• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suda 51 posts No More Heroes 3 statement - States last game in the series

No_More_No_More_Heroes.jpg

After ten years, the long wait is over. No More Heroes 3 has officially released worldwide, and Goichi "Suda51" Suda celebrated on Twitter for fans everywhere. In it, he shares a few details, like the original title for the game being No More Heroes 3 FINAL BOUT - All-Out Galactic War! and bids farewell to the series. Don't worry, the original post contains no spoilers.

Fans of No More Heroes can still enjoy No More Heroes 3 out now, and also enjoy the No More Heroes 3 Spirit event for Smash Ultimate and Travis Touchdown's Mii costume.

Author's Note: Wow, what an end. I can't believe it's over, but what a high note to end on. Your thoughts? Let us know below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I know not every series can indefinitely get sequels into the future. But games like this… they’re so rare these days despite the clear demand for them that it’s always disappointing to see a franchise go away with no hopes of returning. Like… games aren’t movies. Games aren’t manga. Games aren’t shows. Games are one of the only mediums where a franchise never ending is like…. feasible.

I'm good with this, though it means Travis' chances for future smash games are going to go down the drain. I feel like the series ran it's course but just needed a good ending point.

I'm good with this, though it means Travis' chances for future smash games are going to go down the drain. I feel like the series ran it's course but just needed a good ending point.
I think the Mii costume put the foot in the door in regards to that, so it feels like Suda's final objective for Travis is to get him in Smash, so he can be immortalized like :ultbanjokazooie:. He's not about to give up on his goal that quickly when some past gen games still get in Smash after the fact.

Besides, Travis is the closest thing Grasshopper has to an official mascot, as every other main character of theirs is either underused or never remains the main character for long, and Sakurai, as Suda's friend, almost certainly would respect his decision to end things on his own terms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom