• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summon the Emblian Princess, Veronica, into Smash Switch!

ETFruitNinja

Smash Rookie
With such a large roster of characters in the Fire Emblem universe, it is difficult to narrow down who could be the next representative to appear in Smash. That being said, I would like to present with you all with who I believe is the most viable candidate.

(Image from Gamepedia)

Veronica is the princess and ruler of the Embla (Emblian Empire) from Intelligent System's mobile game, Fire Emblem Heroes. As the game's primary antagonist, she seeks to enslave other worlds, with her ultimate goal being to destroy the Askran Kingdom. Fire Emblem Heroes won Japan's Google Play Best Game of 2017 award, and the game remains fresh as Intelligent Systems continues to update it with new content. The game features legendary heroes from the entire Fire Emblem universe, including Marth, Ike, Roy, and many more.

Why Veronica? Well, until the 2.0 update, her face was featured on the app's icon (Now it's Fjorm). The game's protagonists (Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna) are all melee weapon users, something we already have a lot of in Smash. Veronica, similar to Robin, is a tome user, wielding a poison tome called Élivágar, but itt is likely that Veronica's powers are much greater, as she is capable of controlling heroes from other worlds. Her runner-up placement in the 2018 Choose Your Legends Ballot (behind Celica) not only reveals her popularity among Fire Emblem players compared to other characters in the game, but also opens up future potential for her as a character when she is given a Brave variant in the near future.

I don't have a moveset laid out for her yet, but feel free to leave ideas in the comments. I definitely plan to return and edit this thread if there is anything to add or change.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
She's a cool character, but I see a boatload of obstacles preventing her from being likely. Technically, she still hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console, something that's been a determining factor in the past. They'd also probably focus on promoting the upcoming FE switch over heroes, fitting in with the trend of previous smash games. Additionally, I feel that they'd add Fjorm over Veronica if they wanted to promote FEH because she is so readily available to the player.

Still, I'm all up for another mage, so if she did make it I'd be stoked.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Aww. Was going to make one for her after I was finished with the other one I was currently working on. Oh well. (Though now I doubly need to finish that one before I get sniped).

She's a cool character, but I see a boatload of obstacles preventing her from being likely. Technically, she still hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console, something that's been a determining factor in the past. They'd also probably focus on promoting the upcoming FE switch over heroes, fitting in with the trend of previous smash games. Additionally, I feel that they'd add Fjorm over Veronica if they wanted to promote FEH because she is so readily available to the player.

Still, I'm all up for another mage, so if she did make it I'd be stoked.
I really don't think her not being on a Nintendo console really matters. I'm pretty sure Sakurai said when Cloud was revealed that any appearence on a nintendo system had no real effect on Cloud's inclusion. He was put in simply because he was Cloud.

I don't really see why that can't apply to Veronica. She is still a nintendo character even if she isn't on a nintendo console.

Top Bottom