isn’t letting me

very curious choice of phrase and picture there, Riot...

UPDATE I FOUND THE TWEET

“I’ll Show You” music video doubling as Ahri’s Smash reveal trailer, anyone?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To quote myself from the general LoL thread:

Wouldn't put any stock in it tbh. Riot references other games all the time, this is most likely just a shoutout to Falcon himself. Samira's Champion Spotlight had at least 4 or 5 Devil May Cry references, including a Devil Trigger namedrop.
I gotta say it's a really nice nod tho. Always fun to see them reference other games.

zferolie

Smash Hero
To quote myself from the general LoL thread:

I gotta say it's a really nice nod tho. Always fun to see them reference other games.
Hell, LoL References Touhou of all things as well, and its a pretty big reference. So that tweet seems in the norm.

Still, I can see a LoL rep happening, and honestly I feel Ahri is one of the main faces of the series. plus she could have a very cool moveset

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
LoL music teams continue to deliver awesome songs regardless of the genre ! I can't get enough of Evelynn's "Villain" and Seraphine's non K/DA song.

If Ahri does get playable (a man can dream), I would love for her original K/DA skin to be an option but I'm not sure it would be feasible given that the original skin has no high heels.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey remember that rumor that said Hollow Knight costume with sealed vessel remix

if Sephiroth comes with a HK costume with that same remix, a LoL rep will be soft confirmed

hopefully Ahri. Yasuo would kinda be redundant at this point lmao

Joke idea: Yasuo as Sephiroth's echo lmao

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I wrote up a hypothetical Ahri classic mode, lmk what y’all think:
Eh why not here’s my crack at Ahri’s Classic, may include some DLC characters (including one hypothetical) with a substitute if you don’t own the dlc
Run the Rift
(All characters are expies for certain LoL characters)
Round 1: KOS-MOS (if owned) or Purple :ultinkling: with a Steel Diver if not (represents Jinx)
Round 2: :ultminmin if owned, :ultsheik: if not (represents Akali)
Round 3: Giant Orange :ultmegaman: (represents Blitzcrank)
Round 4: :ultpichu: with Lip’s Stick (represents Teemo)
Round 5: :ultbayonetta: (represents Miss Fortune)
Round 6: :ultsephiroth: if owned,:ultmarth: with a Killer Edge if not (represents Yasuo)
Boss: :ultridley: (represents Baron Nashor)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So I wrote up a hypothetical Ahri classic mode, lmk what y’all think:
Nice! I do think it could use a litle more oomph (maybe Rathalos representing Elder Drake or something) but Teemo as a Pichu with Lip's Stick is really nice lol.

I don't think I posted my own Classic idea here, but I might do so as well.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
For her classic mode I could see something revolving around her backstory and her soul-eating past, with preys who tend to hang around in the woods ( with nature themed stages ).
Soul rush in the woods
Round 1 : :ultpichu::ultpikachu:
Round 2 : :ultolimar:
Round 3 : :ultpiranha:
Round 4 : :ultlink:
Round 5 : :ultike:
Round 6 : :ultdk::ultdiddy:

Boss : Rathalos

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'd go with a Classic Mode that mimics the events of a League match, personally. Nearly every fight would be on Ahri's home stage (I'm assuming it would be a version of Summoner's Rift) and all of them would be Stamina Battles.
  1. :ultvillagerf: (Annie). This represents an early skirmish with another mid laner - I chose Annie due to her popularity and her status as an "early mascot" of LoL.
  2. Team :ulticeclimbers:. I thought they would be the best to represent a minion wave, because of the way they're dressed. Maybe you could even have an ally Ice Climbers with a blue alt.
  3. :ultsheik: (Akali) + :ultlucario: (Lee Sin). This fight represents a gank from the enemy jungler - depending on whether you'd want this to be easier or harder, you could add a partner jungler here too (maybe :ultgreninja: as a stand-in for the infamous "River Shen"). Went with these two because they're from Ionia, same as Ahri.
  4. Boss Round - Rathalos. The boss comes early in Ahri's route, because dragons are available earlier than Baron. Rathalos specifically would stand in best for the Infernal Drake - though you could also make him stand for the Elder Drake with a few adjustments.
  5. :ultganondorf: (Swain) + :ultcloud: (Riven) + :ultrichter: (Draven). Time for a teamfight! I went with three champions from Noxus because of their conflict with Ionia. The player would have two allies here - I'm thinking :ultswordfighter: for Master Yi and :ultdiddy:for Wukong, since they're two lore-related Ionian champions. Really wanted to do a 5 v 5 here, but I did my best with what Ultimate will allow.
  6. Giant :ultridley:. Baron Nashor, of course. The player would obviously have allies here - I'm thinking :ultike: (Garen), :ultinkling: (Jinx), :ultrob: (Blitzcrank) and :ultbowser: (Rammus). One for each role and all from different places. To compensate, Ridley would have an insane amount of HP... like Baron, really.
  7. Bonus Stage: Run it Down Mid Race to the Finish
  8. :ultpichu: (Teemo) + :ultpit: (Ezreal) + :ultpalutena: (Lux) + :ultshulk: (Ekko). The last push to the Nexus! The player would be aided by three allied :ultludwig: as a stand-in for the Super Minions. Admittedly, the champions I chose for this one had no other rhyme or reason besides popularity, but I'm open to suggestions.
Aaand that's it!

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
This is so very creative, I can only love it :D

...But where is the part where one of your teammate strats to feed and blame everyone else for it ? haha jk.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
This is so very creative, I can only love it :D

...But where is the part where one of your teammate strats to feed and blame everyone else for it ? haha jk.
I mean, you can always make the player's allies lower-leveled compared to the opposing AI. And also make the CPU taunt from time to time. :p

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just curious, how are fellow Ahri fans feeling her chances/that leak is now? Nothing about Septhiroth debunked that leak, but other possible leaks that had Sephiroth didn't have a LoL character at all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just curious, how are fellow Ahri fans feeling her chances/that leak is now? Nothing about Septhiroth debunked that leak, but other possible leaks that had Sephiroth didn't have a LoL character at all
could be for pass 3 material

like i was saying in the Reimu thread, if the Sephiroth/Reimu/KOS-MOS/Crash rumor is true, maybe the rumored HK costume will come in Reimu's wave, soft confirming that leak

idk

but there's also four remaining WoL spots after this pass finishes so... perfect pass 3 material

zferolie

Smash Hero
could be for pass 3 material

like i was saying in the Reimu thread, if the Sephiroth/Reimu/KOS-MOS/Crash rumor is true, maybe the rumored HK costume will come in Reimu's wave, soft confirming that leak

idk

but there's also four remaining WoL spots after this pass finishes so... perfect pass 3 material
While I wouldn't expect a 3rd pass, I could see it happening. 4 more slots in WoL would bring the total amount of playable characters to 91 or 92 I beleive(each echo and pokemon counting as unique fighters)

Top Bottom