• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

suggestion for lucario's up-taunt

felikx

Smash Rookie
Hello!
As most of you should know, lucario's up-taunt has the ability to charge his aura by a bit. Because of this, it's good to spam this move whenever possible and when it's safe (mostly seen after a star-k.o.).
I had the idea to make his up-taunt a little more unique.
It's not very pleasing neither for the eye nor for the ears, to see this move repeated 3-4 times every time a lucario kills an opponent.
So maybe the up-taunt could be changed in a way, that it charges the aura as long as you hold the button, and the move gets cancelled only after releasing the taunt button (similar to ivisaurs neutral b). This way it would feel way more fluid and finished.
The animation could stay roughly the same, but a specific part of it may be looped?
The amount of aura charged per second could stay exactly the same.
Lucario has this dragonball / goku character style and I think the changes to his up-taunt could give him a similar feeling.
What do you think about this?

Krumpberry

Banned via Warnings
That would be so badass. And every time he gets an aura charge, he flashes like he went super saiyan.

Krumpberry

Banned via Warnings
I thought of this a little more and I'm wondering how you would punish it past the first taunt duration. Think of it like this: You just spam uptaunt like usual after your opponent dies. But in this particular situation, you made a mistake and uptaunted one times too many and the opponent just spawned. They go and punish you for doing another uptaunt. But say this version of uptaunt you suggested is implemented. While charging, would you be able to just cancel the taunt like other infinite taunts? How would you punish it?

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
I thought of this a little more and I'm wondering how you would punish it past the first taunt duration. Think of it like this: You just spam uptaunt like usual after your opponent dies. But in this particular situation, you made a mistake and uptaunted one times too many and the opponent just spawned. They go and punish you for doing another uptaunt. But say this version of uptaunt you suggested is implemented. While charging, would you be able to just cancel the taunt like other infinite taunts? How would you punish it?
A solution to this would be when you release the taunt charge button the delay afterwards is a full taunt length.

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
I agree with krumpberry, even with a delay it'd actually make this aura charge safer.

Gooch

Smash Cadet
This would be pretty good, although there would have to be some limitations on it.

• It shouldn't charge faster than doing the taunt repeatedly.
  • The ending shouldnt just be cancellable, it should have a ending animation like mewtwos infinite taunt, suggesting a powering down animation to go with the powering up look of his uptaunt.

Aidalicious

Smash Rookie
Maybe instead of it being thought of as a continuous charge, all it does is link together the animations of up taunts to make it aesthetically pleasing. So every time lucario would gain aura, it would take the same length as one taunt, and you have to wait for the next aura charge to cancel it. So it would be the exact same as when you spam up taunt except with one continuous animation.

Krumpberry

Banned via Warnings
But wouldn't that make it harder to get out of? Like, what would be the amount of time you have to get out of the first taunt duration? I think the infinite should be optional. You can still spam uptaunts like normal, or hold it for continuous charging. And some while holding it, there will be a tell that you can get out of the infinite taunt now.

Top Bottom