• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SumabatoX 05 - Japan

suinoko/Jade Stern

Smash Cadet

OverLade

Smash Hero
9B seems to win a lot of these tournaments.

It seems as though a lot of the other well known players from Japan (in America at least) don't attend. Are they in a different region?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Remember that they don't have prize money, so they can't afford to travel as much.

すいのこさん、俺5月の半ばに二週間日本にいます。たぶん大阪と名古屋の辺にいます。いつか待ち合わせをしてスマブラでもしましょう。:D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
9B seems to win a lot of these tournaments.

It seems as though a lot of the other well known players from Japan (in America at least) don't attend. Are they in a different region?
The players who attended Apex are from the east of Japan, except Earth. This tournament took place in the west of Japan.

I wonder what happened to Souther and Akira though. They used to dominate the west with Masashi and 9B...

:059:

suinoko/Jade Stern

Smash Cadet
Remember that they don't have prize money, so they can't afford to travel as much.

すいのこさん、俺5月の半ばに二週間日本にいます。たぶん大阪と名古屋の辺にいます。いつか待ち合わせをしてスマブラでもしましょう。:D
あと1ヶ月早く来れたんだったらSRT行けたのに><
僕も仕事探しで大阪とか行くことがあるかもしれないんで、もし会えたら是非対戦しましょう! 美味しいもんも食べに行きましょう^^

and i cant understand what M2K saying because im poor at English lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm pretty sure there is a ledge grab limit [+air time rule]. It's just that there are rarely time-outs because they aren't stupid and have a 10 min timer. Masashi beats his opponents fair and square.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Well obviously he beats them fair and square

but he has NO REASON TO GET OFF THE LEDGE WITH THE CURRENT RULES

so they HAVE to come to him giving him an advantage, so of course it won't end with a time out

I'm not doubting his skill I think he's very skilled

it's just gay to watch and probably annoying to fight

which is why I think there should be a LGL so it's less gay

Vega4

Smash Ace
Well obviously he beats them fair and square

but he has NO REASON TO GET OFF THE LEDGE WITH THE CURRENT RULES

so they HAVE to come to him giving him an advantage, so of course it won't end with a time out

I'm not doubting his skill I think he's very skilled

it's just gay to watch and probably annoying to fight

which is why I think there should be a LGL so it's less gay
Agree.

But... that's a big problem for a players that fight him with characters like IC's, Snake, Diddy, and all those other "easy to gimp" or ground characters ... If you use MK you can go for him to the same hell if it's necessary.
BTW I also think that they should have a Ledge Grab Limit rule... and I hate Masashi's playstyle, It's too anoying. I think that you can beat him if you play, I think that you'll have bigger problems with Japan IC's or others characters like those...

Vega4

Smash Ace
But they DO have a ledge grab rule =/

Really? but how many... 1000?
In this fight Masashi throw two or three arrows and then do a edge grab... It would be like 10 edge grabs every minute...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is hilarious.
Mew2King has made two claims.
1. 10 minute time limit is better because people won't try to run out the time.
2. No ledge grab limit is stupid.

However, the ledge grab limit only applies when time runs out.
I went ahead and watched all of Masashi's vids. How many of those games involved time running out? None. So, sure, I guess there's less chance of timing people out - and more leeway for abusing the ledge even in the presence of a ledge grab limit without being in danger of it ever getting invoked.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
I like how MKs are complaining about lower tiers, but I do agree on that Ledge Rule and the 10 minutes rule because it helps me focus without worrying about time. and kassandra, yes, they are, but I forgot who it was that was going. Crap

Denti

Smash Master
A 10 min game with a lgl would be better imo. Games going to time leave a bad taste about the match. People couldn't focus on a Time out playstyle but instead focus on a safe playstyle. There is a difference lol

Denti

Smash Master
It's at 60?! damn, just wait till 3 min left then plank the **** outa them.

After watching their matches I noticed most of them end with 2 or 3 min left, hence a why a 10 min timer would be better.

suinoko/Jade Stern

Smash Cadet
All tournaments in Japan have rules like this(10 minutes,60 times LGL) since 2009 and SRT is also.
sorry we dont have good translater now so we cant translate the rulesets about SRT ><

Flayl

Smash Hero
From what I've read in alot of tournaments that have to finish their Finals outside of the venue or at ridiculous hours, the last thing people should do to the ruleset is increase the time limit.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Last I recall, if pit wants to use arrows, he has to go above the ledge, where he can be hit. The same does not apply for your character m2k.

Top Bottom