• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion - Punching as Olimar's jab

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If there's one thing that bothered me about Olimar's general moveset in Brawl, it was his neutral jab, where he bashes his helmet around or something. Not only does it look rather silly, but there's also a much more fitting attack they could of used that was actually from the Pikmin games. That is, Olimar being able to punch things.

I still find it bizarre to this day that the devs completely overlooked the most obvious choice for Olimar's neutral attack and instead pulled the helmet bash out of nowhere. It'd be like if Mario didn't have his SM64 punches/kicks and instead took his hat off to slap people with it or something

Thankfully, SSB4 has rectified this mistake and Olimar properly uses his fists now, but I was hoping that Project M would follow as well.

Last edited:

GrizzleDrizz1ed

Smash Apprentice
If there's one thing that bothered me about Olimar's general moveset in Brawl, it was his neutral jab, where he bashes his helmet around or something. Not only does it look rather silly, but there's also a much more fitting attack they could of used that was actually from the Pikmin games. That is, Olimar being able to punch things.

I still find it bizarre to this day that the devs completely overlooked the most obvious choice for Olimar's neutral attack and instead pulled the helmet bash out of nowhere. It'd be like if Mario didn't have his SM64 punches/kicks and instead took his hat off to slap people with it or something

Thankfully, SSB4 has rectified this mistake and Olimar properly uses his fists now, but I was hoping that Project M would follow as well.
I actually like his helmet smack. The second one has a hitbox behind him, so my vote is that it stays.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Pretty sure it's not even really a helmet bash. Yes you can get hit by the helmet, but it's got some great range.

Looks more like an antenna whip to me.

Top Bottom