• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suck it Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I was just about to ask about the Peach vs Falco match up in Cort's thread too. lol.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Unfortunately it's not that easy against a real player. Missing a powershield on a SHL will put you in shieldstun and more than likely throw off subsequent attempts to powershield it. Great advice for practicing, but it seems kind of risky to attempt powershields on dair. If you miss it, you lose a stock.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
its not that hard to powershield, as long as you see their attack coming. one person i play with will run at you with an attack if you don't move for a few seconds. i just powershield and kill lol. in a regular situation it might be similarly difficult (if you're shielding, you already see the attack coming by a second at least) as long as you don't freak out under the pressure....

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
can someone explain to me how powershielding attacks works again? you still have shield drop lag right? even if there is no shield stun there should be 14-16ish (i forget peach's data) frames of lag on the shield drop before you can dsmash after powershielding an attack right? same for powershielding lasers..or this is what i thought..but then i was unsure..i was testing attempts at powershield uptilt with marth on powershielded lasers but i can't act until the shield drops even with the powershield....

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you still suffer shieldstun, but the shield drop animation (~14-16 frames as you said) is interruptible by grounded A or B attacks, so non-grab/jump actions are faster by quite a bit in comparison to normal shielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom