• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suicide Kills

micahismyname

Smash Rookie
NNID
micahismyname
Do you incorporate self destruction kills into your playstyle? If so, how is that working out for you?

My current setup is 3311.

My neutral is exploding side kick. This isn't technically a suicide move but it's the best suicide move if you land one offstage. Admittedly I've never pulled this off.

My side special is suplex. It's fantastic for catching edgeguarders off guard. I've even used it offensively when the opponent is far enough offstage. Unfortunately I sometimes try to use suplex to get back on stage and accidentally suicide kill when I'm behind in stocks.

My up special is soaring axe kick. It's the easiest way to get an offstage kill on a recovering opponent.

My down special is Head-on Assault. Great for offstage kills on low recoveries as it skips the flip when airborne and goes straight into the downward strike. It can also suicide kill from the edge of the stage but it's hard, risky, and DI dependent. I thought this would be too similar to soaring axe kick to get used but I'm finding my uses for both. They combo into different trajectories and HoA gets kills off the top of the stage at high percents.

How's this working out for me? My GSP is 90,000 so not good.

Top Bottom