• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumabato RB (West Japan) - Koto (Thunders) wins Sumabato #18

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
**** can't believe Tani didn't win =( ***** ***** Mach Dash the last time their matches were posted on youtube.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Yo people.

Sumabato 9:
1 Kou
2 Kei
3 Cho
4 Koto aka Thunders
5 Souten
5 S-Royal
7 Kokutou
7 Hoshikabi

Next Sumabato is 18 September.
Vids up on first page

strawhats

Smash Master
Yo people.

Sumabato 9:
1 Kou
2 Kei
3 Cho
4 Koto aka Thunders
5 Souten
5 S-Royal
7 Kokutou
7 Hoshikabi

Next Sumabato is 18 September.
Vids up on first page
someone needs to get these guys along with masashi, bombsoldier( i know for a fact he still plays even if its both games alothough i hear he prefers melee but not many melee players are left in the japanese scene), CJ (i hope he makes it out here. sad he missed Apex), mach dash, and tani to come to america in '11 alot of hype international tournies coming up next yr.

Pound V
Genesis II
Cataclysm V (most likely to make it to this one)
Airship (i hope this is still happening)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
kei is the homie

he went mostly IC's haha

also I JV 3-stocked cho in poolz <3

got raaaaped in bracket though

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude, i watched these finals the other day

soooooo campy

toph u better be bringing the cool **** to japan
shine upsmash and all that fancy stuff for days!!

Dax

Smash Journeyman
So I guess Shu doesn't play anymore either then? :/
For some reason he attended the last Sumabato (only). He got 17th though.

Is Kou like their best player?

Falco. <3
Well, probably it's the campiest... :laugh:
Nah, anyway, I think TANI used to be the best player in the recent years but right now, I don't know, I guess Kou is the most consistent (but gets ***** by TANI himself)

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
dude, i watched these finals the other day

soooooo campy

toph u better be bringing the cool **** to japan
shine upsmash and all that fancy stuff for days!!
I feel sorry for them if that's how they play on a regular basis LOL. Poor Kou, getting wobbled like a billion times LOL.

I don't even know how Kou won. He's probably one of the sloppiest Falcos I've ever seen... kinda reminds me of Mango when he just started Falco.

But yeah... FD only is campy as ****. I'm glad we got our platforms / smaller stages.

takieddine

Smash Master
Agree with zhu on kou. But I guess the japanese play much less on reaction time and more on "mindgames" could be a reason why his whack-*** style won.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I feel sorry for them if that's how they play on a regular basis LOL. Poor Kou, getting wobbled like a billion times LOL.

I don't even know how Kou won. He's probably one of the sloppiest Falcos I've ever seen... kinda reminds me of Mango when he just started Falco.

But yeah... FD only is campy as ****. I'm glad we got our platforms / smaller stages.
This is what I saw. I don't know if Kou can play aggressive. He shows glimmers of it, but it just never happens.

It's unfortunate, because Falco has much better options than spamming lasers.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
man, that was like 2005 era midwest all around

campiness with ridiculously goofy and ineffective mindgames by everyone involved

the only difference is that in 2005 trail would have been able to cg a lot better than that

Dax

Smash Journeyman
man, that was like 2005 era midwest all around

campiness with ridiculously goofy and ineffective mindgames by everyone involved

the only difference is that in 2005 trail would have been able to cg a lot better than that
haha
this is the stupidest **** i've ever read in a while

oh USA :laugh:

I really wonder how could Kou go even with Captain Jack back when he clearly was the best sheik in the world with Amsah *cough* :laugh:

you guys take videos too seriously when judging performances, without realizing that "Maybe" they definitely don't approach these tournaments like you would do at Pound or Apex or whatever. The Ketubato series was definitely more serious, since that was *the* game.
Probably Mach Dash is the most serious one above all.
lolno

Look, this and this are from the end of 2007 and, guess what, a few months later Captain Jack was going to beat Armada with Sheik in a PAL tournament and getting 2nd.

Oh and don't worry Armada [and Amsah] were already able to **** 90% of you guys loool

Don't try to make me sound stupid, I don't think AT ALL that any of the japanese player left stand ANY chance against Mango or Hbox or Armada or M2K. Especially since the top 2 players are retired.

If you watch Koto's friendlies with KDJ you understand that KDJ is probably a little better. Only problem is that nobody knows what KDJ would do at a national right now lol

Still, they are not bad players at all and I'm pretty sure they would have no problem to give challenge to the others. Just like they did at OC2.
Just like the europeans.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im not saying theyre terrible

their style just reminds me of 2005 era midwest, like dope, tink, with obvious mathos

that marth up threw kou at 130% and double jump forward b'd him, there is nothing good about that and everything hilarious

2007 was a long time ago, in fact it was the same year that:

helios, reportedly third in europe at the time behind amsah and ek, came to the US and was about as good as the likes of cunningkitsune and kaiser,

bombsoldier, at the time we were told was the best player in japan, was nothing special at oc3

lots of fallacies on everyones part, but the sheer lack of execution and overabundance of extremely goofy tactics still reminds me of 2005-6 midwest

Dax

Smash Journeyman
im not saying theyre terrible

their style just reminds me of 2005 era midwest, like dope, tink, with obvious mathos

that marth up threw kou at 130% and double jump forward b'd him, there is nothing good about that and everything hilarious
And I guess that couldn't be a mistake lol...
makes me wonder how do you watch vids

2007 was a long time ago, in fact it was the same year that:

helios, reportedly third in europe at the time behind amsah and ek, came to the US and was about as good as the likes of cunningkitsune and kaiser
I don't know how Helios did, I remember watching a set against darkrain and it was ok though, other than that, Helios is not Europe, he wasn't even at the tournament I mentioned , and I didn't talk about cj beating 'helios' lol

don't tell me that CJ didn't prove himself a lot of times please lol

bombsoldier, at the time we were told was the best player in japan, was nothing special at oc3
I don't know who told you that, I'm not that sure that he was better than CJ or other top at oc3 time.
Also, looking at Oc2 results actually the only things I can say is "uh-oh".

I agree that time passed and I could repeat the end of my previous post exactly. Which means no challenge for the world top 4 but going fine with the others.
They did ok at oc2, didn't stop playing since then apart from some months, and I actually don't see any reason at all to them doing bad now, can't help it

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
dax you're misinterpreting every bigd says. Your "lol america" jab only makes you look worse.

Get off your highhorse kiddo.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
You guys suck dick in comparison to the US. There, I said what everyone wants to say but isnt.
Stick to what you're good at, real fighting games. Leave the competitive party games to us :')

Dax

Smash Journeyman
dax you're misinterpreting every bigd says. Your "lol america" jab only makes you look worse.

Get off your highhorse kiddo.
I don't think I am, I just don't like some attitudes. I understand that he's not saying the they're terrible, I just think that people should make less unlikely comparisons. That's exactly why I answered only that.

My lol usa was just a provocation because I remember very well what people were saying to Armada before Genesis. Come on I didn't mean it seriously, don't make me sound like a bad troll ;)

lololol Euclid :laugh: :lick:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
The Japanese(Masashi and CJ anyways) did pretty good at ESA2 as well. It's weird that the American melee community thinks the Japanese sucks as it is the other way around in seemingly for every other fighting game.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol Lovage and S2J leaping at a chance to team troll as always.

Two nations attempting to troll each other like usual *yawn* What else is new?

Top Bottom