• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sucking up Ivysaur

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
I just realized, you get an insta-solar beam after sucking up Ivysaur... Is that.. Intentional?

I know not all inhale powers work like they're supposed to (I think for some of them you still have their Brawl counterparts, like MK and Squirtle) but damn, it just seems too broken to be intentional

Last edited:

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
it's intentional, have you tried to inhale a good ivy? so hard. also it is a one time use.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
it's intentional, have you tried to inhale a good ivy? so hard. also it is a one time use.
Hmm, I don't have much Ivysaur experience, it doesn't take very long to just taunt cancel and go for another inhale though

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I suppose they decided that it would be less broken than letting Kirby have heals. He could probably stall out and heal easier than Ivy can.

_Accelerator

Smash Cadet
You can D-Throw/F-Throw into Solarbeam on Ivy at certain percents. I'm not sure if it was the player not DI'ing or what but I pulled a lot of those off and it felt great.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I wouldn't quite call it broken because Kirby still has to abide by only being able to shoot at an angle and as long as the opponent understands this (Or at least I hope the Ivysaur player would know how their own attack works.) there won't be a whole lot of opportunities to successfully hit with solar beam, you probably aren't going to be very likely to hit Ivysaur with it while he's recovering either since Ivysaur's recovery options are mostly horizontal.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Ivysaur's copy ability is like the perfect copy ability, slightly better but has its drawbacks. If they made all copy abilities like hers it would be ideal. Solarbeam doesn't look that good as of right now just because people arent comboing into it... at least most people that I've seen on stream or w/e use solarbeam kinda noob-ish just guessing that it might hit. If people learn to combo into it like Marth's dair, Falcon's knee, or Puff's rest we'll see its true power.

Top Bottom