• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumabato RB (West Japan) - Koto (Thunders) wins Sumabato #18

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Noobs :p (j/k) He is the Isai of Japan, look at how he sometimes just sandbags and doesn't really seem to care, also, he i belive i once heard he said he only played melee for teh funz xD (aka Isai - nowdays?)

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I don't think Isai has much fun playing Melee. Hell, from my experience meeting him, he seems like he never has fun.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
yeah sorry I have no time to translate sumabato 2 vids now. But if you see a pink falcon, it's mach dash :laugh:

Alright, Sumabato #3 just ended yesterday

1. Koto
2. Kei
3. Souther
4. Cho
5. Kokutou
5. Maatan (or something like that lol)

since these vids are few, i quicky translated them (down here lol).

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=00CA3FB69F27E1F0 vids here.
Every Ganon vid, it's Cho.
Koto always uses Fox but in one vid he used Peach o_O. Just search for コト
Kei uses IC or Peach. Just search for ケイ
Kokutou uses only sheik.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
yeah sorry I have no time to translate sumabato 2 vids now. But if you see a pink falcon, it's mach dash :laugh:

Alright, Sumabato #3 just ended yesterday

1. Koto
2. Kei
3. Souther
4. Cho
5. Kokutou
5. Maatan (or something like that lol)

since these vids are few, i quicky translated them (down here lol).

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=00CA3FB69F27E1F0 vids here.
Every Ganon vid, it's Cho.
Koto always uses Fox but in one vid he used Peach o_O. Just search for コト
Kei uses IC or Peach. Just search for ケイ
Kokutou uses only sheik.
How do we know if Maatan is playing or not?

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Yes :) Sumabato4 just ended and i'm gonna bring you the results.
Vids still not out yet.

1°: Kou
2°: Koto (Thunders)
3°:Souther
4°:Souten

Dax

Smash Journeyman
how many ppl enter these on average?
around 40 people.
I even have the brackets of the events but ugh, they are not done with tournament maker and are pretty hard to read. Also, they are math-based. They do some sort of round-qualification (dunno if it's pools or what) and then people are disposed on the bracket by a combination of ranking-seeding. So n°1 goes there, etc. Pretty complex.

Also, i would have to translate the names of the players i guess lol.

About Souten being Masashi, I have no clue at all, sorry.

List of people who attended some of these tournaments

Dax

Smash Journeyman
yo guys.
Long time no see :D

Sorry for no updates, but i'm making a big one right now. Sumabato8 vids are only on niconico so i'm putting them on my channel. Also, i'm updating the results\vids of all the tournaments from 5 to 7.

Oh and if you're reading this and don't see the first page updated, it's because i'm doing it right now =)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Honestly, it's awesome seeing the same stage over and over and no character changes between sets. It makes the game look so much more traditional and standardized.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
mmh? They are allowed to change character. Cho went Ganon and Samus against S-Royal at the last tourney.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
mmh? They are allowed to change character. Cho went Ganon and Samus against S-Royal at the last tourney.
whops I didn't realize. Still, baby steps, FD only is great progress. If only stubborn people in the US would adopt that rule :dizzy:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Souten is not Masashi. Souten is this other Fox dude. Also, he has almost the exact same playstyle as me. It freaked both of us out, and it freaked everyone else out. LOL at my first smashfest everyone kept going "OMG ITS SOUTEN"

Btw, Masashi is focusing on Brawl. :(

Hoshino Kirby = Hoshikabi = Hoshikirby, it's just an abbreviation.

Also to whomever asked, tourneys are usually 40-50 people. It's not really "all of Japan", just Kansai, so they're not THAT big, but at the same time Kansai is a pretty strong region, and 40 person locals are pretty beast.

edit: TML, you're allowed to switch characters between rounds, and you can counterpick characters.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Please tell the Fox players to improve their DI against Falcon XD

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
Please tell Tani to learn how to sweetspot the one stage you guys play on.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL I know right?

Tani hasn't played for 6 months though, he doesn't even really play anymore - well, he said he's not quitting, but he's trying to become like, a mahjong master or something. >_> And you can actually win money with mahjong in this country (which you can't with fighting games) so I don't blame him.

Not to john for him or anything. *cough* Nah, who am I kidding, I'm johning for Tani cuz he's like the coolest guy in the world LOL.

Top Bottom