• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUGGESTION: Cutter Dash change

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
What do you guys think of a visual change to Cutter Dash that would indicate it going sideways?

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Would this be for the benefit of the opponent? So they have a chance to know it's coming? I think that's not necessary as they should just always be ready when they see the Cutter startup that it could go #eitherway

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I think that's not necessary as they should just always be ready when they see the Cutter startup that it could go #eitherway
I'm in the same boat, but I've heard some people talking about how the cutter having the ability to go up or sideways with no signal to what direction is "bad design," so I wanted to know what the Kirbee boards thought.

Brikmaethor

Smash Cadet
Firefox doesn't have any visual cues to indicate which direction it will go...

As a Kirby main, I really like having the mixup. It makes onstage Final Cutter a little bit safer because the opponent has to respect the Cutter Dash option, and Cutter Dash is made stronger by the same token because it isn't guaranteed to come out every time that the startup animation plays. Distinguishing the startup animations of each version would actually be a significant nerf. It wouldn't make Kirby a bad character by any means, but it would make a fun tool much worse, both as an aggressive option and as a recovery.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
@ Ogopogo Ogopogo Lol, why are people saying its a "bad design" Firefox/bird has even more directions and has no visual cues, just like Brik said. People are probably saying this because its new/different. A lot of the community complain about little things they dont understand... saying its OP or bad in design, just because they cant adapt lol.

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see a change to the side cutter, I want the spin at the end to have a bit more range.

Just stick the sword out while spinning kirby! You hold it out while moving up and sideways, just keep it out for the spin!
Add a bit of lag to the end of it to make it punishable on miss if more range makes it too op.

Top Bottom